Covid-19 What's the upside?

Opal

Premium Member
What is to gain?

What good will come of it?

What good came of it?

In Canada, we had some things happening politically.
----------
The teacher's strikes. Now, I hear nothing on the strikes. The children are home. Home schooling is being set up. It will take less teacher for home schooling. Classes can be broadcast, and replayed for years. Questions can be manned by a Help Line.
----------
Daycare. I was hearing complaints about the high cost, and the lack of flexibility in the hours. With the parents home, it won't be highly required service.
----------
High cost office rentals. With the adults working from home, you don't need a large office. Some can become offices from home.
----------
Less communication between staff. Easier to control, not much gossip, less humanity. Don't really notice when someone is let go. Don't really know coworkers. Higher production, less cost.
----------
Blockades. They are gone.
---------

Hkk

Account Closed
What is to gain?

What good will come of it?

What good came of it?

In Canada, we had some things happening politically.
----------
The teacher's strikes. Now, I hear nothing on the strikes. The children are home. Home schooling is being set up. It will take less teacher for home schooling. Classes can be broadcast, and replayed for years. Questions can be manned by a Help Line.
----------
Daycare. I was hearing complaints about the high cost, and the lack of flexibility in the hours. With the parents home, it won't be highly required service.
----------
High cost office rentals. With the adults working from home, you don't need a large office. Some can become offices from home.
----------
Less communication between staff. Easier to control, not much gossip, less humanity. Don't really notice when someone is let go. Don't really know coworkers. Higher production, less cost.
----------
Blockades. They are gone.
---------

Different ways of working
Materialistic tendencies calm down as shopping malls are closed. Even though you have online delivery, no one wants to order packaging and keep to a minimum
People that party and are not going anywhere in life now have to spend time with themselves which will require thinking and working out their life
We don’t take food for granted if we did before
Grateful for any food
No complaining
Do we really need fast food joints
Healthier lifestyle
In U.K. we are allowed one walk per day. We now enjoy that walk and no rush to do anything else
If we lose our jobs it will be a kick up the back side to do what we truly love 💕
People helping each other- my friend offered to drop sanitary wear at my doorstep bless her. She has 2 small babies. I’m ok but nice to know who your friends are
Toiletries and makeup - no more bulk buying and grateful for soap! Not taken for granted
House is sooooo clean
Life Ideas while at home
What would we e doing without modern tech
Listen to the elders when they talked about the war and take it seriously and relate a little
We will be more grateful to life
Nurses work so hard and we expect them too yet realise they are human - more love for the nhs in U.K. now

CapAquaPis

I put up 10 things and lessons covid19 taught all of us in the world.
1. Value our lives and health more. Thousands of Americans lost their lives in the past month. We may have a million cases in the world with a 1-4% mortality rate. My thoughts and prayers for lost lives, the infected and recovered from this pandemic.
2. Take hygeine and sanitation seriously. Not since the Spanish flu a century ago we began to really wash hands and very concerned of touching anything in the outside world. North Americans are having a lesson on the need to do anything to stop covid19 by simply flattening to curve to not have too many serious cases flood and overwhelm our national health care systems.
3. Pay attention to the latest in medical science breakthroughs. Lots of bad news but good news coming out of research to treat, cure and soon vaccinate against covid19. We learn to be patient as much we educate ourselves on prevention and slowing the spread.
4. The serious importance of social distancing, but don't be antisocial. It's said to be working according to scientists, but we can't enforce it severely in public to become unsustainable in social order.
5. Get used to just about everything closed. We need groceries, essential retailers, pharmacies, banks, gas stations and to boost our economy, feel free to do a restaurant drive thru on an occasional basis. We can do deliveries of our necessities too.
6. Support our hospital staff and health depts at this time, listen to doctors and experts to help us be safe, and consult the WHO, US CDC, and UK NHS instead of fear hype media and government politicians, despite they should get real information.
7. Respect government with needed lockdowns, work together between parties and nations, and generations like millennials and boomers need to help each other (seniors at high risk of covid19 and we want to save the young's future, but this crisis is not the end of the world).
8. Help those economically and financially impacted, they need money for keeping food, getting medicine and paying for their homes or utilities.
9. We can live without parties, social gatherings, public events, sports, concerts, bars or clubs, and conventions...we need to stay at home right now.
And 10. Value the internet, phone calls and telecommunications we have to keep human society together. Most of us work at home now, we need to check in family and friends, and we want facts and information to better handle the global covid19 pandemic.

Bunraku

On the plus side, the world leaders are giving people money to survive (money that they said could never be used like that) because they fear that we'll chop off their heads

Opal

Premium Member
On the plus side, the world leaders are giving people money to survive (money that they said could never be used like that) because they fear that we'll chop off their heads

Hehehahahahehe! Interesting upside. I do like it!

CapAquaPis

Saturn in Aquarius from March 21st to July 1st indicates the entire world in a state of lockdown, restrictions of freedoms and a new temporary yet silent reality of the global covid19 pandemic. The ringed planet returns to Aquarius on Dec 17th after a solar eclipse 3 days before to mid July of 2023. Pluto takes over the Aquarius spot 6 months after on Jan 2024.