HoraryCatcaseII:The Tale of the Fire and Two Cats.

cassanra

My sisters cabin burned to the ground in California this week. It was quite sudden brought on by very dry grass, a car parked in the grass and a hot catalytic converter. She lost everything as it went so fast and she does not know if her cats got out. Her two cats, male and female, are her companions and buds. Her landlord tried to get into the cabin and saw one cat in the house then the porch where he was standing caught on fire and he jumped off. She is worried. I am worried for her and her cats. I asked the question "where are my sisters cats'. I looked at the chart first and really goofed it up.
First I used my location as I was asking the question. I tried to turn the chart using the third as my sister (saturn) and for some really odd reason used her fourth house and mars as ruler of the cat. I looked to which houses were ruled by the cat (mars) and saw that it ruled the 12th. I emailed her "I think the cat is fine, it is near the house and it is confined in some way. It will square jupiter thus there will be a frustration in getting them". I went further to say " you must look today as the moon will conjoin jupiter soon". I went on to say that I did nt think the female cat was far.
She emailed me back and said she was going to go over there that day with the fire men and will look but I had given her hope.
She called me a few hours later so excited:happy:. She had found the male named Thor, who was underneath a storage shed, burned whiskers and all, she had to work and work to get him out but she has him. She was so happy. :happy:She asked me how I knew which one was male and female and asked me to look at the chart again to see more of where "Esmeralda" may be.
I was dumbfounded and aghast. Dumbfounded that I got it right and aghast as I took a closer look at how I had interrepted it. :sad:
How did I get it right and where is Esmeralda? :pouty:
First I reread my Horary, Plain and Simple and saw that the sixth house is used for pets and sometimes Lily would use the fifth for loved animals. And the moon is used for fugitives. Second house for possessions. If I used her sixth house that changes things considerably. The main thing was to look at the condition of the ruler of the right house. Now I was completely lost. Should I turn the house for my sister or really on my own question (for she did not ask me) just use the sixth house as I accidently did anyway. Now I need to figure out where Esmeralda is and I can not figure out what to do. I tried pulling up another chart "where is Esmeralda' but if I only looked at the moons placement, its strength and condition as it ruled my sisters sixth, it does not bode well for the second cat. So I scratched that idea and looked again at the chart I started with. Shoudl I use my sixth house or her sixth house. If I use her sixth house this is ruled by gemini with cancer intercepted. Gemini means two so that makes sense...two pets. But who is who. Mercury is in her fifth house is good condition in its own sign and under saturns trip but...it is under the suns beams. Would you use the moon as the second cat and the sun in her sixth as the first? Now I am confused.
I am posting the orginal chart "where is my sisters cats' and I am in hopes someone can shake me loose from my confusion.
Can anyone add there two cents on "The tale of the fire and the two cats "

Attachments

• astro_2gw_21_diurnal.638.3286.gif
    astro_2gw_21_diurnal.638.3286.gif
    30 KB · Views: 29

RockFish

This chart you posted is the first chart, the one you used to retrieve the first cat, isn't it?

If I understood correctly, you read the sixth house of the chart to check the cats. You said you looked at the 4th to the sister, who is 3rd, for some unknown reason. So you looked at the 6th. The 6th rules small pets, so... maybe you didn't have to turn it in the first place... :tongue:

I think you could post the female cat's horary here, since the first cat is already found... A chart solely for the missing cat would be more helpful, in my opinion, because I find it very hard to read one chart for two different pets who probably had two different reactions and destinies in the accident.

smilingsteph

I was thinking the same thing, you would be focusing on the cats only. Even if you were asking the question you would not need your sister in the equasion. However, turning the chart could shed light on how she is feeling, but we already know.
Keep us posted, I have a kitty and my heart goes out to you both :sad:

cassanra

Darn, I did not keep the second chart as it looked terrible for "Esmeralda'. I can not say what time I asked or anything. And I was so confused if I should turn it. But in this case my sister did really ask 'can you see anything about the second cat' so now what do I do:( If I use the second chart and turn it the 8th house is her 6th turned and cancer ruled that house. The moon was in the burning way (and the moon rules fugitives) It was extremely weak and was in mutual reception of mars which rules fires. And mars was in her fourth turned house. It was like a hot potato and I dropped it immediately. The moon was going to trine the sun in her 6th turned house.
Well I think I am going to stick to the original and use venus as the second cat. She would be in better condition moving away from the male cat. My original interpretation was that someone found her, an authority or neighbor and has her.
Thanks for responding Smilingsteph...:) to The tale of the fire and two cats.

smilingsteph

I dont think you would even turn the chart even if your sis asked the question. You would use her as the ascendant, then the poor kitty :sad: as the 6th. So maybe do another chart, again, because I dont really think that turning the chart is necessary unless there are two people you are asking about, or a person and a kitty :) Say how your sister feels about Esmeralda.

Do another one and maybe we can find this kitty!

aquarius7000

Cassanra,

Sorry to hear about what happened. Going by the way you framed your question: "where are my sisters cats' at the time of pulling the attached chart; I would give you the first house (as the querent), sister the third, and 'sister's cats' sister's sixth. You need to decide on the assigning of houses on the basis of the question asked. In this case, you are asking the question and the cats belong to the sister (so her 6th needs to be used to signify her cats).

Ok, so going by the above logic, the late Asc shows that things have already developed and the outcome is set (as in the fire has happened, and either the cats escaped, or they didn't).

Your sister is signifed by Saturn, in her 8th (loss and tragedy), and placed very angularly showing that the action happened at her end. It is interesting to note that Merc rules her 8th of loss, and Sat (her), and also the cats (cats have a hold on her, as they are perhaps her main concern right now). Notice how the ruler of her 4th (home), Venus, is conjunct Algol. Also, though POF is placed in her 2nd house (possessions), look at that just separating (already lost) nasty opposition to Saturn (sister), which would reflect the loss of her possessions. Also, look at that rx-Jup, lord of sister's 2nd, placed in her 1st (shows importance of her possessions currently, in the face of what has happened) being squared by Venus (natural ruler of possessions, plus sister's 4th house (home)..very telling of the events. Btw, I would never take pets to be mere possessions (so not give them the 2nd house), as, 2nd house is primarily for material possessions (Taurus). Also, going by that logic, you could even call your children your possessions, etc.

Sister's 6th house of pets is ruled by Merc, which is dignified and angularly placed (both the factors give Merc strength- to have taken action and escaped, thereby having survived it all). The separated square between Sat and Merc perhaps shows that the danger is behind them both and also that your sister's worry about her cats will reduce/is reducing (Thor has already been found:)). I am ignoring Merc entering into an opp with Pluto, as it will be some time before the aspect will have perfected, and the real-life facts have already taken place, plus the question is based on something that has already 'happened'. Merc (cat) is going to perfect its trine to benefic Jupiter (placed in sister's 1st house; though weakened in strength due to rx), so maybe the cat will even come back to her. Nep placed so close by (which Merc is also trining) shows all the confusion, disillusionment and perhaps also the missing cat (Nep-Mer). Sun in the 6th of pets may also be considered fortunate.

The Moon is weak and being poorly placed in Via Combusta actually does not bode well. Moon is also in Venus' (sister's home) domicile through sign. What is also a bit worrying is that Moon is placed in Mars' terms (fire and injury), though in Jup's face (but terms is stronger than face), so maybe the cat is hurt a bit, but has survived. It's nearly-perfected trine to Jup (in sister's first) gives hope again. What I am wondering how to read is that separating trine between Moon (development of events) and Mer (cat). I would say, though, that the other cat survived, too.

Wishing you and your sister well,
:)AQ7

Last edited:

cassanra

Thank you so much for straightening out my confusion and what you said makes perfect since. Yes, I did not like the moon, ruler of fugitives, situation at all. But where is the cat? We found Thor, first cat underneath an undamaged storage shed.
If we use mercury than how do we count it? In the case of a missing dog the astrologer (Lily) used the direction of the ruler of the quesited by house and by sign, the sign of the moon and the house of the moon. Do we use the turned houses or the houses as they stand? For Libra=west and Gemini=west by south. Location air=high up. I find it interesting that both venus and mars are in earth signs which would on the ground or low, near pavement etc which is where Thor was found. Two air would be in a tree or high up, near hills and trees. etc. With the sun in the house of pets and mercury under the suns beams should we look at the sun to tell us something? Could the moon represent one cat, since Thor joined my sister so fast and take mercury as the second and maybe take longer to reach my sister. Mercury is in the my sisters fifth house indicating NNW. The fifth house would be a something like where hobbies or entertainment or children? creative self-expression.

aquarius7000

Merc (cats here) being placed in Gem would indicate West by South direction. As Gem is an air sign, it would point at places of elevation and open space. For a cat a tree or window sill would come readily to mind, or even a high shelf or above a cupboard, even the roof. Being in Gem and 5th house, maybe somewhere like where games are played or an area of recreation. Being in an angular house of the chart, the cat should not be very far from the owner and perhaps even be found quickly as per the skyscript site. I don't often do missing items, etc, but hope I am right this time, and that the cat is found soon.

:)AQ7

smilingsteph

I am new at this, and I really feel just awful for your sister! Plus Esmeralda. Your poor sister has been through a lot!

I just read that loved pets remain in the fifth house....per modern astrologers...we can try that?

If your sister is the third house, rep by Saturn- and the cats are seen in the 7th house, ruler by Taurus, venus in the 6th (animals- this would be fitting)
Cats ruler venus in the 6th would then would be low on the ground, near pavement or a bridge...
6th house- inside of something, in a closet, drawer. Near other small pets or animals. West Northwest.
Under the sun would mean that the cat is hidden from the sun, again inside of something.

Can we look to the 4th for the end of the matter (I am new remember :))
POF is there and ruler is in your sisters house of the third, in retrograde...

Not sure, hope I helped instead of creating more confusion :crying:

cassanra

No , no you are quite right. Some astrologers use the fifth for beloved pets and in fact they discuss this in "Horary. Plain and Simple". So we will try this. Thanks!