Projection

projection-tv-front-projection.jpg

This is not a word to be thrown about clumsily. However, with astrology psychology there is a lot of talk of this phenomena. We project bits and pieces of our own natal chart. All our birth chart and it's conflicts belong to us but they do appear "outside" of us in events, people, conversations, astrology boards, and any place you can think of.

I was going to quote something from Carol Riushman's "Predictive Astrology" but there seems to have been a robbery at my house, it has vanished. Maybe it's a Neptune projection. A part in the book was talking a woman with a natal Mars-Pluto getting together with a man who has never hit a woman before in his life. However, in relationship with this woman he finds himself abusive towards her, etc. How do you all feel about projection in this sense. I have another quote I need to find on this subject, add your thoughts to "projection in astrology".

I have a question, are all the houses up for projection. I have read the 7th house is most prone to rejection but this seems a far too simplistic way to look at the natal chart. In general, it could be true. I was reading through 7th house readings for planets by Charles Carter: "The Principles of Astrology".

Sun - A proud firm minded partner, with much personality.

Jupiter - Prosperity is likely to come through marriage, but it is not always found that this position favours happiness. There is often death and a second marriage.

Neptune - Danger of deception, instability, or in a map of an advanced kind, there may be a platonic union, or one arising from a form of idealism. Often causes marriage to a cripple or a person in some way deformed or injured.

In terms of projection how do you view 7th house planets and these types of interpretation?

multiple

Account Closed
I would say I project a lot.
i've been wondering a lot about my 7th. I attract a lot of fire type women,possibly also something to do with a leo moon. I have sag on the 7th house cusp with neptune in that house too .I can be a bit of an idealist in terms of a partnership, I guess I have been a bit of a romantic in the past and I put out this idea of idealistic perfection and a happy ,almost blissful union. thats usually the reason i'm disappointed so often since I have my head in the clouds! its been difficult for me to break this habit and for me to stop putting people on pedestals.many times i've been drawn to people who can never meet up to these expectations ,I have this saviour thing going on where I think I can make people better themselves and the partnership,seeing the best in people even when people don't want to improve conditions.
when things inevitably don't turn out the way i envisaged them and anything i say has no effect i'll become moody and at odds with the other person,having a leo moon means its pretty difficult accepting anything short of what you expected which makes for a very uncomfortable situation.I think I project my anger and moods outwards into the environment as when i'm in a rotten mood people will pick up on it if they havent even spoken to me. I have so much neptune that I have a difficult time accepting the reality of what some people are like.plus with mars square sun ,ascendant and venus I can sometimes be pretty quick to anger.:sad: i've never been violent though.

someone else talked to me about a similar problem with projection who was also a gemini sun with personal planets contacting neptune. i'm thinking it could have something to do with neptune or pluto with projecting the thoughts or moods onto others?

both are afflicted in my chart.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9610&stc=1&d=1270319336

Last edited:
I have three planets in the 7th house (Sun, Moon, Mercury) all in Pisces. Perhaps you project a lot onto a partner and naturally no human being can live up to those expectations. Confusion can enter relationships, and you become addicted to finding the perfect mate. Here is what Liz Greene says about Neptune in 7th:

Neptune in the 7th is not doomed to disappointing relationships, nor condemned by "KARMA" to relinquish them altogether. But the individual may evidence a marked reluctance to face issues involved. The difficulties caused by a 7th house Saturn, Uranus, Pluto or Chiron may also begin with projection; every planet in the 7th house usually does. But once it becomes apparent that a pattern is at work, the individual is usually willing to explore what is really going on. Not so with Neptune, which can not bear too bright a light.
Your Neptune is powerful because it is conjunct the Dsc. It aspects 4 planets and is involved in a mutable t-square. I have a powerful Neptune and it has come through Mother (Moon). I have a powerful imagination with the Moon and Neptune on Mercury in Pisces. Neptune is the trickiest planet in astrology to figure out. You never know how it is working in an individual chart.

[deleted too long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

multiple

Account Closed
I have three planets in the 7th house (Sun, Moon, Mercury) all in Pisces. Perhaps you project a lot onto a partner and naturally no human being can live up to those expectations. Confusion can enter relationships, and you become addicted to finding the perfect mate. Here is what Liz Greene says about Neptune in 7th:

Your Neptune is powerful because it is conjunct the Dsc. It aspects 4 planets and is involved in a mutable t-square. I have a powerful Neptune and it has come through Mother (Moon). I have a powerful imagination with the Moon and Neptune on Mercury in Pisces. Neptune is the trickiest planet in astrology to figure out. You never know how it is working in an individual chart.

yea,very true its been impossible for people to live up to certain expectations, yet i've always had this dream idea of a person and a situation,then I try and change the people or things I was involved in.I used to think I could change people but then I realised that people can't change others.

thanks for posting that quote :)
I have only managed to find a little info about the placement and have had trouble interpreting my 7th I find it difficult seeing how other perceive me sometimes,it can be confusing and especially if I am wrapped up in a mood I can loose all understanding on how i'm coming across to others.frustrating really as people are rarely frank with me for fear of offending my sensitivities.

I am very concerned about how I come across to others and how i'm perceived ,perhaps even paranoid. that could be venus in my first conjunction sun & ascendant.

Last edited:
The interpretation was from "Neptune and the Quest for Redemption", it's quite a big book, and has Neptune house aspects and placements. I have two copies, one book was sent by mistake. I have a spare copy if the other ever gets damaged. If you lived next door, I would let you borrow it :biggrin:.

The Neptune
house placements on the web are short and sweet or to use the pun "vague". I haven't really done much web searching for planets and aspects. I will have a search now and see what I find for you. I might end up posting something you have already read.

Google books is a great help and often a good place for research. Try these
Mutiple :wink:.

Excessive Idealisation of Partner

Meaningful Mergers
I wasn't a big fan of these interpretations. However, you might like it.
Too Forgiving in
Relationship​
A Vague Dissatisfaction
My Fave here, will read the rest of the book :biggrin:. Let me know, if you want, what reading you identified most with. :smile:

Last edited:
In the last book, it said that Neptune's are tea-drinkers, that is so me :biggrin:. I read the book further and some of that book appeared more negative and so may not be everybody's cup of tea.

Last edited:

multiple

Account Closed
I like tea too! I drink alot of it mainly in the winter to warm me up.I can't drink it at the moment though as I am trying to figure out if my liver has a problem with absorbing sugar. I used to love a cuppa with milk and sugar. I have problems with lactose too so I have to chose other milks that might not cause problems.

yea very vague! I remember i scoured the web back when i first started learning about astrology and had this feverish desire to find as much info on my chart as possible :biggrin: I put it all together and it made body of info but it was a bit all over the place when trying to read through since it was all different authors and opinions.

thanks for those links,i'll have a read tonight :)
good call on google books ,I keep forgetting there is a massive resource of text available there!:w00t:

I have sweeteners in my tea, watching my weight. I need to lose a stone or so and get back t my sexy self for the summer :biggrin:. Its going well and my old jeans will be back on soon. Computers and astrology are to blame for my snacking/tea drinking (projecting blame Lol). I like google books and have purchased a couple books after reading inside. I have to be careful with finances this year, my partner's stepping down as manager (stress and overwork is making him ill). I will probably have to get a real job come September for extra money. I was hoping my AdSense would pick up. In the beginning I had 1.77 an ad and now some are 15 pence or 6 pence. I mean how is a woman supposed to live :cool:. £7.00 a month is not going to support me, although you see the pennies add up after a while, like a little piggy bank.

I was like you with astrology in the beginning. Although I bombarded this board with my natal chart. I got some great readings too from all styles of astrologers. They are very kind on here and helpful. I have pasted all my chart reading together. You usually have to edit it quite a bit. Your right all those styles mashed up in one report reads kind of strange. :biggrin: Astrology the re-mix Lol.

Claire19

projection-tv-front-projection.jpg

This is not a word to be thrown about clumsily. However, with astrology psychology there is a lot of talk of this phenomena. We project bits and pieces of our own natal chart. All our birth chart and it's conflicts belong to us but they do appear "outside" of us in events, people, conversations, astrology boards, and any place you can think of.

I was going to quote something from Carol Riushman's "Predictive Astrology" but there seems to have been a robbery at my house, it has vanished. Maybe it's a Neptune projection. A part in the book was talking a woman with a natal Mars-Pluto getting together with a man who has never hit a woman before in his life. However, in relationship with this woman he finds himself abusive towards her, etc. How do you all feel about projection in this sense. I have another quote I need to find on this subject, add your thoughts to "projection in astrology".
It would depend on their individual synastry. I imagine you would find contacts there with the two of them. Somehow her behaviour provokes him and she draw in men who will abuse her. I imagine that he would not the first one she has experienced in this way. There is something she needs to learn here and he is acting it out for her. NOt that I am excusing the behaviour at all and if a man hit me, it would only be once. I would be gone. That may be my Mars sextile Pluto but I have never been subjected to violence although men have tried to co-erce me into sex.

Last edited:
Hi Claire,

Synastry would show a lot too and something in her chart indicates difficulty with her masculine side. Is it just the law of attraction perhaps? Is it possible "not to attract violence" if your chart does not signify it. Even if your chart showed a difficult Mars-Pluto aspect we have seen some of these women channel the energy and enter sports or other extremely competitive fields. Or, like Margaret Thatcher (Mars square Pluto) enter politics where she was a force to be reckoned with. The woman had to compete in a man's world (hats off to her). Not really popular though :biggrin:. Sometimes difficult transits can bring such events in your life.

I am not a big fan of "The Secret" for one reason it goes against the law of astrology. I think these two schools of thought are difficult to combine. Of course I undeniably believe in the "law of attraction", I wouldn't be into astrology if I didn't. However, I don't believe I can change my Saturn rising into a Jupiter rising by pure good thoughts. I can work with the energy of Saturn and bring better results in my life and crystallize my identity into better form.

I only read briefly into what was behind the book, but basically if you want wealth, click your heels three times and all your dreams come true. I believe in projection and the law of attraction, but only as it relates to the birth chart. I don't like people being fed lies. I am not against positive thinking, but people need to know their limitations and where they need to work hard in life. I wish we could all make a wish and it would come true. I am half-way with them on energy magnetism, etc. However, some charts are naturally more "positive thinking" than others and charts attract better relationships, finances, popularity and so on. If I do project an aspect it is my own energy coming to meet me. Astrologers work with the "law of attraction" everyday but not in the "secret" way. I could be alone with these thoughts.

Last edited:

flea

Shining,

Any part of the chart (the personality soul whatever) can be disowned, so I would expect projection to take part anywhere. Though sun and moon I would think are the major players as they are core parts of the self identity.

I wonder about squares to the lights as a place to look. Projection does happen in the principle relationship but can happen elsewhere too, as you mention objects, places, etc etc.

Very interesting question by the way

FleaXX

multiple

Account Closed
neptune ,the 12th house and pisces was a fascinating read. and it touched on something i had been pondering recently too, it mentioned the desire of equality in relationships.this is something i've always wanted in all relationships ,recently i thought about the subject and began to think maybe i need to somehow change my view on this and that its just an ideal, as much as ive wanted to strive for it. some relationships the female is more dominant and in others she is more submissive ,in some men make the decisons and in others they don't,in some one earns more money ,or one does more chores.its rarely equal 50/50 across the board. I have a difficult time being in charge of a situation or partnerships but at the same time i have difficulty letting someone else take control.
there was definatley a victim /saviour role setup in the last relationship and my help and effort was more taken for granted. I responded to it after the breakup by becoming cellibate for quite some time afterwards,that might sound extreme or difficult but its surprisingly easier than others may imagine as I have mars conjunction saturn in virgo! although i do think my venus in gemini does get a bit frustrated and fed up with it sometimes lol. as much as i tried with random one night stands and no strings attached i struggled to get any enjoyment from that and so cellebacy is often the option as I had difficulty approaching new relationships.

the last book was quite detailed,there was a lot to read through it started off with the text about neptune in the 7th but then i wondered if it was changing into another interpretation, the stuff it progressed into about sex was interesting too lol. it looked good even though i got confused! after reading the first bit i did feel a bit miserable ,maybe because i read it as doom and gloom, the bit where it mentioned neptune in the 7th individuals rarely find a perfect union did knock the wind out of my sails a bit but then thats probably just my reaction built up from these unreal expectations i still have.my view on marriage is unconventional I suppose, but I don't really have any big desire for an official marriage.i'm not religously inclined although i do believe in some form of spirituality, a part of me feels i am not enough of a christian to embrace getting married in a church but the whole thing of a big romantic chapel wedding does appeal to my neptunian nature. i also have no desire to become fully christian or religous.so in that respect i dont really like the idea of marriage but I do agree with the concept and having a bond and vows with a partner which lasts.its weird as i dont know if i can see myself getting married but i could see myself getting into a long term stable relationship,i'm not sure if the whole official marriage is something i'm scared of (maybe feeling trapped?).
I think there is a close link between my 7th and 11th houses as neptune in my chart rules the 11th so i think it also affects close friendships in my case.infact since i have so few relationships alot of these interpretations ring true for close friendships i've had.i've often become friends with people i wanted to help or educate again thats probably me wanting to change people and i have had to re-assess all my very close friendships in the last few years because of it.

apologies for taking over this thread and posting about me and my stuff.

Of course I undeniably believe in the "law of attraction", I wouldn't be into astrology if I didn't. However, I don't believe I can change my Saturn rising into a Jupiter rising by pure good thoughts. I can work with the energy of Saturn and bring better results in my life and crystallize my identity into better form.

I only read briefly into what was behind the book, but basically if you want wealth, click your heels three times and all your dreams come true. I believe in projection and the law of attraction, but only as it relates to the birth chart. I don't like people being fed lies
Why do you think this?? Do you think it's giving false hope to people?

The Law of Attraction and The Secret are basically the same thing, it's all about using your 'mind, imagination and visualisation' techniques and cos you have strong Neptune would have thought you would be quite good at it to. Affirmations, hypnotherapy are all ways to reprogram your subconscious mind to 'put in' suggestions, to create in your mind what it is you want from life. Think of an Architect, before he starts drawing, where does he create his creation?? It all starts with the mind ---Brain training, like Pavlov's dog -- every time he rang a bell the dog expected to be fed and salavor everywhere. If you repeat something often enough like affirmations, then 'believe it to be true' then your subconscious mind will 'act' on those beliefs and create in your reality what is already created (or festering) in your mind --

Oppositions are notorious for projecting one end onto others, but in my own chart moon opp Neptune I can't see it. Perhaps in my teenage wasn't to happy my mother didn't nurture me as much as I wanted or expected perhaps, so maybe things neptune overidealised what 'mother' should be and she fell short. But since then and now all grown up and wiser am pretty grounded, 4earth, 4fire - 4earth planets in water houses....

I have Uranus and Pluto in 7th and seem to attract strong plutonian authority type figures. second husband was policeman with scorpio moon (was dectective for 12years) Saggi sun, virgo Asc. Both partners wanted their freedom and independence (uranus) and acted in ways that would ensure they got it by being unfaithful. I don't see how I could project that onto a man and get them to be unfaithful cos my Uranus subconsciously wants more freedom myself though....

Last edited:

Claire19

I agree about oppositions being the prime indicator of projection.

Also the 7th house for instance is our projection of a partner or one that is the suitable hook. We all have an ideal in our minds, shaped from childhood and many other influences I imagine. I have Sun conjunct Descendant in Leo and Leo type men have been my major love interests and I love the tawny look with a mane of hair and a lithe walk.......it is of course just my male self projected outwards.....sometimes they had Leo rising or planets in Leo. Mars plays a part in sexual matters.

Men tend to project their Moon and its aspects onto women and who will give them the nurturance and what kind... Venus plays a part in love matters and partnerships.

Claire19

Shining,

Any part of the chart (the personality soul whatever) can be disowned, so I would expect projection to take part anywhere. Though sun and moon I would think are the major players as they are core parts of the self identity.

I wonder about squares to the lights as a place to look. Projection does happen in the principle relationship but can happen elsewhere too, as you mention objects, places, etc etc.

Very interesting question by the way

FleaXX

I think you are right especially about the squares and the lights. I have experienced the Moon square Pluto strongly and I have had to own my part in it all.