Which sign is most left-wing and right-wing?

AstroAries

I know sun signs aren't the end all for political preference but I was wondering which signs are the most left-wing and right-wing. It has been my observation that Taurus most often aligns with the political left, think May Day (May 1st). Aquarius would probably come in a close second. As for right-wing I don't know.

CapAquaPis

Yes, Aquarius are the most "left wing" of the zodiac, but they can be radically conservative or libertarian (think CA governor/US president Ronald Reagan, born Feb 6 1911 - died 2004). I find Taurus not as farther left, because they want to "stay on point" and they have a hard time with politics, either they try to not care, ignore it, avoidance of discussions or eschew the process.

My Taurus mom (born Apr 29, 1951- Aquarius moon) is center-left, except she grew up in the 1950s, attended a "southern" Baptist church, her father served in the US Marines in WWII and Korea, worked for law enforcement (dispatcher and matron), and made sure her two sons never dropped out of school and got a job as adults, these are typically social conservative traits.

I believe what made her a Democrat after previously being Republican (the 1970s) is 1. her gender (she found conservative male politicians unsupported of women's rights), 2. racial origin (her father is a Cherokee/Osage Indian, but passed as "white" since he is also Scottish from Oklahoma), 3. income level (not rich or above upper-middle class), 4. she became physically ill or disabled, and 5. she divorced and never remarried for the last 30 years. She felt alienated by the GOP...since the Reagan era, so she became a Democrat.

Ralph

Yes Cap, your comments on your mom show that many personal/family and other contingent factors can affect one's politics.

I am also a Taurus sun, and would say that in personal matters I tend to be conservative, but am on the liberal side when it comes to philosophical issues and politics.

From observations of individuals I have known or read about, I would comment on the sun signs as follows:

Libras and Scorpios are right-wing, with a few exceptions.

Aquarians left-wing.

Capricorns can be less conservative than one might assume, e.g. Richard Nixon opened up relations with China, a bold move for his time.

craft94

I once made a joke to a Capricorn Moon friend about LIBRAhaving the same root as LIBeRAl and CAPricorn having the same root as CAPitalist; but this is in reference to the archetype: Libra makes me think of John Lennon and Gandhi and hippies and Capricorn makes me think of Ayn Rand or basically any business man. But I really don't believe any sign makes one right wing or left wing because these themselves are social constructions and probably vary from culture to culture and definitely from decade to decade. What was groundbreaking and revolutionary back in the 60s and 70s is hateful and offensive now.

Me, personally, I ignore this stuff altogether. Right wingers usually tell me I'm left wing and left wingers usually tell me I'm right wing. I like to draw my conclusions by looking at the facts and comparing them to my own values (politics are the very antithesis of values). Then again, I'm a Libra and I don't like extremes, so maybe it is astrological after all but not so much in the sense of left wing vs. right wing but more in the sense of the spirit behind it...for example, research has shown that someone whose a radical leftist is more likely than a moderate leftist to become a radical rightist later in life. Same with extreme atheism and extreme Christianity. Earth signs are often described as conservative and they often are in terms of personality but if you're a lesbian Taurus from Mexico chances are you're not gonna be voting for Donald Trump.

craft94

Uranus is another good example of what I mean. Astrologers often associate it with liberalism but now, since liberalism has basically more or less become the norm, "Uranians" are going to rebel against it: Donald Trump and his Sun-Uranus-NN conjunction actually comes to mind

Dubyadude1986

Mars entering 00'00 Aquarius ushered in a Trump victory due to his Regulus conjunction, so I already don't think there is much correlation to liberalism and Aquarius, especially since it's rulershership with Uranus is so sketchy.

Every time there is an inauguration, the Sun is in Aquarius. This year at noon, on Jan 20, the Sun is at 00'00 Aqua. It isn't so.

