Astrology of a killer

I wouldn't go that far. Again, it's 'neat'. Neat does not always mean correct, however, and we have no way of knowing his actual birth time.

So it's all somewhat pointless speculation. And people are also making good cases for why Leo is correct.

He said in his manifesto he was born early in the morning so many people thought 8 am which would be consistent with Leo. I could see him as Leo rising since they're attractive, suave, charismatic and have good hair (lol) which he had, BUT Virgo seems to fit him more aince he was not the outgoing, super chatty, flirty, tall type that Leo risings can be. Just like his Leo/Cancer cusp sun, I think his rising sign straddled the Leo/Virgo line so freaking tightly that it made it hard to distinguish if he was a Leo or Virgo rising.

Osamenor

Staff member
Well, I was noting this because not all men who think this way and are virgins and don't have girlfriends go on, you know, killing sprees.
Of course not. His actions were extreme and rare. But the kind of thought process underlying it, not so much. Lots of men feel entitled to whatever they want from women. Even men who know better tend to slip into male entitlement in some small ways. Like my ex boyfriend, a very good guy who never thought he owned me or tried to control me, still thinking he had more say than I did over how money would be spent when he was making more than me, never mind that I didn't cop that attitude during the period in our relationship when I was making more than him. That's a very far cry from Elliot Rodger, yes, but the gender attitudes are always present in some way.
Wouldn't Leo rising be super outgoing and able to attract all the women with their magnanimous personality? Elliot certainly didn't do any of that lol.
Not all Leo risings are outgoing. Some manifest their Leo rising like a shy kitty cat, avoiding people except when they find someone they deeply trust. If he had a Leo ascendant on the cusp of Virgo conjunct Mercury and Virgo planets in the first house, there would have been a more Virgo-like appearance to his personality, more inward and serious.

Leo rising usually is, however, pretty concerned with how they appear to others. If a Leo rising gets down on him- or herself, they probably will fuss about their looks and their attractiveness. Another rising sign with self esteem issues might be more concerned about competence, about what they can do rather than how they look. In fact, if he had been a Virgo rising, I would think he wouldn't have made such a fuss about women not being attracted to him, instead, it would have been something like, "Nobody recognizes me for what I can do!" or, "I'm not good at anything!" Leo wants to be appreciated for existing; Virgo wants to be competent at something.

With Virgo asc: ruler of 7, partnerships, is Jupiter in 12. Women as secret enemies.
With Leo rising, ruler of 7 is Saturn in 5. I suppose that might mean an orientation to casual relationships? Or am I missing something here? (To add the modern ruler, the co-ruler of the seventh would be Uranus, which is also in the fifth if the ascendant is in Leo, so that changes nothing for the purpose of this interpretation.)

Actually, I think the fifth house placements are very crucial here, but that's part of the karmic chart interpretation, which I don't have time to delve into now. It just might play into the seventh house rulership, now that I think about it.

Also, Mars, which rules 8, death, in this chart, conjuncts Venus, representing women, again in the 12th.
If the 8th house cusp gets moved to Pisces, its ruler is still in the 12th. And Mars is a ruler of the eighth house, isn't it, whether or not it rules the sign on its cusp?

More generally, perhaps the Mars/Venus conjunction indicates a struggle with gender issues and gendered expectations. Or at least, it played out that way for him. If it's in his first house, then it's a first house issue, which sounds exactly right for what was going on with him.

Oddity

Mars would only rule the house if Aries is indeed on the cusp. If it's Pisces, Jupiter rules.

That aside, Venus is in very poor zodiacal state. It falls in Virgo, and its conjunct Mars. Add to this the conjunction is trine to moon in Cap. Mars is exalted in Capricorn. That would rev up Mars, giving it power over Venus, women.

Gruesome to think about, but look at what he did.

Mars would only rule the house if Aries is indeed on the cusp. If it's Pisces, Jupiter rules.

That aside, Venus is in very poor zodiacal state. It falls in Virgo, and its conjunct Mars. Add to this the conjunction is trine to moon in Cap. Mars is exalted in Capricorn. That would rev up Mars, giving it power over Venus, women.

Gruesome to think about, but look at what he did.

I wonder if he'd have EVER gotten a girlfriend with the amount of drama going on inside and his messed up chart... I don't know how to accurately predict if he'd have a gf. Maybe look at his solar return chart for the 2013-2014 year and then for the 2014-2015 (if he'd lived) to see if he'd have had a gf during this time.

graay ghost

I wonder if he'd have EVER gotten a girlfriend with the amount of drama going on inside and his messed up chart... I don't know how to accurately predict if he'd have a gf. Maybe look at his solar return chart for the 2013-2014 year and then for the 2014-2015 (if he'd lived) to see if he'd have had a gf during this time.

Is the chart really so messed up, though? If this were the chart of someone on Read My Chart, would warning bells be going off in your head?

Then again it might be helpful to see what the transits were that day...

JUPITERASC

So what I'm getting is that most of this is all karmic past-life stuff, basically something he couldn't control.
I actually did a synastry chart with him and it's compatible, how odd haha.
A reliable synastry chart requires a known and reliable time of birth :smile:
without those it's not an accurate synastry chart
so there's no realistic evidence of compatibility

JUPITERASC

I wonder if he'd have EVER gotten a girlfriend with the amount of drama going on inside and his messed up chart...
I don't know how to accurately predict if he'd have a gf.
Maybe look at his solar return chart for the 2013-2014 year
and then for the 2014-2015 (if he'd lived) to see if he'd have had a gf during this time.
not possible
simply because there is no reliable time of birth :smile:
and so
solar return would be off
as would predictions

A reliable synastry chart requires a known and reliable time of birth :smile:
without those it's not an accurate synastry chart
so there's no realistic evidence of compatibility

But we can get as close as possible. I think almost everyone's chart is off by a few minutes, especially if they from London where they don't record birth times as someone stated earlier.

unique_astrology

My entry.

TaurusTime92, when you started this thread transit Mars was conjunct the MC of my proposed chart for Rodger located to England.

I did these charts more than a year ago so the birthplace location used is London. The difference of Lambeth MC is greater by 4 arcminutes, Asc by 3 so I am not redoing them.

Attachments

• a-Rodger Dual.gif
    a-Rodger Dual.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 33
  • b-Dual Spec.png
    b-Dual Spec.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 34
  • d-Rodger CA N Prog.gif
    d-Rodger CA N Prog.gif
    19 KB · Views: 34

Osamenor

Staff member
Reading up on Elliot Rodger, I wondered if he ever even made any effort to get a girlfriend, or just sat around grumbling about not having one. Looks like he never approached women at all: http://www.reddit.com/r/puahate/comments/26ln79/it_appears_elliot_rodger_never_even_approached_a/

If he'd kept on not even speaking to women, he wouldn't have had a girlfriend even if the stars had been in his favor.
Is the chart really so messed up, though? If this were the chart of someone on Read My Chart, would warning bells be going off in your head?
The chart wouldn't ring any alarms for me in and of itself, but the kinds of things he probably would've posted would.

This is actually making me wonder about some of the sad sacks who keep coming to the Read My Chart forum to post about how awful their lives are. To be fair, I don't see any of them threatening violence, but I do see a few people who just post again and again about the same old problem and don't seem to be doing anything about it, and their problems seem to come down to how they view the world.

Reading up on Elliot Rodger, I wondered if he ever even made any effort to get a girlfriend, or just sat around grumbling about not having one. Looks like he never approached women at all: http://www.reddit.com/r/puahate/comments/26ln79/it_appears_elliot_rodger_never_even_approached_a/

If he'd kept on not even speaking to women, he wouldn't have had a girlfriend even if the stars had been in his favor.

The chart wouldn't ring any alarms for me in and of itself, but the kinds of things he probably would've posted would.

This is actually making me wonder about some of the sad sacks who keep coming to the Read My Chart forum to post about how awful their lives are. To be fair, I don't see any of them threatening violence, but I do see a few people who just post again and again about the same old problem and don't seem to be doing anything about it, and their problems seem to come down to how they view the world.

He never made an effort, he thought women were supposed to come to him.

I suppose people come to Read My Chart for help, but I don't think they're sad sacks. They just need help, like he did.

Osamenor

Staff member
I suppose people come to Read My Chart for help, but I don't think they're sad sacks. They just need help, like he did.

What I meant by sad sack was a person who posts topic after topic on how they don't have any friends, or don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend, or don't have a decent job, etc. Most of the posters in Read My Chart don't do that. They just post their topic once, soak up the advice they get, and move on when that thread fades away. But there are a few sad sacks who come around from time to time, who just can't let go of whatever single issue they're blaming for all their problems. I imagine that's what Elliot Rodger would have done if he'd joined this forum: posted again and again about how he couldn't get a girlfriend.

Then again, he probably wouldn't have joined this forum, because there are rules against hate speech and about half the posters are female. He's known to have frequented forums for men throwing misogynistic rants about the women who don't date them. He's not known to have gone to forums where he would've had to interact with women, let alone talk about anything other than himself. Apparently, he didn't bother talking to women even online.

Oddity

Osa, about 95% of the people here, maybe 99%, see it as a free astrology service. It's easy to get burnt out.

You are under NO obligation to answer threads or read for anyone. If you need some time off from that, take some time off. Just because you answered a question for someone before, it doesn't mean you have to answer if they ask again or ask something else.

Osamenor

Staff member
Osa, about 95% of the people here, maybe 99%, see it as a free astrology service. It's easy to get burnt out.

You are under NO obligation to answer threads or read for anyone. If you need some time off from that, take some time off. Just because you answered a question for someone before, it doesn't mean you have to answer if they ask again or ask something else.

I wasn't complaining about those read my chart threads, just making note of something I've noticed on here and speculating on what the subject of this discussion would have posted if he'd used this forum. I don't respond to most of those repeat threads. If I do respond to someone and then they keep on complaining endlessly about the very same thing, I'm usually out of there. If I keep up a dialog with anyone, there's something in it for me.

I don't feel burnt out at this point, either. The people I have given advice to have, for the most part, been the ones who hear it out and use it. I find that rewarding.

Plus, I use this forum to ask advice for myself now and then, and... a few years ago, when I had something really big go down in my life, I was one of those complainers on another (now defunct) forum. In hindsight, I was using it to gain validation, but not really ready to take much in the way of advice. So now I pay it forward.

If and when I get close to turning pro, I probably won't be on this forum much if at all, assuming it's still up. Right now, I'm very amateur and very interested and in a situation where I can go online a lot, so reading for people on here helps me learn.

Nobody is forcing him to read charts. NOBODY. I don't know where you got that from.

I wasn't complaining about those read my chart threads, just making note of something I've noticed on here and speculating on what the subject of this discussion would have posted if he'd used this forum. I don't respond to most of those repeat threads. If I do respond to someone and then they keep on complaining endlessly about the very same thing, I'm usually out of there. If I keep up a dialog with anyone, there's something in it for me.

I don't feel burnt out at this point, either. The people I have given advice to have, for the most part, been the ones who hear it out and use it. I find that rewarding.

Plus, I use this forum to ask advice for myself now and then, and... a few years ago, when I had something really big go down in my life, I was one of those complainers on another (now defunct) forum. In hindsight, I was using it to gain validation, but not really ready to take much in the way of advice. So now I pay it forward.

If and when I get close to turning pro, I probably won't be on this forum much if at all, assuming it's still up. Right now, I'm very amateur and very interested and in a situation where I can go online a lot, so reading for people on here helps me learn.

Thank you for responding this way. Oddity was just making drama for no reason.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you for responding this way. Oddity was just making drama for no reason.

I don't see Oddity making drama. I think he (she?) was legitimately concerned that I might be burning out, between what I said and that I am very active in reading people's charts. That's why I clarified. End of story.

I don't see Oddity making drama. I think he (she?) was legitimately concerned that I might be burning out, between what I said and that I am very active in reading people's charts. That's why I clarified. End of story.

She was trying to make it seem like I was asking you to keep reading and was forcing you to when I did nothing of the sort. End of story.