Will I get any writing jobs from this publisher?

Catalina

I have had some financial losses recently, and since I am single, I need to pull myself together and earn some extra income apart from my teaching job. I am a teacher with many years experience and have worked part-time with publishers as an educational writer before, but it's been a couple of years since I last did that.

I have just sent off a letter of interest, resume, and work samples to a major publisher. I feel that I am highly qualified for the work, and I can't think of any reason why they would not want to use me. Does the chart support this? Will the publisher give me any writing assignments? (And when, if possible.)

Thank you for taking a quick look. It would ease my mind if I knew I could expect to hear good news from them and SOON!

I guess I am Mercury in 3rd house in this chart, and I guess the moon in 9th house represents the question. It looks positive to me, but your expertise is really needed. I know moon is the most dignified planet in the chart, and Jupiter is next in dignity, but I cannot read the chart objectively.

I am also contacting other publishers, but my question, when first posed, only refers to Cambridge, a major publisher in my field.

Attachments

• GettingWritingWork_chart_of_the_moment_hr_25125_17343.jpg
    GettingWritingWork_chart_of_the_moment_hr_25125_17343.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 36

waybread

Catalina, I am going to say your chances look good but that possibly the circumstances will not be to your liking.

I'm going to put you as Mercury, with Mars and the moon as you secondarily. Writing is a third house matter (Mars ruled), but publishers are a 9th house matter (Venus-ruled).

The moon is still in play, but her last aspect before leaving her sign in the 9th is an opposition to the sun, suggesting some stress or opposition in the outcome. Mercury in the 3rd house conjunct the NN is applying to a sextile with Venus and to Mars, and Venus applies to a trine with Mars, so that looks good. However, Mercury is due to bump into Saturn before reaching Mars, and is beseiged by Mars and Saturn. So I think this job could come your way, yet depending upon what the publisher might offer, the stipulations might not be to your liking.

Please let me know what happens!

Catalina

Waybread,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the chart. I will certainly let you know what happens over the next couple of months. Meanwhile, I will be contacting other publishers and looking for other freelance writing jobs.

My exalted natal Mercury is conjunct Aldebaran, and the MC of this horary chart is within two degrees. I wonder what it means when important natal points show up in the horary.

Last edited:

Catalina

Also, I know 9th house is publishing, but I wonder if the other party (contracts) should not be read as 7th house. That would make Jupiter the ruler, and it would make Mars the ruler of the other party's money.

Or am I way off track?

Last edited:

waybread

I think it increases the radical nature of the chart. Jupiter could have something to say about this chart as it also rules publishing.

I am just not sure how to sort out the jumble between Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Mercury (you) is applying to a trine with Jupiter, but before it can perfect its aspect, Mars (you, and ruler of Mercury) does so. That looks good, but then before it does so, the moon goes VOC and leaves her sign. Jupiter is retrograde, as well.

(I generally do modern astrology with natal chart readings-- a much less dynamic type of chart.)

tikana

NO you wont

here is why

Merc rules 10th house rightfully so this is a question about a job. So automatically it is 10th house
Moon rules you because Merc is taken by 10th house

plus you have Mars is in 1st house a malefic sign according to William Lilly and traditional astrology.

moon and merc do not meet.

So answer is no

Sorry
T

Catalina

Thank you both for the replies. I would like to clarify that this is NOT about a "job" or a career, however. It is about doing freelance/contract work on a short-term basis. Writers are hired by educational publishers to work on specific projects. The contract is only for that specific project. Then when another project comes along, the publisher may ask you to work on that. Seems to me this might be more along the lines of 6th house, performing a service, but I am just learning horary. If I am right, however, then Saturn rules 6th house and Mercury applies to Saturn.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

You= Mercury
Teaching (writing) assignment= 5th house-> Saturn

Mercury is lagging behind Saturn but doesn't make an aspect. I think the answer is no.

M

may28gemini

Eventually Mercury and Saturn will meet but it will take some time for it to happen, at which case, I don't see it happening for this particular job/short assignment.

My knowledge of horary is pretty basic and I think/see things in unconventional ways so you'll have to take what I say with a grain of salt. I do manage (somehow) to arrive at similar answers to more knowledgeable posters, even though my interpretive methods are different. I used 5th house because 5th is representative of teaching and you said you're a teacher doing an assignment directly related to teaching. 9th is specifically publishing but you are not the person doing the publishing, someone else is, so I axed that out.

