Jupiter Talisman - optimal time?

Blaze

Account Closed
Hello. Earlier this year, at the behest of a friend, I was going to make a Jupiter Talisman. The planets looked well enough, but life saw this as a chance to send me some hell, so I missed my chance.

Now, however, I can have one made for me. But, I would need to charge it myself. Currently, Jupiter is still in Sag, so really strong, but...well....

uhId2mX.png

Jupiter is strong...ish, but that Mars doesn't look favorable at all.

Question is: Would this be a good date to charge it? Or is there another more optimal time?

Thanks for reading.

JUPITERASC

an interview with astrologer Christopher Warnock on the topic of astrology, magic, and the occult.
Christopher is one of the leading practitioners of astrological magic in the world today :smile:
and he is well known for his work with talismans
publishing translations of magical texts such as the Picatrix
and promoting the practice of traditional astrology.

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2014/03/16/christopher-warnock-astrology-magic/
Hello. Earlier this year, at the behest of a friend, I was going to make a Jupiter Talisman.

The planets looked well enough, but life saw this as a chance to send me some hell, so
I missed my chance.
Now, however, I can have one made for me.

But, I would need to charge it myself.

Currently, Jupiter is still in Sag, so really strong, but...well....

uhId2mX.png

Question is: Would this be a good date to charge it? Or is there another more optimal time?

Thanks for reading.

Blaze

Account Closed
Thanks for the link, Mon Ami. When time is mine, I'll give the podcast a listen.

Still think that Mars is a big stop sign on the talisman making. Opposite my own Mars, square my Jupiter and Saturn, but trine my Mercury. Eh. Doesn't seem ideal.

If only Odds was around. Hope he's alright.

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the link, Mon Ami. When time is mine, I'll give the podcast a listen.

Still think that Mars is a big stop sign on the talisman making. Opposite my own Mars, square my Jupiter and Saturn, but trine my Mercury. Eh. Doesn't seem ideal.

If only Odds was around. Hope he's alright.
Too long since Odds posted - also dr. farr - all is transient including ourselves :smile:

JUPITERASC

Clifford Hartleigh Low's greatly expanded lecture "Magical Medicine"
at ConVocation 2019.
Since prehistoric times, magic has been used to heal the sick and revive the dying.
The historical line between enchantment and medicine is elusive at best.
A mind-boggling array of methods and theories have been employed throughout the ages.
Grimoires which banish the demons of disease, enchanted poultices, wound talismans
amulets and mojos, baths and potions
—all are based on the seductive premise that the spiritual can restore the corporeal.
In this class we will explore many of these systems :smile:
survey healing recipes, investigate eras when the doctor and witch doctor
were one and the same
and discuss methods which may be used as complementary medicines today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJUfxNcJij0

https://sorcerer.blog/category/astrology/

Blaze

Account Closed
This is a $600 Jupiter talisman with Mars in Pisces and Venus in Scorpio and Saturn square Moon and Mars.

https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/arabicjupitergoldplatedtalisman.html

Isn't there electional software that would allow you to play around?

Thank you for the suggestion and the link, Passiflora.

The main problem with that talisman, besides Saturn being quite powerful, is that Venus. In Scorpio, which isn't as bad as Virgo in general, but for me it falls in my 7th - open enemies while squaring my Moon. That'd probably bring me some issues I'd rather avoid.

As for the software: I need to do more research before before I can answer that. Unfortunately time evades my grasp. When able, I'll look.

Thanks again. If you know of any software, I'm all ears. Or rather, eyes on here.

Opal

Premium Member
Do you dowse Blaze? The Cosmos answers. I cleanse or clear mine in sea salt. If you don't own one, which would surprise me, a ring on a string will work, preferably silk or cotton strand.

sworm09

Hello. Earlier this year, at the behest of a friend, I was going to make a Jupiter Talisman. The planets looked well enough, but life saw this as a chance to send me some hell, so I missed my chance.

Now, however, I can have one made for me. But, I would need to charge it myself. Currently, Jupiter is still in Sag, so really strong, but...well....

uhId2mX.png

Thanks for reading.

Astrological Magic is my main spiritual practice, so it pleases me to see someone post something about it on this forum. So good to see this stuff spread! :)

The Picatrix is THE source for stuff like this. You want to have the target planet in an angle, unafflicted, and in their own dignities. You want the Moon in good shape too; not applying to malefics, not in Scorpio or Capricorn, not with the Nodes, not conjunct or opposite the Sun, and not in the Via Combusta. Some people say it's also good to have the Moon applying to the target planet, and I tend to agree. I also consider Whole Sign aspects out of paranoia. Planetary Days and Hours matter as well. For Jupiter I'd go with a Thursday.

Your focus should be on getting your target planet as strong as you can get it, and protecting the Moon. This is like reverse Horary, so you need to focus on the relevant factors. Don't start focusing on everything.

In your chart you have Scorpio rising, ruled by Mars in Libra. Not good. Waiting until Sagittarius was rising would have been ideal as it would have put Jupiter in the 1st house, angular, ruling the 1st house and being generally very positive and full of all of that lush Jupiter goodness. Mars is applying to a sextile with Jupiter, which isn't exactly a deal breaker IMO. I'd be much more worried about a square or opposition. Plus Mars is the Asc ruler, in bad shape applying to a positive Jupiter. You see a bit of a narrative here.

You have the Moon in Pisces in a Whole Sign reception with Jupiter. That's nice. The Moon is Waxing, which is good for talismans. Her next aspect is to Mercury who is retrograde and combust, but angular. This is called "Returning". Basically the Moon wants to do something (in your case make a good talisman) and passes it off to Mercury, but Mercury is retrograde and hurt by being too close to the Sun, so he passes it back to the Moon, a little beat up too. However since Mercury is angular and the Moon is succeedent, things can still move forward.

So it's not the BEST chart for a talisman. I would probably avoid it to be honest. A talisman is nothing but locking in the nature the time to an object. In your case you'd be locking in the nature of Mars in Libra in detriment, out of sect, applying to Jupiter. That's a rocky, unstable situation that becomes something decent....or at least acceptable. The Moon is saying the same thing; trying to move forward with something, it not going that well, but coming out on the other side with something at least passable. That's not something I'd want to lock into an object and carry around with me. This isn't an absolutely terrible electional chart, but I'd be wary of using it for a talisman.

Here's how I'd put it without all of the astrological lingo. Have you ever had one of THOSE mornings? You know when you wake up and things just don't seem to go right. You stub your toe getting out of bed, your car won't start, and you're late to work, and you're sure that today is just going to suck. But later on in the day everything just seems to go smoothly. The day is kind of salvaged, but your joy is brought down a little by how rocky of a start it was. THAT is the kind of situation this chart seems to describe. THAT is the kind of energy you'd be putting into a talisman.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Astrological Magic is my main spiritual practice, so it pleases me to see someone post something about it on this forum. So good to see this stuff spread! :)

The Picatrix is THE source for stuff like this. You want to have the target planet in an angle, unafflicted, and in their own dignities. You want the Moon in good shape too; not applying to malefics, not in Scorpio or Capricorn, not with the Nodes, not conjunct or opposite the Sun, and not in the Via Combusta. Some people say it's also good to have the Moon applying to the target planet, and I tend to agree. I also consider Whole Sign aspects out of paranoia. Planetary Days and Hours matter as well. For Jupiter I'd go with a Thursday.

Your focus should be on getting your target planet as strong as you can get it, and protecting the Moon. This is like reverse Horary, so you need to focus on the relevant factors. Don't start focusing on everything.

In your chart you have Scorpio rising, ruled by Mars in Libra. Not good. Waiting until Sagittarius was rising would have been ideal as it would have put Jupiter in the 1st house, angular, ruling the 1st house and being generally very positive and full of all of that lush Jupiter goodness. Mars is applying to a sextile with Jupiter, which isn't exactly a deal breaker IMO. I'd be much more worried about a square or opposition. Plus Mars is the Asc ruler, in bad shape applying to a positive Jupiter. You see a bit of a narrative here.

You have the Moon in Pisces in a Whole Sign reception with Jupiter. That's nice. The Moon is Waxing, which is good for talismans. Her next aspect is to Mercury who is retrograde and combust, but angular. This is called "Returning". Basically the Moon wants to do something (in your case make a good talisman) and passes it off to Mercury, but Mercury is retrograde and hurt by being too close to the Sun, so he passes it back to the Moon, a little beat up too. However since Mercury is angular and the Moon is succeedent, things can still move forward.

So it's not the BEST chart for a talisman. I would probably avoid it to be honest. A talisman is nothing but locking in the nature the time to an object. In your case you'd be locking in the nature of Mars in Libra in detriment, out of sect, applying to Jupiter. That's a rocky, unstable situation that becomes something decent....or at least acceptable. The Moon is saying the same thing; trying to move forward with something, it not going that well, but coming out on the other side with something at least passable. That's not something I'd want to lock into an object and carry around with me. This isn't an absolutely terrible electional chart, but I'd be wary of using it for a talisman.

Here's how I'd put it without all of the astrological lingo. Have you ever had one of THOSE mornings? You know when you wake up and things just don't seem to go right. You stub your toe getting out of bed, your car won't start, and you're late to work, and you're sure that today is just going to suck. But later on in the day everything just seems to go smoothly. The day is kind of salvaged, but your joy is brought down a little by how rocky of a start it was. THAT is the kind of situation this chart seems to describe. THAT is the kind of energy you'd be putting into a talisman.

The Relationship Between Astrology and Magic :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyVPMDD1I5E

The premise behind the podcast discussion
is that there has been a dramatic rise in the practice of astrological magic
over the past couple of years, especially
among the younger generations of astrologers.
Austin has become one of the principal proponents of astrological magic in modern times.
Austin and his work with astrological magic visit: https://austincoppock.com

JUPITERASC

An interview with Christopher Warnock

about a 10th century text on astrological magic
known as the Picatrix.
This is a sweeping two and a half hour discussion
where we talk about the history and origins of the text,
as well as its contents.
We also get into a lot of specific details
surrounding the practice of astrological magic.
Christopher was involved in publishing one of the first modern translations of the text :smile:
in 2009 with John Michael Greer:
The Picatrix: A Grimoire of Astrological Magic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkTjOonTMpM