My Daughter's Chart

Mj66

Hello-
I have posted a synastry chart in the past of myself and daughter, but today I was wondering if I could just have her chart read and have explained to me any highpoints, things to look out for and maybe help in relating to her.
Thank you.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_anonymous.45179.163800.jpg
    astro_2gw_anonymous.45179.163800.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 47

waybread

A "blind" chart reading is really difficult to do because each planet, sign, and house has multiple meanings. Can you say just a bit about her and any particular concerns?

I see her as a very creative person, having a yod involving her domiciled moon in Cancer, Mercury, and Neptune. She also has a "talent triangle" involving Mercury, Neptune, and Mars. She probably has creative writing ability; and with her 5th house stellium and Leo riisng, some acting talent, as well.

Is she pretty volatile emotionally? She has all these planets in water and fire, with her moon square Mars, but no planets in the pragmatic earth signs.

With Uranus opposite her ascendant, my guess is that she feels the need to periodically re-invent herself; which, with Saturn on the MC, can make it difficult for her to form a consistent self-image. This would probably affect her career choices, as well.

Mj66

Thanks Waybread,
You have hit the nail on the head in a really impressive fashion. Yes, my daughter is a very talented writer and painter.
She is only 22 and moved across country with a much older man.
I have gone out to see her a couple times, but there is friction, partially because I miss her and wish she lived 1700 miles closer to me.
She grew up without a dad which is why I believe she is living with a man 17 years her senior.(This is part of the friction-it's my problem I have).I just feel there should be a closeness with us I just don't see
and I hope she is okay.
She appears to really like living where she currently lives,and has a job she claims to like- but I miss her and wondered if any damage was done by my bringing her up as a single parent. What can be done?
Again, I don't want it to be about synastry.
It's more about her being practically estranged from me.
Does she feel loneliness? Is there anything I can do?
Maybe being away from me is the best for her.
I am not sure.
Thanks.

waybread

I hear you, Mama. My daughter lives a day's drive away: not possible until covid restrictions lift. My son lives in another country, so ditto. Thank goodness for skype, zoom, texts, and emails; but no-- they're not the same.

My son and I have a good, solid relationship but he's not the best correspondent. Something to live with.

You are symbolized by the moon in your daughter's chart. It is the tip of a yod formation. A lot of her personal growth will come through her relationship with you-- which can happen from a distance.

It reminded me so much of the poem by e. e. cummings, "i carry your heart with me."
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/49493/i-carry-your-heart-with-mei-carry-it-in

The 10th house traditionally is the house of one's mother. Saturn on the MC is not a warm fuzzy blanket kind of a planet but it makes a nice out-of-sign sextile to the moon. I don't think she sees you in a negative light. As a single mom, probably you had to be the parental disciplinarian and bread-winner.

Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius, the sign on your daughter's 7th house of committed relationships. That, coupled with Uranus as the modern ruler of Aquarius and with Uranus in the 7th, looks like an unusual relationship (Uranus) with an older man (Saturn.)

Transiting Neptune has been hovering around your daughter's sun-Venus. This may be a creative time for her, but her sense of identity (sun) may not be something she can understand clearly at this time.

I think all we can do when birds leave the nest and fly far away is to hold the space of kindness and permanent unconditional love. Send her a message once a week or so. Let her know that you have put together a full and rewarding life as an independent woman.

I don't think that your daughter is terribly lonely, but it seems that you are. It's perfectly understandable.

Mj66

Thank you Waybread.
That poem is so beautiful it brings me to tears.
I appreciate your encouragement-as a mom who's children live
a long way from home. It's tough.
I shared the poem with my daughter.
All the best.
Maria

katydid

Your lovely daughter has a Sag stellium in her 5th house, which sextiles her Uranus on the descendant.

I think her chart symbolises the urge to travel, be independent, have new experiences and excel creatively.

It sounds like she has taken some big steps towards that dharmic path. And that speaks well for you as her mother. You made it possible for her to be who she is meant to be.

She is only 22, so she is in the midst of her independence streak. She is stretching as far as she can from home base. My Sag rising ,Gemini daughter did the same thing in her early 20's. She chased her creative dreams and had some success, which took here far from home.

I will say, that now, at 29, she is back closer to home and we are much closer than before. She needed that time to spread her wings and she enjoyed it.

And then around age 28 she took a new job closer to her hometown, and reconnected with family and friends here.

So keep that possibility in mind for your social butterfly too. Saggitarians spread their wings and fly, but they make return flights as well, once they have met with the success they are chasing.