What is a strong moon in Vedic?

cocoloco

What make a Moon strong in Vedic astrology?
My moon is in Aquarius, in the 4th house. Would that be considered strong or weak?

12933035_10156634829535408_8525667269643635193_n.jpg

RaRohini

My moon is in Aquarius, in the 4th house. Would that be considered strong or weak?

12933035_10156634829535408_8525667269643635193_n.jpg

I would say vedic consideres Moon in Taurus to be exalted.. Moon in Cancer is in its own house.
Moon in Aquarius is quite a 'cold'moon, but it has its' advantages.

cocoloco

Thank you, for your response. Is the moon the most important in Vedic astrology? In Western, it is the ascendant. What determines your appearance in Vedic?

mathur_dinesh

The strength of Moon in Vedic astrology primarily depends on its distance from the Sun in the birth chart. If it is a new Moon or it is within about 80 deg of the Sun it is a weak Moon.

RaRohini

So mine would be weak then?

Hi !
Depends on what we mean by 'weak'. By 'strong' moon, i am assuming it means that it 'reflects'the sun very well. Meaning that the emotions of the soul are able to be expressed well. If you read your entire chart, it may show that you NEED your moon to be 'cold' to follow this path. Aquarius moon in 4th house may have 'different' or 'unique' opinions about the concept of 'home' or 'homeland' and the opinion may not be based on 'emotion' but rather on 'brotherhood for all'.which degree is the moon?

cocoloco

Hi !
Depends on what we mean by 'weak'. By 'strong' moon, i am assuming it means that it 'reflects'the sun very well. Meaning that the emotions of the soul are able to be expressed well. If you read your entire chart, it may show that you NEED your moon to be 'cold' to follow this path. Aquarius moon in 4th house may have 'different' or 'unique' opinions about the concept of 'home' or 'homeland' and the opinion may not be based on 'emotion' but rather on 'brotherhood for all'.which degree is the moon?
The moon is 10 degree, 4th house
I attached my Vedic chart.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475141019728.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475141019728.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

muchacho

The Moon gets maximum directional strength in the 4th.

Thank you, for your response. Is the moon the most important in Vedic astrology? In Western, it is the ascendant. What determines your appearance in Vedic?

Lagna, Moon and Sun.

So mine would be weak then?

I suggest you read a little on Shadbala. There are different kinds of strength. What's the Shadbala count of your Moon?

cocoloco

It is actually a fifth house moon. Ketu conjunct lagna.

I checked another site, and it showed 4th house Moon in Aquarius for Vedic too. I am so confused lol. Yea, I know my Ketu is conjunct lagna. I attached the signs.
I would have to say family wise, I relate to the description of 4th house moon in Aquarius better. For example family is important to me, and my mom had been there for me pretty much baby- ing me my whole life, she is my teacher and best friend. She gives me advice, and helped me in all my trying time. The strange thing is we do not show emotion of affection for each other. Rarely hugs, kisses, or "I love u". But we love each other, and show it in the things we do for one another.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475169908107.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475169908107.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

cocoloco

The Moon gets maximum directional strength in the 4th.

Lagna, Moon and Sun.

I suggest you read a little on Shadbala. There are different kinds of strength. What's the Shadbala count of your Moon?

No, clue what Shadbala is, I tried reading about it but they used Indisn terms lol.

astrodranjna

Moon in Vedic Astrology represents minds, mother, water on earth, liquids in our body, pearls, milk, dairy business, cattle, rice, silver, speculative ideas etc. Moon owns Cancer sign but exalted in Taurus and debilitated in Scorpio. Waxing Moon is considered a benefic and waning Moon a Weak. Waxing Moon means moving towards a full moon. Waning Moon means past full and moving toward a new moon. The moon has no light of its own. It shines only by the reflected light of the Sun. The Sun is the Soul/source of energy. The Sun is the generator of power whereas Moon is conductor of power reflected by the Sun. The brighter the Moon (waxing Moon), the more of Soul is reflected back. Sun represents individuality whereas Moon shows one's personality. Therefore, bright Moon of Shukla Paksha is benefic, dark Moon of Krishna Paksha is malefic. Person with a waxing moon has more opportunities in life to explore and expand their resources, on the other hand A waning moon is more about dispersion or spreading of knowledge/resources to others. So waxing moon is considered more benefice to the native, the waning moon is more beneficial to others. In nutshell we can say that a waning Moon is less effective than waxing moon but not malefic.

RaRohini

Moon in Vedic Astrology represents minds, mother, water on earth, liquids in our body, pearls, milk, dairy business, cattle, rice, silver, speculative ideas etc. Moon owns Cancer sign but exalted in Taurus and debilitated in Scorpio. Waxing Moon is considered a benefic and waning Moon a Weak. Waxing Moon means moving towards a full moon. Waning Moon means past full and moving toward a new moon. The moon has no light of its own. It shines only by the reflected light of the Sun. The Sun is the Soul/source of energy. The Sun is the generator of power whereas Moon is conductor of power reflected by the Sun. The brighter the Moon (waxing Moon), the more of Soul is reflected back. Sun represents individuality whereas Moon shows one's personality. Therefore, bright Moon of Shukla Paksha is benefic, dark Moon of Krishna Paksha is malefic. Person with a waxing moon has more opportunities in life to explore and expand their resources, on the other hand A waning moon is more about dispersion or spreading of knowledge/resources to others. So waxing moon is considered more benefice to the native, the waning moon is more beneficial to others. In nutshell we can say that a waning Moon is less effective than waxing moon but not malefic.

That is well put astrodranjna. Most astrologers use the word malefic.To the native,the word 'malefic' makes it look as if it is dreary.May not be so. There is fun in that too. I myself have Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna Paksha close to the sun.. malefic moon . But great fun ! Just have fun with your moon coco.

cocoloco

That is well put astrodranjna. Most astrologers use the word malefic.To the native,the word 'malefic' makes it look as if it is dreary.May not be so. There is fun in that too. I myself have Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna Paksha close to the sun.. malefic moon . But great fun ! Just have fun with your moon coco.

Lol, thanks. I think my moon is waning, not 100% sure. However, I read that Moon in the 5th loves gambling and games, that is not true for me. However, my dad was a gambleholic, not my mom. Because he had a gambling problem and my parents divorced because of that, I never liked to gamble.

What is Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna Pasha?

RaRohini

Kurt Cobain.
Ha ha ..sorry your chart reminded me of his musical genius.

Quite a dreeeamy chart yours is.Very Musically or artistically inclined.
Kurt Cobain of Nirvana had Sun in Aqua Shatabhisha, Moon in Gemini Ardra ( let me double check this). Rahu in Aries Bharani the musician.Saturn in Pisces Uttarabhadra the ocean of consiousness..
Get the connect with your chart?