Missing friend, is she ok?

Spicadilly

A g/f and I are worried about our friend who is abroad. She doesn't reply to emails and her mobile and home phones are switched off. We don't have contact details for her family or other people so we are stuck and worried about her state. Maybe she doesn't want to talk but we want to knwo if at least she is ok.

She gets the 11th so Saturn in Libra, that sounds good but I am lost on counting her houses from the 11th so can't even tell in which house Saturn falls in. Saturn is synching with the Nodes in her h12 so something is out of her hand. Moon hidden in the 12th showing we don't know what is up with her and the Moon won't aspect for a long time, a cj to Jupiter me I assume?

Thank you for your help.

Spica

Attachments

• is she ok 4.jpg
    is she ok 4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 52

fensi88

Yes, your friend is 11 house ruler, Sa in exaltation, but under the Sunbeams. It was once reckoned unfavorable though not as much so as combust. Her ruler is in her 9th house, fiting with her situation, she is abroad. But she can not see cleary her situation. Her actions are for some reason secret, or, because Su is ruler of her 8 house might be she has some health problems.

BobZemco

A g/f and I are worried about our friend who is abroad. She doesn't reply to emails and her mobile and home phones are switched off. We don't have contact details for her family or other people so we are stuck and worried about her state. Maybe she doesn't want to talk but we want to knwo if at least she is ok.

She gets the 11th so Saturn in Libra, that sounds good but I am lost on counting her houses from the 11th so can't even tell in which house Saturn falls in. Saturn is synching with the Nodes in her h12 so something is out of her hand. Moon hidden in the 12th showing we don't know what is up with her and the Moon won't aspect for a long time, a cj to Jupiter me I assume?

Thank you for your help.

Spica

There are different approaches to this. Zael and Abu Ma'shar say if the person has no idea that you are asking about them, they get the 1st House always (ie if you're friend said, "I'm going to Pakistan and I'll send you an e-mail whenever I can, but if you don't hear from me for more than 30 days see what happened" -- in that case the person "sent" you or knows you'll ask so they would get the whatever house signifies them and you would be the 1st House).

Lily and Gadbury say you always use the proper significators by relationship.

Bonatti seems to be ambivalent about it.

Assuming your friend doesn't know you would seek to discover what has happened to her, she would be the 1st House signified by Jupiter in the 1st House and all is well.

If you use the other method, then the 11th House and Saturn are the significators and the 11th House becomes the "Ascendant" and you use derived houses.

So Saturn in the 4th House (the Chart's 2nd House) or 8th House (the Chart's 6th House) would indicate your friend is dead.

Saturn happens to be in the Chart's 7th House which is your friend's 9th House which means she's gone and will be for some time longer, but she is okay.

The secondary significator is the Moon which is in her 2nd House (the Chart's 12th House) in an applying opposition to Mercury without Reception, and Mercury is in her 8th House and rules her 5th House so it looks like she might be having some money issues. Saturn and Moon in Movable (Cardinal) Signs she shouldn't be gone too much longer.

Spicadilly

I appreciate you coming back on this Bob and thanks for giving clear steps to your thinking. We've got to wait and see when she gets back. No she doesn't know or I assume she doesn't know I would be asking.

I do wonder if you think I am represented in the chart since I asked the question?

Spica

BobZemco

If she would be the 11th House, then you would be 1st as Querent.

We see that Jupiter has separated from an opposition with Saturn without Reception on the 1/7 Axis. Did you have a disagreement before she left?

If she would be the 1st House then I think you would be the 7th House (I have to think about that one). That would make Mercury's last aspect with Jupiter either a trine out of the Fire Signs or a trine out of the Water Signs.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Thought I'd see what the Ankara tradition would say about this question (the excellent-as-usual delineations by Mr. Zemco and by Goca, above, stand firmly on their own merits)

-following Al-Biruni, 7th house = quesited person
-this is Virgo, its significator Mercury
-Mercury is strong by placement (in a pivot) and domicile = + testimony
-the vitalizing Sun, and the Part of Fortune, are both also posited in quesited's sign which = very + testimony (regarding the question is she alright)
-Mercury approaches Sun (she approaches vitalizing Life symbol = Sun) = + testimony
-Part of Fortune, posited in quesited's sign, is also (@4Virgo) in an elevated degree, which amplifies its benefic influence: further very significant + testimony
-quesited's health status is 6th from the 7th = Aquarius = Saturn significator
-Saturn posited in its exlatation in Libra: + testimony for the health
-quesited's significator Mercury flows toward Saturn = + testimony

Problem: Moon flows away from Saturn and is sign-opposite Mercury, Part of Fortune and Sun: this is - testimony, but not enough to outweigh the numerous other + testimonies in theisanalysis. I interpret this "Moon situation" as indicating that her travelling (or other activities abroad) is distracting her and is having somewhat of a stressing effect upon her, but this does not amount to anything like harmful or health-endangering effects.

Spicadilly

Bob, we didn't have a disagreement.

Dr Farr, thank you for your input!

All in all, she is okish so I will sit tight for her news :smile:.

BobZemco

Bob, we didn't have a disagreement.

Dr Farr, thank you for your input!

All in all, she is okish so I will sit tight for her news :smile:.

Okay, then it appears the 11th House works best as a Significator here. According to Lily, you should here something in about 8 weeks.

Spicadilly

Update: my friend got in touch yesterday so almost 5 weeks. She was in hospital all this time for blood infection and others stopping her from walking, they didn't think she would make it but thankfully she did.

The timing is totally off in this chart. I guess her being in exaltation shows she made it after all.

fensi88

Yes, your friend is 11 house ruler, Sa in exaltation, but under the Sunbeams. It was once reckoned unfavorable though not as much so as combust. Her ruler is in her 9th house, fiting with her situation, she is abroad. But she can not see cleary her situation. Her actions are for some reason secret, or, because Su is ruler of her 8 house might be she has some health problems.

So, I was right. Regarding timing, this chart you can not use for timing because your question was not about that!!

dr. farr

In the Ankara horary tradition (which I mostly follow) the "validity" or "time-frame" parameter of a given horary is determined according to the ascending sign. Here, the ascending sign is Pisces; checking Pisces in the "Zodiacal Time-Frame Parameters" thread (Horary Technique forum) we find a minimum time-frame of 30 days. This would make the horary timing pretty close to the "almost 5 weeks" which elapsed from the asking of the horary until hearing from her friend.