Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup,
I'm not advertising, however i found the article below fascinating, and would prove correct if the 3 wise men arrived in Bethlehem on Epiphany, but the jewish day start would be at sunset on 5th January:-

https://stellarhousepublishing.com/star-east-three-kings/

Paran graph below:-

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Excellent link! Backs up many of JA's meme's!
Paran's, fixed stars, 3 wise men, trinity.

It is magical.

It is myth's being kept alive, in many cultures, and writings, through time to teach time.

The clock of the Ages

ssosh6aggdr21.jpg

jesusosiris.jpg

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned

Hi Monk,
This has been discussed multiple times in this thread. Here are a few thoughts that you can ponder:

The adversary was well aware of the prophecies in the Scriptures of the Jews concerning the virgin conception, and the power of the Christ, and that he will take our infirmities and bear our diseases, that he would wash his garments in the blood of the grape, so he tried to imitate them in the myths of false gods such as Perseus, and Hercules, and Asclepius, and Bacchus, and Mythras, and so on. But none of these gods, even if they were real, is able to fulfill all the requirements of the Jewish Messiah as Jesus of Nazareth has, and as can be verified by multiple eyewitnesses. I would remind you that the belief in a Messiah son of David is a wholly Jewish belief.

But, if you think that the virginal conception is a myth, because you have no faith and claim that it is impossible, then in that regard you are condemned in pleading against God, for the begetting of the first man, who is our common father, is even more miraculous than a virginal begetting, since Jesus as a man doesn't have a human father, but Adam doesn't have human parents.

Neither God nor Gabriel had sex with Mary. Maybe you are confusing the insemination account in the book of a 7th century false prophet with the account given by the apostles who were companions of Jesus' mother and family.

You should check the work of the apostate Bart Erhman concerning Dan Brown's book. He dismantles all its claims using historical facts as a non-Christian. He has also written a book against mythicists. So maybe Christians are not wrong all the time in the eyes of ''unbiased'' scholars.

The rock from which Mithras is born is an imitation of the prophecy of Daniel 2:34. Another interesting coincidence is it not? :smile:

The genealogy of Jesus Christ has historical basis and multiple eyewitnesses outside the gospel of Luke (at the very least the gospel of Matthew and the Talmud).
First, the Jews were meticulous record-keepers with regard to genealogies. To understand a Jewish genealogy, you have to be acquainted with the Torah where there are listed some exceptions to the patrilineal bloodline. Such exceptions occur with levirate marriage (Deuteronomy 25:5-10) and when a person has only daughers (Numb. 27:8). In the latter case the man will take the name of the father (Ezra 2:61, Neh. 7:63) i.e. Joseph of Heli according to the Law.
Second, Matthew records the bloodline of Joseph who intermarried within his tribe to continue the line of Heli who didn't have sons. The oral tradition among the Jews also held that the virgin Mary was daughter of Heli, although they slandered her with blasphemy and adultery.
Third, the prophets require that the body of the Messiah be begotten without human hands and to be a sign to the nation - Dan. 2:34, Jer. 31:22, Is. 7:14.
Fourth, the genealogy of Joseph in Matthew goes through Jeconiah to deter from the idea that Joseph is the father of Jesus outside of the only possible exception listed above (Luke 3:23).
Fifth, the Gospels of Matthew and Luke are proved to the assembly to be wholly inspired by the Holy Spirit. The word of God is not able to be broken.

Justin wrote well about this:
''Be well assured, then, Trypho, that I am established in the knowledge of and faith in the Scriptures by those counterfeits which he who is called the devil is said to have performed among the Greeks; just as some were wrought by the Magi in Egypt, and others by the false prophets in Elijah's days. For when they tell that Bacchus, son of Jupiter, was begotten by [Jupiter's] intercourse with Semele, and that he was the discoverer of the vine; and when they relate, that being torn in pieces, and having died, he rose again, and ascended to heaven; and when they introduce wine into his mysteries, do I not perceive that [the devil] has imitated the prophecy announced by the patriarch Jacob, and recorded by Moses? And when they tell that Hercules was strong, and travelled over all the world, and was begotten by Jove of Alcmene, and ascended to heaven when he died, do I not perceive that the Scripture which speaks of Christ, 'strong as a giant to run his race,' has been in like manner imitated? And when he [the devil] brings forward Æsculapius as the raiser of the dead and healer of all diseases, may I not say that in this matter likewise he has imitated the prophecies about Christ? But since I have not quoted to you such Scripture as tells that Christ will do these things, I must necessarily remind you of one such: from which you can understand, how that to those destitute of a knowledge of God, I mean the Gentiles, who, 'having eyes, saw not, and having a heart, understood not,' worshipping the images of wood, [how even to them] Scripture prophesied that they would renounce these [vanities], and hope in this Christ. It is thus written:

Rejoice, thirsty wilderness: let the wilderness be glad, and blossom as the lily: the deserts of the Jordan shall both blossom and be glad: and the glory of Lebanon was given to it, and the honour of Carmel. And my people shall see the exaltation of the Lord, and the glory of God. Be strong, you careless hands and enfeebled knees. Be comforted, you faint in soul: be strong, fear not. Behold, our God gives, and will give, retributive judgment. He shall come and save us. Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall hear. Then the lame shall leap as an hart, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be distinct: for water has broken forth in the wilderness, and a valley in the thirsty land; and the parched ground shall become pools, and a spring of water shall [rise up] in the thirsty land.'' - https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/01286.htm

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member

Thanks for the on topic links, it is interesting to see how many worldwide myths there are. All pointing us in the same direction. Keepers of time, through myth, ensuring by oral tradition can be carried on.

There are those that will use the myths for their own gain. And those that will give their pearls to swine. That, it would seem will never change.

Opal

Premium Member
"In the Book of Daniel, there is narrated a profound event in the life of Nebuchadnezzar, the King of Babylon. The king had a very disturbing dream, and he wanted to understand its meaning. Daniel 2:2 NIV, informs us, "So the king summoned the magicians, enchanters, sorcerers and astrologers to tell him what he had dreamed." The astrologers, also known as 'Chaldeans', were part of the king's circle of so-called 'wise men' who practiced divination. The actual word for astrology in the Hebrew language literally means, 'divining the heavens'. Divination is the act of foretelling future events, or of revealing secret knowledge, by means of signs and omens or other supernatural agency. The practice of pagan divination is prohibited by God. It's in the Bible, Leviticus 19:26 NIV, "Do not practice divination or sorcery."

Divination was common among the pagan peoples of the Bible lands. When the Israelites were about to enter the Promised Land of Canaan, God warned them not to practice astrology. Says Deuteronomy 18:9, 12 & 14 NIV, "Do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there… The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so… Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord." Divination is actually regarded to be a grave sin. Declares 1 Samuel 15:23 NIV, "Rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry."

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/astrology-mentioned-bible

Fortunately, this was not the case in all faiths. In fact, in ancient India and even today, Jyotish vidya was encouraged - because seeking in general is encouraged in Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism)

I will elaborate later. But, in the end this was written, by people to control people. We still are victims of the powers that try to control us. The cosmos did not put the magical order for us not to use, know and admire. The Cosmos wants us to see and use the stars or it would not have made such an intricate orchestra of planets and stars, for us to use and admire.

petosiris

Banned
I will elaborate later. But, in the end this was written, by people to control people. We still are victims of the powers that try to control us. The cosmos did not put the magical order for us not to use, know and admire. The Cosmos wants us to see and use the stars or it would not have made such an intricate orchestra of planets and stars, for us to use and admire.

Isaac Newton who first understood how this orchestra operates ascribed their order and maintenance to God, and not to a Cosmos God, but to a Lord God.

''This most beautiful System of the Sun, Planets and Comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful being. And if the fixed Stars are the centers of other like systems, these being form'd by the like wise counsel, must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially, since the light of the fixed Stars is of the same nature with the light of the Sun, and from every system light passes into all the other systems. And lest the systems of the fixed Stars should, by their gravity, fall on each other mutually, he hath placed those Systems at immense distances one from another...'' - http://www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk/view/texts/normalized/NATP00056

''This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all: And on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God παντοκράτωρ, or Universal Ruler. For God is a relative word, and has a respect to servants; and Deity is the dominion of God not over his own body, as those imagine who fancy God to be the soul of the world, but over servants. The supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect; but a being, however perfect, without dominion, cannot be said to be Lord God; for we say, my God, your God, the God of Israel, the God of Gods, and Lord of Lords; but we do not say, my Eternal, your Eternal, the Eternal of Israel, the Eternal of Gods; we do not say, my Infinite, or my Perfect: These are titles which have no respect to servants. The word God usually signifies Lord; but every lord is not a God. It is the dominion of a spiritual being which constitutes a God; a true, supreme or imaginary dominion makes a true, supreme or imaginary God. And from his true dominion it follows, that the true God is a Living, Intelligent, and Powerful Being; and from his other perfections, that he is Supreme, or most Perfect.'' - Newton 1968, Principles, vol. 2, p. 389.

You may be subject to another ruler.

petosiris

Banned
Why are the nations in an uproar
And the peoples devising a vain thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
“Let us tear their fetters apart
And cast away their cords from us!”

He who sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying,
“But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

“I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
‘You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like earthenware.’”

Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
Take warning, O judges of the earth.
Worship the Lord with reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
Psalm 2 NASB

leomoon

The Battle of Pea Ridge, I hadn't heard about, but of course John Wilkes Boothe (his brothers & father) I have since we are from the same city about 100 years apart.

I don't have Pea Ridge photos, but I do have some Civil War photos as its a hobby of mine back east, to try & visit a new one each time.

William Wilkes Booth was a member who assassinated President Lincoln, so if Albert Pike was also a high up member, he is also indirectly responsible, alleged astrology magic at actual time of the murder has Sirius on the horizon at location, a star that Albert Pike mentions!
The only battle that really mentions Albert Pike, is The Battle of Pea Ridge

Here is where he rode to on the horse trying to get help after shooting Lincoln - (or did he collapse in the woods?)

The boarding rooms are actually quite small in those days...same with Tombstone in Arizona's very small likewise.

This one belonged to Mary Surratt in southern Maryland -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surratt_House_Museum

When I visited there, the family of Dr. Mudd who actually lived close by in the same home he had resided in when John Wilkes Boothe was directed to Mudd's house in the middle of the night to have his leg reset! They were trying in the 90s to once again, have their ancestor exonerated as the name is very important to them, but weren't successfull last I had heard.

The people (curators, etc) who run the small boarding house nearby (the Surratt home), don't like the Mudd family (their name is STILL "Mudd" in that area) which I thought a tad bit silly...to carry anger all those years over him.:surprised: But they were very serious about his trangressions in the 90s anyway. :bandit:

Last edited:

leomoon

cont'd:

Me standing on the porch with the curator while she tries to explain how close the Mudd house was and if he hurried, we'd make it before closing. - We never did find it btw!!!!!!!!! Lots of thick trees, houses...

1. Mudd's family renews effort to clear his name / Court ...

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Mudd-s-family...
    Sep 04, 2002 · In 1868, a judge denied Mudd's petition, saying that Lincoln was commander in chief and that his assassination was thus an act of war. Mudd appealed the case to the Supreme Court

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Hi Jup,
I'm not advertising, however i found the article below fascinating, and would prove correct if the 3 wise men arrived in Bethlehem on Epiphany, but the jewish day start would be at sunset on 5th January:-
https://stellarhousepublishing.com/star-east-three-kings/

Paran graph below:-

Hi Monk,

Opal, Matthew doesn't mention either the number 3 or any word designating kings. Why do you believe Popish legends from the Middle ages rather than Matthew who was a disciple and a companion of the mother of Jesus and who had the gift of the Holy Spirit when he wrote?

The gospel of Matthew doesn't speak of three magi anywhere, it is a misconception having to do with their three types of gifts. They probably have been dozens for Herod to be troubled by their visit, according to the Scriptures.

The Bible doesn't give the date of birth of anyone. Some have made the case that winter is an unlikely season for the shepherds mentioned in Luke to be watching their flocks by night. Personally I believe he was born at the Feast of Tabernacles in 5 BC. And I believe John the Baptist was born on the day of the Passover in the same year. I've come to this conclusion based on the historical date of the death of Herod, the crucifixion and the ministry of Jesus, not on any astronomical phenomenon, for I don't know any, even a comet, that can miraculously point to a certain house by resting over it.

Jesus Christ himself was born as the Divine Logos before the foundation of the world, and he took a soulless body (for he already had a soul) some 2023 years ago, which was conceived through a miracle by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary, the Holy Spirit supplying Adamic DNA and Mary supplying the royal blood of David. This is why it is futile to attempt any astrological investigation.

The Julian/Gregorian calendar wasn't in use among the Jews. The Jews have their own calendar with appointed feasts given to them by God through the Sun and the Moon. The days in the months of this calendar are not the same as that of the utterly nonsensical Roman calendars.

However, for the sake of argument, I will grant you that Jesus Christ was born on the date that corresponds to January 5 and that Sirius was rising as the Sun was setting. What does this mean? What benefit do you derive from this?

Opal

Premium Member
The Battle of Pea Ridge, I hadn't heard about, but of course John Wilkes Boothe (his brothers & father) I have since we are from the same city about 100 years apart.

I don't have Pea Ridge photos, but I do have some Civil War photos as its a hobby of mine back east, to try & visit a new one each time.

Here is where he rode to on the horse trying to get help after shooting Lincoln - (or did he collapse in the woods?)

The boarding rooms are actually quite small in those days...same with Tombstone in Arizona's very small likewise.

This one belonged to Mary Surratt in southern Maryland -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surratt_House_Museum

When I visited there, the family of Dr. Mudd who actually lived close by in the same home he had resided in when John Wilkes Boothe was directed to Mudd's house in the middle of the night to have his leg reset! They were trying in the 90s to once again, have their ancestor exonerated as the name is very important to them, but weren't successfull last I had heard.

The people (curators, etc) who run the small boarding house nearby (the Surratt home), don't like the Mudd family (their name is STILL "Mudd" in that area) which I thought a tad bit silly...to carry anger all those years over him.:surprised: But they were very serious about his trangressions in the 90s anyway. :bandit:

I wonder if that is where the term of using a persons name is mud is from. Sounds plausible.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Jup,
Thanks for your information.
I thought i would give a quote from a masonic source:-
" 1861 Albert Pike travelled to Indian Territory and negotiated an alliance with Cherokee Chief Stand Watie. Prior to the beginning of hostilities, Pike helped Watie to become a Thirty-second Degree Scottish Rite Mason. Watie was also in the K.G.C., and he was later commissioned a colonel in command of the First Regiment of Cherokee Mounted Rifles. In May 1864 Chief Watie was promoted to the rank of brigadier general in the Confederate States Army making him the only Native American of this rank in the Confederate Army. Watie’s command was to serve under CSA officers Albert Pike, Benjamin McCulloch, Thomas Hindman, and Sterling Price. They fought in engagements in Indian Territory, Kansas, Arkansas, Texas, and Missouri."
It is thought likely that Albert Pike was a member of "The Knights of the Golden Circle", but obviously i can't prove it, link below:-
freemasoninformation.com...
There are many people who are highly suspicious of his links with the Knights of the Golden Circle, as expressed by link below:-
knightsofthegoldencircle.webs.com...
William Wilkes Booth was a member who assassinated President Lincoln, so if Albert Pike was also a high up member, he is also indirectly responsible, alleged astrology magic at actual time of the murder has Sirius on the horizon at location, a star that Albert Pike mentions!
The only battle that really mentions Albert Pike, is The Battle of Pea Ridge that was near a town called Leetown, that no longer exists but the Latitude and Longitude was 36*N26. 94*W02', however Bentonville is 36*N22' 94W12' so is near enough for an astronomy fix, i mention this because i will be showing an astronomy chart at the end of thread.
The Battle started on 7th March 1862, and Pike had his own troops made up of indigenous Americans, that he had trouble controlling, they scalped Union Soldiers, however it was Pikes responsibility, which ended his military career.
No doubt during the Civil War atrocities happened on both sides, however Union Soldiers were trying to stop slavery!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pea_Ridge
To have statues of those who promoted slavery in the Civil War can't go on!
As the Sun rose on 7th March 1862, being ancient Egyptian day marker, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star, clicked into place on the Nadir, at location, it looks likely that an alleged astrology ritual took place before the battle, if Albert Pike was involved, i can't say, whatever was happening it didn't work.
The passions in America are still as strong today.

Have you heard of Prince Hall masons?

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Monk,

However, for the sake of argument, I will grant you that Jesus Christ was born on the date that corresponds to January 5 and that Sirius was rising as the Sun was setting. What does this mean? What benefit do you derive from this?

Petosiris,

For me it is about ancient civilizations, far past, beyond the Bible. The benefit for me is that it is rather comforting, to feel that the time keepers, the watchers, the Cosmos, God, goes on infinitely, repetitively, through the Ages, over and over and over.

The Cosmos gifted us the tools to use, and be with and know “it” by studying the myths that repeat, the Cosmos wants to share, what some of humankind, would prefer us fear and not be a part of “its” glory.

It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

I hope your belief choice gives you the same satisfaction that, mine gives me.

I speak for myself, I expect no one to believe in anything but what they choose to.

It is personal, it can’t be forced or feared.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Petosiris,
Perhaps, the alignment is electional astrology and the alignment of Sirius is a way of joining myths to Egypt, perhaps the Three Wise Men were fabricated to join up with belief in the stars.
A detailed debate about calendars is below, under my avatar Astronomer62:-
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1253575/pg53#pid25004798
Your Quote:-
"Isaac Newton who first understood how this orchestra operates ascribed their order and maintenance to God, and not to a Cosmos God, but to a Lord God."
Isaac Newton was President of the Royal Society, that was "The Invisible College from 1703-1727, I would consider him an Esoteric Christian involved with Rosycrucianism
Links below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Society
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_College
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_theosophy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_esotericism
There was Electional astrology involving another President of the Royal Society called George Parker in 1752 involving Sirius Jupiter and MC when England and America switched from The Julian Calendar to the Gregorian one, so mentioning Isaac Newton, doesn't help your cause, links below under my avatar Astronomer62, please turn page:-

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1253575/pg54#pid25028231

petosiris

Banned
Hi Petosiris,
Perhaps, the alignment is electional astrology and the alignment of Sirius is a way of joining myths to Egypt, perhaps the Three Wise Men were fabricated to join up with belief in the stars.
A detailed debate about calendars is below, under my avatar Astronomer62:-
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1253575/pg53#pid25004798
Your Quote:-
"Isaac Newton who first understood how this orchestra operates ascribed their order and maintenance to God, and not to a Cosmos God, but to a Lord God."
Isaac Newton was President of the Royal Society, that was "The Invisible College from 1703-1727, I would consider him an Esoteric Christian involved with Rosycrucianism
Links below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Society
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_College
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_theosophy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_esotericism
There was Electional astrology involving another President of the Royal Society called George Parker in 1752 involving Sirius Jupiter and MC when England and America switched from The Julian Calendar to the Gregorian one, so mentioning Isaac Newton, doesn't help your cause, links below under my avatar Astronomer62, please turn page:-

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1253575/pg54#pid25028231

What are you saying exactly, Monk? Here is what he said in his most known work.

''This most beautiful System of the Sun, Planets and Comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful being. And if the fixed Stars are the centers of other like systems, these being form'd by the like wise counsel, must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially, since the light of the fixed Stars is of the same nature with the light of the Sun, and from every system light passes into all the other systems. And lest the systems of the fixed Stars should, by their gravity, fall on each other mutually, he hath placed those Systems at immense distances one from another...'' - http://www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk/view/texts/normalized/NATP00056

''This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all: And on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God παντοκράτωρ, or Universal Ruler. For God is a relative word, and has a respect to servants; and Deity is the dominion of God not over his own body, as those imagine who fancy God to be the soul of the world, but over servants. The supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect; but a being, however perfect, without dominion, cannot be said to be Lord God; for we say, my God, your God, the God of Israel, the God of Gods, and Lord of Lords; but we do not say, my Eternal, your Eternal, the Eternal of Israel, the Eternal of Gods; we do not say, my Infinite, or my Perfect: These are titles which have no respect to servants. The word God usually signifies Lord; but every lord is not a God. It is the dominion of a spiritual being which constitutes a God; a true, supreme or imaginary dominion makes a true, supreme or imaginary God. And from his true dominion it follows, that the true God is a Living, Intelligent, and Powerful Being; and from his other perfections, that he is Supreme, or most Perfect.'' - Newton 1968, Principles, vol. 2, p. 389.

Are you saying that he didn't believe this?

''As for his religious studies, Stukeley noted that he had “studied everything”, and he used the same phrase in describing Newton’s knowledge of the history and architecture of Solomon’s Temple. Newton’s chronology was “very particular, & likewise solid”, but he had contracted the history of the world too much. His knowledge of prophecy was also sound, Stukeley admitted, especially in his claim that God adumbrated his history of the world in his depiction of the rites and settings of the Jewish temple. All this knowledge was built up as a result of his Sunday study of the Bible, when he “turn’d over the sacred volumes, with great diligence, and full conviction of the divine Spt. that dictated them”'' - http://www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk/view/contexts/CNTX00001

He believed that the world was created some 4000 years before Christ, that the earth was covered with global flood some 1656 years later, that there is a soul in man, that there will be a 1000 year kingdom with a rebuilt temple, and that the Bible can be understood as it is. William Whiston, unlike Isaac Newton and Samuel Clarke, shared his belief in the supremacy of the Father more openly, for which he was expelled from the University of Cambridge. Newton never shared his conclusions from his research on the New Testament and early fathers, while Clarke charted a middle course (see The Scripture Doctrine of the Trinity 1712). So some did have esoteric* Christian beliefs while staying in the Church of England, even though they were widely recognized by others, since there were controversies in their time. You can read about them from their extant writings and letters. Newton himself held the belief that there some most important commandments prevalent in many Christian denominations which are absolutely necessary for salvation (and simple to be understood by everyone), and which he termed ''milk'' as the apostle Paul, and that there are ''meat'' doctrines which are complex and secondary to salvation. This is completely opposite of any person who prides himself wise by worldly and demonic standards.

*The word itself contains many mysteries in the Word that are not understood by the majority.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
[[20r]] For there were certain principles of religion preached by the Apostles from the beginning, & in which all men were to be instructed before baptism by catechizing them, & there were many other truths which they were to learn after baptism by studying the scriptures to the end of their lives. The Principles the Apostle compares to milk to be given to babes, the other truths to strong meat which belongeth to men of full age .... (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 2, p. 20),6 Newton goes on to tell us that these "Milk" doctrines are "repentance from dead works, faith in God, Baptism, laying on of hands, & the doctrine of the resurrection & day of judgment...." (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 2, p. 20) 77 - quoted from Goldish, M. (2013). Judaism in the theology of Sir Isaac Newton (Vol. 157). Springer Science & Business Media.

''And I think it is not to be doubted but that the hereticks of the circumcision who before their conversion were instructed in the Jewish Cabbala and other fabulous traditions of that nation, would borrow some opinions from thence. For the Apostle in opposition to the first heresies admonishes the Christians not to give heed to Jewish fables endless geneologies & oppositions of science falsly so called [[1 Timothy 6:20]] .... (Yahuda MS. 15.3, p. 53r)

By Jewish fables he means the fables delivered down by tradition among the Jews in their Cabbala, by endless genealogies, the genealogies of the Sephiroths & separate intelligencies in those
fable[] which may be multiplied to infmity, & by oppositions of science falsely so called the disputes of the Gnosticks & contentions which were apt to arise amongst those who pretended to skill & understanding in this sort of Theology falsely called science. These hereticks & their disciples from their boasting of knowledge were called Gnosticks, & gloried in the name. (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 1l0r)26'' - ibid.

''They err therefore saith Irenaeus in ascribing to God the affections & passions of men & making him a compound. For God is not as man nor are his thoughts like ours. He is simple & not compound. He is all like & equal to himself all sense all spirit all perception all Ennaea all Logos, all ear, all eye all light. He is all sense which cannot be separated from it self, nor is there any thing in him wch can be emitted from any thing else. Thus does Irenaeus represent & confute the Metaphysicks of the Gnosticks. (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 128r)'' - ibid.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
The ancient heresies consisted chiefly in certain cabbalistical & heathen opinions superstitions & impieties web some converted Jews & Gentiles had imbibed before their conversion & would not relinquish but mixed with the Christian religion. And the chief of those opinions was that all things came from one first Being by emanation, emission, dilatation or projection of substance & were animated by him & returned into him: & that all the Gods were either parts or powers of the Supreme God & by unity of substance were but one God; & that the chief of them were begotten of the supreme God & of one another successively before the world began or at least before the flood. For these were the opinions of the ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Greeks <& Cabbalists> & is the opinion of the Indian Brachmans to this day. (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 4, p.lr.)

From this opinion [[emanation]] came the metaphysical philosophy of the heathens about the origin of the world the generation & nature of the Gods & the transmigration of souls. And this doctrine of Daemons [[!]] was as old as the Idolatry of the heathens. For their Idolatry was grounded upon it. And therefore Moses to prevent the spreading of this sort of Philosophy among the Israelites wrote the history of the creation of the world in a very different manner from the Cosmogenies of the heathens, attributing the production of all things to the immediate will of the supreme God. Yet the Israelites by conversing with the heathens frequently lapsed into the worship of their Gods & by consequence received their Theology until they were captivated for these transgressions. And afterwards by conversing wth the <Babylonians> Chaldaeans <Assyrians, Egyptians & Persians> Egyptians & Greeks they imbibed their metaphysical Theology as is manifest by the Cabala ofy· Jews web consists chiefly in describing how the first Being ... emitted ten gradual subordinate emanations .... (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 137r)20

He sounds as a very grounded and discerning brother in Christ.