Law of Attraction? Is it real? Vision Boards, focused energy, repeating mantras...

JUPITERASC

46916766_1927187527336775_7322194756006576128_n.jpg

corvidcatharsis

My glasses resemble a drawing I made several years before I got them. I'm not sure I willed them into existence, but I hadn't found a pair quite like them before I made the drawing. I think when you know what you want you are primed to recognize the right opportunity.

JUPITERASC

“It is true that acts of giving
will lead to affluence in future lives
but if that is the reason why we give
not only are we ignorant of the true nature of generosity
(the absence of attachment) :smile:
but we are actually increasing attachment to ourselves.
This is why Geshe Sharawa said to his disciples
that he would not tell them
about the positive qualities of generosity
but teach them the problems caused by attachment.
If we focus on the benefits
we could ignore the true nature of generosity."
HH The Gyalwang Karmapa
From the Teachings on "The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva", New York, May 2018

54520463_10157024620073498_4274850644143112192_n.jpg

rosegarden

Because everyone on here is an astrology person, I was wondering if you guys believe in the Law of Attraction. I’ve read the Secret before, but I never really bought into it.

But I was reminded of it watching a YouTube video today, and it was inspiring. If you’re gonna dwell on something, and that you could possibly send a message out into the Universe, you may as well send out something you hope to have.

I remember that I made a Vision Board a while ago, and I actually achieved some of the stuff on it without even realizing it. They weren’t the big things, but pretty awesome that I got them in such a short period of time.

The idea that someone can attract something by just thinking about it, or having it deep in the subconscious can eventually attract it is so weird.

I think that loa might be really true.
It's a good thing that people can attract success through that - the only thing that i can personally think about is the fact that my life might fail just by thinking certain stuff. It freaks me out. I used to be really happy and think that everything would work out, but now that i feel like "i need to be in control" of stuff, i freak out... :andy: I just can't force happiness. :unsure: Now i fear that just by attracting a car accident, i might end up being in one. :eek:
But this is just my silly mind being afraid; this is just another side of the coin. Happiness can come to you if you just let it come, i guess.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I think that loa might be really true.
It's a good thing that people can attract success through that - the only thing that i can personally think about is the fact that my life might fail just by thinking certain stuff. It freaks me out. I used to be really happy and think that everything would work out, but now that i feel like "i need to be in control" of stuff, i freak out... :andy: I just can't force happiness. :unsure: Now i fear that just by attracting a car accident, i might end up being in one. :eek:

cf74af9bddbeab7a9b41644c451b04f3.jpg

JUPITERASC

WHEN IN A STATE OF HATRED
Once one is in a state of hatred
then one always thinks
about ways to cause suffering to someone else
those who we think are disturbing our peace.
Or,
one wants to get rid of
someone else’s state of happiness and well-being.
Once one has hated,
one can go to any length to cause harm to others
One can also harm oneself.
One can even lose one’s life
by committing suicide and so forth.
If that is the case
the potential for harming others is extreme.

~ Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe, Jewel Heart Ann Arbor:smile: