Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm

Starsareround

-(Winston Churchill)
subtitle Mars/Jupiter aspects

I’m interested in a discussion about Mars Jupiter aspects. Personally, I have the conjunction in Cancer in H10/11, and I actually feel that if I could sum up my life with just one aspect in my chart, this would be it. Only now that I’m older can I appreciate this aspect in retrospect. I have a night chart, so Mars is in sect, dignified by term and triplicty although in its fall. I see this as a mixed bag, which has produced mixed results. Looking back, regardless of results, that Mars Jupiter has driven me to adventure. When I was 18, I moved out of my family home after saving money up and took my first extended trip abroad. I wasn’t really able to not travel, even though it wasn’t exactly practical (maybe I should have been more interested in achieving goals, going to school, etc), I was so driven to simply see the world that I couldn’t stop myself. After that first experience, I was hooked, and spent the rest of my early 20s intermittently saving up money and going on long adventures. Once I “settled down” with a family, my focus shifted from travel to entrepreneurial projects. I started my first business while my kids were tiny (a toy product that I designed and manufactured and sold to local shops). That business was “successful” in that I had happy customers and a bit of a following, but it taught me that there is only one thing that drives businesses, and that’s money. I never made any at that point, just pumped any revenue back into manufacture. Anyway, now I’m on the verge (in the next 5 years) of starting a big risk type business, that is pretty much what I’ve been building up to my whole life. At this point, I understand how incredibly important failure is, and I’m not at all afraid to fail, and I’m owing all of this to my Mars conjunct Jupiter. The heady thing here is that, all the knowledge you gather along the way can never be taken from you, and eventually, with enthusiasm, you find a way to succeed, for the pure joy of trying, of scaling that mountain, and tumbling back down, looking up at it again for a better footing. Just thought I’d share my experience with this conjunction. Please add your experience with Mars/Jup if you’d like. I’m curious if other Mars/Jup people can relate...

starstruck101

i have mars and jupiter conjunct as well in the 10th/11h but Mars in aries and jupiter in the 10th, and this was nice to hear at least :). i’m still quite young so don’t have enough experience to really say...but what i can say is that i definitely have a verrry strong fear of failure and ik that it’s the mars there, so it’s relieving to hear that with this placement it only gets better in time. i heard that whatever jupiter aspects it always adds an extra boost of optimisim or at least a very “expansive” way of looking at it, so i’m not surprised. i see mars as a lot more aggressive than jupiter for obvious reasons so i definitely think it balances everything out

Starsareround

Never be afraid of failure. You have to be willing to be new at something and publicly fall down in order to ever succeed in a big way!

SunConjunctUranus

:surprised:
Now you said it "publicity", moon at the midheaven make us feel shame when get rejected. Especially mars appear too in the midheaven, hhmm... scandalous.

:crying::crying::crying:

Okay Starareround! Hopefully your business will be success as planned. :biggrin:

Wishing well

R

Starsareround

Do you have mars in your mid heaven? I actually relate as my Moon squares my midheavan. It’s very uncomfortable to fail, but my point is that the point (ha!) of failure is not to give up, but to grow from it. Any big opportunity for growth is a huge gift, even if it feels like 💩 lol

It’s possible to succeed big without ever knowing big failure, but it’s unlikely and usually requires wealthy parents lol (I’m speaking specifically about Jupiterian pursuits here, things involving risk)

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Yes, conjunct exactly with the moon, that's why I preferred to be retardation. :biggrin:

Even embarrassing with the modern technique with the Mercury (out of combustion & rx) conjunct exactly with the Neptune. :biggrin:

Explaining

R

Starsareround

Yes, conjunct exactly with the moon, that's why I preferred to be retardation. :biggrin:

Even embarrassing with the modern technique with the Mercury (out of combustion & rx) conjunct exactly with the Neptune. :biggrin:

Explaining

R

SCU I can tell you have the fortitude and confidence to shrug off embarrassment, you are already ahead of the game 🔑

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Absolutely Stars. I have Mars trine Jupiter, and unlike a lot of other folks, I don't have a lot of trines, but many, many squares. So I tend to appreciate what I do have.

In the darkest points and recesses of my life, that trine was a gift to take the past, always learn from it from a practical and philosophical perspective, to never blame or become bitter, rather maximize each learning experience, then, to face the future with realistic optimism.

The easiest example I can think of is the case of Natascha Kampusch, a girl locked in a cellar for 8 years. Many would have had severe psychological problems after such a turn of events, when they were young and the most vulnerable. After being freed and facing the death of her abuser, was she bitter? No. She turned the situation around (book and film rights of £6 million), and was able to make very wise, nuanced and philosophical comments typical of Mars Jupiter on their 'relationship'. Adding, "Nevertheless, you will be sure to never see me cry in public or collapse sobbing." Not every victim will fare the same, at all.

The conjunction has been linked with many athletes. The square tend to produce many entrepreneurs due to the innate risk taking involved. But it becomes a problem in their personal lives, as they can't seem to control their (sexual) urges.

The courage is innate. It's a gift that shouldn't be wasted.

Last edited:

Starsareround

Absolutely Stars. I have Mars trine Jupiter, and unlike a lot of other folks, I don't have a lot of trines, but many, many squares. So I tend to appreciate what I do have.

In the darkest points and recesses of my life, that trine was a gift to take the past, always learn from it from a practical and philosophical perspective, to never blame or become bitter, rather maximize each learning experience, then, to face the future with realistic optimism.

The easiest example I can think of is the case of Natascha Kampusch, a girl locked in a cellar for 8 years. Many would have hard severe psychological problems after such a turn of events, when they were young and the most vulnerable. After being freed and facing the death of her abuser, was she bitter? No. She turned the situation around (book and film rights of £6 million), and was able to make very wise, nuanced and philosophical comments typical of Mars Jupiter on their 'relationship'. Adding, "Nevertheless, you will be sure to never see me cry in public or collapse sobbing." Not every victim will fare the same, at all.

The conjunction has been linked with many athletes. The square tend to produce many entrepreneurs due to the innate risk taking involved. But it becomes a problem in their personal lives, as they can't seem to control their (sexual) urges.

The courage is innate. It's a gift that shouldn't be wasted.

Wow. I relate to this so well. At times in my life I’ve actually wondered if I’m a full-blown idiot because negative outcomes never bring me down the way they do others. I am literally dusting myself off and looking for the next adventure as soon as I find my footing again. Natascha Kampusch is a really fantastic example. Thank you for that. These aspects are not a promise of a “good life” rather the courage to shine with optimism regardless of setbacks or even conditions of abject misery.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Yup. You should look into natal charts of star athletes. You'll find the conjunction is quite common. Usually in fire signs though. I bet with your Virgo discrimination, you can come back and tell us what each qualities and element tend to produce.

Starsareround

As a funny aside, I end up spending a lot of time cooking. I’m very proud of my culinary abilities and can easily spend 4-5 hours cooking in a day. The more involved, process-oriented recipes, the better. Mars conjunct Jupiter in Cancer 🍳

GemwDepth

Account Closed
As a funny aside, I end up spending a lot of time cooking. I’m very proud of my culinary abilities and can easily spend 4-5 hours cooking in a day. The more involved, process-oriented recipes, the better. Mars conjunct Jupiter in Cancer 🍳

I wish you were my roommate. :lol:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
A side idea. Have you thought about going into business in culinary pursuits? Such as baking, or other Cancer related realms? I seriously think you would do well.

Starsareround

Well, statistically it’s the most risky, least likely to succeed type of business, and I’m already very far along towards opening an optical, which is my field and professional license.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Well, statistically it’s the most risky, least likely to succeed type of business, and I’m already very far along towards opening an optical, which is my field and professional license.

Very Virgo-ian of you my dear! I wish you the best on the endeavor. On a second thought, you don't actually need luck. You'll do fine with that Virgo precision.