Why didn't they hire me?

PurpleReign

Hi,

I was on my third interview with this company and I prepared very well, but as soon as the interviewers walked in, I had the feeling (and one made it clear with his unprofessional behavior that I wasn't going to get hired) they didn't want to give me the position. Still gave it my best, but I didn't get it. Their online reviews are saturated with comments about incompetent and unprofessional upper management and I saw it for myself but I want to know specifically what was it that made them not hire me even though I was qualified and prepared well.

I'm Mercury in Cancer in the 2nd house, career is retrograde Saturn in the 8th, moving toward opponent (7th house ruler), retrograde Jupiter in the 6th. I get that they liked the other person(s) more, but why the trashy behavior right off the bat? How did they read me? Mercury in Cancer doesn't seem strong, it seems "weak". Did I come off as weak? Would 2nd house placement indicate I looked too materialistic? I'm bewildered as to how that makes sense considering the topic.:unsure:

PR

Attachments

• whynothired.jpg
    whynothired.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 26

tikana

Hi,

I was on my third interview with this company and I prepared very well, but as soon as the interviewers walked in, I had the feeling (and one made it clear with his unprofessional behavior that I wasn't going to get hired) they didn't want to give me the position. Still gave it my best, but I didn't get it. Their online reviews are saturated with comments about incompetent and unprofessional upper management and I saw it for myself but I want to know specifically what was it that made them not hire me even though I was qualified and prepared well.

I'm Mercury in Cancer in the 2nd house, career is retrograde Saturn in the 8th, moving toward opponent (7th house ruler), retrograde Jupiter in the 6th. I get that they liked the other person(s) more, but why the trashy behavior right off the bat? How did they read me? Mercury in Cancer doesn't seem strong, it seems "weak". Did I come off as weak? Would 2nd house placement indicate I looked too materialistic? I'm bewildered as to how that makes sense considering the topic.:unsure:

PR

Social culture unfit

PurpleReign

Social culture unfit

Thanks for your response. Is there any way in particular that I came off that they thought wasn’t compatible? I researched the company and practiced a lot, so I wonder if the Merc in Cancer in the 2nd offers specifically any detail as to *what* they didn’t like? Was my guess correct that maybe I came off weak (Merc May be a little weak in Cancer)? Furthermore, it was right off the bat. So that’s why I’m even more confused.

ElenaJ

Let's examine you as ascendent, in how you presented yourself. If we do this, what pops out is Neptune in the 10th squaring you the ascendent.
Apparently there was some confusion there about how you were presented. For some reason you didn't ring true to them. Or, you were not seeing the profession as it was, but had some confusion about it.
Gemini is a double sign, a talkative and communicative sign, a mutable sign. So perhaps something in your manner was taking on these hues giving off a false sense of who you are?
In general terms, mercury is in cancer but isn't making any aspects. Not going anywhere.
Not connecting. It is, however, in your money house so maybe you seemed interested in the money overall.
But where was mercury before? It was opposing pluto (8th) and semi-sextile mars (3rd of discussions), both significators of the 6th of the job itself.
So, hypothesis, maybe you were in some way aggressive, pushy, demanding about the salary?
If we use Saturn as the MH, that is the career, it is near south node in the 8th, so again maybe there was a question of money. If we add Uranus as co-ruler of the MH, moon is separating from an opposition, so again something about professional image (not preparation) was not clicking.
These are all possibles, based on the chart, not sure if any of these will resonate with you.
Moon on the 6th cusp will next reach Jupiter, ruler of the other candidate, so in any case this was the final choice, not mercury.

PurpleReign

Thank you, Elena! I don’t think it had to do with the money, though. The salary was set as was discussed and agreed upon during the first interview I had with another interviewer. It was never really brought up again during the second or third interview. I appreciate your detailed feedback and thanks again!

Sunrise

Hi,

PR
the job goes to others, because Saturn (Job) meets :)conjunct:)Jupiter (opponents) with antiscion.