Will he call me today - Did I get the reading right?

DiDi

Its a pretty hard ask here

I cant think that anyone could say if he will call today!!

when ive had charts where the person has called someone.. their 3rd ruler has been on the asc.. there are other aspects to look at but that one is fullproof along with signifyers aspecting that is.

squares point to a no

moon will hit pof soon, he may call then

DiDi

youd have to be the best astrologer in the world to to get that question right.... thats what i was saying

to pin a chart down to will someone call that same day as the chart posted... would be a miracle

dr. farr

youd have to be the best astrologer in the world to to get that question right.... thats what i was saying

to pin a chart down to will someone call that same day as the chart posted... would be a miracle

I must strongly agree with Didi in this outlook-holds true, at least in my experience, in Tarot as well.

DiDi

thanks for the feedback

the question was "is he going to call today"
He didnt call that day.. so the square still stands!

In the past i would think a square is still an aspect but it turns out in horays as a no aspect... just my opinion
glad you got you call thou:biggrin:

dr. farr

Here is a perfect example of the specific time problem in horary (and other forms of divination which I have applied: geomancy, Tarot, I Ching)
In the reference chart (using my eclectic method and whole sign format) he = 7th = Aries = Mars; querent = 1st = Libra = Venus; HIS communication = 3rd from 7th = Gemini = Mercury (ruler of such things as telephonic communications)
Now, relating to the question: Gemini/Mercury as significator of HIS communications indicate short rather than long potential time frames (Gemini as mutable air, Mercury as the swiftest planet, after the Moon); so a "short" time frame signifies HIS communications (with the querent) Had the specific question been, "Will he call me soon?" or "Will he call me shortly?" the answer would (by my method) have been clearly "yes":
-Mercury chases both significators
-Venus chases Mars
-Mercury prominent in the 11th house, the house of friendship and good spirit
-the 4th house of the chart (likely end of the matter) vis a vis querent, posits the Dragon's Head (North Node)
-all the above are + testimonies; only the Moon seperating (fleeing) the above significators would (in my method) be a negative testimony; so 4 + and 1- testimonies = net +3, which would be a "yes" answer, FOR A "SOON/SHORTLY" question (even with the 8 Ball, taking the 3rd from the 7th as significator, would have yielded a yes answer by 8 Ball "rules")
However, the specific time asked about in this horary, "today", did NOT result in a call! So technically the delineated response would have been wrong. See what I mean (and DiDi too) about exact-timing questions? From my experience in divination I am absolutely convinced that we cannot translate cosmic time indications into EXACT, specific time frames (possibly we can do so down to a period of several days, but not to within a 24 hour period)

Gsoler

I agree with Dr Farr. Even though you can see in a chart some indications of timing, it is probably the most difficult thing to predict with great accuracy. Sometimes you do get ways to ascertain timing, but even if you do, always remember that its just a probability, however great it may be.

SagiCap

I must strongly agree with Didi in this outlook-holds true, at least in my experience, in Tarot as well.

Sorry to ask a somewhat unrelated question on your thread, Appollonnia.

Dr. Farr, how do you determine this question with Tarot?

Last edited:

RayAustin

The no isn't very hard to see. There's no aspects to the quesited (Mercury, Mars). Venus is in a terrible state in the twelfth house in Virgo.

the question was "is he going to call today"
He didnt call that day.. so the square still stands!

In the past i would think a square is still an aspect but it turns out in horays as a no aspect... just my opinion
The square didn't stand for anything significant in the first place, so it shouldn't be taken to mean "square=no". The planets involved in the square were both the querent's significators. It probably demonstrates disappointment in not be called.

dr. farr

Dr. Farr, how do you determine this question with Tarot?

The reference to the Tarot was only to say that Tarot, like horary, has problems pinning time down to exactness. You will notice in my post that indications for his calling SOON were positive-the prediction was in fact that he would call SOON. But the point I made in that post was that to say he would call exactly THAT day, is trying to pin the time down too exactly, and in this opinion (actually experience) of mine I was joined by Didi and Gsoler.
He did call SOON (within 3 days of the question according to the OP), as the example horary in my post indicated-and essentially in my post I was saying that you can't pin time down to precise exactness (less than 24 hours) with horary or with divinatory methods like the Tarot...

Last edited: