Question about ascendant :)

youser

Hi to everyone :)

I was just wondering if anyone else had mismatch between ascendant and their personality? Because my capricorn rising doesnt match me like aquarius does (I always wanted to be different and even few peopole told me that xd). Anyway I noticed that if I change my time of birth from 15:15 to 15:20 my ascendant changes from Cap to Aqu. Did anyone else had similar situation? :D

Thanks in advance..

iJOHqKA

mahaira

I have recently settled the matter of my Ascendant and my chart ruler.
I have had problems with finding out my exact time of birth and at some point I settled for Scorpio even though it made little sense. I took the hour marked on my birth certificate. It was wrong.
Before I recently consulted a professional astrologer, I had sent her a list of important events, character traits... and she too thought that my ascendant was in fact Sagittarius (I write and teach, live abroad, speak several languages...). It also changed the position of several planets. E.g. my Uranus is now in the 11th and not 12th - I have never been anxious and neurotic ;) My Jupiter in Gemini is in my 7th house now (I'm married to a foreigner Gemini/Sagittarius).
So... yes it can happen.

I've also learned that some astrologers will not accept clients who don't know at all when they were born, but will, however accept clients who know approximately, which allows them to test only 3 to 4 signs. More than that and it gets too complicated.

I've been trying to help out a friend who doesn't know his time of birth and it is (almost) impossible to be sure.

JUPITERASC

Hi to everyone :)

I was just wondering if anyone else had mismatch between ascendant and their personality? Because my capricorn rising doesnt match me like aquarius does (I always wanted to be different and even few peopole told me that xd). Anyway I noticed that if I change my time of birth from 15:15 to 15:20 my ascendant changes from Cap to Aqu. Did anyone else had similar situation? :D

Thanks in advance..

iJOHqKA
With many thanks to petosiris :smile:
for the following example rectification using THRASYLLUS method

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=894943&postcount=343

OM8y0cf.png

Another example, with the newly elected Mexican President - https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lopez_Obrador,_Andres_Manuel

According to the AA source, the birth occurred at 2:00, quite unlikely, like most rounded off births. Let's use Thrasyllus' method again.

1) We determine the ascensional degrees from the Sun to the Moon. We mark 81 as the solar gnomon.
2) We determine the ascensional degrees from the degree opposite the Sun - this is 23.
3) We multiply 23 by 12 and again by the hour of the nativity, with the fractions. Since the birth occurred at the beginning of the ninth hour - 23 x 12 x 8 - 360 x 6 = 48 which is less than the solar gnomon.
4) We add 7 minutes to the time of birth and with 23 x 12 x 8.12 - 360 x 6 = 81 and we get the ''real'' Ascendant.

Jupiter is Lord of the Year and in the place of Good Daimon with Fortune. The Lightbringer also profects to its exaltation. Note that he was not elected with the same profections 12 years ago. Since the Ruler of the Peak was in the place of the Bad Daimon in the 2005 solar revolution, in this Revolution she is with Jupiter to the degree making a phase.

Since the rising time of Libra is 32.5, doubled it makes the stellium operative. And since the rising time of Gemini is 33 and of Virgo is 31.25, it makes the Jupiter square Mars productive of rank, politics and authority (as are the rising times of Virgo and Capricorn for that partile trine). And since half of the rising time of Gemini is 16.5 and 4 times the years of Jupiter = 64.5, it makes it even more operative.

And since the year is multiple of 5, which is the special interval point of Venus (inferior trine), it makes the profection of Jupiter and Fortune even stronger than the last one, and according to Valens ''The configurations of the stars and their aspects with each other (especially the aspects with the Lot of Fortune) are effective in the chronocratorships which are in harmony. (The whole is seen and arises from the aspects of the Lot of Fortune and from its ruler'' - https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

youser

I have recently settled the matter of my Ascendant and my chart ruler.
I have had problems with finding out my exact time of birth and at some point I settled for Scorpio even though it made little sense. I took the hour marked on my birth certificate. It was wrong.
Before I recently consulted a professional astrologer, I had sent her a list of important events, character traits... and she too thought that my ascendant was in fact Sagittarius (I write and teach, live abroad, speak several languages...). It also changed the position of several planets. E.g. my Uranus is now in the 11th and not 12th - I have never been anxious and neurotic ;) My Jupiter in Gemini is in my 7th house now (I'm married to a foreigner Gemini/Sagittarius).
So... yes it can happen.

I've also learned that some astrologers will not accept clients who don't know at all when they were born, but will, however accept clients who know approximately, which allows them to test only 3 to 4 signs. More than that and it gets too complicated.

I've been trying to help out a friend who doesn't know his time of birth and it is (almost) impossible to be sure.

Problem is that I don't know any astrologers at all so it's kind of hard to find someone who can do retification. Good thing is that I have any time written at all so it's good place to start. Maybe I should just go with what feels right for now.

@JUPITER ASC

Sorry but I'm new to astrology so I find this "formula" quite complicated. xD

CapAquaPis

I find the best ascendant or rising sign of anyone is Libra - this includes anyone born on noon-time ASC June 24/25-Aug 5/6 (most Cancers and some Leos sun-wise), they'll exhibit themselves as open, friendly and attractive people to look good to others. I would know a person's sun and moon sign, but to figure out ASC sign by looking at the noon-time method...it's easier to know that person.

youser

I be degree symbols work as well especially if you are looking for the exact time - degree of birth.

Hmm don't know anything about degree symbols.. xd

Are there any people that do these retifications on this forum? I have time of birth but it may not be so accurate. Thanks in advance. :D

square

same here, i had to tweak my birth time a little in order to get my ascendant right. the other option just didnt fit me at all. :sideways: