Missing Person

waybread

The moon is really important in horary. It symbolizes your (as the querent) emotional stake in the matter, and is often used as another signifier of the querent. Of course, if a house of interest has Cancer on the cusp, then the moon would also signify that house's affairs. Because the moon moves so quickly relative to the other planets, she is sort of the queen of the action.

(Natal charts are like static snapshots. Horary charts are more dynamic.)

OK, so in your most recent chart, you are symbolized by Mars (traditional ruler of Scorpio rising; possibly also Pluto, the modern ruler,) but secondarily by Jupiter, because we see it in the first house of the querent (you.)

I'll put Peggy in the 7th house. We see Taurus on the cusp, ruled by Venus; and also secondarily the sun.

When our question concerns somebody else, we may need to "turn" the chart. We don't want to know if you're in the cemetery. We want to know if the missing person is buried in the cemetery. This may seem a little complicated, but basically it involves setting up a derivative chart. Usually you can just do this mentally; but if it's helpful, you could sketch out a secondary derived chart. Interestingly if we set Peggy equal to the 7th house, and count 8 houses (the 8th is the house of death) from the 7th (starting with #7 as #1) we find the radix (root) chart having Saturn in Capricorn in her turned 8th house.

Again, Kristap, I define myself as an intermediate at this, and I am an amateur astrologer overall, so I wouldn't my reading to be taken to the police or Peggy's loved ones.

But-- if two of the signifiers (actually, they're called "significators") have a conjunction, trine, or sextile, that's usually one indicator (testimony) of a "yes." Again, if the aspect is separating or a hard aspect (square or opposition,) that's not such a positive testimony. A hard aspect may well come about, but not in a good way.

What we see, though (recalling cemeteries as ruled by Saturn, Capricorn, Pluto, and or Capricorn) and that one of Peggy's signifiers is the 7th house sun) is an exact trine between the sun and Pluto. The moon's next aspect is a square to Saturn.

I just looked up "burials" and they are also ruled by Saturn.

Saturn is probably the strongest planet it this chart, "domiciled" in the sign that it rules.

Venus (Peggy's significator) is located in the 8th house of death.

This chart also suggests the missing woman/her remains are in a north by northeast direction from her home or where she was last seen.

In Gemini, Venus is ruled by Mercury, in Peggy's turned 12th house of secrets and deception (the radix 6th house.) Mercury's next aspect is a square to Mars in Capricorn (a slight, dark-haired man,) who may be a suspect.

I'd give your question a "yes", but in the hope more experienced horary astrologers will lend their expertise.

Please let me know what happens with this case.

Last edited:

waybread

Ok so if I am the querent, I am the 1st house signified by jupiter in scorpio (and ruled by scorpio, incidentally i AM a scorpio, not sure if that matters)? And since I don't know her she would be the 7th house which is signified by the sun in taurus? Ruled by taurus (since taurus is on the cusp of the 7th?)

Some astrologers don't like to mix horary and natal charts, but others find that if you see strong connections between the two, that this lends more credibility to the horary reading.

In traditional astrology your primary significator would be Mars, the traditional ruler of Scorpio. In modern astrology it would be Pluto. But you are secondarily represented by the first house Jupiter. I don't suppose that either 9 or 21 degrees of Scorpio is significant in your chart? (Degree rising, degree of Jupiter.)

Also from before, the 8th house represents death, which is venus in gemini?
Am I looking at all that correctly??

Right. Note that Mercury rules the house cusp.

Saturn is in the 2nd house in capricorn ruled by saggitarius
Pluto is also in capricorn ruled by capricorn in the 3rd house
Jupiter is in scorpio ruled by scorpio in the first house
All have an R so I am guess they are all in retro????

Not sure how to put that all together yet but looks like house 1, 2 and 3 are full of cemetery...? [/quote]

Yes. Since Saturn is probably the main traditional ruler of burials and cemeteries, and is extra-strong in its own sign of Capricorn, I think it's the one to watch. But Pluto was the Roman god of the underworld. The radix (root) second house is Peggy's turned 8th house of death (8th from the 7th, starting with the radix 7th house as the turned house #1.)

**oh wait, the "ruled by" isn't what is in the outer circle but what is on your list? What is the outer circle in the chart then?**

Not sure what you mean by "outer circle." I note that horoscopic astrology has been around for over 2000 years, long before Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto were discovered. This is why a lot of rulerships are given to the planets known prior to the late 18th century.

Sunny

Hi Waybread,

you are right, I did the mistake between "house" and "sign" but meant for sure the sign (for Neptune in Pisces, of course).
I'll answer you a little bit later as I have to take more time for it.
And NO, you are not coming across as too critical here, I like your postings! :smile:

muchacho

Thank you for all your help.... Funny you mention cemeteries, I did get a vision of an actual cemetery. When I connected with the person of interests deceased grandfather, he told me she was buried with him as he passed around that same time and the person of interest owns the cemetery, so it would be easy for that to happen....

Also there is so much water around that area, but the dirty water aspect helps narrow it down a bit...

Thank you for all your help.

Is it possible to do a chart and ask another question about if the property is public or private? Would that work if I did another chart or would that be something to specific to figure out?
Since the significator is in Scorpio that would mean stagnant water, not flowing water like a brook or a river and also not a huge body of water like a lake or the sea. So it's more like murky and swampy or very deep underground. Or a sewer. So check how that may fit with the landscape there.

Since the significator is in the 3rd house, that would mean the everyday environment, our neighborhood, something in the vicinity of our house, or the area that covers our daily round.

Kristap

Since the significator is in Scorpio that would mean stagnant water, not flowing water like a brook or a river and also not a huge body of water like a lake or the sea. So it's more like murky and swampy or very deep underground. Or a sewer. So check how that may fit with the landscape there.

Since the significator is in the 3rd house, that would mean the everyday environment, our neighborhood, something in the vicinity of our house, or the area that covers our daily round.

I may be over thinking this but would the water be stagnant at the time the question was asked since that is where the data is or the time of disappearance?

I ask because there is a nearby water source that is normally stagnant but in the last couple weeks I am told by the family that it is now high and "moving" so I just want to clarify we are in the right area..

Kristap

The moon is really important in horary. It symbolizes your (as the querent) emotional stake in the matter, and is often used as another signifier of the querent. Of course, if a house of interest has Cancer on the cusp, then the moon would also signify that house's affairs. Because the moon moves so quickly relative to the other planets, she is sort of the queen of the action.

(Natal charts are like static snapshots. Horary charts are more dynamic.)

OK, so in your most recent chart, you are symbolized by Mars (traditional ruler of Scorpio rising; possibly also Pluto, the modern ruler,) but secondarily by Jupiter, because we see it in the first house of the querent (you.)

I'll put Peggy in the 7th house. We see Taurus on the cusp, ruled by Venus; and also secondarily the sun.

When our question concerns somebody else, we may need to "turn" the chart. We don't want to know if you're in the cemetery. We want to know if the missing person is buried in the cemetery. This may seem a little complicated, but basically it involves setting up a derivative chart. Usually you can just do this mentally; but if it's helpful, you could sketch out a secondary derived chart. Interestingly if we set Peggy equal to the 7th house, and count 8 houses (the 8th is the house of death) from the 7th (starting with #7 as #1) we find the radix (root) chart having Saturn in Capricorn in her turned 8th house.

Again, Kristap, I define myself as an intermediate at this, and I am an amateur astrologer overall, so I wouldn't my reading to be taken to the police or Peggy's loved ones.

But-- if two of the signifiers (actually, they're called "significators") have a conjunction, trine, or sextile, that's usually one indicator (testimony) of a "yes." Again, if the aspect is separating or a hard aspect (square or opposition,) that's not such a positive testimony. A hard aspect may well come about, but not in a good way.

What we see, though (recalling cemeteries as ruled by Saturn, Capricorn, Pluto, and or Capricorn) and that one of Peggy's signifiers is the 7th house sun) is an exact trine between the sun and Pluto. The moon's next aspect is a square to Saturn.

I just looked up "burials" and they are also ruled by Saturn.

Saturn is probably the strongest planet it this chart, "domiciled" in the sign that it rules.

Venus (Peggy's significator) is located in the 8th house of death.

This chart also suggests the missing woman/her remains are in a north by northeast direction from her home or where she was last seen.

In Gemini, Venus is ruled by Mercury, in Peggy's turned 12th house of secrets and deception (the radix 6th house.) Mercury's next aspect is a square to Mars in Capricorn (a slight, dark-haired man,) who may be a suspect.

I'd give your question a "yes", but in the hope more experienced horary astrologers will lend their expertise.

Please let me know what happens with this case.

Hi Waybread

Thanks for explaining things to me and for your patience. I do appreciate it. Hoping to find some time this weekend to do the online course you sent the link to, and get a couple books you recommended...

As far as the case, I am not sure it will go anywhere since the cemetery is privately owned by the "person of interests" family. The family is a big name in that area, the county is named after them. And one of the relatives is sheriff.. The person of interest is/was her bf or husband, i am still not clear if they were married.. He won't allow her family to see the son, so its a pretty messy case...

And since you can't just go digging up any cemetery, I guess the next thing I need is to find proof to be able to take to the family so they can have something at some point to go to the authorities and take the proper steps to possibly exume the grandfathers casket or whatever needs to be done... I say grandfathers casket because that is what I had gotten from the spirit when I connected before I even heard of using astrology. I had never heard of anyone that was murdered being put with a family members casket so I thought I had connected with a lower entity but given what the stars are pointing to, i guess it is possible, and if you think about it, he had the ability to do so and the means... and it is the perfect place to put a dead body you don't want being found...

lol stay tuned for the next question (chart) when I have more time to formulate my question about proof...

***By proof, I mean evidence****

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks, Kristap.

I just checked amazon and they have several books listed on forensic astrology:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...prefix=forensic+as,aps,221&crid=2OSV2PXWHWM7L

Actually, after my mother died and was cremated, my siblings and I wanted to have her urn of ashes buried next to my grandparents' graves. This was in a small rural town cemetery where some of her other family members were buried. We had to go through a huge amount of paper work to get permission for this, working through a local funeral home. As my widowed mother's daughter, it turns out that for burial purposes, I wasn't even considered the next-of-kin: my surviving ageing aunt had to sign off that this was OK. My mother's ashes were not buried in one of the grandparents' caskets, but right behind them, in a deep hole dug for the internment.

However, if your case were a clandestine burial in a private cemetery, none of this paperwork would exist.

Maybe I've read too many Kathy Reichs "Bones" series of murder mysteries about forensic anthropology, but I would think that at least within half a year after a burial, the ground would still be somewhat disturbed. Two years later, probably not.

In terms of the location of the cemetery from Peggy's home or last known whereabouts (which I think should be north-by-northeast) you might get this off of Google Earth or something like Mapquest, if you've got her street address and ask it to locate the cemetery (as though you planned to drive there from her home.) I'm a bit hesitant because in a turned chart, the directions would be the opposite.

However, I got a lot of coaching from a good horary astrologer on another astrology site, who recommended using a plain reading of the radix chart as much as possible.

In terms of pinpointing a location within a cemetery, I've not seen a question like this, but you could ask something like, "Are Peggy's remains buried with her grandfather in this cemetery?" You could also ask, "Did her husband/BF murder her?"

These aren't identical to what you've asked up to now. It helps if you know whether it was her maternal or paternal grandfather, as it makes a difference in terms of which house to use.

Anyway, it's been good for me to interact with you. I've learned a lot. Hopefully justice will be served.

Your deep concern for the victim just shines off the page and in the charts, incidentally.

Last edited:

Kristap

So after the last chart seemed to answer my question with a seeming yes to my question about her being in the cemetery, I now need to be able to find proof (evidence) in order to be able to do anything in the private cemetery...

So I asked for proof to solve the Peggy M case...

Let me see how far I can take this on my own... with guidance of course.
I am the quarrent - 1st house - with virgo on the cusp - Virgo is ruled by Mercury?
Peggy is questied the 7th house - Pisces on the cusp ruled by Jupiter?

Since we are looking for her and not me, we flip it so she is 1st house, which would put her 8th (death) house at the cusp of libra and ruled by venus?

Since we are not actually looking for death information but on proof or evidence, what house should I be looking at for that. (her flipped 8th is empty)

I am going to try to do some research and see if I can tell what house to look at while I wait for a response... I know I also need to look at the moon?

I was just researching online and found a site that said "A planet within 8 degrees of the Sun is combust which may have a detrimental effect on the influence of the planet." - when I look at the chart i just did, at the 9th house, Mars is 1 degree from the sun and also jupiter is 8 degrees from the sun, so I assume they are combust? And what exactly does that mean and what does it mean for the question?

Attachments

• peggyproof.jpg
    peggyproof.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

waybread

Hi again.

We are advancing above my pay grade, but I'll do my best-- while you wait for those books to arrive.

A combust planet is conjunct the sun. Other aspects don't count. Supposedly the sun's rays scorch or toast its adjacent planet, which is thereby weakened. A significator conjunct the sun would be in a very weakened condition.

Yes, you are symbolized by Mercury. But this chart has a particular issue. Horary astrologers talk about "considerations against judgement." Oftentimes this doesn't mean that the chart cannot be read, just that there are problems in giving it a normal reading.

One common consideration is the early degree rising. Charts with the first or last three degrees rising have some kind of issue reading the chart. Here, it generally means, "It's too soon to tell."

This may be because your question wasn't completely well formulated when you posed it, and would have benefited from more deliberation. Or, perhaps events are still in a preliminary stage, so it's too soon to tell.

Without any leads, I'm a bit flummoxed as to which house to look at for evidence.

Evidence might be the body or physical remains-- or Peggy showing up somehow.

It might be a confession from a murderer.

It might be circumstantial, like the husband buying a gun just prior to the murder, withdrawing the money from her bank account and then seen spending money on something that the neighbours think is beyond his means. If she had any resources, would your suspect have been the beneficiary?

All of these would show up differently in a horoscope.

Then I'm not sure if we turn the chart or read it straight-up.

But one thing that strikes me is how often the 3rd house shows up. This house rules communications, as well as people and places close to home, like neighbours, siblings, and local travel. It also rules students and elementary schools* vs. higher education Communication might be verbal or written, including via the Internet. With Peggy's significator in the third, I would wonder if she left some kind of communication, possibly fearing that someone meant to harm her.

If I look at her turned 3rd house (radix 9th, 3rd from the 7th) we see Mercury (rules communication) up there with Uranus. Uranus would be the modern ruler of electronic communications.

With the moon in her turned 2nd house of money and belongings (2nd from the 7th, radix 8th) and the 8th ruled by Jupiter, possibly money was involved. With Neptune in the 7th house, possibly drugs.

Is there any way to find out, 2 years after Peggy's disappearance, if she's been declared legally dead? If so, I don't know what kind of probate records there might be, or whether they are available to the public.

Sorry I'm not more help, but I sure hope you solve this one. If you're serious about using astrology to solve this case, it might be worth your while hiring a professional astrologer who specializes in forensic cases, just to read the charts you posted here. It's not something that crops up on this forum very often.

I just Googled this missing person case, and learned that Peggy was last seen dropping off her sun at elementary school* and that her car showed up 2 days later in a local bar parking lot. This is local, 3rd house stuff.

BTW, A book you might enjoy reading is David Grann, Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI. This is a "true crime" history, taking place in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

Kristap

Hi again.

We are advancing above my pay grade, but I'll do my best-- while you wait for those books to arrive.

A combust planet is conjunct the sun. Other aspects don't count. Supposedly the sun's rays scorch or toast its adjacent planet, which is thereby weakened. A significator conjunct the sun would be in a very weakened condition.

Yes, you are symbolized by Mercury. But this chart has a particular issue. Horary astrologers talk about "considerations against judgement." Oftentimes this doesn't mean that the chart cannot be read, just that there are problems in giving it a normal reading.

One common consideration is the early degree rising. Charts with the first or last three degrees rising have some kind of issue reading the chart. Here, it generally means, "It's too soon to tell."

This may be because your question wasn't completely well formulated when you posed it, and would have benefited from more deliberation. Or, perhaps events are still in a preliminary stage, so it's too soon to tell.

Without any leads, I'm a bit flummoxed as to which house to look at for evidence.

Evidence might be the body or physical remains-- or Peggy showing up somehow.

It might be a confession from a murderer.

It might be circumstantial, like the husband buying a gun just prior to the murder, withdrawing the money from her bank account and then seen spending money on something that the neighbours think is beyond his means. If she had any resources, would your suspect have been the beneficiary?

All of these would show up differently in a horoscope.

Then I'm not sure if we turn the chart or read it straight-up.

But one thing that strikes me is how often the 3rd house shows up. This house rules communications, as well as people and places close to home, like neighbours, siblings, and local travel. It also rules students and elementary schools* vs. higher education Communication might be verbal or written, including via the Internet. With Peggy's significator in the third, I would wonder if she left some kind of communication, possibly fearing that someone meant to harm her.

If I look at her turned 3rd house (radix 9th, 3rd from the 7th) we see Mercury (rules communication) up there with Uranus. Uranus would be the modern ruler of electronic communications.

With the moon in her turned 2nd house of money and belongings (2nd from the 7th, radix 8th) and the 8th ruled by Jupiter, possibly money was involved. With Neptune in the 7th house, possibly drugs.

Is there any way to find out, 2 years after Peggy's disappearance, if she's been declared legally dead? If so, I don't know what kind of probate records there might be, or whether they are available to the public.

Sorry I'm not more help, but I sure hope you solve this one. If you're serious about using astrology to solve this case, it might be worth your while hiring a professional astrologer who specializes in forensic cases, just to read the charts you posted here. It's not something that crops up on this forum very often.

I just Googled this missing person case, and learned that Peggy was last seen dropping off her sun at elementary school* and that her car showed up 2 days later in a local bar parking lot. This is local, 3rd house stuff.

BTW, A book you might enjoy reading is David Grann, Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI. This is a "true crime" history, taking place in Oklahoma.

Thank you for trying. I appreciate all your time. I wonder if the consideration is because I had trouble asking the question and wording it so it wouldn't be to vague. I asked for proof when I really meant evidence... Afterwards I thought maybe I should have asked for evidence... So I bet that is why... I have a lot more questions to get charts on as time permits me to. The more I learn and the more I read the charts (or try to) the more questions come up. It is a very good learning experience for me.

In my heart I believe she is in the graveyard with HIS grandfather, either buried in the casket at the time he was buried or in the plot with him. Now I just need to find the evidence for them to be able to do something about it.

Apparently there was blood found in her truck, but police told the family it was inconclusive... Her "ex" has family on the police force so there is probably some hidden evidence as well as everything else. I just want to be able to help the family find closure.

You had asked if she was legally declared dead, and when I asked the family they said not until 7 years.

Also her cell phone is missing, so any type of electronic communication is also gone.

And yes she dropped off her son at school (elementary school) and was supposed to be meeting her step father after, so she had called him after dropping the kid off at school to let him know she was on the way. She never arrived there..

Maybe if we can find the phone there will be something to be found..

I have started taking the basic course on the skyscript website, and I was able to download the book Christian Astrology v. 1-3 by william lilly, so hopefully as I have time to go through both of those, it will all start to come together for me... I think I am starting to understand the basics of everything, now I just need find the meanings of the planets and signs and I think i will be ok...

Thank you again for your time and patience. I have learned a lot from you... I have a ton more cases I am working on and a bunch more I have that I haven't touched yet, so I am sure as I learn I will have more questions and posts...

Chrysalis

I think you should give peggy first house/mercury in her 8th house with moon.

Your not asking about yourself, so you don't need to be included in the chart.

Merc and mercs dispositor are both ready to change signs, which implies she may be getting moved from current location, especially with merc being close to uranus.

Last edited:

waybread

I think you should give peggy first house/mercury in her 8th house with moon.

Your not asking about yourself, so you don't need to be included in the chart.

Merc and mercs dispositor are both ready to change signs, which implies she may be getting moved from current location, especially with merc being close to uranus.

Chrysalis, I take your point, and I think Barclay said that Lilly would use the first house for a missing person, so there is some precedent. I've been following J. Lee Lehman, The Martial Art of Horary Astrology, who has one known kidnapping case and one missing person case. She says that the missing person couldn't be the one asking the question, so I've followed her examples putting the quesited as the 7th house, on the grounds that basically Peggy is not the querent, i. e., the one asking the question.

However, if we use the first house for the missing person, ruled by Mercury in the first horary chart, it puts Peggy's significator squarely in the 8th house of death.

I would love to see you analyse KristaP's charts, as I would definitely learn something.

Kristap, no problem. I can't promise that I've read the charts correctly, but I hope at least this got you started.

muchacho

So far the horary chart has been confirming the information OP received via ESP. If we should suddenly assign L1 instead of L7 to the missing person, then we will get conflicting information.

Sunny

Hi, Waybread,
so I'll answer to your questions of # 16.

In my several experiences with charts of missing people, which are almost much more difficult to find human persons than missing animals or things, I learned to be more open for the situations of the planets. Therefore I took :venus:in this chart here for a young woman. So Venus is another significator for Peggy. And as she is sitting in the MC, that means for me that she is "nearby". So, that could be the proximity of the querent but also of the question and could mean, that the Answer of this specific question will not be far away.

In all cases of missing people, human persons, we cannot do other things than groping along and not driving right onto the goal. I experienced that a right answer for such a question is never done, unfortunately. Living beings are not so easy to be questioned than things. It's another way when the persons have been already found ant then the analysis of the chart can be done in a retroactively way just for understanding.

I hope this will be clear enough for you?

Greetings :happy:
Sunny

waybread

Sunny, thanks. I can see using Venus for a young woman. I'm less clear on why the MC would mean Peggy's remains would be nearby. I'm getting that, too, but for other reasons. Is this due to Venus in the turned chart's 4th house of "home," in your judgement?

When I started to learn horary astrology a few years ago, I was self-taught, but with some coaching from a former member (Paul) of this forum, who is the horary moderator at Skyscript. I also wanted to learn western traditional astrology, so decided it would be most efficient to learn a more traditional form of horary. Because of this, I've been reluctant to go too far on intuition, and have tended to leave out the modern outer planets, or to use them only as supplementary data points, not as sign rulers.

But as I review Kristap's first chart, I am getting a strong feeling of her identifying with the missing woman, to the point where I feel her role as querent and as someone "right there" with the missing woman are somewhat united. (No, I'm not psychic myself, but if I do get strong sensations from a reading I try to pay attention to them.)

Mercury (significator of the first house) in the 8th seems like a very straightforward testimony that Peggy has died. Mercury's next aspect is a sextile to the moon in her turned 12th house. Mercury's next aspect is a square to Mars (violence? Peggy's partner?) Then finally, a conjunction with Uranus (sudden upset) before it changes signs.

With Mercury this would put Peggy in a south by southwest direction, not north-by-northeast as would be the case were Peggy signified by Jupiter. Aries is associated with dry or sandy places, hilly places, plus others a lot more specialized but relating to the sign's hot-dry qualities. Given the 8th house's association with death, I think this could mean a cemetery.

Chrysalis

Kristap do you not have no background info on this missing person, this would be very helpful in interpreting the chart.

As in the last known location, situation surrounding disappearance etc ?

Chrysalis

Infact do you know the exact time/day she went missing, as this would be a lot more accurate than a horary. You can then check her whereabouts in the event chart at that specific time.

Sorry ive just noticed your event chart..im just full of cold today i can't fully concentrate, ill take a look tomorrow if anything.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Waybread id only use Kristap as 1st house if she was connected to the missing person in someway, as in related/friend or such. If not then K taking 1st house is unnecessary, as she has no link, so doesn't need to be in the chart.

For example, if she was a sister say, she'd take first house, maybe then (as an example) we would see a separating square aspect between L3 and L1, we'd then follow L3 around the chart as to what came after this square aspect between her and her sister.

We need to look at L1/moon and see the separating aspects as to what happened prior/leading up to the missing situation.

But like i've said, i think an actual date/time of the missing person for a chart would be more accurate, which will then enable us to see what happened leading up to/ and afterwards with querent.

Kristap

Infact do you know the exact time/day she went missing, as this would be a lot more accurate than a horary. You can then check her whereabouts in the event chart at that specific time.

Sorry ive just noticed your event chart..im just full of cold today i can't fully concentrate, ill take a look tomorrow if anything.

Hi Chrysalis,

I do have some background info and the date and time of her last contact with her dad before she went missing. She never made it to him.

I am new to astrology so I am not sure how to do an event chart. I am self taught and just learning. Currently going through the online course at the skyscript site...

I used myself in the 1st house because that is the technique the deborah houlding describes in the course... I am the querent so I take the 1st house and the questied takes the 7th... If there is a better way or a different form of astrology that might work better for my purposes of using it for missing person cases, I would love to learn all I can.

waybread

Waybread id only use Kristap as 1st house if she was connected to the missing person in someway, as in related/friend or such. If not then K taking 1st house is unnecessary, as she has no link, so doesn't need to be in the chart.

For example, if she was a sister say, she'd take first house, maybe then (as an example) we would see a separating square aspect between L3 and L1, we'd then follow L3 around the chart as to what came after this square aspect between her and her sister.

We need to look at L1/moon and see the separating aspects as to what happened prior/leading up to the missing situation.

But like i've said, i think an actual date/time of the missing person for a chart would be more accurate, which will then enable us to see what happened leading up to/ and afterwards with querent.

Chrysalis, I am learning, as well. But to me (and following J. Lee Lehman, The Martial art of horary astrology) it's not a question of whether Kristap "needs" to be in the chart. She is in the chart, by virtue of being the one to raise the question/s.

I don't know what you mean by L1, L2, &c. :unsure:

I like your idea that the moon's recent separating aspects could explain events leading up to Peggy's disappearance.

Kristap's first horary (post #7) gives the moon at 25 Aquarius, VOC. It's previous aspects, in order, would be:

a trine to Venus at 17 degrees Gemini in the 10th

a square to the sun at 18 degrees Taurus in the 9th

a square to Jupiter at 18 Scorpio in the third house

a sextile to Mercury in Aries in the 8th.

(I don't use minor aspects or modern outers except as auxilliary data points.)

Apparently Peggy's last known whereabouts were dropping off her son at school. After that she was supposed to visit her father, but never arrived.

Kristap has a nativity for Peggy as well as an event chart for her disappearance in the OP. The times are estimates.

I googled Peggy McGuire and found a certain amount of information. Her family apparently thought her partner (common-law/son's father) should not have custody of the son after Peggy's disappearance, due to his abusive behavior.