Quick question about KETU

excellentph

What is Ketu? Is it something we mastered in the past lives and feel COMFORTABLE in the present life; or is it karmic debts and hence DIFFICULTIES in the present life because we did badly in the past lives (“selfish and egoist deeds of the past”)? I have Ketu near the cusp of 3rd and 4th house and can't decide which house it belongs to. I find 3rd house matters difficult and not interesting; on the other hand, I find 4th house matters comfortable and easy (and 10th house matters challenging).

So which is it - Ketu? An easy house in the present life or a difficult house ? or both??

=======
Author 1 says: Ketu is regarded as a point of difficult Karma from our past lives where we reap the results of our selfish and egoist deeds of the past. The other side of Ketu represents the tendency towards Moksha or liberation and mastery of secret and mysterious knowledge. But these can be achieved only through sufferings and pains which are represented by the placement of Ketu in different houses of the horoscope.

Author 2 says: The house Ketu sits in is the house we wont be very intrested in and so we wont care about it much. But, we will get those things easily.

This is conflicting, so I am confused.

Your take pls?

Thanks!