shall i keep my research subject (for PHD)?

almaz

hello,

so after many reading of my last horary question about shall i go research or professional psychologist, the best answer said i should go research.

So, i started last year a subject for my master's thesis called : " ascetism and ego ideal", now i can choose to keep this subject and go further, or change it. I am keen to dig into it but too many factors lacks to make a good sequel to this work unfortunately (lack of book lack of time to dig it seriously) so i i have in my mind another subject : " hesychasm applied to silence in psychonalytic cure". This subject extremely kick ***
cheesy.gif
. Hesychasm is a silence method from the father of the desert and all syrian monk.

So, should i keep my subject " ascetism and ego ideal or go " hesychasm applied to silence in psychonalytic cure" ?

urano

I would say there is nothing to change.
The Ascendant is in conjunction with Spica (benefic fixed star), and Mercury is in exact sextile aspect towards it ruler, Venus, which is as well Lord 1.

Dirius

Almaz as a general advise...you shouldn't make an horary about every single thing in your life that requires some sort of choice :tongue:

What you are asking here? is it:

"Which of the both subjects be the better choice?"

To be honest the chart can't really tell you what to do. And in reality, comparing which one is better to the other would be a bit of a waste of time.

Its like asking a chart:

"Should I order the chocolate or vanilla cake?" - which doesn't really matter because you may probably enjoy both of them.

I understand that the subject of your thesis is perhaps a much more important decision that ordering food. But for the purpose of an horary chart, there might not be much difference.

Honestly, what do you expect to get out of the chart?

almaz

i know i have already made 3 topics but it was really useful, now i took decision from the 2 previous horary question and i am fine, but now i know i am going for phd i have to know if my subject is good, i will not put a horary question every single question i have in my life i hate that type of astrology lurker and i really surprize myself to ask many thing actually. Because i know my neptune transit on 7th house blur my vision of things.

SO the decision to make a phd and to choose a subject is a huge risk because i am getting old and i won't have another chance to do it in my future so it's very important to me to calculate every single thing to get the best result i can get from astrology or everything useful to validate my choice.

plus, i have to give my answer to my director of research before november and it will imply a lot of shift for me for the 3-5 next years...

i can't believe you take my horary question like something unimportant...to me it is.

almaz

and i would like to add that my horary question about that library officer is closed because i revamped all my flat to work at home and thus i won't propbably see her again. But it really annoys me because of not knowing feeling from her was a great pain for me as i felt something but with that neptune 7th house transit i know i can easily feel or imagine love where it is not....i wish i get more insight from horary but now it's too late i create a whole different work environment.

almaz

I would say there is nothing to change.
The Ascendant is in conjunction with Spica (benefic fixed star), and Mercury is in exact sextile aspect towards it ruler, Venus, which is as well Lord 1.

thank you very much urano, fixed star on asc is very important. I take note from that reading.

Dirius

i know i have already made 3 topics but it was really useful, now i took decision from the 2 previous horary question and i am fine, but now i know i am going for phd i have to know if my subject is good, i will not put a horary question every single question i have in my life i hate that type of astrology lurker and i really surprize myself to ask many thing actually. Because i know my neptune transit on 7th house blur my vision of things.

SO the decision to make a phd and to choose a subject is a huge risk because i am getting old and i won't have another chance to do it in my future so it's very important to me to calculate every single thing to get the best result i can get from astrology or everything useful to validate my choice.

What I'm trying to say is that the chart might not be exactly able to tell you which one could be better. Its hard to get a read on such a thing, and would not always constitute a reliable source of info.

almaz

maybe if you take strictly that question i asked :" shall i keep my research subject (for PHD)?" then giving a yes or no answer could be easily done and come in the astrology horary field.

For my natal chart, transit, progression solar return chart i am enough good to see what i can expect.

progression show my progressed conjunct natal moon in the 9th it is due to my eligibility to master phd the professor select me for the master and i had same time jupiter return a whole win so...but that progressed sun in 7 year should be in opposition to uranus so i will break tie from what i am building now.

2014-2015 sr chart was one of the most beautiful sr chart of my life, sr moon-jupiter in the 3rd trine sun in the 10th and saturn inthe 6th 9th mercury trine saturn, so 1st year was good but i worked hard...

2015-2016 sr chart is just awful...i have a sr moon-saturn in square to jupiter int he 1st and neptune in the 7th, bad venus, so i expect a lot of problem, and run out of money, i will probably behave like someone very arrogant, and cold, and harsh i guess. the 2 years ahead have major bad transit coming, saturn travelling through my bad IC, pluto square pluto is beginning, neptune crossing the 7th, next stationary saturn in square with my natal ascendant and next mars retrogradation in square with my natal saturn so i fear loss and failure on my studies; the only good thing is taht godlike transiting pluto which is doing a trine to my natal moon and natal ascendant when transiting jupiter is going though my ascendant, so it make a pluto trine jupiter for everyone but it make a grand trine with my taurus moon and virgo ascendant dynamiccally in my chart.

so plz help..

urano

I referred to some elements in your chart to try to give an answer, in a way it was a subjective response because I found challenging to find the significators here.

Certainly Mercury is one of them, and the Moon of course. In your chart we can consider them in the 1st Place, because in the 1st sign. On the other hand with Regiomontanus system house they are in the 12th, which change things because in the 12th things are bad.
In any case Mercury will become retrograde before to change sign (Libra), and so you will change your mind, one more time, probably. Maybe in favor of your 1st choice, maybe of your second choice or in favor of a third one you will find later, I don’t know.
But if it is an essential question for your life, ask the question to a professional, not to amateurs...

Apart from that, I am agree with Dirius.
Just a remark if you don't mind: you are a capable psychologist, and so you could have patients to help.
Your questions denote a lack of confidence in yourself rather important... For a psychologist this lack of confidence is surprising in my opinion. It’s a question to ask yourself (and to solve) to be honest with you.

Last edited:

almaz

it's complicated to explain my hesitation between psychologist and phd. Because my previous job was in the medical field also and close to psychologist but i left exhausted...and i know why. So i am not a martyr, i can help but i have to think about my own health and i have to have an intimate life also. I can give help but not to the point i put my own health in danger and it happened so i fear myself, i have to learn no first. secondly too much water in my chart, i am too empathic taking all negative energies and left dead. So yeah i have doubt, and lack of confidence, but i learned to take it my way in a sense it makes me live and struggle to go further.

that's why i take the phd path.