Know Thyself

IfIKnewBetter

This will be an ongoing thread where I'll be trying to interpret my own chart, you'll probably get sick of seeing this so let me just apologize now. Everyone is welcome to comment whether it be to suggest, correct, or observe. Placidus and Whole Sign charts will be uploaded with this post.

As of now I'm a beginner which means you'll see a lot of basic interpretations and analysis at the start. Things will look different later on.

I'll be going by Tim Wilson's lessons in addition to Bob Marks'. Any suggested sites are appreciated. Enough intro:

Chart Balance, Elements, House Emphasis, Patterns

+Eastern heavy- Takes initiative, likes freedom, independent, assertive, answers only to the self (ain't that the truth)
+Bottom/Top Balanced- Private and Public, inner and outer directed, inner life is as active as outer, concerned with both
+Focus on Self/Focus on Other Balanced- considerate
+Focus on Beginning, Achievement; Identity, Action AKA "Being"
+"Expansion" emphasized

+Equal number of Fire and Water Planets (tendency to immediately act on feelings and instinct, emotions/impulses dictate actions with little thought?)
+Air Singleton- Sun in Gemini (♫"How am I supposed to breath with no air?"♪)
+Water- Emotional, spiritual, creative, instinctive, erratic
+Fire- confident, enthusiasm, passionate, energetic/active, combative

+Fixed Sign Dominant (6)- takes a while to start things, unshakable from endeavors, inertia for better or worse, stubborn/dedicated, tunnel vision, uncompromising for better or worse
+Mutable Singleton- Gemini Sun

+Angular house heavy- driven, this link, managerial/bossy, molding people to own will, self-assured, intuitively knowing path to goals (should probably check planets and aspects to see if successful or a ruin)
+Cadent house weak, perhaps doesn't plan well or think things through (True, I have to actively sit down and take a long hard look like I'm doing here)
+Cadent "singleton," Gemini Sun (is this a thing?)

+One "double" Singleton, Sun in Gemini in 8th House, notable that it's Anaretic/Fate at 29 degrees and the only planet in any of my Cadent houses. (???)

+See Saw Pattern: Mercury opposed Uranus and Saturn opposed Jupiter/Venus/Mars. [Thank you Katydid]
-Career, Reputation (10) vs Home, Emotions (4)
-Communication, Early Education(3) vs Abstract, Higher Education (9)
-Beliefs vs Progress (Mercury-Uranus)
-Responsibility (Saturn) vs Do (Mars) what inspires (Jupiter) you and makes you feel good (Venus)
-Conditioning/Responsibility (Saturn) vs Optimism/Expansion (Jupiter)
-Conditioning/Responsibility (Saturn) vs Relationships/Artistic Expression (Venus)
-Conditioning/Responsibility (Saturn) vs Force/Desires (Mars)

Or Tim Wilsons' interpretations:

Expansion (10) vs Home (4)
Thinking (3) vs Transformation (9)

I'm going to take a crack at this and say: Not leaving comfort zone to further career. Not expanding thinking or integrating new ideas that can transform or lead to change. Saturn Oppositions speak for themselves...

Summary:
Fixed emotions and passions acting on instincts and not so much logic with an extreme focus on Achievement and Identity. Problems with integrating new ideas for progress and career. With all that how am I not a complete d***?

Notes:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found joke and the punch line.

It give me some hope that it is Mutable. That Sun is like a lighthouse apparently. I'll address it better later but it's probably one of the reasons I'm 1) doing this little project and 2) why I have such a hard time looking at myself and recognizing my own identity/worth (ooh the irony.) No wonder I've been so lost and depressed, I've been living the exact opposite of the essence of my chart. It's driven, confident, aware, focused, creative, passionate, connected, uncompromising and individualistic with a lust for self actualization and making the most of myself/what I can do outwardly. Maybe this study of my natal chart is exactly what my confused little Sun Singleton needs. Struggling little Fated Sun focused on Identity digging in the Mariana Trench that is the 8th house, I can't get over it. Hobbling little sh**. <3

With the Seesaw pattern, it sheds some light on a lot of the conflict I feel. I honestly wish I had a softer chart. It does resonate though. Dogmatic and underachieving. The chart wants to assert itself but then there's something reigning that back.

"Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame." I need to see if one of the Fire-Water dualities has the upper hand or what they're doing. I'm sure it'll all come out when I do my Planets in my Houses and Aspects posts. Interesting to note all my water planets are at the "Inner" portion of my chart while the Fire ones are located at the top focusing on "Outer." It seems very appropriate. My Sun-Moon-Mercury-ASC trines and conjuncts are probably what I can use to reconcile both halves but since I know jack squat about aspects right now I'll leave that where it is.

Still need to see if any "picture" is being made with my chart but after that this post will be complete and I'll move on to the planets and houses themselves.

Attachments

• Placidius.jpg
    Placidius.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 68
  • astro_2gw_01_me_hw.82694.30783.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_me_hw.82694.30783.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

katydid

There is a possibility that the chart type could be either designated as a Locomotive, with the engines being the Sun/Saturn rim....

OR the chart type could be a Tripod type. See the 3 distinct groups?

Read up on both types and see which, if any, make the most sense to you. I am thinking it might be the Locomotive with the Sun /Saturn as the engine. Sun would be the leading engine with Saturn pulling up the rear. And that would make the quincunx between Sun/Saturn a vital part of the chart.

Stellium6th

This will be an ongoing thread, you'll probably get sick of seeing this so let me just apologize now. Everyone is welcome to comment whether it be to suggest, correct, or observe. Placidus and Whole Sign charts will be uploaded with this post.

As of now I'm a beginner which means you'll see a lot of basic interpretations and analysis at the start. Things will look different later on.

I found a link here a while ago with lessons from Wilsonic (something like that) but the site has been taken down. Instead I'll go along with Bob Marks' site. Any suggested sites are appreciated. Enough intro:

Chart Balance, Elements, House Emphasis, Patterns

+Eastern heavy- Person who takes initiative, likes freedom
+Bottom/Top Balanced- Private and Public, inner and outer directed
+Achievement, Being, Individual emphasized (this is what little I remember of the Wilsonic lessons, I wish I had the worksheet PDF)

+Equal number of Fire and Water Planets funny enough
+Not enough Air, GEMINI SUN SINGLETON (AIR)
+Water- Emotional, creative, instinctive
+Fire- confident, enthusiasm, energetic

~Tendency to immediately act on feelings and instinct, emotions dictate actions, feeling compelled to act. LOL

+Fixed Sign Dominant (6,) takes a while to start things LOL, inertia for better or worse, stubborn, dedicated
+Mutable Singleton, AGAIN SUN IN GEMINI

+Angular house heavy, action!, ??
+Cadent house weak, perhaps doesn't plan well or think things through
+Cadent "singleton," SUN IN GEMINI IN 8TH, is this a thing?

+One "double" Singleton, Sun in Gemini in 8th House, Air and Mutable, notable that it's in the Anaretic degree

~Interesting. Marks' says this is a funnel, heart of horoscope. So... My ego/heart/soul is wrapped around my sexuality, money, secrets, my death might be of note, attention for sexuality (I'm lesbian, it shows,) a sexual persona. Writing about sex/death/occult/etc, talking about such, healing through these areas, ??? Still haven't gotten into Planets-Houses-Signs, it's a little too advanced for me right now. My Sun aspects my Mercury, Ascendant (Scorpio with Pluto sitting on it yeeesh,) and Moon (in Scorpio.) A Dan Savage in the making :lol:

*Can't find any patterns like a bowl, fan or whatever,??
*That Sun is like a lighthouse apparently

> I will come back later and make better sense of this.
> Gonna go look up some stuff, especially on Singletons. ;)

When I first read your tittle, I thought of a guy wanting to be notorious, but as I read further and further, and I got to know you were a woman, my face showed the surprise.

I'm very glad that you are a young woman with this attitude; usually women come here from time to time and ask about quaterbacks from the university who are devil may care and they wish to tie the guy off. Keep going ahead with this marvelous attitude about being thyself. You will be great.

Ps: Sorry for the off-topic, I didn't quite get the astrological intention behind.

Last edited:

IfIKnewBetter

There is a possibility that the chart type could be either designated as a Locomotive, with the engines being the Sun/Saturn rim....

OR the chart type could be a Tripod type. See the 3 distinct groups?

Read up on both types and see which, if any, make the most sense to you. I am thinking it might be the Locomotive with the Sun /Saturn as the engine. Sun would be the leading engine with Saturn pulling up the rear. And that would make the quincunx between Sun/Saturn a vital part of the chart.

Katydid you don't know, you don't know what I'm going to do if it's a freaking Locomotive.

I looked up the requirements for both and I don't fill it for either though.

IfIKnewBetter

When I first read your tittle, I thought of a guy wanting to be notorious, but as I read further and further, and I got to know you were a woman, my face showed the surprise.

I'm very glad that you are a young woman with this attitude; usually women come here from time to time and ask about quaterbacks from the university who are devil may care and they wish to tie the guy off. Keep going ahead with this marvelous attitude about being thyself. You will be great.

Ps: Sorry for the off-topic, I didn't quite get the astrological intention behind.

I think that's a total waste of a human being. I don't think you should sacrifice your potential or who you are for the love of another. I don't believe that love affairs are the only thing that matters in this world or in life. We could all do so much if we delved into ourselves and saw what we could find then used it.

No need to apologize, this is a relatively informal thread I've created. I'm happy to get any and all comments on it. Thank you for leaving yours. :joyful:

katydid

Katydid you don't know, you don't know what I'm going to do if it's a freaking Locomotive.

I looked up the requirements for both and I don't fill it for either though.

Your chart pattern does not seem to fit into any of the basic patterns. You are unique, to say the least. :cool:

It could perhaps be a bowl, with a funnel or handle to the Saturn. But the empty space from the Moon to Mars might be too big?

ETA: so YES, the empty space is bigger than 60 degrees. So not a bowl. That would make it a SEE SAW then.

Look up SEE SAW.

Last edited:

Hanzzo

Well i do it anyway, :D

im Using two schools of astrology to get the answers, im still practicing combining them both for results.

as we can see in your chart, 4th house saturn (father) and 8th house sun (father) are not in the best houses for early development, strict, absence or controling father. that might develop in depression in later stage.

hows ur studies going? what im seeing if you born between 13:00 to 15:00 (not after) ur studies might be hindered or not easy to have a job or a diploma lately.

Love department

2009 new relationship? ended in 2010
2011 new relationship? ended 2013
2014 new relationship?

still investigating.

thank you for posting ur chart :D
all the best

Stellium6th

I think that's a total waste of a human being. I don't think you should sacrifice your potential or who you are for the love of another. I don't believe that love affairs are the only thing that matters in this world or in life. We could all do so much if we delved into ourselves and saw what we could find then used it.

No need to apologize, this is a relatively informal thread I've created. I'm happy to get any and all comments on it. Thank you for leaving yours. :joyful:

Have you ever taken a mbti test? The result might be interesting

IfIKnewBetter

Well i do it anyway, :D

im Using two schools of astrology to get the answers, im still practicing combining them both for results.

as we can see in your chart, 4th house saturn (father) and 8th house sun (father) are not in the best houses for early development, strict, absence or controling father. that might develop in depression in later stage.

hows ur studies going? what im seeing if you born between 13:00 to 15:00 (not after) ur studies might be hindered or not easy to have a job or a diploma lately.

Love department

2009 new relationship? ended in 2010
2011 new relationship? ended 2013
2014 new relationship?

still investigating.

thank you for posting ur chart :D
all the best

Sorry I had gone to bed, but everyone's welcome to play with my chart. :tongue:

I am no longer going to school. I'd like to have a degree but until I know what I want to do with my life I'm probably not going back.

Wow it's creepy how close you are to the dates lol One in 2008 that ended around 2012. Then one around 2014, ended the same year.

Last edited:

Hanzzo

Bhaa i didnt seen 2008 :( i thought it was too in the past to look.

the relationship u had, was on and off?
thank you for the reply still learning, what to consider and what to disregard.

IfIKnewBetter

Bhaa i didnt seen 2008 :( i thought it was too in the past to look.

the relationship u had, was on and off?
thank you for the reply still learning, what to consider and what to disregard.

Yeah it was on and off for those years but the attachment was strong.

IfIKnewBetter

Your chart pattern does not seem to fit into any of the basic patterns. You are unique, to say the least. :cool:

It could perhaps be a bowl, with a funnel or handle to the Saturn. But the empty space from the Moon to Mars might be too big?

ETA: so YES, the empty space is bigger than 60 degrees. So not a bowl. That would make it a SEE SAW then.

Look up SEE SAW.

There must be at least two empty 60 degree sections of the chart that are also least opposing each other

Is the 11 and 12th house gap wide enough? I'm bad at counting degrees.

Last edited:

Hanzzo

yea, on and off relationships are a headache in astrology, its very hard to see the start and the breaking when in on off relationship :p
makes things very dificult for predicting

sibylline

Why do you consider your Sun to be 8th house? You seem pretty strongly 9th house to me. The Sun is conjunct the 9th cusp in both Placidus and whole signs so it would express itself strongly in the 9th.

And the use of the word singleton to denote planets who are the only in their element or mode was not its original use. Singleton was used in reference to the lone planet in a bucket chart shape. In this instance the planet directs the energy of the chart in a certain direction and is highlighted. Other usages of the term are just confusing.

IfIKnewBetter

Why do you consider your Sun to be 8th house? You seem pretty strongly 9th house to me. The Sun is conjunct the 9th cusp in both Placidus and whole signs so it would express itself strongly in the 9th.

And the use of the word singleton to denote planets who are the only in their element or mode was not its original use. Singleton was used in reference to the lone planet in a bucket chart shape. In this instance the planet directs the energy of the chart in a certain direction and is highlighted. Other usages of the term are just confusing.

If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton... -Bob Marks

If you read the entire post, I said I was following this guys lessons, therefore I'm going by what he says. My Sun is the only Mutable and Air planet as far as I can tell. The more I learn, I'll consider what you said. We might be using different methods.

And I'm considering it 8th house because that's where it is on the chart, the meanings for it resonate, the 9th house ones strongly do not. It's the same reason I don't move my Moon to the 12th house even if it's "conjunct," those experiences and traits don't coincide with my own personality or what I've lived/live through. I'm not sure why you think I'm more of a 9th house Sun. If you're trying to feel me out with the voice I use to write or the openness I've given on this forum you're going to be sorely mistaken. Would you like to meet up and spend a week with me? I can show you all the ways I know that's my Sun's house. Would that do it for you Sibylline? Or do you want me to act like a caricature of that 8th House Sun? It wouldn't be too much of a stretch seeing as that's what I'm like here in this big blue world.

sibylline

If you read the entire post, I said I was following this guys lessons, therefore I'm going by what he says. My Sun is the only Mutable and Air planet as far as I can tell. The more I learn, I'll consider what you said. We might be using different methods.

And I'm considering it 8th house because that's where it is on the chart, the meanings for it resonate, the 9th house ones strongly do not. It's the same reason I don't move my Moon to the 12th house even if it's "conjunct," those experiences and traits don't coincide with my own personality or what I've lived/live through. I'm not sure why you think I'm more of a 9th house Sun. If you're trying to feel me out with the voice I use to write or the openness I've given on this forum you're going to be sorely mistaken. Would you like to meet up and spend a week with me? I can show you all the ways I know that's my Sun's house. Would that do it for you Sibylline? Or do you want me to act like a caricature of that 8th House Sun? It wouldn't be too much of a stretch seeing as that's what I'm like here in this big blue world.

I did read the entire post, and the following posts. Good read. And I'm familiar with that astrologers' work.

8th house can resonate with someone if they've got strong Scorpio since the two have similar themes but if you want to consider yourself 8th house Sun, that's great. I was just giving my views, adding to the discussion. Your first post said, "Everyone is welcome to comment whether it be to suggest, correct, or observe." So that's what I did. If you didn't mean that in actuality, feel free to ignore my post.