What's happened here the last two weeks does not suggest any kind of liberal edge with Aquarius, otherwise Mars entering 00'00 Aquarius would have swung it the other way. I don't think there is a planet, sign, or age that is going to create some kind of multi-generational majority.

It is also not an age of feminism, it shouldn't have an impact on gender, if it did, aquarius is a fixed masculine sign. That isn't resonating either and I am beginning to think astrology has a big fat blind spot called politics. ISAR didn't have one accurate prediction this year. Not one.

ISAR seems to be the "astrological establishment" that is out of touch with what is happening and unable to objectively assess the charts because of a soft spot for the political establishment. In a lot of cases, we seem to be moving away from things they claim we are moving towards. The heart is getting in the way of these political mundane predictions and that is pretty clear at this point.

Kay pacha didn't get it right, Rick Levine didn't get it right, the only two I saw were 30 or so and one is Leo King.

On the flip side, Uranus is one of if not the dominant planet in Trump's chart, and he is NOT that conservative, especially socially. Just weighing your view.

Last edited:

craft94

Well, the problem with mundane/political astrology is bias. People generally don't let astrology inform how they see politics. They let politics inform how they see astrology. Clinton supports will predict Clintons gonna win and Trump supports will predict Trump as the winner. People will look for placements that support their already preexisting views and ignore any placement that contradicts it. This mentality doesn't make sense to me but it's how a lot of people think. People are blinded by partisan politics: rather than think for themselves, they let their "party" (where's the booze?) think for them.

I do think Aquarius is the most political sign; it rules over communities and large groups, which is why inauguration day is always on the first day of Aquarius, but the sign doesn't dictate what your politics actually are. Aquarius people, and air signs in general, tend to have a "liberal" personality, but this does not necessarily mean liberalism as in left wing politics. It's a sign very much concerned progress and social change, bettering the world but your definition of this may differ from the definition held by the democratic establishment. I can actually think of more Aquarius Republicans than I can Democrats!

On the other hand, Mars in Aquarius might actually refer to the anger people have regarding the political establishment. I've noticed that Trump has ironically brought a lot of people together, together in mutual hatred. Maybe this had to happen. Maybe Trump is their inspiration to actually take action. People are realizing not to rely on our current political system any longer, it won't protect us. Trump is very Uranian in the way that he shakes things up and the Mars in Aquarius echoes this. Also, was Mars aspecting anything in either Trump or Clinton's chart? If so I figure Trump was more positively aspected since he's mostly air and fire and Clintons all Scorpio (which is square Aquarius)

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

I was using Sibley and it just all lined up the way I thought, but that wasn't enough, I used 270towin.com and the cartography also. I agree with most of what you said craft.

I didn't use hers because her birth times are all so far apart and it was too much.

The buildup in Capricorn is a spitting image of 1990 in 2020. Communism is going down again.

CapAquaPis

Yes Cap, your comments on your mom show that many personal/family and other contingent factors can affect one's politics.

I am also a Taurus sun, and would say that in personal matters I tend to be conservative, but am on the liberal side when it comes to philosophical issues and politics.

From observations of individuals I have known or read about, I would comment on the sun signs as follows:

Libras and Scorpios are right-wing, with a few exceptions.

Aquarians left-wing.

Capricorns can be less conservative than one might assume, e.g. Richard Nixon opened up relations with China, a bold move for his time.

Aries and Cancer lean more to the conservative or center-right side, same with many Leos and Virgos. Geminis have more a left-wing tinge, but the pres-elect Donald Trump (a Gemini) is a Republican (twice in his life, was a Democrat twice as well). Sagittarius and Pisces straddle between liberal and conservative, like a Liberal Republican or Conservative Democrat voter type.

Ralph

Cap, Trump is simply totally unpredictable.

But you bring up a good point. The world seems to have forgotten that it's possible to have a liberal Republican.