Marinka

Note, I use a different method which I am researching. It uses all the modern planets and the moon is used to identify and verify the chart suitability. It also uses the whole sign method.

- the moon is in the 9th which fits the question about a particular publisher

- the moon only makes an opposition to the sun before it leaves sign which is a negative indication especially since the sun rules the 12th house of "unseen". It is likely that there are activities that you are unaware of as it pertains to what you are asking with this particular publisher - maybe other writers having priority. But, at least for the short term - it looks like the answer is No. I also base this on the moon not making an aspect to Chiron which is the ruler of you and venus which is ruler of 9th not making an aspect to Chiron which is you.

But, Chiron which is you is making an aspect to Pluto which is ruler of the 3rd. This suggests that while this particular publisher may not be interested now, maybe there is a possibility in the future. An alternate interpretation would be that one of the other publishers you contact is interested (the sextile between Chiron and Pluto is very close suggesting quick action).

Maybe next time you provide a question, you might limit the amount of time by stating it in the question so that the interpretation will be better/more accurate.

Last edited:

Catalina

Thanks for your reply. I've never known Chiron to be used in horary. Is there a precedent for this? Also, why do you take Chiron as my ruler? Just trying to understand your method.

Marinka

Thanks for your reply. I've never known Chiron to be used in horary. Is there a precedent for this? Also, why do you take Chiron as my ruler? Just trying to understand your method.

I use all the planets in my research on horary questions for missing children. My point of view is that astrology should always use all the objects in the space above for interpretations on natal, progressions, and so on and that would include horary questions. With horary questions, I limit the scope to 1st house occupants and ruler for the questioner and house of question topic occupants and ruler. I also look to the 7th to identify whether the astrologer as consultant needs to be careful (Saturn in 7th) and I check the degree on the first as that will tell whether the question is appropriate (ie .. asking about marriage when not even in a relationship).

When astrology is taken into the current century, Chiron rules Virgo. Sedna looks to rule Libra but, I'm still on the line with that one.

As to your question, "Is there a precedent for this", No, that is why I'm doing the research.

M

may28gemini

OK. Well, thanks for trying to read the chart. Usually, 3rd or 9th house has to do with teaching.

3rd is more about general communication and various modes of communication. Learning style is more quick/on the go. As for 9th, traditionally it's about "teaching" and "learning" topics of the "higher mind." 5th house teaching/learning is more creative and hands on. Also, 5th is about published communication forms, as in published writing. I think 5th is actually more suitable for your question.

tikana

Thank you both for the replies. I would like to clarify that this is NOT about a "job" or a career, however. It is about doing freelance/contract work on a short-term basis. Writers are hired by educational publishers to work on specific projects. The contract is only for that specific project. Then when another project comes along, the publisher may ask you to work on that. Seems to me this might be more along the lines of 6th house, performing a service, but I am just learning horary. If I am right, however, then Saturn rules 6th house and Mercury applies to Saturn.

if you are getting paid, it is a job. Full time / contract / part time.. all 10th house

waybread

I think there is some disagreement about the meaning of the 10th house. Traditionally it is your public reputation, and your vocation or calling in life. It is also your employer. "Just-a-job" that you do mainly for the income is a 6th house matter. However, some people restrict the 6th to work that other people do for us, because this was traditionally the house of the native's servants.

Publishing (9th) and writing (3rd) do seem very relevant to this question, and these houses are tenanted, suggesting some traction in the chart. We are already dealing with Mercury as the signifier of the querent, so I am not sure what additional information is added by posing the Mercury-ruled 10th house as the quesited.

tikana

Waybread

read william lilly .. he has a whole chapter on 10th house . 10th house ruler describes WHAT is the description of the job. Merc = books! so throw 9th house out of the window. it is irrelevant.

http://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/mashaallah-vs-lilly-on-horary-astrology/ here is an example

William Lilly "The lst house and his Lord are given to the Querent, the lOth house and his Lord shall signifie the Place, Office, Preferment, Command, Honour, &c. enquired after" What more do you need?!

Anthony Louis wrote about a publishing question he had in his Horary book.
Take a look... it is NOT the detailed content but the general one. where do you put this ? is it money maker? or a hobby?

HOW MANY BLOODY TIMES have we gone over 6th house? every month there is a debate on this. 10th house is the job plain and simple. I wish ppl would stop raping this question.

6th house ruler when it comes to work question describes what kind of environment it will be -- tedious, easy going, draining crazy, whatever it is. IT IS NOT A JOB itself.

T

Last edited: