Does Saturn and Pluto transiting the first house bring hardships?

ChildOfVenus

My friend is having a difficult time right now. His car has been broken into on two different occasions. Is there anything in his chart that indicates why he is having a hard time right now? Maybe he just has bad luck in general. It just seems like he's really having a difficult time right now. I've been helping him when I can but I'm just worried.

Attachments

• friendschart.jpg
    friendschart.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Gemini888

Currently a lot of things are sitting in his 9H. Looks like a good time for him to reevaluate his belief and perspective.

Osamenor

Staff member
Currently a lot of things are sitting in his 9H. Looks like a good time for him to reevaluate his belief and perspective.

What's in his ninth house is all fast moving planets. That wouldn't account for the car break ins unless they both happened within the last week. Neither would that account for a difficult time in general, assuming this difficult time has been going on longer than a week.

Does he live in an area where car break ins are common? When did they happen? And what's making his life so hard? If it were just his car getting broken into, that would be a hassle, but it wouldn't be a difficult life in general, so there must be something else going on that makes his life so difficult. When there's a very difficult period of time in someone's life, look at the slow moving transits. Also look at progressions. This chart doesn't show progressions, only transits.

For slow moving transits, he's having his Saturn opposition right now. That's an age-related hard angle Saturn transit, which everyone gets in their mid forties. That could be related to a midlife crisis kind of depression--the "none of my dreams have materialized, what am I really living for" kind of crisis. If that's what he's experiencing, I would see it as a Saturn thing. It's not about which house Saturn is transiting, but what it's aspecting.

He also has a lot in Libra, for Saturn and Pluto to square as they're transiting Capricorn. Right now, his Libra placements have been getting a break, because Saturn and Pluto have already moved on from squaring his early Libra placements and haven't touched the late Libra ones yet. However, there's his Saturn to oppose in the middle of that. And Pluto is applying square to his Mercury.

Meanwhile, transiting Jupiter is turning his natal Jupiter/Venus opposition into a t-square. Jupiter transits, even hard angle ones, usually lighten the load, but they can also represent a Jupiter-related crisis. A Jupiter-related crisis could be the consequences of over confidence or over indulgence, addiction, or problems stemming from deeply entrenched beliefs. If there's a conflict between your beliefs, needs, or experiences, and the collective beliefs of your society, that's Jupiter. In his case, Jupiter is transiting his north node at the same time, which serves to magnify Jupiter (planets transiting the north node have their influence amped up).

So, I do think a re-evaluation of beliefs might be up, but not because there are so many inner planets transiting his ninth house. Everything in Virgo right now might bring the re-evaluation of beliefs even more front and center, but for slow moving transits, we have Jupiter involved twice over, and we have an applying square from Pluto to his ninth house ruler (Mercury).