Is he in love with this person?

giaella33

I asked if this man was in love with this other person.

I am Mars exalted in Capricorn combust Sun in the 10th house which gives me power. I am in his turned 4th house. He is Venus in Sag in the eighth house feeling unfortunate. Saturn in Libra has made an earlier square to Mars (me) not sure if Saturn is her in his 7th or not. It seems to this relationship is about her resources and him being bound by them. Moon in Pisces in my 12th house of hidden things & enemies. Moon is in his turned 6th house of work, servants, health. I am learning so that is about all I get

If anyone would help I would appreciate it. http://forum.astro.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/astro_2gw_07_c.66352.16633.gif

Last edited:

misskitty

Who is this man to you? We need context on the relationship. If it is just idle curiosity on your part then it isn't an appropriate horary question.

misskitty

Yes, I'm aware of that, but in order to answer a horary question astrolgers are required to fully understand the situation. Is there history between the two of you, is he just someone you met in your break room today, etc. But you know what, Saturn is in the 7th house and that is one of the few strictures I believe in, so... maybe someone else will want to answer it.

BobZemco

I am Mars exalted in Capricorn combust Sun in the 10th house which gives me power.

You're being stripped of power, meaning you're powerless. The light of the Sun is drowning you out so you can't even be seen.

I am in his turned 4th house.

You're getting way ahead of yourself there.

The biggest mistake I see people making is that they have no system, so they jump around haphazardly and miss 90% of the stuff then come to all the wrong conclusions because they do.

You need to develop your own system, one that's both logical and comfortable to you, and write your judgments out, because it reinforces your system.

I always look to see if the chart is valid. There's no point wasting time on an invalid chart. This is chart is valid because Mercury is the Hour Ruler and is in the same Triplicity as the Ascendant.

You need tables to calculate the Hour Ruler (unless your software does) and you can find those on the internet. Lily explains it. So does Gadbury. There are independent tables as well.

After that, look at the strictures and warnings: Asc or Moon Via Combusta, Moon Void of Course, and Saturn in the 1st or 7th House when not a primary significator (strictures and warnings never render a chart invalid -- they only warn the astrologer that there are special or unusual circumstances that affect the Querent and need to be taken into consideration -- so they're sometimes called "considerations" too).

Saturn is sitting right there in the 7th House. That is a warning to the astrologer that the astrologer does not have enough information to judge the chart accurately. The reasons why the astrologer doesn't have enough information are too many to list here.

Having determined the validity of the chart, and then looked for warnings, I assign significators, determine their strengths/weaknesses and then start judging each one individually. That's how I do it, but you all can do it any way you want, so long as you do it consistently.

the significator of the Querent Combust, shows him or her in great fear, and over powered by some great person.

and you must know that the combustion of any Planet is the greatest misfortune that can be.

Mars does receive Sun by Exaltation, but Mars and Sun are Planetary Enemies so this can never be something positive (unless Mars is Cazimi).

He is Venus in Sag in the eighth house feeling unfortunate.

That would not be the correct signification, and even if it would be, that is your 8th House, not his. That's his 2nd House.

Saturn in Libra has made an earlier square to Mars (me) not sure if Saturn is her in his 7th or not.

Ah, now we come to the Saturn in the 7th, Mars Combust thing. This questions is probably "Is he cheating on me?" or something similar.

The 7th Consideration, is to beware of those cases wherein the Astrologer is subject to err and mistake; of which the learned have named four: 1st When the Querent is so silly that he knows not how to ask, nor what he would have....

You have to know exactly what it is you want to know, and you must be absolutely specific about it.

If the question really is "Is he cheating on me?" then your delineation is wrong because we use a totally different method of delineation for that question. If in the alternative your question really is, "Will he take me back/Will we be together again?" then your delineation method is incorrect because we have totally completely different method of judging that question as well.

Both of those questions are advanced Horary, because they require knowing how to use Triplicity Rulers.

giaella33

The question is not is he cheating on me Bob. Also I was told that Mars was the only planet that did not get "burned" by the Sun.

giaella33

I agree Saturn in the 7th is an issue, but I also believe that all charts contain information ie: there are no accidents. If anyone would look at this and tell me what they see I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. : )

misskitty

Bob gave you some great information in this chart which is worthy of your consideration. Also, the only planet that has ever been mentioned as not getting burned by the Sun is Mercury, not Mars, but even that is a fringe theory that is not widely accepted by horary astrologers. In any case, I am erring on the side of the stricture (Saturn in the 7th) and not touching this one with a ten foot pole...

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

This is how I would look at the question (remember this is NOT standard horary)
-you want to know one thing: is THIS MAN in love with THIS person
-I do not get the idea that, IN THIS QUESTION, you are asking about how he feels about you OR about how he feels about you AND this other person (if either of these were the case, then I would use 1st house for you and 7th for him and 5th from the 7th for his romantic interest in the other person)
-therefore, if I were to delineate this question, I would take HIM as SUBJECT MATTER of the question, and give HIM the 1st house; and I would take HER as quesited, being the other person (other TO HIM, the subject of the question) and give her the 7th house

Many of our horary experts will strongly disagree with this outlook, but-for what its worth-that's how I would set up the delineation...So, based on this outlook (and using the Primary Ankara horary method)

-he = 1st house = Aries = Mars significator
-"this other person" = 7th house = Libra = Venus significator
-Venus (other person) flows toward Mars (him) = shows this other person likely feels more toward him than he towards this other person; Saturn in exaltation in this other person's signifying sign = this other person has patience, stamina regarding him; however, since Mars (him) has been absorbed by the Sun (Mars combust), and Saturn is in the Fall degrees of the Sun, means that this other person's feelings for him are to the detriment of this other person
-no aspect between Venus and Mars = - testimony (for him loving this other person)
-Mars combust = absorbed in his own ego/self (symbolized by the Sun) = subject is too self-involved at the present time = - testimony (for him loving this other person)
-Moon flows away from both significators (Mars and Venus) = - testimony;
also no hermetic aspects exist between Moon and either significator (unless one wishes to include the 6 degree square between Moon and Venus, but not that this is seperating-and for me, 6 degrees is beyond the orb for square that I follow)
-Lot of Desire (aka lot of sexual desire and attraction) = asc+5th cusp(sensitive degree in whole sign)-ruler of the 5th = 12 Scorpio: all significators (Mars, Venus, Moon) flow away from this Lot = - testimony

From my perspective the testimonies indicate a "no" (he is not in love with this other person) answer to the question; however-also from my perspective-the question of how he feels about you is NOT addressed in this chart.

Last edited:

giaella33

Thank you so much for the explanation Dr. Farr this makes sense to me ie: taking me out of the question. Sometimes it is confusing who's who in horary. I do believe you have nailed this situation. My intuition tells me that he doesn't love this person.