Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 05-04-2021, 08:50 PM

How does this work

Curious... when there is an ongoing situation, but yet there are no aspects between significators, no translation of light, no collection of light... just nothing...

How do you deal with a chart like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg how does this work.jpg (47.9 KB, 13 views)

Unread 05-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Re: How does this work

Well, it depends upon the kind of question, but it points to no connection, no action at this time, no success...

Unread 05-04-2021, 10:30 PM

So you could kind of take it that the situation was over; or in some form or hiatus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Well, it depends upon the kind of question, but it points to no connection, no action at this time, no success...
Unread 05-05-2021, 12:35 AM

I could; it depends upon the question.

Unread 05-06-2021, 04:16 AM

Well, the question would depend upon the person asking and what they wanted to know... a lot of people ask me to do charts for them (even though I'm just a novice) - horary seems to hold a fascination for many. So I'm trying to work out all the different permutations.

In this case the person asked was it over... but there was no actual no - I'd have expected a separating aspect; so I went with there's no action at the time, wait and see what happens... that might have been wrong... :/

Quote:
I could; it depends upon the question.
Unread 05-06-2021, 05:11 AM

We can't answer your question because without knowing what it is, we cannot assign houses to the querent or quesited.

Generally a "nothing" chart would mean a "no" answer.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 05-06-2021, 06:09 AM

I did actually say what the question was that I was asked to answer... It was "was their relationship over". Why does no aspect mean no, instead of "no action at the moment"?

So, if someone asks me is my relationship over, and there is no aspect between their significators, I can safely tell them no it's not over? That's very counter intuitive to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
We can't answer your question because without knowing what it is, we cannot assign houses to the querent or quesited.

Generally a "nothing" chart would mean a "no" answer.

Last edited by Milarien; 05-06-2021 at 06:14 AM. Reason: clarification
Unread 05-07-2021, 04:24 AM

Thanks, Milarian. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake. I didn't understand what "it" meant.

Let's reverse your question. What gives a favorable "yes" answer? An applying sextile, trine, or conjunction. Good reception of essential dignities, notably mutual reception. I've not had much luck using antiscia, but some horary astrologers use them successfully. As you mention, translation/collection of light.

If the main significators apply to an aspect, but it's an opposition or a square, that indicates a connection, but one that doesn't go well. A couple might reconcile but they won't get along this time, either.

So what's the opposite of a "yes" answer?? It looks like a "no" to me. Especially with a separating aspect between the main significators.

Saturn in the first traditionally means the outcome won't be what the querent hopes.

Then there are the cautions against judgement. I take a VOC moon to mean the current situation is unlikely to change. If they're apart now, then this situation is likely to persist.

In the chart you posted, Venus (quesited) has past its last aspect with Mars: they're separating. Mars falls in Cancer.

The moon applying to a conjunction with Jupiter is hard to read. Maybe you have some thoughts on what this means.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Milarien (05-07-2021)
Unread 05-07-2021, 06:16 AM

Hi,

sorry for not making it clearer. The moon isn't void of course, it's applying to a conjunction with Jupiter, so that's not an issue.

No, I've had no luck with antiscia either, despite hours and months of reading they still make little sense to me, although some seem to find them of great value.

The Moons last aspect is the conjunction to Jupiter... that's usually a very positive indication - many take it to mean a woman who can have a very positive influence on your life... it's her co-significator conjuncting the major benefic, It's usually a "feel good" kind of aspect... often connecting with someone of that nature... Jupiter's about to change sign, indicating a change in a situation somewhere, perhaps she should travel and meet new people? Given that Jupiters rules the 9th and 11th... I hadn't really given much thought to the moon, although that was an oversight on my part.

The moon's last aspect was a square to Venus, although they didn't part on bad terms (that I'm aware of - they may have...?)

However, people repeatedly tell me the horary answers the question as you ask it, so a no answer, would be no it's not over... but it also looks like nothing is going to happen... nothing will change, which, in itself, leads to a yes it's over answer... now I've confused myself completely :/ lol.

Thanks for the help and sorry I wasn't clearer. I don't want to give negative answers when there might be a positive hiding in there somewhere.

Mila

Quote:
Thanks, Milarian. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake. I didn't understand what "it" meant.

