Missing Person

Kristap

Hi. I have a missing person case I need help reading the charts. I am still learning and I am still clueless on a lot of the terminology. I may look into a class but right now I am self taught online and new at even that... Its been pretty obvious we are searching for remains but where?

I have attached 3 charts... One is from the "victims" date and time of birth...
The 2nd chart is from the date and time she was last heard from..
The 3rd is the planets and houses of the time she was last heard from..

Through my research on using astrology for missing persons, I had read that Saturn normally points to where the body is - In this case I see saturn in Sag in the 12th house. (Am I reading this wrong? Is that in Scorpio? and the 1st, i am confused because the planet chart)

Can some one please help. Maybe explain to me? I am in contact with family so I can get more information if I am not using the right information..

Attachments

• PeggyDOB.png
    PeggyDOB.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 40
  • PeggyMLastHeardFrom.png
    PeggyMLastHeardFrom.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 42
  • PeggyMLastHeardFrom2.png
    PeggyMLastHeardFrom2.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 27

waybread

Kristap, this might work best as a horary question. I think your question is, "Where is Peggy McGuire?" Or, as Deborah Houlding suggests in the linked article, "Will we find her?" But you might word it differently. Then, to the best of your ability, please cast a chart for the exact time, date, and location when you asked the question. (Which might be some time before you posted your chart.) There are some conventional horary procedures for locating missing objects, pets, and people.

If the person is deceased, presumably the chart will show that.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/missingpersonhoraryexample.html

I will say that Peggy has kind of a difficult-looking natal chart. Do you know if she was attracted to "underworld" types of men with shady or criminal histories? (Venus conjunct Pluto.) Do you know if she suffered from depression? (Natal Saturn conjunct sun with 6 degree orb, disappearance date Saturn exactly conjunct sun, with both in the 12th house.)

Kristap

Kristap, this might work best as a horary question. I think your question is, "Where is Peggy McGuire?" Or, as Deborah Houlding suggests in the linked article, "Will we find her?" But you might word it differently. Then, to the best of your ability, please cast a chart for the exact time, date, and location when you asked the question. (Which might be some time before you posted your chart.) There are some conventional horary procedures for locating missing objects, pets, and people.

I will say that Peggy has kind of a difficult-looking natal chart. Do you know if she was attracted to "underworld" types of men with shady or criminal histories? (Venus conjunct Pluto.) Do you know if she suffered from depression? (Natal Saturn conjunct sun with 6 degree orb, disappearance date Saturn exactly conjunct sun, with both in the 12th house.)

I will check out those links. Thank you.

He bf/husband (person of interest) seems a bit shady to me. The county they live in is named after his family and so he is "protected" from anything he may do wrong. Which is making the case more difficult as he also has family on the force. Family suspects they are covering up evidence pointing to him. I am told no to the depression...

JUPITERASC

Hi. I have a missing person case I need help reading the charts. I am still learning and I am still clueless on a lot of the terminology. I may look into a class but right now I am self taught online and new at even that... Its been pretty obvious we are searching for remains but where?

I have attached 3 charts... One is from the "victims" date and time of birth...
The 2nd chart is from the date and time she was last heard from..
The 3rd is the planets and houses of the time she was last heard from..

Through my research on using astrology for missing persons, I had read that Saturn normally points to where the body is - In this case I see saturn in Sag in the 12th house. (Am I reading this wrong? Is that in Scorpio? and the 1st, i am confused because the planet chart)

Can some one please help.
Maybe explain to me?
I am in contact with family so I can get more information
if I am not using the right information..
None of those three charts is appropriate for an horary astrology question board :smile:
because HORARY astrology
differs from natal astrology - a natal chart is not used for Horary
and the reasons why are detailed at the following linked thread

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=296828&postcount=3

07-06-2011, 08:18 PM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Re: If the significators are forming no aspect...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermetic
but are both in others' detriment sign, is that a sure 'no' to the question? Moon is also VOC - nothing new? asked about is not going to happen?

The theory behind Horary is very simple:

1) there is a Question that weighs very heavily on your mind.

2) when you have a clear understanding of what it is that you really want to know, you cast a chart or an astrologer casts one for you

3) That freezes the Planets as they transit the heavens at that moment (hence: Horary)

4) the Rising Sign and Planet that rules the Rising Sign represents you

5) the House, or often more correctly, the Sign that represents the Matter you're asking about and the Planet that rules that Sign represents the Matter. The Matter can be a person or a thing or an idea (like a rumor or a dream).

6) the relationship between those two rulers tells you what has happened, and what is yet to come. That relationship is in the form of aspects. If there are no aspects, then there is nothing to come.

7) the Moon plays a special dual-role signifying the State of Mind of the Querent and also how things play out, how they happen, and when they happen. When there are no aspects formed by the Moon (ie it is Void of Course) then nothing will happen. Note that there are a handful of certain special select Horary Questions where a Void of Course Moon is not relevant. Those are often war, conflict or legal questions, or Questions related to Career.

8) in addition to forming aspects, those Planets must also have Perfect Reception, as opposed to simple Reception. Reception is about "allowing." For example if Mars is applying in aspect to Jupiter, and Jupiter receives Mars then Jupiter is allowing Mars to act. Jupiter is effectively saying, "Go ahead and do that thing that you do." If Jupiter does not receive Mars, then Jupiter is effectively saying, "Go away and leave me alone. Go. Get out of here." If it is a Sign of Enmity, like Mars in Capricorn (the Fall of Jupiter) then Jupiter is effectively saying, "Cease and Desist. I will stop you from doing anything. If necessary, I may even get violent to stop you." And that just might be the case if Jupiter were also in a Violent Sign, otherwise Jupiter would just keep slamming doors in your face.

9) How things actually play out depends a lot on the "strength" of the Planets involved. The strength of the Planets indicates their ability to do act and do things and carry out plans and make things happen. A Planet that is not just in its own Sign, but also in its Triplicity or Term, and is Direct in Motion, Fast in Speed, Angular or Succedent, in Hayz, in a trine aspect with Venus/Jupiter/Sun is very powerful. That's a person with a purpose in life who has both the will and ability to act and make things happen.

A Planet that is Slow in Speed, Retrograde, in Fall/Detriment, Cadent, and not in Sect or worse is Out-of Sect isn't going to be able to do anything, even when there is Perfect Reception in the chart, this person is going to botch every thing up and turn a dream about ponies and gum-drops into a nightmare, because they don't have the strength or will to make things happen.

10) when charts have early/late Ascendants, Void of Course Moons, Moon via Combusta, Saturn in the 1st or 7th House (when not a significator) you can look at the chart for reasons why you are getting those warnings.

Often a non-significator Planet is making an aspect to one of the primary significators. Sextiles and trines usually indicate on-going events which first must be completed before anything can happen. Conjunctions, squares and opposition usually indicate obstacles that are preventing things from happening, and with the "hard" aspects sometimes things can still happen if those obstacles can be overcome.

The condition and placement of the Moon/Ascendant Ruler will tell you the State of Mind and what kind of person the Querent is; good-hearted, or ambivalent, or in sheer terror, in a total panic, has the "stink of desperation" or is immature and selfish, looking do to harm, or is someone you wouldn't let your dog go near. The Planet that is the Quesited/Matter will tell you about them, but not with the same clarity as the Querent. A poorly placed 10th House Ruler might be a job you really don't want, because it ain't all that or isn't what you think it is. A poorly placed 7th House Ruler is someone you might not really want to be with, or something you don't really want to buy and so on.

For a Planet (like the Ascendant Ruler) in Detriment, it is important that it make an aspect to the 1st House (ie it is not inconjunct in the 2nd, 6th, 8th or 12th Houses), and for other significators that it aspect the House it rules. A Planet that is inconjunct to the House it rules can't witness or give testimony to the affairs of that House. That means it cannot control those events, and being weak in Detriment has even less control and less ability to effect outcomes.
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."

Last edited:

Kristap

Ok Let me try this again... I am using the date and time that I originally asked the question after learning about the possibility of using astrology to help locate the missing...

I am using myself as the querent. If I am looking at this right, Virgo is the ascending?

That would Make Peg the questied? and would that be Pisces signifing her?

Attachments

• WheresPeg.png
    WheresPeg.png
    27 KB · Views: 40

waybread

Hi, again, Kristap. I'll do my best with this chart, but for future reference, the most legible free charts available seem to be the ones at Astrodienst www.astro.com . A 75% reduction seems to be about right to fit their charts within the posts over here.

I gather you have no particular relationship with the missing person, which might change which house indicates the quesited (person being inquired about.) A friend, for example, would be symbolized by the 11th house. The 7th is a kind of catch-all house for "miscellaneous" or "other" sorts of people.

I have to stress that I am not psychic and my horary abilities are intermediate. So I certainly wouldn't trust my judgement in terms of contacting the police or Peggy's loved ones. I use a modified traditional approach, meaning I use the modern outer planets only as supplementary data points. Also, I suspect that the date you first asked yourself this question was earlier than yesterday, but I'll go with the chart you've got.

The first thing I look for is the moon's degree, because if it is void-of-the-course (past its last traditional major aspect* before changing signs) it typically means that the situation is unlikely to change. I. e., if Peggy is missing now, she probably either will remain missing, or at least not likely to be found alive**.

For what it's worth, the moon in Peggy's "turned" 12th house (this chart's 6th house) suggests secret enemies (vs. the open enemies one knows about.) I. e., someone who seemed to be good to her but in reality wasn't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horary_astrology#Turning_the_chart

*The major aspects are the conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition. The conjunction, sextile, and trine are favourable, the square and opposition indicate that the event may happen, but it won't go well. Then aspects are either applying or separating. This relates to the speed of planets' orbits, and whether the faster-moving planet can catch up with the slower one. The moon is the fastest planet, completing its orbit in about 29 days, whereas Saturn takes about 29 years. An applying aspect means the event is likely to happen, but not a separating aspect; although there are some special circumstances where a seemingly separating aspect will still work out.

**Sometimes planets turn retrograde, meaning that from our position here on earth, they appear to move backward in the sky (i. e., west to east.) In horary astrology a retrograde planet is usually weakened; but it can mean a "return" of some sort: rethinking or revisiting a problem, for example. Your chart doesn't show this, but Jupiter (Peggy) is retrograde, and at 18 degrees of Scorpio, it is lacking in essential dignity. (For a discussion of essential dignity, see: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/digintro.html .)

I would place you, as the querent, in the first house. With Virgo on the cusp, you are signified by Mercury. As an unrelated person, I'd place Peggy in the 7th house. Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces (sign on the house cusp) and it is in the 7th. The traditional ruler of Pisces is Jupiter, so we'll let Jupiter symbolize Peggy.

Kristap, you mentioned in your other thread being psychic. With Mercury in the 8th house (rules death) I believe that you are thinking that Peggy is probably dead. (Please let me know if I got this right.)

Without getting into too many details, there is also a way in which we "turn" a chart that would put Peggy's own ascendant in the first house. So if she is symbolized by Mercury in the 8th house, according to horary tradition, that probably would mean that she is deceased.

I'm kind of free-wheeling here, but a horary chart should actually give a highly stylized picture of the situation; and one thing that strikes me is that both Mercury and Jupiter are in signs ruled by Mars. (Mars is the traditional ruler of Scorpio.) Mars has some strength, in the sign of its exaltation. Mars, the Roman god of war, might well symbolize a violent male.

This is just a start. If I get time later today, I'll do a little more research. The chart would also indicate the direction of a missing person and type of location where she (or her remains might be found.)

In the meantime, see if this chart really does symbolize the time when you first asked the question. If it does, fine. If you did ask the question earlier, please input the earlier date, time (and location if different) into the more accurate horary chart.

Last edited:

waybread

Kristap, for what it's worth, I just read the section on missing persons in Olivia Barclay, Horary Astrology Rediscovered.

I hadn't thought about this, but apparently planets-in-signs can also be used for physical descriptions of people. It so happens that in her example, the horary chart also had Mars in Capricorn. Her description: a male who is "thin, dark, with a small head and dark hair." [I stress that in the day when these descriptions were written, physical types were based on Caucasian characteristics only.] Fiery Mars also typically indicates a person with red or reddish hair.

I don't know if either description would match a potential suspect.

"

Last edited:

Kristap

Hi, again, Kristap. I'll do my best with this chart, but for future reference, the most legible free charts available seem to be the ones at Astrodienst www.astro.com . A 75% reduction seems to be about right to fit their charts within the posts over here.

I gather you have no particular relationship with the missing person, which might change which house indicates the quesited (person being inquired about.) A friend, for example, would be symbolized by the 11th house. The 7th is a kind of catch-all house for "miscellaneous" or "other" sorts of people.

I have to stress that I am not psychic and my horary abilities are intermediate. So I certainly wouldn't trust my judgement in terms of contacting the police or Peggy's loved ones. I use a modified traditional approach, meaning I use the modern outer planets only as supplementary data points. Also, I suspect that the date you first asked yourself this question was earlier than yesterday, but I'll go with the chart you've got.

The first thing I look for is the moon's degree, because if it is void-of-the-course (past its last traditional major aspect* before changing signs) it typically means that the situation is unlikely to change. I. e., if Peggy is missing now, she probably either will remain missing, or at least not likely to be found alive**.

For what it's worth, the moon in Peggy's "turned" 12th house (this chart's 6th house) suggests secret enemies (vs. the open enemies one knows about.) I. e., someone who seemed to be good to her but in reality wasn't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horary_astrology#Turning_the_chart

*The major aspects are the conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition. The conjunction, sextile, and trine are favourable, the square and opposition indicate that the event may happen, but it won't go well. Then aspects are either applying or separating. This relates to the speed of planets' orbits, and whether the faster-moving planet can catch up with the slower one. The moon is the fastest planet, completing its orbit in about 29 days, whereas Saturn takes about 29 years. An applying aspect means the event is likely to happen, but not a separating aspect; although there are some special circumstances where a seemingly separating aspect will still work out.

**Sometimes planets turn retrograde, meaning that from our position here on earth, they appear to move backward in the sky (i. e., west to east.) In horary astrology a retrograde planet is usually weakened; but it can mean a "return" of some sort: rethinking or revisiting a problem, for example. Your chart doesn't show this, but Jupiter (Peggy) is retrograde, and at 18 degrees of Scorpio, it is lacking in essential dignity. (For a discussion of essential dignity, see: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/digintro.html .)

I would place you, as the querent, in the first house. With Virgo on the cusp, you are signified by Mercury. As an unrelated person, I'd place Peggy in the 7th house. Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces (sign on the house cusp) and it is in the 7th. The traditional ruler of Pisces is Jupiter, so we'll let Jupiter symbolize Peggy.

Kristap, you mentioned in your other thread being psychic. With Mercury in the 8th house (rules death) I believe that you are thinking that Peggy is probably dead. (Please let me know if I got this right.)

Without getting into too many details, there is also a way in which we "turn" a chart that would put Peggy's own ascendant in the first house. So if she is symbolized by Mercury in the 8th house, according to horary tradition, that probably would mean that she is deceased.

I'm kind of free-wheeling here, but a horary chart should actually give a highly stylized picture of the situation; and one thing that strikes me is that both Mercury and Jupiter are in signs ruled by Mars. (Mars is the traditional ruler of Scorpio.) Mars has some strength, in the sign of its exaltation. Mars, the Roman god of war, might well symbolize a violent male.

This is just a start. If I get time later today, I'll do a little more research. The chart would also indicate the direction of a missing person and type of location where she (or her remains might be found.)

In the meantime, see if this chart really does symbolize the time when you first asked the question. If it does, fine. If you did ask the question earlier, please input the earlier date, time (and location if different) into the more accurate horary chart.

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions. No I have never met Peggy. I have never actually asked where she was specifically until a couple days ago. As a psychic medium, I communicate with spirit and let them guide the conversation with what they want to share with me. I get visions of what happened and what she was feeling, and sometimes about the terrain and whats around but there is sooo much water in her area, I need help pinpointing a more specific area.

Yes I am 99.99% certain she has passed. Is the 8th house ALWAYS death?
Violent Male? - possibly the person of interest...

Here is the new chart, same data but I used the site you recommended.
https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?gm=a1&nhor=1&nho2=1&btyp=2&mth=gw&sday=10&smon=5&syr=2018&rs=2

Kristap

Kristap, for what it's worth, I just read the section on missing persons in Olivia Barclay, Horary Astrology Rediscovered.

I hadn't thought about this, but apparently planets-in-signs can also be used for physical descriptions of people. It so happens that in her example, the horary chart also had Mars in Capricorn. Her description: a male who is "thin, dark, with a small head and dark hair." [I stress that in the day when these descriptions were written, physical types were based on Caucasian characteristics only.] Fiery Mars also typically indicates a person with red or reddish hair.

I don't know if either description would match a potential suspect.

"

Yes, the person of interest is thin with dark hair... Didn't appear that dark in the pic i have though, pretty pale.. Not sure if could be just the pic.

Last edited:

waybread

Kristap, I am unable to open your link. The best thing is to save your chart to your computer, and then to upload it as clickable thumbnail, just like you did for your previous charts.

The 8th house doesn't always symbolize death. In a natal chart, it seems to act in a more metaphorical way; and it also rules investments, inheritances, or resources that are shared in some way. In a missing person horary chart, it more clearly symbolizes death. In this instance, with a missing person who has vanished for two years, there is usually a strong chance that s/he is deceased. Seeing a significator in the 8th house is usually a testimony to this effect.

You are probably aware that astrological signs go by the 4 elements of ancient Greece: earth, air, fire, and water. Pisces and Scorpio, which are highly salient in this chart, are water signs (as is Cancer.) Interestingly, Neptune in the 7th house is the modern ruler of bodies of water (as well as of alcohol and drugs.)

Kristap, I confess to being out of my depth here, but sometimes this is how I learn.

One thing I will mention is that in the case of a missing person, pet, or object, is that the chart gives us directions. South is at the top of the chart, east is to the left, west to the right, and north is at the bottom. With Jupiter in the third house, this would suggest that Peggy went in a north-by-northeast direction from her home or where she was last seen.

Just a great desktop reference is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book. According to him, Scorpio (Jupiter's sign in your first horary) rules places that are swampy or boggy, places associated with death such as cemeteries, and places associated with the eliminative organs of the body, such as bathrooms and sewers.

I hope at least some of this helps.

Sunny

Here my understanding of the chart: "Where is Peggy M.?"

You, the ASC, are Virgo so you are represented by :mercury: who is placed in the 8th, that is the house of death and mystery. And as the sign of the 8th is Aries, you are right now to begin your questioning.

The quesited is shown by the 7th, here pisces and his lord Jupiter sits in the 3rd house, the house of Gemini which means neighbours, siblings, little travels or public places and communication, and so on. The 3rd is in the sign of Scorpio and means transformations, mystery once more, underground and dark dirty places.

She, Peggy, is represented by Venus, and also by the lord of the 2nd (Venus again) house for all things lost.
Venus in the 10th shows for me that she isn't far away from you. On the contrary, she is nearby you and could normally be find soon. This could also be understanding that you'll find the answer soon.
Venus aspects Neptune in the 7th, pisces, by square. This is the house of the quesited. Neptun very strong in pisces because he is in his own house (in modern astrology), with the square to Venus, could show us that there is something very elusive for this question or for this girl.
But Neptune trines Jupiter, perhaps there will be a profound connection with something of cloudy water (pisces and Neptune) and neighbourhood or relatives (Scorpio and Jupiter), for example?

So, this was just a try, perhaps you'll have some feelings about these indications?

I wish you good luck! :smile:
Sunny

Abby83

I just want to add my opinion about the man.

Yes, the mars pluto Lilith conjunction is dangerous, aggressive, violent involving a thin but solid/strong man with dark features.

Kristap

Kristap, I am unable to open your link. The best thing is to save your chart to your computer, and then to upload it as clickable thumbnail, just like you did for your previous charts.

The 8th house doesn't always symbolize death. In a natal chart, it seems to act in a more metaphorical way; and it also rules investments, inheritances, or resources that are shared in some way. In a missing person horary chart, it more clearly symbolizes death. In this instance, with a missing person who has vanished for two years, there is usually a strong chance that s/he is deceased. Seeing a significator in the 8th house is usually a testimony to this effect.

You are probably aware that astrological signs go by the 4 elements of ancient Greece: earth, air, fire, and water. Pisces and Scorpio, which are highly salient in this chart, are water signs (as is Cancer.) Interestingly, Neptune in the 7th house is the modern ruler of bodies of water (as well as of alcohol and drugs.)

Kristap, I confess to being out of my depth here, but sometimes this is how I learn.

One thing I will mention is that in the case of a missing person, pet, or object, is that the chart gives us directions. South is at the top of the chart, east is to the left, west to the right, and north is at the bottom. With Jupiter in the third house, this would suggest that Peggy went in a north-by-northeast direction from her home or where she was last seen.

Just a great desktop reference is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book. According to him, Scorpio (Jupiter's sign in your first horary) rules places that are swampy or boggy, places associated with death such as cemeteries, and places associated with the eliminative organs of the body, such as bathrooms and sewers.

I hope at least some of this helps.

Thank you for all your help.... Funny you mention cemeteries, I did get a vision of an actual cemetery. When I connected with the person of interests deceased grandfather, he told me she was buried with him as he passed around that same time and the person of interest owns the cemetery, so it would be easy for that to happen....

Also there is so much water around that area, but the dirty water aspect helps narrow it down a bit...

Thank you for all your help.

Is it possible to do a chart and ask another question about if the property is public or private? Would that work if I did another chart or would that be something to specific to figure out?

waybread

Here my understanding of the chart: "Where is Peggy M.?"

You, the ASC, are Virgo so you are represented by :mercury: who is placed in the 8th, that is the house of death and mystery. And as the sign of the 8th is Aries, you are right now to begin your questioning.

The quesited is shown by the 7th, here pisces and his lord Jupiter sits in the 3rd house, the house of Gemini which means neighbours, siblings, little travels or public places and communication, and so on. The 3rd is in the sign of Scorpio and means transformations, mystery once more, underground and dark dirty places.

She, Peggy, is represented by Venus, and also by the lord of the 2nd (Venus again) house for all things lost.
Venus in the 10th shows for me that she isn't far away from you. On the contrary, she is nearby you and could normally be find soon. This could also be understanding that you'll find the answer soon.
Venus aspects Neptune in the 7th, pisces, by square. This is the house of the quesited. Neptun very strong in pisces because he is in his own house (in modern astrology), with the square to Venus, could show us that there is something very elusive for this question or for this girl.
But Neptune trines Jupiter, perhaps there will be a profound connection with something of cloudy water (pisces and Neptune) and neighbourhood or relatives (Scorpio and Jupiter), for example?

So, this was just a try, perhaps you'll have some feelings about these indications?

I wish you good luck! :smile:
Sunny

Good work, Sunny!

Just a couple of questions, though. The second house rules lost money or belongings, but in this instance, we are talking about a missing human being. Not clear why the second house would be relevant. Also, not clear why you are using Venus. For a woman in general? I can see why Jupiter in the third house of one's neighbourhood and Neptune in Pisces in the 7th would mean that Peggy probably did not get very far; although in a turned chart her neighbourhood (3rd house from the 7th) would probably be the radix 9th. I actually wasn't sure which house to use, although Jupiter in the 3rd seems more like using the radix chart. Why do you think the 10th house means Peggy is near Kristap (who seems to be some distance from Oklahoma)?

I believe Neptune is in its own sign, not its own house. Jupiter, normally the faster moving planet, is past its trine with Neptune, a separating aspect, although with Jupiter retrograde, perhaps the trine will perfect. I would look this up in an ephemeris, but basically both Jupiter and Neptune symbolize Peggy, not Kristap, so I wasn't sure how this trine would indicate Peggy's discovery.

I hope I'm not coming across as too critical here. If you can explain your reasoning, I will learn something! (Always a good thing.)

waybread

Hi again, Kristap-- you can't ask the same question more then once in horary, but you can ask a different question. For example, "Is Peggy buried in a nearby cemetery?"

The ban against asking the same question more than once is because (1) if you don't trust the oracle the first time, you don't trust the oracle. (2) Horary goes by the moment of the question, so if you ask more than once, you've got different moments. More spiritual horary astrologers feel that there is something precious or sacred about the moment of the question, and that if it is properly observed, it will yield its answers.

The exception is if the underlying circumstances have dramatically changed. The you can ask the same question again. Some astrologers say to wait 3 months before asking it again.

I think the really good astrologers do have psychic abilities, incidentally.

There is a whole lot more to horary astrology than I know, although I know it's out there. If you find yourself getting into horary astrology, feel free to post questions about it on the horary board.

A nativity, in contrast, will tell you what kind of person you're dealing with. With predictive methods, we can also sense what kinds of stresses s/he was dealing with at a critical time.

Kristap

Hi again, Kristap-- you can't ask the same question more then once in horary, but you can ask a different question. For example, "Is Peggy buried in a nearby cemetery?"

The ban against asking the same question more than once is because (1) if you don't trust the oracle the first time, you don't trust the oracle. (2) Horary goes by the moment of the question, so if you ask more than once, you've got different moments. More spiritual horary astrologers feel that there is something precious or sacred about the moment of the question, and that if it is properly observed, it will yield its answers.

The exception is if the underlying circumstances have dramatically changed. The you can ask the same question again. Some astrologers say to wait 3 months before asking it again.

I think the really good astrologers do have psychic abilities, incidentally.

There is a whole lot more to horary astrology than I know, although I know it's out there. If you find yourself getting into horary astrology, feel free to post questions about it on the horary board.

A nativity, in contrast, will tell you what kind of person you're dealing with. With predictive methods, we can also sense what kinds of stresses s/he was dealing with at a critical time.

How do you know what characteristics each planet, and sign has? Where can I find the meanings of each? Is there a good site or a good book? I am working on the cemetery question but want to be able to learn what each means for myself so I don't have to keep asking here.

I have attached the chart for the cemetery question and want to learn how to read it on my own, but having some trouble finding the meaning or characteristics of everything.

Attachments

• pegincemetery.jpg
    pegincemetery.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 23

waybread

I would recommend a good basic textbook on modern natal astrology to acquaint yourself with planets, signs, and houses. The two I like best are Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky; and Robert Hand, Planets in Youth (good for all ages.) Then because horary astrology is more traditional western than modern, try this tutorial on introductory horary astrology: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html, and/or J. Lee Lehman, The Martial Art of Horary Astrology, or Olivia Barclay, Horary Astrology Rediscovered. (She's considered a bit out-of-date but she's one of the easier books to follow.) The basic meanings of planets, signs, and houses carry over from natal into horary, but they get a whole lot more detailed.

Basically in horary astrology, just about everything is assigned a house that rules it. We might also wish to look at planetary or sign rulers. The best source I know of is a magisterial compendium of these rulerships, Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, published by the American Federation of Astrologers. I think all these books are available at amazon.

The rulerships of objects, places, types of people, &c make a certain amount of sense, once you know what the core meanings are for planets, signs, and houses.

The grand-daddy of horary astrologers was a 17th century Englishman named William Lilly, so you will often find horary astrologers referring to him. His textbook is here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/CA.html

Perhaps you've already determined that there are two major schools of western astrology: traditional, using methods developed before about 1800; and modern, using methods developed after the late 19th century. There is some overlap, but also signal differences. WW 3 breaks out with debates as to which system is best. I normally do modern for nativities, but a simplified traditional system for horaries.

Don't worry if you can't pick this up quickly. There is so much to learn! Patience.

Either way:

The querent (person asking the question) is the first house. We look at the sign on the house cusp, and determine which planet rules it. The quesited (matter or person inquired about) will be a different house, depending upon which house rules the quesited. If it's a friend, for example, that's an 11th house matter. Similarly, we look at the sign on the house cusp, and determine which planet rules it.

The rulerships are:

Aries: Mars
Taurus: Venus
Gemini: Mercury
Cancer: moon
Leo: sun
Virgo: Mercury
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Mars (traditional,) Pluto (modern)
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Saturn (traditional,) Uranus (modern)
Pisces: Jupiter (traditional,) Neptune (modern)

The 7th normally includes committed romantic relationships like marriage plus the open enemies one knows about (vs. secretive back-stabbers,) but in horary the 7th is also a catch-all for people who don't readily fit into other houses.

Unfortunately there's not as much agreement on what rules what, so sometimes you just have to see what fits. The chart should give a picture of the event, if it is "radical" (valid.) Rex E. Bills gives Saturn, Capricorn, Pluto, and Scorpio as ruling cemeteries, so we can look at all of them to see what comes up.

to be continued

Kristap

I would recommend a good basic textbook on modern natal astrology to acquaint yourself with planets, signs, and houses. The two I like best are Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky; and Robert Hand, Planets in Youth (good for all ages.) Then because horary astrology is more traditional western than modern, try this tutorial on introductory horary astrology: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html, and/or J. Lee Lehman, The Martial Art of Horary Astrology, or Olivia Barclay, Horary Astrology Rediscovered. (She's considered a bit out-of-date but she's one of the easier books to follow.) The basic meanings of planets, signs, and houses carry over from natal into horary, but they get a whole lot more detailed.

Basically in horary astrology, just about everything is assigned a house that rules it. We might also wish to look at planetary or sign rulers. The best source I know of is a magisterial compendium of these rulerships, Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, published by the American Federation of Astrologers. I think all these books are available at amazon.

The rulerships of objects, places, types of people, &c make a certain amount of sense, once you know what the core meanings are for planets, signs, and houses.

The grand-daddy of horary astrologers was a 17th century Englishman named William Lilly, so you will often find horary astrologers referring to him. His textbook is here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/CA.html

Perhaps you've already determined that there are two major schools of western astrology: traditional, using methods developed before about 1800; and modern, using methods developed after the late 19th century. There is some overlap, but also signal differences. WW 3 breaks out with debates as to which system is best. I normally do modern for nativities, but a simplified traditional system for horaries.

Don't worry if you can't pick this up quickly. There is so much to learn! Patience.

Either way:

The querent (person asking the question) is the first house. We look at the sign on the house cusp, and determine which planet rules it. The quesited (matter or person inquired about) will be a different house, depending upon which house rules the quesited. If it's a friend, for example, that's an 11th house matter. Similarly, we look at the sign on the house cusp, and determine which planet rules it.

The rulerships are:

Aries: Mars
Taurus: Venus
Gemini: Mercury
Cancer: moon
Leo: sun
Virgo: Mercury
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Mars (traditional,) Pluto (modern)
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Saturn (traditional,) Uranus (modern)
Pisces: Jupiter (traditional,) Neptune (modern)

The 7th normally includes committed romantic relationships like marriage plus the open enemies one knows about (vs. secretive back-stabbers,) but in horary the 7th is also a catch-all for people who don't readily fit into other houses.

Unfortunately there's not as much agreement on what rules what, so sometimes you just have to see what fits. The chart should give a picture of the event, if it is "radical" (valid.) Rex E. Bills gives Saturn, Capricorn, Pluto, and Scorpio as ruling cemeteries, so we can look at all of them to see what comes up.

to be continued

Ok so if I am the querent, I am the 1st house signified by jupiter in scorpio (and ruled by scorpio, incidentally i AM a scorpio, not sure if that matters)? And since I don't know her she would be the 7th house which is signified by the sun in taurus? Ruled by taurus (since taurus is on the cusp of the 7th?)

Also from before, the 8th house represents death, which is venus in gemini?
Am I looking at all that correctly??

Saturn is in the 2nd house in capricorn ruled by saggitarius
Pluto is also in capricorn ruled by capricorn in the 3rd house
Jupiter is in scorpio ruled by scorpio in the first house
All have an R so I am guess they are all in retro????

Not sure how to put that all together yet but looks like house 1, 2 and 3 are full of cemetery...?

**oh wait, the "ruled by" isn't what is in the outer circle but what is on your list? What is the outer circle in the chart then?**

Last edited: