How important are Uranian planets?

Lucius22

I actually started to look into these a bit last year, but stopped. I'm sure they are atleast somewhat important, since a lot of ppl use them with good results.

My problem is that with my Aries sun and Sag moon, I tend to start so many things that I spread myself thin. I already use about a dozen or so asteroids, the vertex axis, the nodes, the black moon and white moon hypothetical points, minor aspects, etc. So I decided to put the uranian "planets" on hold for a bit and now I'm focusing on brushing up on the fundamentals.

I have an Aries sun as well, but with a Capricorn moon. :cool: I've just started looking into Uranian planets recently. I also use nodes... but I haven't really tried to interpret my vertex. I hate to ask, but what is the "black moon and white moon". :confused:

dr. farr

First one must make a thorough study of them using Witte's work and the reference works of his followers (authors writing about Uranian astrology, aka the "Hamburg" School) Then, test them out.

Me? I have not tested them out (my hands being full with the 10 planets+Lilith+the Nodes+the nearly 100 "Arabic Parts"+the fixed stars and constellations+Pauline dodek ramifications+antiscions+declinations, etc etc:sideways:)...so I can't make an informed-by-experience based comment about them.

Lucius22

First one must make a thorough study of them using Witte's work and the reference works of his followers (authors writing about Uranian astrology, aka the "Hamburg" School) Then, test them out.

Me? I have not tested them out (my hands being full with the 10 planets+Lilith+the Nodes+the nearly 100 "Arabic Parts"+the fixed stars and constellations+Pauline dodek ramifications+antiscions+declinations, etc etc:sideways:)...so I can't make an informed-by-experience based comment about them.

Hmm, alright. I'm gonna keep studying them. I've noticed not very many people have information about them. But thanks for the reply.

dr. farr

Note: Witte (who developed what we now refer to as Uranian astrology) originally referred to these as "Trans-neptunians" (this was prior to the discovery of Pluto)

Ouranos

Thank you for the info Humanitarian,
Do you have the Wikipedia link to your article?

My first approach with Transneptunians goes back to 1979 when I took a course with an old German lady, Ms Inge Aach. If my memory suits me well, I think she had studied with Ebertin.
But anyway, the best explanation I have found with the Transneptunians is that they represent 'energy fields' in the Kuiper Belt. As astrologers, we are trained to look for 'physical bodies' in the sky.
But what if these 'objects' or 'physical bodies' were not so much important as the 'space' that they occupy.
For example, Jupiter represents expansion, generosity and good fortune. But what if it was not so much the planet itself but the 'environment' or the 'space' that Jupiter occupies in the sky that brings the qualities of Jupiter. The sky is sliced into 'energy fields' so to speak.
For me, Transneptunians have explained so many things in a birth chart that where not visible from the traditional planets only.

'Rules for Planetary Pictures' and 'The Combination of Stellar Influences' have been my companions in my journey of astrology. Once you start studying midpoints, you cannot look back.

Some resources:

Susan Herskowitz
The site of Charles Ridoux - a must - many PDF in French and English
Steve Lee
Anna Sanchez
The Uranian Society
Francine Rasenberg
Meira Epstein
Penelope Bertucelli
47 articles by Alfred Witte
Faith McInerney

DavidMcCann

Witte and Ram both claimed to have discovered new planets by the careful study of their transits through horoscopes, yet Witte failed to discover Ram’s planets and Ram failed to discover Witte’s; nor did Witte’s work in the 1920s reveal the existence of Pluto. The conclusion should be obvious!

Ouranos

Thank you for the link Humanitarian.

Witte and Ram both claimed to have discovered new planets by the careful study of their transits through horoscopes, yet Witte failed to discover Ram’s planets and Ram failed to discover Witte’s; nor did Witte’s work in the 1920s reveal the existence of Pluto. The conclusion should be obvious!
Michael Feist gave a lecture in October 2010 at the 5th International Conference of the IUF in NY City. He was tracing back the origin of the Hamburg School.
He says that the early members were very pragmatic in their research and empirical studies served for control of the methods.
"To accomplish these goals, horoscopes which showed equal events and therefore had to show also similar planetary pictures were collected. These were horoscopes with clear events, e.g. fires, accidents, deaths, special dates like condemnations, arrests, business transactions and so on. Furthermore the members of the association had to buy themselves exact watches and record the events of their own daily life on the exact minute, in order to collect more research material."

Alfred Witte mentions laws in physics and mathematics (Jean-Baptiste Biot (1774-1862), physicist Félix Savart (1791-1862), Augustin de Coulomb (1736-1806), the founder of the electrostatics and the magnetostatics, J.C. Maxwell (1831-1879) and Sir J.J. Thomson (1856-1940).
In 1923, Witte wrote an article pointing out that a planet (found to be Pluto in 1930) was disrupting the orbit of Neptune and he also found out that another planet/ factor was disrupting the same orbit and he name it Cupido and the position of this planet/factor became the starting point of the astrological calculation of Cupido for it produced unions.
Furthermore, he saw in the magnetic fields and the electromagnetism an important connection for the explanation of the astrological phenomena. For Witte, the astrological character of the planets is not bound to the body of the planets, but it results by the different distances of the planets from the Sun in a falling energetic potential which he called 'ball shells'.

Gary Christen goes on to say that if you were to replace Mercury by a piece of rock, this piece of rock would behave like Mercury and would have the same effect on human beings.
In 1905, Einstein said that the origin of the magnetic field is one of the most important and still unsolved problems of physics.
The calculations of Witte and Sieggrun were later confirmed by James Neely, a scientist who helped Neil Michelsen develop the first American Ephemeris in the 70's (ACS). Neely said that Witte's ephemerides, as those of Sieggrun, have the character of independent planets and can not be combinations of known planetary bodies. For however, James Neely does not pronounce on the subject of whether the Transneptunians are truly physical objects. But these fields exist as he was able to calculate them with a few corrections.
Charles Jayne had plans to incorporate data on unknown planets into a computer software.
Many authors think of the Transneptunians as 'centers of energy' but Blake Finley considers the existence of centers of gravitation among the belts of asteroids, rather than real global bodies.

Now to reduce the validity of astrology to an empirical view of the bodies in the sky and be consistent with this approach, we should get rid of Parts or any other hypothetical calculations points along with the Houses for their physical bodies do not exist in the sky.
And we think that Uranian Astrology is about 100 years old but its roots go back to Kepler. In a letter he wrote to a colleague and I will summarize it as I do not have the quote handy he said that after 10 years of studying astrology he thought that the "energy of the planets" combined is more important than signs and houses which is the basis of midpoint structures. Look up at the conjunction Hades/Kronos in Cancer right now over the Sun of U.S.A and tell me that it does not describe the state of the world. Decaying governments and authority figures around the world. The worst example being in Haiti (over their ASC) where criminal gangs are now running the country. The cycle of Kronos is 520 years and Hades is 360 years. They move about 1 to 2 degrees a year. We are not done yet with a change of guard.

Be well,
------------------
Source:
The Transneptunian question
Charles Ridoux

History of Uranian Astrology
Michael Feist