Anyone else born with Saturn in Retrograde: are you a 'loner"?

queenfluff

I was just reading that Saturn in retrograde means a person who will be:

- Deeply rooted in self-sufficiency
- May indicate a "loner"
- Enormous reserves of inner strength
- Emotional self-discipline;may have a hard time saying no.

So, this is definately me. I am self-sufficient loner. I would rather do it myself than ask for help or especially take a hand out because I don't want to "owe" anybody. I am becoming better practiced at saying "no" though - I always felt bad to turn requests down even if saying "yes" meant sacrificing my own needs for others. I still feel guilty saying "no" to things - good thing I have that "enormous reserve of inner strength" to help me be a self-sufficient, "no-saying" loner. :lol:

Mines in Taurus in my 6th house so lots of everyday loner-ness and self-sufficiency. :)

I actually prefer to be alone most of the time and I like relying on myself - I guess it makes me feel like I am strong. I feel weak to rely on others for things. Anyone else?

lazarusx

My Saturn in is Capricorn 8th house, retrograde.

Yes, i guess you could say im a loner.. but this doesn't mean i dont enjoy been around people. I just prefer to do things on my own, i'm extremely stubborn when it comes to help and i will never take money from anyone.

I also feel much more accomplished if i can achieve what i want through my own means and on my own, it gives me an enormous amount of self-satisfaction.

I feel very guilty if i am forced into a corner where i need to borrow money from someone, and i will go to extreme lengths to pay them back as soon as possible, because i want to maintain my discipline.

The mention of 'reserves of inner strength' rings true for me, i never seem to use these reserves unless i've hit rock-bottom, and then out of no where i will pull myself together and suddenly have my entire life organized like nothing ever happened.

Flowergirl

Queenfluff, I can relate to everything you say about Saturn retrograde. I am fiercely self-sufficient in relationships (7th house) and I will rather suffer a disadvantage than ask for help. I don't like owing people anything and I value my self-sufficiency and self-reliance. I am very proud of the inner reserves that I have cultivated at this stage of my life. I feel it brings much character and inner strength to be able to have the kind of maturity that Saturn brings, esp since my Saturn return.

Yes, I am a loner too and must still deal with the guilt I feel when I choose to stand up for myself (for what I need) in relationships when others are adamant about what they want and it clashes with what I need. I am glad that I am now taking responsibility for myself and saying no when some situation will not suit me or bring me unhappiness. It takes great courage and inner strength to be able to stand up for yourself and honour your Self. I've learnt that if I'm not going to stand up for my needs, then no one else is going to do it for me. That sort of attitude and self-responsibility can cause loneliness and making you the only one who stands out among others, but I find it is better for me that I am self-responsilible and self-aware and knowing my self, than to be tossed around trying to please other people and fit in.

That is the kind of maturity that Saturn return brings (and probably other hard Saturn aspects and transits too). It's lousy to have Saturn difficulties but the rewards are worth having.

PS: I just want to add that I am no-where near perfection at this. Just that I'm trying my best to practise what I've learnt and found is best of me. It is better for me to be alone and at peace, than to run around dishonouring myself and putting myself to a disadvantage. I actually don't mind asking for help sometimes but it is the fear that others will turn around and demand that I do something in return that will compromise my Self, that makes me afraid to ask. It's the inner battle between giving in to others and honouring myself that is difficult.

Last edited:

bittermoon

- May indicate a "loner"

So, this is definately me. I am self-sufficient loner. I would rather do it myself than ask for help or especially take a hand out because I don't want to "owe" anybody. I am becoming better practiced at saying "no" though - I always felt bad to turn requests down even if saying "yes" meant sacrificing my own needs for others. I still feel guilty saying "no" to things - good thing I have that "enormous reserve of inner strength" to help me be a self-sufficient, "no-saying" loner. :lol:

Mines in Taurus in my 6th house so lots of everyday loner-ness and self-sufficiency. :)

I actually prefer to be alone most of the time and I like relying on myself - I guess it makes me feel like I am strong. I feel weak to rely on others for things. Anyone else?

My Saturn is not retrograde, but I can definitely relate to that. And though I like to be alone and often do things by myself, I do not consider myself a 'loner' and relying on myself does not equate 'strength' to me. I actually think I'm a control freak, if this makes sense.

- May indicate a "loner"

Saturn Retrograde
* feels inside that they're never good enough
* indulgent outward behavior may mask inner feelings of inadequacy
* hides fears

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm#neprx

your saturn is practically unaspected and would act as a singleton
unspected planets
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/unaspected.htm
http://classiclegendbooks.com/martinschulman-astrology-articles-17-unaspected-planets-1.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-unaspectedplanets.htm
http://www.donmc.com/Unaspected.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/unaspected/unaspected.htm
http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/dde3467b-df04-4a45-94c8-7aeb8e91e741

retrograde saturn can also suggest a missing/absent parent or male was simply ineffectual in early childhood

Saturn in the 6th house
· Have to work for what is received. Difficulties with employees and in working conditions due to a separateness and a demanding-ness. Hard worker but shouldn't expect everyone else to have the same attitude about the job.
· A tendency to worry and fret can cause health problems even stomach ulcers. They may worry unduly about their health.
· Can be a little bit nit picking and be irritated far to easily.
· Makes for cautiousness and practicality. Work is not as important as attitude toward it.
· Security may be found in hard work.
· These people have high expectations and meet challenges, delays and difficulties at work.
· Efforts are rewarded by slow advancement.
· Probably work alone and behind the scenes. Won't moan about work just get on with it.
· You will gain confidence by your untiring efforts for perfection, and will gain much respect from co‑workers.

queenfluff

My Saturn in is Capricorn 8th house, retrograde.

Yes, i guess you could say im a loner.. but this doesn't mean i dont enjoy been around people. I just prefer to do things on my own, i'm extremely stubborn when it comes to help and i will never take money from anyone.

I also feel much more accomplished if i can achieve what i want through my own means and on my own, it gives me an enormous amount of self-satisfaction.

I feel very guilty if i am forced into a corner where i need to borrow money from someone, and i will go to extreme lengths to pay them back as soon as possible, because i want to maintain my discipline.

The mention of 'reserves of inner strength' rings true for me, i never seem to use these reserves unless i've hit rock-bottom, and then out of no where i will pull myself together and suddenly have my entire life organized like nothing ever happened.

This makes sense! You are more self-sufficient on 8th house issues and like to go it alone for some of them - like "other people money". I will take it but I don't like doing it - a once and while is OK but having to rely on someone else on a daily basis for that sort of thing really bothers me - needless to say I wouldn't do well in a relationshp where I did have my own funds. I feel like I use my inner reserves of strength everyday - but that might be because mine is in the 6th house. But I can do what you are saying too - if I hit rock bottom, I can somehow always reorganize everything and put it back together someway (not automatically might take time but eventually). I have Scorpio Rising too which is excellent at this sort of thing. On an everyday basis and in work (at least the majority of the time), I prefer to work alone in silence if I can. Not that I can't work with other or deal with others - I just find it easy to handle my everyday problems and other sixth house issues on my own. I think because it gives me space to think about them and figure them out - since Saturn is all about delay and restriction I often find myself always trying to figure how to overcome everyday obstacles in my life - it is never automatic - I always have to think about it and devise a plan to conqueor it - which I do better alone. :)

Queenfluff, I can relate to everything you say about Saturn retrograde. I am fiercely self-sufficient in relationships (7th house) and I will rather suffer a disadvantage than ask for help. I don't like owing people anything and I value my self-sufficiency and self-reliance. I am very proud of the inner reserves that I have cultivated at this stage of my life. I feel it brings much character and inner strength to be able to have the kind of maturity that Saturn brings, esp since my Saturn return.

Yes, I am a loner too and must still deal with the guilt I feel when I choose to stand up for myself (for what I need) in relationships when others are adamant about what they want and it clashes with what I need. I am glad that I am now taking responsibility for myself and saying no when some situation will not suit me or bring me unhappiness. It takes great courage and inner strength to be able to stand up for yourself and honour your Self. I've learnt that if I'm not going to stand up for my needs, then no one else is going to do it for me. That sort of attitude and self-responsibility can cause loneliness and making you the only one who stands out among others, but I find it is better for me that I am self-responsilible and self-aware and knowing my self, than to be tossed around trying to please other people and fit in.

That is the kind of maturity that Saturn return brings (and probably other hard Saturn aspects and transits too). It's lousy to have Saturn difficulties but the rewards are worth having.

PS: I just want to add that I am no-where near perfection at this. Just that I'm trying my best to practise what I've learnt and found is best of me. It is better for me to be alone and at peace, than to run around dishonouring myself and putting myself to a disadvantage. I actually don't mind asking for help sometimes but it is the fear that others will turn around and demand that I do something in return that will compromise my Self, that makes me afraid to ask. It's the inner battle between giving in to others and honouring myself that is difficult.

I agree. That is one of the main reason I don't like asking for help - what are they gonna want in return? And usually it is always something because I can normally be TOO helpful (not saying "no") and some people see that I am like that and take advantage of that. After that happening too many times, I get to the point where I don't what to help at all because I often get shot in the foot by the other person. No wonder we want to be alone! :) I think one thing that is good about being a loner is that, unlike others who are people person and some people that can't stand to be alone, is that I think we loner are more accustomed to either situation. Even though we prefer to be alone, we have probably learned to deal with being around others when we have too. I had a friend once who couldn't stand being alone - she would freak out. So she would always call me and want to go out for coffee or something so she wouldn't be alone. It was very weird I thought. I look at people I know that really have never been alone in their lives (like they never lived on their own or never had others around the all the time) and I wonder how they would ever handle it if there was no one around them at all. Sometimes I think I get TOO used to being alone for long periods of time and have to get back into the groove of being around others. My Neptune and Moon in the 1st makes being around others too long exhausting anyhow because I absorb all the energy around me and after a while I can't wait to be alone to rest. :)