Finding New Paths & Vocational Strengths...

Hi people,

I was curious if there was anyone here who could take a peek at my chart? I do a fair bit of art and creative writing as a hobby, but never in the past had the confidence to consider it in a professional vein. Is there anything in here to make a worthwhile jump and pursue it or just retain it as a hobby only? I always thought my art might be odd that people wouldn't be interested in it, i.e. it tends to be surreal at times with strong themes of oceans, moons, solar systems, dream-like sequences, stars, pearl fishermen diving into planetary systems, (!!!) etc (don't know if my chart shows a strong leaning towards these themes?)

My writing, well, I'm currently doing a Creative Writing Degree - I thought I really liked writing stories in the 'novel' vein, until I found I like a lot of 'vocal speech' in my narrative, that I've now become aware I REALLY like screenplays. So, I'm in a bit of a quandary which to follow/study 'Novel Fiction' or 'Screenplay'.

I don't really understand the 'Harmonics Chart' interpretations but, I was told that the 5th and 7th Harmonics pertain to artistic talent and creativity. Is this true? If so, how are they interpreted? Apparently, not by planets placed in their perspective houses or their aspects? It sounds quite confusing! :)

I'd be interested if anyone could see anything else that might stick out of the chart, irrespective of positive or negative aspects - even my shortcomings have to be worked on :) !

Thanks very much in advance if anyone could interpret for me, its greatly appreciated :)

Oceanlabyrinth

Attachments

• ocean.jpg
    ocean.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Your art is great and I love the themes you have picked it's fantastic. I wish I had such talent :smile:. I would help you vocationally, but I fail with a big fat 'F' in this area. I hope someone else can offer advise on what to do. I have never understood harmonics myself. However, Venus in the 12th square Neptune has been linked to creativity and art. You do have a lot of big dreams, idealism and love of beauty (Venus-Jupiter-Neptune). Neptune is driving the t-square in the 4th house, so fantasy is a large part of your inner world. Do you lose clarity in your direction? Libra I think rules literature and Mercury-Pluto analysis and in depth/obsessive detail. You Are a Virgo rising too, ruled by Mercury.

Transiting Saturn-Uranus is pulling at your Mars. Learning how to be persistent (Saturn) with energy (Mars), and this is a transit when people become serious about achieving their personal goals. However, the use of the will and assertiveness can be under stress/serverly tested with frustrations. Try and use your energies constructively at this time. Transiting Pluto is square Mercury-Pluto. You might be dealing what is blocking you in your resources and from earning income with your talents, and the 5th house is creative power.

Here is a reading of the Nodes by Kevin burk:

"You may have a tendency to scatter your energy with many different professional interests and divide your time working with them all rather than choosing a single path. The trap is that you can bite off more than you can chew. You must seek truth inside yourself and connect to your spirituality."

Hopefully one of our vocational experts can help :smile:.

Last edited:

waybread

Ocean, I think you would do well at a career that uses both your hands and your communicative abilities; as Mercury rules these, and it is also your chart ruler, ruler of your sun's house and MC [career cusp] ruler.

This might be writing only, but do you paint, draw, photograph? Have you done any film-making? Animation?

Your Mercury is also conjunct Pluto, suggesting your need to think deeply and get to the bottom of things.

I wasn't able to read the fine print on your harmonic charts, but basically a conjunction in a harmonic chart shows that the planets involved have the aspect in question. A harmonic chart is basically a different way of showing aspects. For instance, the 4H chart is like the square plus opposition. Astrodienst gives most of these aspects in your basic radix chart, including the 5H (quintiles) but if you are interested in the 7H or 9H chart [i. e., septiles and noviles] then the harmonic chart is a great help. You do appear to have several septiles. You can do these charts individually at a larger scale on the free charts page: just substitute the harmonic number you want for today's date.

The septile appears to give a creative insight of another dimension, and is supposedly common in charts of spiritual leaders and composers.

Venus square Neptune should confer artistic ability, but with the square, you might experience it as more stressful than easy-flowing. Your close Neptune sextile Mercury suggests that you have a vivid writer's imagination. I would think that your Saturn sextile your Virgo sun would make you highly self-disciplined, which is good for any career.

I don't dabble in harmonic charts either, but do have a little info for research purposes --
The Fifth Harmonic: The 5th harmonic chart indicates talent, if any. In the 5th harmonic chart, all of the quintiles and bi-quintiles come together as conjunctions, making them very easy to spot. The semi-quintiles and sesqua-quintiles become oppositions. Quintiles are one fifth of a circle (72 degrees) and they give talent and power, and show our ability to put things together (pattern recognition). It also has to do with creative play, the joy of making up games of finding patterns (like looking for "patterns" of cracks in the ceiling, or always stepping on cracks in the sidewalk, or always avoiding the cracks). People with strong 5th harmonics do things like that all the time.

Of course, taken to the extreme, this is a mental disorder, but those with a strong 5th harmonic usually manage to keep it under control, and then it becomes the basis for creative talent. You don't need a strong 5th harmonic to succeed as an artist, designer, scientist, or engineer, but it really helps.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/quintile-5th-harmonic.php
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quintile_biquintile.html

This aspect is considered somewhat similar to a semi-sextile (moderately beneficial), but effort is not needed to reap its benefits. Indicates talent and vaguely fortunate circumstances.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_aspect#Quintile

T Saturn is currently ocnj natal mars causing stop/go situations and frustrations. When your prog Asc now 3'21" conj n pluto 5'58" there should be some major transformations going on then. Prog moon conj prog merc in 3rd is firing up your emotions and wanting to right about them.

Your merc is challenged by Pluto, mars and saturn, which is good for structured studying and analytical ability. With moon conj MC and Saturn wide orb to MC suggests lots of restlessness and changes with career and Saturn delays. Also your Neptune is a 'singleton' ie: only planet in fire and the chart lacks this element, with fire/energy you could find it hard to find the impetus and ignition and energy to get started though...