The place to rant about all things horary

tsmall

Premium Member
We all do it. Once you've been studying and reading charts for a while you find things that really drive you bonkers. Like when someone says horary can only answer yes/no questions (that one really gets me) or when you argue that the Moon isn't void (yes it is! no it's not!)

Sometimes we want to have these arguments in the middle of threads, which can derail the topic (though lead to interesting and enlightening discussion), so I wanted to start a thread where you can come to argue a point. Or vent. Or whatever, about all things horary. The only rule is you can argue the point, not attack the person (forum decorum.)

I'll get things started. There are no such things as strictures against judgement. Every time I see someone say that a chart isn't vaild, or can't be read, I want to tear my hair (or theirs) out. Not only is it not true, but it leads newbies into casting chart after chart after chart for the same dang question....grrrr.

The considerations before judgement are not to be confused with strictures against judgement. Each one carries delineative meaning. They are there for a reason and tell you something important about the chart.

Anyone care to disagree? Or vent/rant about something else?

tikana

Okay people

it is coming to the point where I am just sick and tired of seeing "moon is void, the chart is invalid!"

i understand that people are just lazy to sit and read ancient text and they rely on google search which gives them wrong answers
SOOOO

Let's go through moon void terminology once again.

case 1:
moon is not making any aspects while in pisces, sag, cancer, taurus
If your signficators are in good aspect and strong, the horary is likely to be a yes.

"If the Moon be Void of Course, unless the significators apply strongly, there's seldom any bargain concluded or commodity at that time bought, and yet both parties wrangle and have some meetings to no purpose (p.377)." CA

case 2:
"There is void-coursing of the Moon whenever it is not applying to any planet, not bodily and not by figure [aspect]."

- Thesaurus, 1.39

if you are asking about a matter you do not want to happen and Moon is out of orb of moiety - answer is NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!
Getting fired, dying, divorce and etc. you got the picture

if the moon is within moiety to another planet but if moon has to change a sign, it means "the matter will perfect after a change of circumstance."

lilly-table-or-orbs.gif

case 3:
moon is at the beginning of a sign but out of the orb with another sign until much later, the matter is delayed - nothing yet .. check the primary significators

case 4
moon is at the end of a sign- check to see the last aspect moon made and the nature of the aspect and is moon strong in the following sign - 9 out of 10 it is a change of circumstance.

cast 5:
2 planets perfect moon is out of the orb with outgoing aspect and incoming, moon is feral .. depending on the quality, the situation is unpredictable you cannot rely solely on the moon.. pay attention to the entire chart
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

case 6
planets aspecting but moon is not making any.. if planets are strong essentially, it will happen or success will be achieved at the lesser success

I will add more
Tik

ohh and i really tired of seeing SATURN IS in 7th.. the chart is invalid.. my reply to this stupid statement is "you heard the bell ring but you have no idea where the sound came from!"
see that link on the bottom of my signature? Read it otherwise flogging and onslaught will continue until morale improves!

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

Okay people

it is coming to the point where I am just sick and tired of seeing "moon is void, the chart is invalid!"

i understand that people are just lazy to sit and read ancient text and they rely on google search which gives them wrong answers
SOOOO

case 1:
If your signficators are in good aspect and strong, the horary is likely to be a yes.

"If the Moon be Void of Course, unless the significators apply strongly, there's seldom any bargain concluded or commodity at that time bought, and yet both parties wrangle and have some meetings to no purpose (p.377)." CA

case 2:
"There is void-coursing of the Moon whenever it is not applying to any planet, not bodily and not by figure [aspect]."

- Thesaurus, 1.39

if you are asking about a matter you do not want to happen and Moon is out of orb of moiety - answer is NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!

if the moon is within moiety to another planet but if moon has to change a sign, it means "the matter will perfect after a change of circumstance."

lilly-table-or-orbs.gif

case 3:
moon is at the beginning of a sign but out of the orb with another sign until much later, the matter is delayed - nothing yet .. check the primary significators

case 4
moon is at the end of a sign- check to see the last aspect moon made and the nature of the aspect and is moon strong in the following sign - 9 out of 10 it is a change of circumstance.

cast 5:
2 planets perfect moon is out of the orb with outgoing aspect and incoming, moon is feral .. depending on the quality, the situation is unpredictable you cannot rely solely on the moon.. pay attention to the entire chart
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I will add more
Tik

ohh and i really tired of seeing SATURN IS in 7th.. the chart is invalid.. my reply to this stupid statement is "you heard the bell ring but you have no idea where the sound came from!"
see that link on the bottom of my signature? Read it otherwise flogging and onslaught will continue until morale improves!

Wow, No thanks. Who would request a reading frm someone like this. Do you charge people for this??

There is not any amount of experience or knowledge in the universe that will compensate for approachability...

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Wow, No thanks. Who would request a reading frm someone like this. Do you charge people for this??

There is not any amount of experience or knowledge in the universe that will compensate for approachability...

I'm not sure I understand your objection. This is a learning forum, and tik's post is absoultely chock full of learning. The point of this thread is to discuss things as an horary astrologer that bother you (I believe we call them "pet peeves") that you sometimes see other horary astrologers doing. Completely different from approaching charts with respect to clients or querents.

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

Lol. That is the most condescending advertisement I have ever seen in my life.

"i understand that people are just lazy to sit and read ancient text and they rely on google search which gives them wrong answers
SOOOO"?

Get over yourself. (The OP) not you. You couldn't pay ME to listen to that. If you want people to learn, it is important to make them WANT to listen. Im blown away. "Morale" doesn't "improve" that way.. I'm glad we are allowed to be blunt in this thread though. I like it when the shoe fits on both feet.