Let's reverse your question. What gives a favorable "yes" answer? An applying sextile, trine, or conjunction. Good reception of essential dignities, notably mutual reception. I've not had much luck using antiscia, but some horary astrologers use them successfully. As you mention, translation/collection of light.

If the main significators apply to an aspect, but it's an opposition or a square, that indicates a connection, but one that doesn't go well. A couple might reconcile but they won't get along this time, either.

So what's the opposite of a "yes" answer?? It looks like a "no" to me. Especially with a separating aspect between the main significators.

Saturn in the first traditionally means the outcome won't be what the querent hopes.

Then there are the cautions against judgement. I take a VOC moon to mean the current situation is unlikely to change. If they're apart now, then this situation is likely to persist.

In the chart you posted, Venus (quesited) has past its last aspect with Mars: they're separating. Mars falls in Cancer.

The moon applying to a conjunction with Jupiter is hard to read. Maybe you have some thoughts on what this means.
Unread 05-07-2021, 11:08 AM

Saturn isn't in the first, it's in the 10th house.... ???

Quote:

Unread 05-07-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milarien View Post
Well, the question would depend upon the person asking and what they wanted to know... a lot of people ask me to do charts for them (even though I'm just a novice) - horary seems to hold a fascination for many. So I'm trying to work out all the different permutations.

In this case the person asked was it over... but there was no actual no - I'd have expected a separating aspect; so I went with there's no action at the time, wait and see what happens... that might have been wrong... :/

Just coming back to this, if the question is, "is it over?" and there is no aspect between the querent and the quesited, then I might take it to mean that they are not coming back together, which to me implies that it is over. Charts are not necessarily so precise as to show the sigs separating because the relationship is over. The sigs can be what is called disjunct, one sign or five signs apart [as in this particular case], and this would suggest that they don't see eye to eye and they are not staying together, rather than there necessarily being a separating aspect in the chart.
I would personally take this to be a bit more dire than no action or wait and see what happens. But that is just me.
And I do agree with you that Moon's conjunction with Jupiter is a favorable indicator.
So its a mixed bag.

Does that help a bit?

Last edited by IleneK; 05-07-2021 at 07:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Milarien (05-07-2021)
Unread 05-07-2021, 07:47 PM

Thanks for that Ilene It is a little bit of a mixed bag... but it gives me a reference for future charts like this.

Greatly appreciated

Mila

Quote:
Just coming back to this, if the question is, "is it over?" and there is no aspect between the querent and the quesited, then I might take it to mean that they are not coming back together, which to me implies that it is over. Charts are not necessarily so precise as to show the sigs separating because the relationship is over. The sigs can be what is called disjunct, one sign or five signs apart [as in this particular case], and this would suggest that they don't see eye to eye and they are not staying together, rather than there necessarily being a separating aspect in the chart.
I would personally take this to be a bit more dire than no action or wait and see what happens. But that is just me.
And I do agree with you that Moon's conjunction with Jupiter is a favorable indicator.
So its a mixed bag.

Does that help a bit?
The Following User Says Thank You to Milarien For This Useful Post:
IleneK (05-08-2021)
Unread 05-08-2021, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milarien View Post
Saturn isn't in the first, it's in the 10th house.... ???
I know that, MIlarian.

I'm just giving you some examples of when a chart doesn't give a clear "yes answer.".

I also knew that the moon wasn't VOC, incidentally. Again, just giving examples for future reference.

Is there a problem with qiving the querent a "no" answer? Generally s/he won't be happy about it. But I see our job as telling the truth as we see it. Not producing what the querent is hoping to hear.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Last edited by waybread; 05-08-2021 at 04:02 AM.
Unread 05-08-2021, 05:02 AM

No, it's not a problem per se; it's just sad to give someone bad news.

Quote:
I know that, MIlarian.

I'm just giving you some examples of when a chart doesn't give a clear "yes answer.".

I also knew that the moon wasn't VOC, incidentally. Again, just giving examples for future reference.

Is there a problem with qiving the querent a "no" answer? Generally s/he won't be happy about it. But I see our job as telling the truth as we see it. Not producing what the querent is hoping to hear.
Unread 05-09-2021, 08:20 AM

Apologies... there was nothing to indicate to me these were examples, so I was confused.

Cheers and thanks

Quote:
I know that, MIlarian.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milarien For This Useful Post:
waybread (05-10-2021)

Tags
no aspects, relationship, work