Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Unread 01-16-2022, 03:02 PM

Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoEclipse View Post
There's no bad or good; morality as an objective concept is an human construct, since what's positive/right or negative/wrong for me it's very likely different for you. If you refer to it as "a chain to bound your will and coexist inside a society where such definition is limited to its name" then that's another topic.

Algol always brought influencing events, almost all of them were catastrophic. It was named "the demon star" and feared by ancient cultures, like Egyptians, for a valid reason. It can do the opposite, if it's placed with an aspect related to help, understanding and alike, but it's a suffering position for the fixed star itself.

Algol is conjunct my descendant. She can be good, bad and ugly.

Unread 01-16-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Algol is conjunct my descendant. She can be good, bad and ugly.
A single aspect is not really helpful to understand the nature of Algol in your chart; other planets gives important clues.

Algol on Sun/Descendant can mean many things, even a really bad death...like Gianni Versace; he had Algol on DC and got shot, in the head.

Obviously that's just one possibility, it doesn't mean that it happens to everyone, it depends on how your chart is sorted out.
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoEclipse For This Useful Post:
leomoon (01-17-2022)
Unread 01-16-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Bean View Post
That is not true, and is a justification for immoral behavior.

All the religions of the world have at their source a moral code of how relationships between human beings need to be.

Of course, if you cover your eyes, and then claim you cannot see it, then nothing can be done. There are none so blind as those who simply REFUSE TO OPEN THEIR EYES.
I don't believe in anything related to religions and alike, nor I care how relationships between humans "need" to be.

Any living being is a murderer, but I never met anyone who cries when an amoeba dies...why? It lives, it dies and yet humans believes that only their species is worth to cry for, some other species like dogs and cats too. Why a lion killing a prey is nature and right but anything else killing an human is bad and wrong? Both have reasons, then where's the difference? I see hypocrisy in what humans calls "morality" and I'm not willing to play that game.

I'm sincere, that's why I see reality without a black wall of smoke between my sight and objective facts that anyone can observe...if they desire, obviously.

I don't need someone else who tells me where I'm wrong when my actions are right for what I feel it needs to be done.

I'm not a slave, I'll never be.
Unread 01-16-2022, 05:31 PM

Smile Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
I don't believe in anything related to religions and alike, nor I care how relationships between humans "need" to be.

Any living being is a murderer, but I never met anyone who cries when an amoeba dies...why? It lives, it dies and yet humans believes that only their species is worth to cry for, some other species like dogs and cats too. Why a lion killing a prey is nature and right but anything else killing an human is bad and wrong? Both have reasons, then where's the difference? I see hypocrisy in what humans calls "morality" and I'm not willing to play that game.

I'm sincere, that's why I see reality without a black wall of smoke between my sight and objective facts that anyone can observe...if they desire, obviously.

I don't need someone else who tells me where I'm wrong when my actions are right for what I feel it needs to be done.

I'm not a slave, I'll never be.

Believe it, and/or not.
Unread 01-16-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Believe it, and/or not.
What I believe is ALWAYS an objective fact about a reality that anyone can see if they desire, soon or later. I'm not interested in subjective things, since they varies from individual to individual. Subjectivity is something with no value for me, not when objectivity is present.

I don't have hope in things that can't be real, but if I have proofs that such hope will lead to something real...then my hope is what leads me to fight over and over for what I desire.
Unread 01-16-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I think you forgot it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

The actual conjunction started around April 25th, during that time many events related to such war happened.
Algol is always in the same spot (obviously) and as the planets move around it something is almost always in some aspect to it, particularly if you give it as wide an orb as 3 degrees. I think we need something more specific to be able to make any statements about what it may or may not influence.

There is a war somewhere in the world every year, so if we wait long enough, your prediction will come true. So will many other things you didn't predict that are positive or neutral, so how do we connect what does happen first to the lunar nodes, which I've only personally interpreted in a person's natal or synastry charts, and then to fixed stars, in this case Algol, and its aspects to the nodes? How does the Iraq War relate to the mythology of Algol?
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
ROTFLMFAO! I love it when people support and exhibit my viewpoint. All concepts of efficacy of morality in human thought and human action have originated in religious thought down through the ages. This runs from The Sutras of Patanjali up to the present age.

There is also a psychological term for a personality with those characteristics. Martha Lang-Wescott also discusses it in her book, THE ASTROLOGY OF THE BRAIN(an out of print and very expensive book).

It also makes it much easier to know when to have a conversation with someone, and when such a conversation is clearly impossible. For example, my father had narcissist personality disorder. There was simply no way to get him to understand that his emotional abuse of his daughter was not helpful. He only cared about himself.
It's not my main goal to look for the acceptance of others. I follow myself and what I feel is right to do, no matter what others thinks of me.

If they can accept it, that's nice...but never my existence will lay on being appreciated by others; I desire freedom and that's what I have, while my actions are just a reflection of it. Cages aren't something I want to be in, because flying in the night sky is what makes me alive. It's what makes me...myself.

Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-16-2022 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You missed my point entirely. I’m not surprised.
No, I just find morality what makes humans one of the weakest species in the entire universe.

Nobody will give you a reward for being "good"...remember that, unless you consider soil a worthy gain. Do you ever wondered why humans are full of genetic malformations? Mentally and physically, humans have tons of problems caused by the choice of avoiding natural selection. If you save any individual and make it reproduce, no matter if diseased or not, such problems will carry on until the same genetic mutation happens again...and you know what happens when two recessive mutations meets? They become one active mutation, harmful or useful whatsoever. Since humans saves everyone, every single mutation will likely survive...and that destroys a species. There's a reason for why any other animal let the weaker or sick dies, but humans believes that keeping a malformation is worth it. Destroying a species...to save some individuals? I see it as the stupidest thing you can do.

That's just one of the many reasons I see morality as a dangerous illusion, something that on the long run destroys more than what it saves.

Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-16-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Yep... You continue to serve as an object to make my point. And you continue to miss the point entirely. I get a vision of a Source wringing its hands. Thanks so much.
The argument was about morality, I see it as a dangerous illusion as I explained. Anyway, do you really think that I care or even wondered about what's your point is, outside the main topic? I discuss about what is worth it, if you believe that I'm immoral or whatsoever then I can assure you: it's not my interest if you see my nature as evil.

Call me immoral if what I am is such for you; I love being myself, really...I do!
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
Algol is always in the same spot (obviously) and as the planets move around it something is almost always in some aspect to it, particularly if you give it as wide an orb as 3 degrees. I think we need something more specific to be able to make any statements about what it may or may not influence.

There is a war somewhere in the world every year, so if we wait long enough, your prediction will come true. So will many other things you didn't predict that are positive or neutral, so how do we connect what does happen first to the lunar nodes, which I've only personally interpreted in a person's natal or synastry charts, and then to fixed stars, in this case Algol, and its aspects to the nodes? How does the Iraq War relate to the mythology of Algol?
A single aspect during a transit is not enough for an event to show up, but the whole image and other aspects can easily be interpreted by someone who can understand them.

It's not just Algol, it's what other astrological objects are part of such event.

About the mythology; Algol means many things, but you need to look at them allegorically and not comparing the whole myth literally.
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:58 PM

Question Re: Algol during 2022

How does Algol relate to the abortion issue? It seemed settled since Roe/Wade, and now it's in flux again.
Unread 01-16-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Of course not! Thank you for continuing to support my position, if unwittingly. Moderation will remove all these comments soon.
I don't support those who still believe in such lies and I don't argue with those who won't hear anything I say.

There's much that humans don't know about...you're no exception, the fact that you believe what you just wrote is a proof of such.

Moderation will do what they believe is right, as I do.
Unread 01-16-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
How does Algol relate to the abortion issue? It seemed settled since Roe/Wade, and now it's in flux again.
I never heard about it, but it can be related to an abortion caused by violence, since Algol's main concept is such. It can be physical or mental, in both cases it makes sense.
Unread 01-16-2022, 07:33 PM

Friends,
This is just a suggestion, an offering.
How might it be if we discussed how Algol works in charts and refrained from discussion of religion, morality, ethics and who is right or wrong in those arenas?
That way an interesting and perhaps illuminating conversation can open up of for us all?

Unread 01-16-2022, 07:41 PM

Smile Re: Algol during 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Friends,
How might it be if we discussed how Algol works in charts and refrained from discussion of religion, morality, ethics and who is right or wrong in those arenas?
That way an interesting and perhaps illuminating conversation can open up of for us all?
Well, it's mundane also, and I'm wondering about the transits relative to Algol, rather than in specific natal-charts.
Unread 01-16-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Friends,
That's what I wanted to do since 2-3 posts, actually. I hate to repeat myself over and over.

Algol is interesting because it can mean both doing OR receive its effects, which ranges from an extreme and evident sexuality with hysterical tendencies and strong passions, to a violent death or murder, violence and catastrophes. It's strongly connected to the head, thus it can lead to traumas there, like insanity (mentally) or death from beheading, shotgun and alike (physically).

Based on what kind of aspects it creates with other objects it shows such concepts towards others or yourself; with Neptune it can be a strong indicator of madness, a brutal one, just to make an example.

Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-16-2022 at 08:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoEclipse For This Useful Post:
IleneK (01-16-2022)
Unread 01-16-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Friends,
Quote:
Well, it's mundane also, and I'm wondering about the transits relative to Algol, rather than in specific natal-charts.

All good. There was no suggestion of restricting areas of astrology to discuss.

Unread 01-16-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
A single aspect is not really helpful to understand the nature of Algol in your chart; other planets gives important clues.

Algol on Sun/Descendant can mean many things, even a really bad death...like Gianni Versace; he had Algol on DC and got shot, in the head.

Obviously that's just one possibility, it doesn't mean that it happens to everyone, it depends on how your chart is sorted out.
I never said how any aspect in particular worked. Obviously you are drawing from what you feel, because I havenít made any conclusions, only pointed out that there is more to any asteroid or fixed star or planet than the generic evil that you would prefer it to represent.

I only stated that that is one of the aspects that I have to it, and that there can be different conclusions drawn.
Unread 01-16-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
It's not my main goal to look for the acceptance of others. I follow myself and what I feel is right to do, no matter what others thinks of me.

If they can accept it, that's nice...but never my existence will lay on being appreciated by others; I desire freedom and that's what I have, while my actions are just a reflection of it. Cages aren't something I want to be in, because flying in the night sky is what makes me alive. It's what makes me...myself.
Hahaha, you are the one that is stating that we should adhere to your scope of reality.

You have your freedom to believe whatever you wish. So do we. I base my beliefs on myths from around the world on any entity and the books that I have, and some of the websites available, but I find books more interesting.

Donít take our freedoms to discern or believe for ourselves. We are comfortable with your choices based on your amassed reading experiences.
Unread 01-16-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
No, I just find morality what makes humans one of the weakest species in the entire universe.

Nobody will give you a reward for being "good"...remember that, unless you consider soil a worthy gain. Do you ever wondered why humans are full of genetic malformations? Mentally and physically, humans have tons of problems caused by the choice of avoiding natural selection. If you save any individual and make it reproduce, no matter if diseased or not, such problems will carry on until the same genetic mutation happens again...and you know what happens when two recessive mutations meets? They become one active mutation, harmful or useful whatsoever. Since humans saves everyone, every single mutation will likely survive...and that destroys a species. There's a reason for why any other animal let the weaker or sick dies, but humans believes that keeping a malformation is worth it. Destroying a species...to save some individuals? I see it as the stupidest thing you can do.

That's just one of the many reasons I see morality as a dangerous illusion, something that on the long run destroys more than what it saves.
There is no rewards guarantee. Being moral or good offers nothing to anyone for the endeavour, it is personal to each person.
Unread 01-16-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I never said how any aspect in particular worked. Obviously you are drawing from what you feel, because I haven’t made any conclusions, only pointed out that there is more to any asteroid or fixed star or planet than the generic evil that you would prefer it to represent.

I only stated that that is one of the aspects that I have to it, and that there can be different conclusions drawn.
Well...for what I saw in the majority of cases Algol shows such concepts in its aspects with other astrological objects, you can interpret it differently from what I associate it with, obviously. When I wrote the previous post it was more about telling you my ideas, but how it affects you...that's something only you can understand.

About the single aspect: it's obvious that more aspects makes a bigger picture more evident, but that just means how looking into the whole thing helps to understand it better. Nothing more.

Quote:
Hahaha, you are the one that is stating that we should adhere to your scope of reality.

You have your freedom to believe whatever you wish. So do we. I base my beliefs on myths from around the world on any entity and the books that I have, and some of the websites available, but I find books more interesting.

Don’t take our freedoms to discern or believe for ourselves. We are comfortable with your choices based on your amassed reading experiences.
I never said that you should believe what I think is right for myself, yet I'm sincere and when I don't share an idea I'll make you know. That doesn't mean you can't believe what you desire, but I express what I want regardless of your beliefs.

Quote:
There is no rewards guarantee. Being moral or good offers nothing to anyone for the endeavour, it is personal to each person.
Some individuals expects rewards from being good, no matter what...they feel entitled just for acting that way. It depends on their beliefs.

Last edited by psychoEclipse; 01-16-2022 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:58 AM

Well, it was an interesting subject.
Unread 01-17-2022, 02:58 PM

Love this.

For every night, there is a day.

For every ying, there is a yang.

Algol CAN be horrific but CAN be extremely creative, abundant & positive.

Many prominent artists or 'bohemians' have a tight Algol conjunction to an important planet. Frida Kahlo has Moon conjunct Algol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovBird View Post
Hello

I was reviewing charts and realized that every chart that dealt with charity/compassion had algol prominently placed. I am convinced this star also has positive sides to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
passiflora (01-17-2022)
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:07 PM

Very good example of the 'demon' aspect of Algol working with the Nodes.

The war started in March 2003 with LIES from the USA about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. It was all a pretext to grab the oil in Iraq without paying for it & having US control a large part of the Middle East.

They illegal killed the leader of Iraq, Saddam Hussein & reduced the
country to rubble.

Thousands died because of war crimes perpetrated by the US Military & their allies. Both George Bush & Tony Blair are considered WAR CRIMINALS by the Hague & should both be arrested & executed.

ALGOL at its worst in this time. Children were blown up & killed by the thousands by the US/UK & were considered ' collateral damage' by the demon nations who murdered them.

Quote:
I think you forgot it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

The actual conjunction started around April 25th, during that time many events related to such war happened.
Unread 01-17-2022, 03:17 PM

I appreciate the thread psychoEclipse.

Good comments.

Tags
2022, algol, catastrophe, chaos, prediction