Malefic trine?

Blaze

Account Closed
Hello. I was looking at my chart and became focused on this trine from 12th house domicile Mars to 5th house Moon in Leo and got to thinking "Isn't this a rather...malefic trine?" I mean, Mars is in 12, self-undoing, bad spirit, unfortunate happenings etc in aspect to the Moon which is (among other things) the physical body has to be rather....bad, methinks.

So my question is more or less: Are trines from malefic's bad? I'm guessing its a "Sometimes but not always" kind of answer.

I'll post my own chart below for an example.

Attachments

• Tradchart2.jpg
    Tradchart2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 93

Oddity

Mars is in good dignity, which helps. And it's a separating aspect. That may indicate a not-great situation you were born into (4th house seems to figure here), or some other thing that was a fait accompli, but I don't think it's going to cause active harm or be predictive of something yet to come.

Trines can be malefic, though, yes. It will depend on the planets/houses involved.

Blaze

Account Closed
Mars is in good dignity, which helps. And it's a separating aspect. That may indicate a not-great situation you were born into (4th house seems to figure here), or some other thing that was a fait accompli, but I don't think it's going to cause active harm or be predictive of something yet to come.

Trines can be malefic, though, yes. It will depend on the planets/houses involved.

Thanks, odds. So in my case, since Mars is in dignity and the chart is nocturnal, his ability to harm is lessened, huh. 4th house Moon explains my growing up situation quite well, though.

And I'm guessing even Jupiter if ill placed like say, in Capricorn and in 8th can function like a malefic with it's Trines.

Oddity

That, or again, and this is important - the aspect is separating. That usually indicates something that happened before you were born, or an area of your life that will fall into neglect (not necessarily of your own volition, it could be because of bad circumstances).

Past aspects dictate things that have already occurred, that you have to deal with because they're already there. Applying aspects indicate things that are going to happen.

tsmall

Premium Member
You tell us. While I agree with Odds that it's separating, it's still within
3*. That's going to hammer you for a while, if not life. Especially when activated by time lords. Mars is the in-sect malefic, which means when it does rear up, it's going to be because of you, not to you. Understand?

conspiracy theorist

3*. That's going to hammer you for a while, if not life. Especially when activated by time lords. Mars is the in-sect malefic, which means when it does rear up, it's going to be because of you, not to you. Understand?

This is one I'm still not completely sold on. Is this something that you've seen consistently in charts?

Blaze

Account Closed

Hmm, I'm dual minded on the understanding part. When Mars starts acting up like a little baby Hercules, it's negative effects will be because of me as opposed to me, right? While that does make sense and I get it, it seems to be the opposite that plays out in my life. Most who know me know one thing "No one can harm Blaze like Blaze harms himself" and I don't mean in any kind of suicidal way.

But I get what you're saying, T. I just haven't seen that play out much in my life. Was definitely born into a rough life so 4th house Moon forming the separating aspect makes sense as odds put it.

Also, while on the topic: Take a chart like mine above (Taurus ascendant). If the Moon were in Sag going toward Mars that would make it an applying aspect? As it is, Moon is moving away from Mars so I see that as the separating part. So were a Sag moon applying the in-sect Mars, that trine would be rather "malefic" in nature?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

You tell us.
While I agree with Odds that it's separating, it's still within
3*.
It's well within 3° - it's 2° 7'
That's going to hammer you for a while, if not life.
Especially when activated by time lords.
Mars is the in-sect malefic,
which means when it does rear up, it's going to be because of you, not to you.
Understand?
Mars is "on Team Native" weakly receiving a peregrine Moon by Face
there is no mutual reception

yet perchance 'tis better to be received
albeit weakly
by an in-sect lesser malefic

than received at all by an out-of-sect lesser malefic :smile:

Moon rules 3rd house occupied by an out-of-sect benefic Jupiter
accompanying a not-in-sect Sun
This is one I'm still not completely sold on.

Is this something that you've seen consistently in charts?
To question "consistency" one needs to have seen a minimum of 250 charts
and analysed minutiae of each

conspiracy theorist

To question "consistency" one needs to have seen a minimum of 250 charts
and analysed minutiae of each

250 sounds arbitrary but I get your point. Still, there is no need to be so stringent to answer my question. If you came across 15 charts (another arbitrary number I know) where the OOS malefic was actually wielded by the native to cause harm then that would be sufficient to at least make that consideration a less powerful one.

JUPITERASC

250 sounds arbitrary but I get your point.
sounds arbitrary does not mean is arbitrary
Still, there is no need to be so stringent to answer my question.
If you came across 15 charts (another arbitrary number I know)
where the OOS malefic was actually wielded by the native to cause harm
then that would be sufficient to at least make that consideration a less powerful one.
Siriusly....only 15 charts :smile:
none of which have been provided on this thread as evidence

conspiracy theorist

Charts? No. Lives? Yes.

And this is exactly why. The things that harm come from, or because of us, not to us.

xo
t

Hmm, I see. The issue comes from my own experience where I haven't seen much Mars being done to me (OOS malefic) no matter how much I think back. Maybe I get shot in the upcoming war and that would be enough Mars for this lifetime though.

heidy26

Hmm, I see. The issue comes from my own experience where I haven't seen much Mars being done to me (OOS malefic) no matter how much I think back. Maybe I get shot in the upcoming war and that would be enough Mars for this lifetime though.

I have to agree with tsmall on this one... my in sect malefic is Mars and he is in the 1st house, but second sign. And not in a good shape.
Guess what ? I was very impulsive in the past. Made myself scars and injures due to my impulsive nature. Would you care to guess where ?

About the out of sect malefic...oh well... I still don't know whether I can relate to it... perhaps Saturn in his domicile and following an angle lessens his bad influence ?

conspiracy theorist

I have to agree with tsmall on this one... my in sect malefic is Mars and he is in the 1st house, but second sign. And not in a good shape.
Guess what ? I was very impulsive in the past. Made myself scars and injures due to my impulsive nature. Would you care to guess where ?

About the out of sect malefic...oh well... I still don't know whether I can relate to it... perhaps Saturn in his domicile and following an angle lessens his bad influence ?

Here is the thing with my situation. I can see that when I "hurt" myself, I'm doing so in a more Saturnine way than Martial. My Saturn is located in the cadent 3rd house and in a mute sign. Combine all of those and you get a decent enough picture as to how I am when I'm in a self-destructive spiral.

That's not my main gripe though, it's actually the issue of the out-of-sect malefic being done to me because just like you, this is not what I observe in my specific experience. Mars on ascendant might mean I suffer bodily injury from the others (to me instead of because of me). Well, I played a lot of sports when I was smaller and I would get many bangs and bruises regularly and all because of my own particular way of playing. I even had a nasty head injury when I was 2 because I climbed up on some furniture and it turned over on me.

Both malefics seem to work in the "because of me" fashion instead of the "because of/to me" fashion. That's why I'm wondering about the OOS Malefics mostly.