Cinderella Story or Stockholm Syndrome

Jaded

Premium Member
Here's my husband and I's chart.

I have no doubt he loves me. But I'm worried bout other things.
Anyone want to shed some light on our marriage?

Any replies appreciated :biggrin:

image.jpg

Osamenor

Staff member
Which of you is on the inside of the wheel, and which of you is on the outside?

I don't know synastry very well, so don't quote me on this--but it looks to me like you have some strong chemistry: lots of conjunctions between your personal planets and his and your ACs near each other's DCs. However, the quality of a relationship isn't revealed by a synastry chart. Synastry only shows potential. Whether and how that potential manifests depends on how each person is responding to their own birth charts, and to each other, and on where they are in life and their personal growth.

How you describe your marriage says a lot more. If this were a happy and healthy marriage, it would never occur to you to associate it with Stockholm syndrome. Someone you have good chemistry with can also be an abuser. The title of this thread says it all.

Do you often think you're lucky he loves you because you really don't deserve it, or something along those lines? Does he tell you something along those lines? That kind of thinking is very common in abusive relationships.

Jaded

Premium Member
Honestly he is absolutely amazing to me. He's a wonderful father and provider. He never says I don't deserve love.

But I recently found out (from the charts) it's all in my head. I have a moon in 8th and I have Mercury conj my Neptune. And honestly it really is all in my head. Stems from childhood. Absent mother, and abusive father.

Thank you so much for responding!! :)

Osamenor

Staff member
Honestly he is absolutely amazing to me. He's a wonderful father and provider. He never says I don't deserve love.

But I recently found out (from the charts) it's all in my head. I have a moon in 8th and I have Mercury conj my Neptune. And honestly it really is all in my head. Stems from childhood. Absent mother, and abusive father.

Thank you so much for responding!! :)

The way you worded the thread title and the initial question made it sound like your husband's behavior was what you were worried about. Is that not so?

If you were abused as a child, that would certainly have an effect on you. Your birth chart might show a tendency to internalize things (if so, though I don't know how to interpret that for sure--too new to astrology!), which wouldn't guarantee in and of itself that you were abused, but would suggest that if you were abused, that's how you'd respond, perhaps even more strongly than average.

Jaded

Premium Member
The way you worded the thread title and the initial question made it sound like your husband's behavior was what you were worried about. Is that not so?

If you were abused as a child, that would certainly have an effect on you. Your birth chart might show a tendency to internalize things (if so, though I don't know how to interpret that for sure--too new to astrology!), which wouldn't guarantee in and of itself that you were abused, but would suggest that if you were abused, that's how you'd respond, perhaps even more strongly than average.

Yes, my childhood has had a huge impact on the way I see the world. Especially intamite relationships. Up until recently I became very closed up. Much like a hermit lol. I would have never just put it all out there for the world to interprete. (Registering here I mean)

Sadly, I have realized maybe closing myself in wasn't such a bad thing to some degree.

-thanks for the response :smile: