Significance of this, please?

Flowergirl

Hi everyone, I was browsing the ephemeris and I just found out that I was born a few hours after Pisces Mercury went direct. Is there any significance to this? Would this colour my birth chart in any way or should I just accept that when I was born, it was direct?

Flowergirl

Huh? I don't understand what you mean but I'll take it then that it has no significance. Technically I was born when Mercury was direct, even if it was Rx just a few hours earlier.

IleneK

Premium Member
Huh? I don't understand what you mean but I'll take it then that it has no significance. Technically I was born when Mercury was direct, even if it was Rx just a few hours earlier.

You are correct, you should treat your Mercury as direct even though it was retrograde a few hours earlier.

And there is some signficance.

The apparent motion of Mercury comes to a stop [stations] and then begins to go direct. It is moving very slowly and the more slowly a planet moves, the more powerful it is considered to be [like why the outer planets are more powerful]. So we can say that your direct Mercury in Pisces has more power because of how slowly it was moving as it was just beginning its direct motion.

Last edited:

Flowergirl

Wow, thanks for that. IleneK. I had this feeling that I've read something about a significance to this situation somewhere prior. I just couldn't remember as I didn't know about this back then. Many thanks. My Mercury is in Pisces in the 12th, so debilitated and in fall, so this is interesting.

JUPITERASC

....So we can say that your direct Mercury in Pisces has more power because of how slowly it was moving as it was just beginning its direct motion.
A planet 'MAKES A STATION' when SEEMING motionless before reversing direction AS VIEWED FROM EARTH :smile:

i.e. The planet apparently stops moving/appears to be standing still when between Retrograde and Direct motion and has great influence because its energy is concentrated at the degree of the Zodiac at which it is located.

A planet that is 'Stationing Direct' is considered to be one of the most powerful positions for planetary influ
ence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_7ReQb_VQ

Two types of stationary planets

(1) When a planet that has been direct is about to turn retrograde

(2) When a planet that has been retrograde is about to go direct

JUPITERASC

Interesting that recently for example:

Mercury Stationed Retrograde on 14 July 2012

then

Mercury Stationed Direct on 7 August 2012 :smile: