Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 04-15-2016, 08:34 AM

Chart interpretation: who am I?

Hi!
So I have never had an astrology reading before, and I wonder what some of you would have to say about my natal chart? I have difficulty understanding myself by looking at it, as I find it quite confusing... I notice that a lot of my planets are retrograde, and that I have some intercepted signs. Not certain how this would act out in my life and personality.

I am also a very sensitive person, and I cannot quite figure out any aspects of my chart which can explain why this is..

All thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MarNatal.JPG (95.1 KB, 34 views)

Unread 04-15-2016, 09:15 AM

Re: Chart interpretation: who am I?

Your Moon is conjunct/above your ascendant, your ascendant lord Jupiter is sextiling the moon as well. It's slowly expanding your emotions. There's your sensitivity.

On the other hand there's a push/pull between your emotions/what you need and your Ego/or that what you want or how you want to appear. That tug of war is indicated by the square between your Sun/Moon. With north node, Sun and Mercury in Virgo, the Sun will probably win most of the time. Also, they are all intercepted which means you will put extra effort in the quality of those planets later on in life.

As you've already seen, retrogrations. Your Ascendant lord too. Introverted but inclined to bloom later on. Saturn trines your Moon, so it's essential you get in touch with your emotions to get there. Saturn is quincunx/inconjunct your Sun. In other words: Your moon is getting the support of Saturn. So the key for you is to learn and express your emotions and by doing so, you'll know yourself. This might take awhile though, NN conjunct the Sun brings all kinds of distraction.

Advise: Don't try or pretend to be something you're not. I'm not saying you're doing this, but if you would choose to do so, people will look right through it.

Last edited by Jadi; 04-15-2016 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jadi For This Useful Post:
Mar (04-15-2016)
Unread 04-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadi View Post
There's a push-pull between your emotions/what you need and your Ego/or that what you want or how you want to appear. This might be very noticeable in how you come across due to your Moon conjunct your ascendant, this is also the foremost reason why you are sensitive. That tug of war is indicated by the square between your Sun/Moon. With north node, Sun and Mercury in Virgo, the Sun will probably win most of the time. Also, they are all intercepted which means you will put extra effort in the quality of those planets later on in life.

As you've already seen, retrogrations. Your Ascendant lord too. Introverted but inclined to bloom later on. Saturn trines your Moon, so it's essential you get in touch with your emotions to get there. Saturn is quincunx/inconjunct your Sun. In other words: Your moon is getting the support of Saturn. So the key for you is to learn and express your emotions and by doing so, you'll know yourself. This might take awhile though, NN conjunct the Sun brings all kinds of distraction.

Advise: Don't try or pretend to be something you're not. I'm not saying you're doing this, but if you would choose to do so, people will look right through it.
Thank you very much for your response and advice! I do recognize myself in what you are saying
Unread 04-15-2016, 11:37 AM

I've edited some things Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unread 04-15-2016, 05:13 PM

I will try to address your questions, and will start with your query: are there any natal chart placements which might account for your sensitive nature.

BTW, when a person is born in the northern latitudes like yourself, you will see the dramatic house sizes and interceptions. Some traditional astrologers may dismiss this, but in my work, it is significant. In karmic astrology, we believe the time and place of birth is carefully chosen to reflect who we are and what we hope to accomplish in this life.

The expanded houses with complex sign energy are the areas of life that are important, the smaller houses are not as relevant. You can see that in this life, the areas represented by 2/8 and 1/7 houses are important to you. Intercepted signs indicate a very focused concentration of energy in those areas of your life

HSPs (Highly Sensitive People) are thought to make up about 20% of the population. Pioneering research on this topic was done by psychologist Dr. Elaine Aron. A brief questionnaire loosely based on her work is included at the end of this message.

So what in the natal chart might indicate sensitivity?

In looking at the astrological literature there seems to be a consensus as to natal chart sensitivity makers: Water signs and Libra, the Moon, Neptune, Venus, 4/8/12 houses. I am going to add the nodes to this list. (Please note that I am just looking at sensitivity in the natal chart. I think empathy/intuitive/psychic abilities are related but separate issue.)

In your chart you have:

Mars, Chiron and MC in Scorpio.

South Node is in Pisces located in the 2h, which is the house of resources. So the positive Pisces traits, including sensitivity, can be used as a asset in this life.

Moon ASC and in 12h.

Venus in Libra

Neptune in the 1h, sensitive from birth.

Neptune contacts to Chiron in Scorpio, Venus in Libra, SN in Pisces.

Two of your four large houses contain water signs, Pisces and Cancer.

Two of the three water signs are intercepted, very focused energy.

I’ve probably missed something but that hits the high spots.

Hope this helps….

Julia

This is a general HSP questionnaire loosely based upon HSP.
For the copyrighted formal diagnostic scale see:
http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

Are you easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?
Do you get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
Do you make a point of avoiding violent movies and TV shows?
Do you need to withdraw during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
Do you make it a high priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations?
Do you notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
When you were a child, did your parents or teachers see you as sensitive or shy?

Last edited by Julia Karmic Astrology; 04-15-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Unread 04-15-2016, 10:34 PM

What do you mean by sensitive? Easily hurt? Easily influenced by the environment you're in?
Unread 04-15-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
I will try to address your questions, and will start with your query: are there any natal chart placements which might account for your sensitive nature.

BTW, when a person is born in the northern latitudes like yourself, you will see the dramatic house sizes and interceptions. Some traditional astrologers may dismiss this, but in my work, it is significant. In karmic astrology, we believe the time and place of birth is carefully chosen to reflect who we are and what we hope to accomplish in this life.

The expanded houses with complex sign energy are the areas of life that are important, the smaller houses are not as relevant. You can see that in this life, the areas represented by 2/8 and 1/7 houses are important to you. Intercepted signs indicate a very focused concentration of energy in those areas of your life

HSPs (Highly Sensitive People) are thought to make up about 20% of the population. Pioneering research on this topic was done by psychologist Dr. Elaine Aron. A brief questionnaire loosely based on her work is included at the end of this message.

So what in the natal chart might indicate sensitivity?

In looking at the astrological literature there seems to be a consensus as to natal chart sensitivity makers: Water signs and Libra, the Moon, Neptune, Venus, 4/8/12 houses. I am going to add the nodes to this list. (Please note that I am just looking at sensitivity in the natal chart. I think empathy/intuitive/psychic abilities are related but separate issue.)

In your chart you have:

Mars, Chiron and MC in Scorpio.

South Node is in Pisces located in the 2h, which is the house of resources. So the positive Pisces traits, including sensitivity, can be used as a asset in this life.

Moon ASC and in 12h.

Venus in Libra

Neptune in the 1h, sensitive from birth.

Neptune contacts to Chiron in Scorpio, Venus in Libra, SN in Pisces.

Two of your four large houses contain water signs, Pisces and Cancer.

Two of the three water signs are intercepted, very focused energy.

I’ve probably missed something but that hits the high spots.

Hope this helps….

Julia

This is a general HSP questionnaire loosely based upon HSP.
For the copyrighted formal diagnostic scale see:
http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

Are you easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?
Do you get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
Do you make a point of avoiding violent movies and TV shows?
Do you need to withdraw during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
Do you make it a high priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations?
Do you notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
When you were a child, did your parents or teachers see you as sensitive or shy?
Thank you for pointing out these aspects! Seems like there were more than I was aware of. And as for the highly sensitive questionarie I have taken it sometime before, which confirmed that I definitely am a HSP. Truly appreciate your response
The Following User Says Thank You to Mar For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (04-15-2016)
Unread 04-15-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
What do you mean by sensitive? Easily hurt? Easily influenced by the environment you're in?
Sensitive as in easily influenced by the environment around me I subconsiously take in other's feelings
Unread 04-15-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Sensitive as in easily influenced by the environment around me I subconsiously take in other's feelings
Okay. Pluto conjunct Moon on the ASC would certainly do that, as well as Sun and Mercury in the 8th house and Venus square Neptune in the 1st.

How is it over there in Norway (assuming you're still there)?
Unread 04-17-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
Okay. Pluto conjunct Moon on the ASC would certainly do that, as well as Sun and Mercury in the 8th house and Venus square Neptune in the 1st.

How is it over there in Norway (assuming you're still there)?
Thank you very much!
It is great here in Norway! Feel a bit out of place in the society, but truly appreciate all the options I have here, and definitely the nature! I might move to Finland by the summer tho..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mar For This Useful Post:
sibylline (04-17-2016)

Tags
chart, interpretation