How do these planets work together in my 2nd house?

Beautiful Ending

The 2nd house in my chart has always confused me as I have four different planets in there, :jupiter: + :neptune: in :capricorn: and :uranus: + :moon: in :aquarius:. The reason it's confused me is because I'm not sure how they all work together as their meanings are very different.

Could anyone offer me some insight?

Attachments

• It's my birth chart and I can cry if I want to.jpg
    It's my birth chart and I can cry if I want to.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 26

retinoid

According to whole sign you have 2 planets there (Jupiter and Neptune). Jupiter is not good in Capricorn and it is afflicted. You may spend a lot of money or money could disappear keeping you from attaining sustainable wealth. You will enjoy luxury. Your career and career income should be good though. You shouldn't let anyone handle your personal finances or they will take advantage of it.

JUPITERASC

fwiw IMO the outer planets are generational and not personal - here's a link to a thread with a debate on the subject http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39021

Jupiter is the only one of the seven visible planets located in your second house. Your natal Jupiter in Capricorn is in the domicile of Saturn and is in square with Saturn

Saturn brings delay.

Your natal Mercury and Sun are also in square/challenging aspect with your natal Jupiter

Your natal Venus trines your natal Jupiter from the domicile of Mercury. Your natal Mercury is in Venus domicile so Venus and Mercury are in Mutual reception and assist each other

"The 11th century Arabic astrologer Al-Biruni described reception as a planet arriving in the dignities of another and offering it a compliment - such as 'your servant' or 'neighbour'. In giving the visitor 'a reception' there is an implication of tolerance and attention from the host, as well as an element of influence and control"
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html:smile:

OnTheCusp

Hi there!

I took a gander. :)

What an interesting chart you have! No wonder you have questions. That's a toughie.

Although Neptune and Uranus and the conjunction they held then are generational due to their slow speed, their house position IS very important.

First though, there is a somewhat elaborate set up in your chart with Pluto hovering over the Asc and Saturn on the IC. By Solar Arc, Saturn would hit right away and then Pluto would hit a few years later.

This along with many other things in the chart point towards a very traumatic event or period of time in your early years, most likely having to do with a drastic turn of financial/security means.

Does that ring a bell?

The 2dn house is all about possessions--it's very Taurean. It's the most earthy house, and it's here where we as babies learn issues relating to self-worth. It doesn't represent home, but does represent mom's movable things. We can see all the tension between the 10th house stellium in Libra where your sun resides, so we know there's a story there...

The Moon-Uranus plus Neptune is quite complex as you've mentioned. In general, the Uranius contact suggests (and supports) the idea that there was something really traumatic that happened in early life. This may have been an severe as witnessing the death of a sibling, or perhaps a parent who abandoned the family. As a result, partly, your emotional life is VERY independent, almost to a fault. A defense mechanism.

I find your Bronte quote very interesting. When I read it I kept thinking "who is she SAYING this too?" Already we get a sense of the Uranus-Moon part to you. Then of course there's Neptune--another very Bronte-esque theme (kind of mysterious, confusing, secretive, intriguing).

Out of all the quotes in all the world, why did you pick that one? Are you an orphan or do you identify with one?

So a quick glance at the quote and your AMAZING 10th house shows you are born to write and become the next JK Rowling or something (wasn't she homeless at one point? I digress). The problem, however, and this is where Neptune, Jupiter and all the red lines come into play.

I get a sense that in your current life, you're in a "weird" place where you "convince" yourself you're secure (whether by surrounding yourself with things or by always having a rich tactile living situation about you). This is a direct consequence of whatever happened to you as a child.

Another person mentioned the Jupiter influence and overspending. I don't get a strong sense that there is reckless spending, but rather a (much welcomed) overall blessing that serves to help you at this time. There is likely a certain ease that prevents all the "electricity" plus puddles (Uranus-Moon-Neptune) from causing too much damage.

My concern would be that you're not doing enough to ACTUALLY get to that 10th house. That due to all the gunk from the past, it was too scary or risky to figure out how to climb that far up. A compromise was reached in the form of "making lemonade". So I would expect you to "bounce" about, act very creative and artsy, intense, occasionally very academic and then wild and sexual, etc. Your "brand" would be all about "not caring" and movement and nonchalance and "ART" and so on...

But deep down you know the boost from Jupiter won't last forever, and that ultimately you're still in the same "place". You know you're not where you want to be, not even close.

I want to read some of your stuff!!

Here's another one from Jane for you:

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will."

Beautiful Ending

retinoid: I hold my hands up (don't shoot me), I do spend more money than I should but I can't help it. Thanks!

JUPITERASC: Wouldn't they have a personal effect on me though as they're in a personal house (1-4) and are making aspects (both square sun, uranus conjunct moon) to personal planets? Thanks anyway, very helpful and the debate was an interesting read.

OnTheCusp: You're very good at this, you've hit the nail on the head with practially everything; round of applause to you! *deleted*

You know you're not where you want to be, not even close.
This hit the nail right on the head! I have literally been ruining my own life and if it continues I have no idea what I will do with myself. I just need someone to literally slap me and shake me back to reality. Any offers? If not I'll just post an ad on Gumtree. :lol:

Last edited: