Thoughts on Leo's and rejection?

sashafasha44

I've noticed that every person that I can think of male or female that has a Leo sun moon or rising or a lot of other Leo aspects cannot stand rejection. They cannot stand being ignored and they will chase and Chase and Chase to get the other person to respond to them. But I don't think it's because they want something from the other person after all. I think it's just to satisfy their ego because in their mind they can't possibly understand why somebody would reject them. This isn't just with men it's also with women. I've had female friends that I've had disagreements with where they will incessantly call me and demand my attention when I clearly ask for space. They don't seem to respect boundaries. I know this is not everybody this is just a general observation and I was wondering if anybody has noticed anything similar to these attributes.

Witchyone

Nope. The Leos I know are shy and would rather cut off a limb than be seen as demanding. My mom is the type of person who puts everyone before herself, so it's sometimes difficult to even know what she wants. She never self-promotes. My cousin's kid is so shy you can barely hear him speak. He's a musician, but his work has suffered because he hates performing in front of people. My nephew is a bit more like a stereotypical Leo, in that he is naturally outgoing and friendly, but he doesn't demand attention either. He's at the age where he disappears into his bedroom and stays there alone for hours.

IleneK

Premium Member
"I was wondering if anybody has noticed anything similar to these attributes [Leo sun moon or rising or a lot of other Leo aspects] ?"

It depends.

It depends upon what house their Leo planet is in. It depends upon the comfort of that Leo planet with other planets by aspect or reception.

A comfortable conscious Leo will likely take rejection pretty much like others. Leo is about appreciation both received and given. There is much Leo can fulfill its expression with beyond being appreciated by everyone.

chiamaria

As a Leo sun myself, I will say that is demonstrably false. Observing other Leos in my life, they too defy your claim.

I think people like to attribute things like "hates being rejected/ignored", "boastful", "arrogant" and "show off" to Leos because that's what's described as their stereotypically negative aspects and so this is what is expected of them. However, people write it off when other signs are guilty of the same thing. You'll probably find that you yourself hated being rejected but thought nothing of it because you're not Leo. Sure, being rejected is unpleasant, but it's a human thing, not a sun sign thing.

I have been rejected, but my reaction was just to let the person go and have no contact with them. If a person wants me to be gone, believe me, I know how to stay gone such that they'll wonder where I've disappeared to, but that'll no longer be their business.

sashafasha44

As a Leo sun myself, I will say that is demonstrably false. Observing other Leos in my life, they too defy your claim.

I think people like to attribute things like "hates being rejected/ignored", "boastful", "arrogant" and "show off" to Leos because that's what's described as their stereotypically negative aspects and so this is what is expected of them. However, people write it off when other signs are guilty of the same thing. You'll probably find that you yourself hated being rejected but thought nothing of it because you're not Leo. Sure, being rejected is unpleasant, but it's a human thing, not a sun sign thing.

I have been rejected, but my reaction was just to let the person go and have no contact with them. If a person wants me to be gone, believe me, I know how to stay gone such that they'll wonder where I've disappeared to, but that'll no longer be their business.

I don't think it's a sun sign thing. I think it's an underdeveloped Leo thing. The lower vibration of Leo can manifest itself to be super attention seeking and can't bear rejection so their ego will drive them to try to "win" but also, this is my experience. I'm a plutonian, and I can provoke different reactions out of people than others

chiamaria

I don't think it's a sun sign thing. I think it's an underdeveloped Leo thing. The lower vibration of Leo can manifest itself to be super attention seeking and can't bear rejection so their ego will drive them to try to "win" but also, this is my experience. I'm a plutonian, and I can provoke different reactions out of people than others

You made it sound like it was a standard thing by saying "every" person you can think of who had sun, moon, ascendant or a lot of other Leo aspects can't stand being rejected, which is why it sounds like you think this is a typical character trait. I can agree that it may be an underdeveloped Leo trait though.

leomoon

"I was wondering if anybody has noticed anything similar to these attributes [Leo sun moon or rising or a lot of other Leo aspects] ?"

It depends.

It depends upon what house their Leo planet is in. It depends upon the comfort of that Leo planet with other planets by aspect or reception.

A comfortable conscious Leo will likely take rejection pretty much like others. Leo is about appreciation both received and given. There is much Leo can fulfill its expression with beyond being appreciated by everyone.

I recall an Aries Brother in Law coming to me, as his marriage was breaking up- and asking me, "how can you have a Leo Moon when my wife is so different then you?" I told him the difference that I could see between the two of us (She is Leo Rising and Sun in Leo ) so quite the Leo event he sterotypes. They both vied for the attention during their long marriage but seemed to make it work for a long time. They married as teenagers however.

He said, "When B goes to door after the doorbell, she HAS to have her full makeup on, the hair just so, etc) and wouldn't be caught dead in curlers in public even at the front door.
Yet you (meaning me as Leo Moon), goes to Caldor's a Dept. store and the food store with curlers and think nothing of it...I always was confused about this.

The only thing I could think of is how I personally would revolve the issues.
With Moon (our mothers?) in Leo, I tend to be self-assured and not at all vain as one might think of vanity. I feel I can wear anything, look anyway I want and to "heck" with other's opinions.

The Sun and Leo Rising - would be more the stereo-typical, but the moon is one's internal emotions (not so much external) needs and feelings of safety.

I also once read that Moon in Leo usually extols their moms thinks of them as being almost super-woman. That IS how I felt and still do about my late mother. :smile:

Ironically, all 3 of my granddaughters have a Leo Moon.

Two are Aries Sun (twins) and one is a Virgo Sun ...they all

adore their moms too.

leomoon

As for rejection?

Everyone who is human and has emotions is hurt by rejection I would imagine. I am. But I don't put a whole lot of stock in it either. You simply realize everyone is different and has their own needs, desires and likes/wants - and that includes people you love. If feeling rejected, it's really only those you LOVE that can hurt you anyway. Edgar Cayce once said this, and I believe it too.

Why be hurt by strangers and what they think anyway? That makes no sense to me.:wink: After all, projection is always in play.

wan

@OP:

I am a Leo sun and I am not like that at all. Yes I sometimes enjoy attention, especially online, however in real life, I am very self-effacing. I don't demand people's attention and I am always quiet and contemplative. That said, I have a Pisces rising, so that could be why.

Maybe the Leos that you have met happen to have a double-dosage of Leo. Like maybe Leo in both Sun and moon, or a Leo sun with Leo rising or Moon with Leo rising.

wan

This is very Scorpionic, tbh. Btw, I am the same way too.

chiamaria

This is very Scorpionic, tbh. Btw, I am the same way too.

I only have Pluto in Scorpio. On the surface it does sound like it, but I've noticed that this is something that Leo females can be capable of, more so than Leo men. It's a kind of energy where Leo is banishing someone from one's kingdom (whereas Scorpio's energy is a bit different). There is a reason why the term "ice queen" exists :D

I also agree that those Leos who take rejection badly may actually be double Leos. I only have Sun in Leo and my asc is in Virgo.

Last edited:

wan

I only have Pluto in Scorpio. On the surface it does sound like it, but I've noticed that this is something that Leo females can be capable of, more so than Leo men. It's a kind of energy where Leo is banishing someone from one's kingdom (whereas Scorpio's energy is a bit different). There is a reason why the term "ice queen" exists :D

I also agree that those Leos who take rejection badly may actually be double Leos. I only have Sun in Leo and my asc is in Virgo.

Ah, I see. So I am guessing your sun is probably in the 12th house, then.

Also, "ice queen", I like that.

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

I think there's some truth to this. Leo being fixed fire, operates much like a giant bonfire -- capable of great warmth and energy but only if it is regularly fed wood (adulation/attention). It expects people to cater to it and gather around it, because the end result/spectacle/energy produced by the fire is worth the effort put forth by those who tend to it.

Where Leo lands in your chart cusp-wise may point to areas where we expect loyalty, adulation and won't tolerate rejection.

People with Leo Sun and Moon tend to surround themselves with people who will feed tend to their bonfire. My dad, a Leo Sun/ASC, can connect with most people on the surface, but only keeps 2-3 close friends, all of whom shower him with attention. Meanwhile the Leo Moons I know, also may be social/outgoing, but when it comes to their emotions, will only show that side of them to those that will feed their emotional need for adulation.

But yes, there are a lot of factors that go into how one deals with rejection, and nobody likes it in a vacuum.

CapAquaPis

I think there's some truth to this. Leo being fixed fire, operates much like a giant bonfire -- capable of great warmth and energy but only if it is regularly fed wood (adulation/attention). It expects people to cater to it and gather around it, because the end result/spectacle/energy produced by the fire is worth the effort put forth by those who tend to it.

Where Leo lands in your chart cusp-wise may point to areas where we expect loyalty, adulation and won't tolerate rejection.

People with Leo Sun and Moon tend to surround themselves with people who will feed tend to their bonfire. My dad, a Leo Sun/ASC, can connect with most people on the surface, but only keeps 2-3 close friends, all of whom shower him with attention. Meanwhile the Leo Moons I know, also may be social/outgoing, but when it comes to their emotions, will only show that side of them to those that will feed their emotional need for adulation.

But yes, there are a lot of factors that go into how one deals with rejection, and nobody likes it in a vacuum.

A True Node in Leo, esp in a cusp (mine is in 29' Leo nearing Virgo) probably are a loner, not in depth in the social scene and it happens that it's opposite my 8th house Aquarius sun/moon conjunction, I learned to handle and manage a lack of "close" friends and doesn't have much of a sexual nor romantic life.

OuterPlanets89

A True Node in Leo, esp in a cusp (mine is in 29' Leo nearing Virgo) probably are a loner, not in depth in the social scene and it happens that it's opposite my 8th house Aquarius sun/moon conjunction, I learned to handle and manage a lack of "close" friends and doesn't have much of a sexual nor romantic life.
Indeed. I have SN in Leo (10th) and always felt "apart" in some sense, no matter whether I had many friends or not. I wasn't afraid to standout on one hand, but as my SN, that can be used as a crutch -- not wanting to conform or fully integrate into any social group. But I've always been happiest when I was with friends I could be my true self with, as my NN in Aquarius in the 4th would show.

sashafasha44

Honestly, thank you for responding to this post even though it's kind of old I appreciate it. I really like the way you described it I agree with you completely and the way you described it makes it easier I think to understand. I've noticed that Leo's son and moon and even the ascendant they seem to be devastated when they are rejected even if it's by somebody they don't even really want per se. They just well you know they're very dramatic and it's like they're flabbergasted that you're not in all of them. It's honestly a lot of work to be around these people and I've noticed that all my relationships especially with women now looking back at it has had Leo and their big three and it's always been a competition. I'm a Libra rising so my Leo is 11th house basically and I'm really good with entertaining online for my comedy stuff. 11th house being Aquarius and ruling the internet if I'm not mistaken. And a lot of people can't seem to understand why I am the way I am online and sometimes even seem offended by it but I can totally see how I'm a Leo online because for example I do a lot of live streaming and I'm the center of attention in a live stream for example. Thanks again for your input I love it.

sashafasha44

I literally said, "I know this is not everybody this is just a general observation and I was wondering if anybody has noticed anything similar to these attributes." Obviously I don't know every person in the world that has Leo in their big three I'm talking about people that I personally know and this was my experience not sure why my words are being taken out of context but that's kind of annoying because the rest of my statement was completely neglected. I don't mean to be Petty about this but I'm tired of being misconstrued. Thx for your feedback anyway.

You made it sound like it was a standard thing by saying "every" person you can think of who had sun, moon, ascendant or a lot of other Leo aspects can't stand being rejected, which is why it sounds like you think this is a typical character trait. I can agree that it may be an underdeveloped Leo trait though.

sashafasha44

But where is your Leo moon & hers? & what is your sun sign? That would make all the difference, not to mention the aspects. I'm an aquarius son so I can often be found being oblivious or carefree but I'm also a Libra rising so I would go out in public without makeup if I have my sunglasses and mask LOl for example.
My mom is a Leo moon & looking back on it although there isn't any more I can see there was some elements of competition when I was younger but she grew out of that and I was honestly immature and oblivious to even notice back then.

I recall an Aries Brother in Law coming to me, as his marriage was breaking up- and asking me, "how can you have a Leo Moon when my wife is so different then you?" I told him the difference that I could see between the two of us (She is Leo Rising and Sun in Leo ) so quite the Leo event he sterotypes. They both vied for the attention during their long marriage but seemed to make it work for a long time. They married as teenagers however.

He said, "When B goes to door after the doorbell, she HAS to have her full makeup on, the hair just so, etc) and wouldn't be caught dead in curlers in public even at the front door.
Yet you (meaning me as Leo Moon), goes to Caldor's a Dept. store and the food store with curlers and think nothing of it...I always was confused about this.

The only thing I could think of is how I personally would revolve the issues.
With Moon (our mothers?) in Leo, I tend to be self-assured and not at all vain as one might think of vanity. I feel I can wear anything, look anyway I want and to "heck" with other's opinions.

The Sun and Leo Rising - would be more the stereo-typical, but the moon is one's internal emotions (not so much external) needs and feelings of safety.

I also once read that Moon in Leo usually extols their moms thinks of them as being almost super-woman. That IS how I felt and still do about my late mother. :smile:

Ironically, all 3 of my granddaughters have a Leo Moon.

Two are Aries Sun (twins) and one is a Virgo Sun ...they all

adore their moms too.