I once heard a news reporter refer to Arlen Specter, the late senator from Pennsylvania (died 2014) as a conservative Republican. I had read his book and know for a fact that he referred to himself (and actually was) a liberal Republican. Googling him today, I see that he had an Aquarius sun.

ashriia

Aries and Cancer lean more to the conservative or center-right side, same with many Leos and Virgos. Geminis have more a left-wing tinge, but the pres-elect Donald Trump (a Gemini) is a Republican (twice in his life, was a Democrat twice as well). Sagittarius and Pisces straddle between liberal and conservative, like a Liberal Republican or Conservative Democrat voter type.

Not that I have been studying this in detail. But if you take lilith conjunct cancer moon with a nice tight square to pluto. You get someone like Richard Spencer. It's "my" country - homeland- people.
Cancer is all about the "home". Alot of military people have cancer placements.

Taurus will also think in terms of "my". You don't need cancer for that. Taurus moon or Sun will do. Scorpio is similar. I see lots of moon/pluto folks that are right wingers in general also.

Lefties. Will think in terms of "we" "us". Gemini, Aqua, Libras all come to mind. Suns/moon/ascendants unless there are strong aspects from saturn to moon or moon to pluto.

Pisces are on the fence, their life experiences will be the determining factor.

Virgos,Aries,Sags,Caps can all be on the fence.

Let me be clear this is in IMO, based on charts I've studied. Not meant to offend anyone either.
btw I'm a Taurus sun and total lefty. 11th house sun, lots of gemini placements. However, I'm quite conservative in my personal dealings/relationships, moral character is very important to me. But I'm not an a** about it.

Last edited:

craft94

Not that I have been studying this in detail. But if you take lilith conjunct cancer moon with a nice tight square to pluto. You get someone like Richard Spencer. It's "my" country - homeland- people.
Cancer is all about the "home". Alot of military people have cancer placements.

Taurus will also think in terms of "my". You don't need cancer for that. Taurus moon or Sun will do. Scorpio is similar. I see lots of moon/pluto folks that are right wingers in general also.

Lefties. Will think in terms of "we" "us". Gemini, Aqua, Libras all come to mind. Suns/moon/ascendants unless there are strong aspects from saturn to moon or moon to pluto.

Pisces are on the fence, their life experiences will be the determining factor.

Virgos,Aries,Sags,Caps can all be on the fence.

Let me be clear this is in IMO, based on charts I've studied. Not meant to offend anyone either.
btw I'm a Taurus sun and total lefty. 11th house sun, lots of gemini placements. However, I'm quite conservative in my personal dealings/relationships, moral character is very important to me. But I'm not an a** about it.

Yes but air signs like their freedom. Lefties want the government to ban everything they dislike. Gemini especially = free speech. It's true that Taurus/Cancer thinks in terms of "my" but unless you're a straight white rich male, chances are the right wing isn't in YOUR favor. If a Cancer woman with a Taurus Moon and no air/11th house placements wants HER right to choose, she'll want her right to choose and she'll vote for the person who will benefit her personally and that probably won't be a Republican, definitely not Donald Trump.

There are too many variables in this. Having a liberal or conservative personality doesn't necessarily determine your politics for various reasons

ashriia

Yes but air signs like their freedom. Lefties want the government to ban everything they dislike. Gemini especially = free speech. It's true that Taurus/Cancer thinks in terms of "my" but unless you're a straight white rich male, chances are the right wing isn't in YOUR favor. If a Cancer woman with a Taurus Moon and no air/11th house placements wants HER right to choose, she'll want her right to choose and she'll vote for the person who will benefit her personally and that probably won't be a Republican, definitely not Donald Trump.

There are too many variables in this. Having a liberal or conservative personality doesn't necessarily determine your politics for various reasons

Hi craft.

Personally I feel that both sides want the government to ban everything they dislike. True that right wing really only benefits straight/well to do white males. Agreed.

There are definitely too many variables, but I added some astrological configurations that "can" steer things a certain way from my research and to contribute to the thread question. I did emphasize "IMO".:smile:

craft94

Hi craft.

Personally I feel that both sides want the government to ban everything they dislike. True that right wing really only benefits straight/well to do white males. Agreed.

There are definitely too many variables, but I added some astrological configurations that "can" steer things a certain way from my research and to contribute to the thread question. I did emphasize "IMO".:smile:

"Personally I feel that both sides want the government to ban everything they dislike." I agree with that statement too which is why I personally am neither side. :biggrin: But I was thinking more about political correctness, "SJWS," free speech zones, etc. Regardless of their demographics, Geminis hate that. That doesn't necessarily make them right wing, no, but I've noticed that a lot of them are so pissed off with the extremism of our peers that they are starting to lean more towards the other side just to be contrary or something which I don't agree with but yeah.

I didn't disagree with your post btw. Otherwise I wouldn't started it with a "yes." I was just adding to it. :)

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

On another thread (the chat subforum), the OP posted Taurus and Aquarius are "Right wing, Libertarian" while Virgo and Libra are "Right Wing, Authoritarian". Whatever the OP meant, I still believe Aquarius are reformist, on the left side of the political spectrum, moreso than Taurus. And inaccurate about Libra, an air sign is more inclined to hold center-left political views, not far-right ones.

Humanitarian

Aries: Center-right progressive (some conservatives)
Taurus: Center left conservative (some progressives)
Gemini: Center right progressive (some centrist, or even conservative)
Cancer: Right conservative/Far-right conservative (Some leftists or far-leftists have a lot of Cancerian qualities, and anti-imperialists are included here)
Leo: Authoritarian Right Progressive (Or Conservative, but more evolved ones are centrist)
Virgo: Authoritarian Left Conservative (Can be right though)
Libra: Centrist progressive (Some are leftists)
Scorpio: Left libertarian conservative (Plutonian-Neptunians are either center culturally or progressive)
Sagittarius: Left Center Progressive (Leaning libertarian, but some people are authoritarian right)
Capricorn: Authoritarian Right Conservative (Some authoritarian left progressive)
Aquarius: Right/Left Libertarian Conservative/Progressive (Less authoritarian than other signs)
Pisces: Left-Libertarian Progressive (Some right libertarians, and inverse if unevolved)
Cancer is the most right wing
Pisces is the most left wing (The evolved ones)
Edit:

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Aries: Left center (culturally center)
Taurus: Center left conservative
Gemini: Center right progressive
Cancer: Right conservative/Far-right conservative
Leo: Authoritarian Right Progressive
Virgo: Authoritarian Left Conservative
Libra: Centrist progressive
Scorpio: Left libertarian conservative
Sagittarius: Left Center Progressive
Capricorn: Authoritarian Right Conservative
Aquarius: Right Libertarian Conservative/Progressive
Pisces: Left-Libertarian Progressive
Cancer is the most right wing
Pisces is the most left wing (The evolved ones)
May I inquire what your source is for this?

leomoon

Capricorn here. Since I've always been rather liberal,, and grew even moreso as I aged in life and saw the injustices as I did - I think its my Uranus trine Neptune. My husband was more even keeled being a Libra one might expect him to be however, as he aged and being married for 50 yrs (around me), he too has become much like me. We were born the same year so it must be Uranus because his too is in Gemini, but it's not trine Neptune like mine is. My Uranus in the 11th, and his in the 8th.

Alan Oken writes that Uranus trine Neptune will help bring the new Age progressed thinking in to fruition as it has to do with the collective mindset. One of my heros was Martin Luther King Jr. who happened to be a Capricorn Sun too.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

I'm not easily manipulated by society though, due to a heliocentric Pisces stellium and a very Aquarian combination consisted of Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron and they're all extremely aspected, but Uranus in Pisces is harsher and the Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron conjunction in Aquarius in my chart is harmonically aspected