If you all think there is learning value to a thread like this, that would explain morale or whatever. I've seen tik's work and it's good. I just don't understand the approach - or what makes you think people would be interested considering?

We're all lazy dullards. I get it. Glad that was free.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

"i understand that people are just lazy to sit and read ancient text and they rely on google search which gives them wrong answers
SOOOO"?

Get over yourself. (The OP) not you. You couldn't pay ME to listen to that. If you want people to learn, it is important to make them WANT to listen. Im blown away. "Morale" doesn't "improve" that way.. I'm glad we are allowed to be blunt in this thread though. I like it when the shoe fits on both feet.

I'm glad you're glad. The point though is to argue the idea, not the poster. Nor the tone, or delivery of the content. So...:annoyed: It's not about morale, it's about finding a safe outlets for the things about horary that bother you.

If you have a valid point to make regarding theory, go ahead. Otherwise...;)

Dubyadude1986

I'm glad you're glad. The point though is to argue the idea, not the poster. Nor the tone, or delivery of the content. So...:annoyed: It's not about morale, it's about finding a safe outlets for the things about horary that bother you.

If you have a valid point to make regarding theory, go ahead. Otherwise...;)

Ok :) Good luck with that.

katydid

SOOOO"?

If you all think there is learning value to a thread like this, that would explain morale or whatever. I've seen tik's work and it's good. I just don't understand the approach.

Dubya, I am a big fan of yours. But I think you might be misreading this post. The thread was titled RANT and so it is a place that horary experts can come and RANT. That is all that Tikana was doing. She was not speaking to clients or trying to motivate students.

She helps so many people here, day after day, for years already. She deserves a place to rant a little, in my opinion. :sideways:

Dubyadude1986

Sorry. I was never saying she shouldn't be able to say what she did. I am trying to understand the motivation. As i said, I must be out of line. I'll be distracted in 10 minutes anyway, it's all good. lol

tikana

SOOOO"?

If you all think there is learning value to a thread like this, that would explain morale or whatever. I've seen tik's work and it's good. I just don't understand the approach - or what makes you think people would be interested considering?

We're all lazy dullards. I get it. Glad that was free.

will you bloody chill out? laughs hysterically.. thank god i am not a celebrity.. LOL i would be everyone's LOL post sweetheart rotlfmao but then i will be chilling out and laughing at overeraction or LOL replies

the flogging will continue until the morale improves is from a pirate placard

I am sick and tired of seeing exact the same error "moon is void! HELP!"

Me charging? pfft i am not astrologer by profession .. do not ever want to be one..

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Okay people

SOOOO

case 1:

case 2:

- Thesaurus, 1.39

lilly-table-or-orbs.gif

case 3:

case 4

cast 5:

I will add more
Tik

Don't even get me started on VoC Moon! This is great stuff on understanding void of course (ahem, students pay attention) but seriously? "Moon is void, I can't read the chart..."

Except the Moon is void for a reason, and it might not actually be VOID because it could be within orb of a planet once it changes freaking signs, or here's a thought, the planets could be able to actually perfect a thing on their own without help from the Moon...

Masha'Allah, Sahl, Ezra. You know what they did when the Moon was Void in her sign? They moved her to the next sign and read the **** chart. Just saying...

Dubyadude1986

will you bloody chill out?

the flogging will continue until the morale improves is from a pirate placard

I am sick and tired of seeing exact the same error "moon is void! HELP!"

Me charging? pfft i am not astrologer by profession .. do not ever want to be one..

Lol. Yeah. I will, I'm not mad. I was just a little bit confused. I should have done that in private because I genuinely cared, wasn't trying to make you look bad. Seeya around. :) That is a huge flaw of mine, I notice mine also.

Last edited:

tikana

Lol. Yeah. I will, I'm not mad. I was just a little bit confused. I should have done that in private because I genuinely cared, wasn't trying to make you look bad. Seeya around. :) That is a huge flaw of mine, I notice mine also.

welll i am known for being a rogue wave.. it is normal.. lol alwys think of a dry painful bitey sarcasm

ahh dont worry about it.. i like to ruffle the feathers...

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

Nailed it. Saturn is in the 7th, chart is not valid. Umkay. Do you know why Saturn in the 7th is a consideration? No?

Saturn in 7, WHEN HE IS NOT A PRIMARY SIGNIFICATOR in the question (did I say that loud enough) means the astrologer isn't competent to read the chart. Which translates too...grrrrrrrrr. Why cast a chart when you know you can't read it in the first place. :annoyed:

tikana

Tsmall

usually saturn in 1st direct when non-significator .. some kind of a delay or describes the querent

saturn retro in 1st non-significator - could be a denial or a person or thing outside of the question itself

again it is not cookie cut situation..

T

tsmall

Premium Member
Tsmall

usually saturn in 1st direct when non-significator .. some kind of a delay or describes the querent

saturn retro in 1st non-significator - could be a denial or a person or thing outside of the question itself

again it is not cookie cut situation..

T

Saturn retro in 1st and I want to really check if the chart is radical. Because I'm like...um, I think the Universe has a different message for you...

tikana

Saturn retro in 1st and I want to really check if the chart is radical. Because I'm like...um, I think the Universe has a different message for you...

yes absolutely that is why i usually look at where is moon is it doing anything that is relevant to the horary question
hour agreement
power of the asce

T

tsmall

Premium Member
Here's another one..."what house rules jewelry? Or cars. I mean, there has to be a house for this, right? How else can I find the ruler of the thing, dangit??"

Except general significators have a place and a reason...

tsmall

Premium Member
My absolute favorite.

"Ok, so this is the 15th horary I've cast about the same question, and I finally think is says yes!"

<facepalm>