Pisces and drugs

Caro

A stereotype is what it is. I really dont like stereotypes that is why Im interested in astrology as its not just the sun sign. I have strong neptune (1st house) and lots of pisces in 5th house. but I have never done drugs.

Im very receptive to others energies particularly there feelings.

but I really think that 'all pisces are drug taking ' etc type statements are pointless. its just not true. I currently work with two piscean suns who lead large programmes of work. I notice that relations with others are not easy for them but they are great at their jobs.

just wanted to counter your opinion. :sideways:

Im an aqua sun

Self-medication is a funny term to describe it :lol:, but being on earth you have to take "something" to escape it. I prefer the music routes and daydreaming, imaginative realms. I am a strong Piscean (3 planets) 2 Neptune squares. The individual character isn't always too strong. Neptunians fall into drugs easily and they are not robust people, and tend to go with the flow. Pisces and Neptunians are said to have weaker will power and weakened body, so it can be detrimental.

I will have to check the horoscope of my Auntie who died this week, she was an alcoholic, but she suffered voices in the head and declined mentally; she tried jumping out of windows etc. And family are saying she suffered Schizophrenia and there were attempts to get her committed. All I know at this point is that she was a Leo, but I don't want to ask for her birth-date outright. I have had transiting Jupiter conjunct Moon/Mercury in Pisces square Neptune. Jupiter-Neptune rules my 7th and 8th houses (interception). I am waiting for the post mortem and will try and get her details. Most of it reeks of Neptune, but you can never be sure. I need to find out what rules an 'auntie' in the natal chart. I have read Jupiter rules uncles so it might be the same for the female side.

I have noticed people suffering from drugs more under Neptune in transit, so not all signs escape from it. There can be periods where normally strong charts can fall under "Neptune" and lose reality for a while. :smile:. The lunar side of my family has had a bad history, which is represented by my own chart. My fathers side is funnily enough Saturnine in many ways, I get to live out both the solar and lunar drama :sad:.

Last edited:

Kerrie

Mmm I am a full on Pisces, Sun, Mars and Mercury with a lot of asteriods and even the South Node. Never took a bad drug in my life... I was going to say that all Pisceans are not self medicators, but thinking when I do experience pain, not mental pain, just physical pain I go for the painkillers, I have never had an addiction, but I am none to be a pill poper. I do feel like I want to medicate stress, lol, but I know the sterotype and stay away from it. I prefer to drink when I am happy and never go near alcohol if I am sad.

As Neptune is about to enter my 11th and about to conjunct Mars the ruler of my ascendant, I have wondered what effect this will have on me. I have thought about this some, I have had problems in concieving in the past, so maybe its got to do with taking fertility drugs, Neptune is the 11th could also mean adopting some children. We shall see.

HeyPlayGirl

i feel silly writing a response because you know much more about astro than me caprising :smile: but i will anyway

i think youre totally right on with your description of the neptune influence!! (hooch? hahaha thats a new one to me:wink:) anyway i have no planets in pisces but i have neptune exactly opp my moon &tightly square my sun and a few other sextiles and aside from making me a completely disillusioned dream chaser that can make a pile of **** look like a pile of gold in my mind, i also enjoy mind altering substances A LOT haha. maybe 5th house ruled by pisces has something to do with me having "fun" with drugs? dunno.
so i think neppy the ruler of pisces is the culprit and not planets in pisces...just my novice 2 cents!

dr. farr

A long time ago, before the outer planets were known and their qualities determined, medicinal substances affecting the mind (like getting high or "mind altering" effects, what we today would refer to as hallucinogens or entheogens) were known as "deleriants" or "deleriofascents"; of interest is that these substances were universally considered to be under the Moon's rulership in principal (narcotics were under Saturn,soothing agents under Venus, stimulants under Mars, "nervines"-medicines affecting the nervous system but not acting as soporific/narcotics or deleriants-were placed under Mercury), but whatever altered the mind, was given to the Moon...

piscesnurse

gosh i hate drugs i have a strong neptunian influcence( pisces sun mercury venus pt of fortune in the 12th) i am a nurse and i have never been into drugs or drinking etc i like to think of the positive side of pisces not dwell on neg of course i have a strong aries rising and aquarian moon as well but i was told once that pisces have one foot on earth and one in heaven
i like to say musicians artists do drugs is just to judgemental and general

Caro

Dr Farr - I think your comments are very interesting.- afflictions to the moon ......
I think pisces would be more susceptible to drugs - other signs virgo/gemini and say scorpio could mask it better. I picked the first two signs as drug taking is rife in the media. So maybe this is where this false analogy comes from. many pisces are allergice to medication particular from modern medicine. Im allergic to loads of stuff and havent drunk for about 9 years (No I was never an alcholic) just doesnt suit me..
Piscesnurse - I too have a friend who is a sun pisces and is a great nurse.
Cap rising I had a quick look at your chart and noticed that you now have transiting pluto in the 12th house - now that is interesting and you may want to start your seach there rather than with your progressed sun.:wink:

dr. farr

Charles Carter has some excellent discussions regarding Pisces in his old book, "The Zodiac and the Soul".

Last edited:

Caro

Cap rising
you have done a lot of thinking/research about this. current world economy does appear to be ego centred and selfish. can it be sustained. maybe pluto in cap will change this. already huge financial institutions have collapsed. uranus in aries and saturn in libra coming up - a fairer world order may be coming? more suddenly than we think. then pisces shifts to neptune as does chiron. so perhaps potential for great compassion and healing at the same time.......
sometimes the questions need to be what changes do we need to make to move towards a better place. as you sa y not as easy to do in practice.

Claire19

How many times have you seen the stereotypical Piscean looking musician/artist who's "on the drugs"? I've seen plenty (I used to hang out with that kind of crowd years ago), it's too obvious to ignore the fact that having too much "neptunian" influence can make one look for some kind of relief......from what? I would say from being "too receptive" to the people energy that serrounds them. They probably pick up on the average persons unconcious vibes, fear vibes, and have a smoke of hooch in order to calm down and tune out internally. Have you ever been in a large group of people and felt "very uncomfortable"? I have, and now that my progressed ascendant is at 29 degrees Aquarius, I can feel it moreso, I'm suggesting that the average john/jane doe lives in fear , but cant or wont acknowlege this, instead they put on their "public mask". Maybe "self medication" is a more non judging term than "escapism".....I'm just thinking aloud!:smile:

I agree that strongly Piscean people are very sensitive to the vibrations around them and need some sort of protection or escape. THey look for a faith often to give their life some sort of groundedness and drugs are often a way of tapping into their artistic side, they say......I have Pisces rising and I have to put a psychic shield around me very often and it works. I dont drink or take drugs and have Neptune in the 8th also.....I also think that addictions are very often genetic and alcoholism is a physical disease as well. THey dont always deal with the realities of life and want to live in a nirvana that is not possible on this planet without some sort of mind altering substances, I would suggest.

Nora2020

I AM a pisces and every thing being said is true, i get angry easily, i take alcohol and some weed to help me relex because i always have thoughts in my head and self pity, i am not too friendly, i AM a introvate people bore me with their fake lifestyles, i AM a dreamer i Also fall in love easily but then if you hurt me i will leave you immidiatly, i always want to be alone, to think about my future and goals.

CapAquaPis

Pisces ruled by Neptune signifies addiction, obsession and life schedules. Personally, I knew a couple who are both Pisces (wife-March 2, husband-Feb.22, same year-1963) and they hardly have personal time, due to their work and family errands. Sun Pisceans in astrology are more under the influence of Neptune than any other sign: To focus heavily on one thing or drift to an inner "dream" or "fantasy" world, something drug addiction and alcoholism is similar to, one's inability to handle life and self-medicate themselves to withdraw or escape from life difficulties. Moon and Mercury placements in Pisces (my natal Mercury is in Pisces close to my Sun/Moon conjunction in Aquarius), as well its ruler planet recently in Pisces, have somewhat a similar effect prone to develop mental and psychological issues, although I don't drink alcohol a lot nor does any illegal drugs. My Neptune in Sagittarius square Mercury in Pisces.

plutoniq

I have no planets or asteroids in Pisces as far as I know but I have 5th house Pisces, Moon Mercury and Mars in house 12, and Neptune square the three aforementioned planets plus my Sun in house 11 from house 3. I want to escape from never knowing what to do, feeling lost in a sea of other people's emotions and thoughts and expectations, and conformity, among other things. It's true in my opinion what I read on another site about Pisces, that Pisces would rather swim in someone else's current than their own... Well, that's partly true. I want to go with my own flow, I think, but I have no idea what that is. It just feels natural to really immerse myself in other people. When I smoke weed, which is rarely, I feel centered and amazing and focused and euphoric, but I usually end up feeling really paranoid afterwards so, yeah...it helps about as much as it hurts...

So now I'm reading articles about "How to Set Boundaries", because I literally don't know what it means to have boundaries, or what it feels like, but I can intuitively understand that several people in my life believe I need to set them, and if setting boundaries will help me define myself it's worth a shot. I feel like everything Neptune touches it turns it into a hazy, boundless something or other which has no clearly definable shape or purpose. That image is never clear so it always feels like there's an element of dishonesty involved, or inadequacy on my behalf, because I can't find the answers. I can't sneak up behind Neptune and surprise it and figure out all it's secrets. I can't outsmart it, or beat it senseless until it breaks. I don't know how to communicate with this thing. I don't even know if it knows I exist. Can it see me? Hear me? Can it sense my presence in any way or even partially as much as I can sense it?...That's what Neptune's influence feels like. Like I am desperately, hopelessly, obsessively trying to make contact with something out of this world for any kind of answer...A blip, a blink, anything....

Neptune feels like my mind turning to mush. Like a vortex has taken place where my brain should be. Neptune feels like a galaxy with lots of bright lights and even more dark space in between. What are those lights? Planets, comets, stars, asteroids? It feels like in the end, I may never really know...