Intellect & Sexual Attraction

Sentient0ne

Premium Member
very poetic & true :) "In truth they could be so simple"...
I am trying to stop intellectualizing but its inevitable...time will tell...

you SHOULD intellectualize if that's how you interact with the world. It's determining how to best use your own personal energy.

I've known many people who are very "into" sapiophiles. Intellect is a powerful thing. It has (or shouldn't have) nothing to do with gender or race or religion.

It simply is.

Sentient0ne

Premium Member
I've been looking into midpoints lately. A bit of a story as to why.

But I see you have a Sun/Pluto midpoint and a Moon/Mercury midpoint both conjunct your Saturn, which is in Capricorn.

In a book by Michael Munkasey, he states that the Sun/Pluto midpoint is
"Your fundamental urge to exert control over all situations, your capacity or determination todefeat or ally with corrupt forces as they rise around you, and the mastery you show against self-corruption are prominent with this combination. Your commitment to concentrating yourself intothe essence of what you are as a person, the secret motivations you rally your inner strength around, and the obsession you have with increasing your self-confidence are also here"
The Moon/Mercury midpoint is
"These planets represent your ability to communicate your emotions effectively and in waysthat help others understand your feelings. These planets encourage you to become more aware of the separation between your intellectual or rational reasoning and intuitive or emotional sides.Feelings which originate deep within you, such as fear of the dark, phobias, etc., how calculationand logic vie against your habitual responses and impulses, and the emotions which you add toyour speech are also emphasized here"
These are on your Saturn in Capricorn. There's an expression of those aspects of yourself through Saturn, which can be seen as an older person. That's enhanced being in it's natural house of Capricorn, which lies on your descendant.
So there's nothing wrong with seeking an older person, a "mentor". It's simply an expression of who you are. It's tied in to your intellect, your emotions, and a power dynamic between your Sun and Pluto.

Etchasketch

you SHOULD intellectualize if that's how you interact with the world. It's determining how to best use your own personal energy.

I've known many people who are very "into" sapiophiles. Intellect is a powerful thing. It has (or shouldn't have) nothing to do with gender or race or religion.

It simply is.

I agree. Everyone has a preferred entrance into a relationship and intellect just happens to be Tamara's. I tend to have what's usually considered a female issue when it comes to relationships in that I lose my sense of self quite easily. I have a major stellium conjunct my asc with chiron rx in 7th and a taurus moon in 8th. With my asc in Libra I really mostly play off of others' intellects rather than put forth my own thoughts which can stray unconsciously during conversation. I'm not sure I'm a sapiophile - ty btw for introducing me to a new word - I need to feel secure emotionally first, a beautiful mind is just icing on the cake.

Sentient0ne

Premium Member
I agree. Everyone has a preferred entrance into a relationship and intellect just happens to be Tamara's. I tend to have what's usually considered a female issue when it comes to relationships in that I lose my sense of self quite easily

I don't believe that's a female issue at all. I've been known to follow that path myself...losing oneself to another.

Being aware of that is a step to discovering yourself. It's not a bad thing in and of itself. One day you may find that intellectual being who will not let you 'lose yourself', but will enhance who you truly are.

Krewster

Just catching up with this and double checked...its TamaraL's chart that bears the mentioned undecile aspects (had to recast without the benefit of location so the house orientation is messed up).

Attachments

• TamaraL.jpg
    TamaraL.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 24

TamaraL

It simply is.

That's right.Intellect is indeed powerful. Thats why I can't lie to myself.It simply is.Thank you for reminding me this.& I didn't know the sapiophile term, cool!

I've been looking into midpoints lately. A bit of a story as to why.

But I see you have a Sun/Pluto midpoint and a Moon/Mercury midpoint both conjunct your Saturn, which is in Capricorn.

In a book by Michael Munkasey, he states that the Sun/Pluto midpoint is
"Your fundamental urge to exert control over all situations, your capacity or determination to defeat or ally with corrupt forces as they rise around you, and the mastery you show against self-corruption are prominent with this combination. Your commitment to concentrating yourself into the essence of what you are as a person, the secret motivations you rally your inner strength around, and the obsession you have with increasing your self-confidence are also here"
The Moon/Mercury midpoint is
"These planets represent your ability to communicate your emotions effectively and in ways that help others understand your feelings. These planets encourage you to become more aware of the separation between your intellectual or rational reasoning and intuitive or emotional sides.Feelings which originate deep within you, such as fear of the dark, phobias, etc., how calculation and logic vie against your habitual responses and impulses, and the emotions which you add to your speech are also emphasized here"
These are on your Saturn in Capricorn. There's an expression of those aspects of yourself through Saturn, which can be seen as an older person. That's enhanced being in it's natural house of Capricorn, which lies on your descendant.
So there's nothing wrong with seeking an older person, a "mentor". It's simply an expression of who you are. It's tied in to your intellect, your emotions, and a power dynamic between your Sun and Pluto.

Both descriptions fit the reality of my situation.Both scary & fascinating to hear.So the Pluto-Sun dynamic is responsible...Although I frequently fail at increasing my self-confidence, I am determined to stay true to my inside.&I am able to distinguish between impulses & logic. I was always considered really older than my age in intellect & appearance... even the everyday problems/worries I face now are not considered my age.
I feel perfectly tuned to older people & love hanging out with my tutors ...Its a very strong theme in my life & every relationship I come across.
It really helps to have astrological insight on these sensitive areas of life, attraction and what drives you as a person.'Cause it confirms what I know and removes the unnecessary noises (result of peer pressure) blocking the way to confidence.

Sentient0ne

Premium Member
That's right.Intellect is indeed powerful. Thats why I can't lie to myself.It simply is.Thank you for reminding me this.

Cause it confirms what I know and removes the unnecessary noises (result of peer pressure) blocking the way to confidence.

you are who you are. Never lie to yourself. In spite of the pressures. you know who you are. That's evident in your search, in seeking the affirmation.

There is a depth of soul within each of us. We seek a connection to affirm this depth, this piece of ourselves. It doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks or says. This is our reality.

Keep that in mind, and you'll be more than fine. :happy: