Aspects and fashion!

jsummerfield

How would aspects influence which styles of fashion one is better suited to?

I noticed that whenever my friend and I go shopping together, while she can't pull off lace or frills to save her life, she wears edgier styles naturally. I asked her about it and she seems to be baffled herself. She would pick brighter, more feminine clothes to try on which would be completely unflattering. In the end, she always goes with a dark statement piece like a military jacket or an asymmetric shirt simply because it looks stunning on her.

I don't know her natal information but she's a Cancer (like me) and we share similar aesthetics.

Maybe she has Venus in Scorpio, or a Moon-Pluto or even Venus-Pluto aspect.

I personally have Moon sextile to Pluto and Venus loosely conjunct Pluto, and that makes me feel more edgy and dark with my femininity. I can relate to what you say about your friend - I absolutely cannot wear super bright colors, frills or extra-feminine styles of clothing. A Scorpio emphasis in the chart can also make one have a darker and more sultry way of dressing.

jsummerfield

I always hear that Cancer loves Frills and lace..and feminine stuff.
They're rarely "daring" in fashion

You may be right. I'm a Cancer and I love delicate, lacy clothing. When I feel adventurous, I experiment with different styles but tend to stick with my usual color palette.

jsummerfield

Maybe she has Venus in Scorpio, or a Moon-Pluto or even Venus-Pluto aspect.

I personally have Moon sextile to Pluto and Venus loosely conjunct Pluto, and that makes me feel more edgy and dark with my femininity. I can relate to what you say about your friend - I absolutely cannot wear super bright colors, frills or extra-feminine styles of clothing. A Scorpio emphasis in the chart can also make one have a darker and more sultry way of dressing.

Now that you mention it, it makes sense! She does channel a lot of Pluto energy with her dark, edgy style. Thanks for the food for thought :)

MTTY05

I think any soft aspects between Venus and Neptune would help one's style. I have an exact trine and I've always been a few years ahead in fashion.

Venus (or Moon) in Libra I would imagine is a good fashion aspect too.

phashin

I would second the Neptune aspects as mentioned above, since Neptune can represent ethereal glamour. In terms of being fashion forward, I would probably look to Uranus/Venus aspects.

I've got an Aries moon that's part of a fire grand trine, with Uranus and mars, and I really like to mix ultra feminine with masculine. Not exactly androgynous because each article is either very soft or very hard. My family scratch their heads because they're very conservative, heavy cap and Saturn placements, but come a few seasons later and a lot of folks are donning some my elements that they teased me about, go figure, lol.

I've also got Venus trine Neptune...and Venus square Uranus.

Overall, I think your placements really contribute to how you like to dress yourself. My Leo friends with Virgo placements love classic silhouettes in bright bold colors. An aqua friend with cap moon and cancer rising loves understated pieces but would color her hair in outrageous colors. Double cap sun/moon & Aries rising sister loves minimalistic pieces in somber colors with one statement accessory, like a costume ring or a thin red belt that really pops against the "ordinary" ensemble. She's also got mars conjunct Venus in Pisces and occasionally dons really feminine pieces in soft pastel colors...the conjunction is in the 12th, so this type of look is rare of her, lol. As for scorpio suns, it's a mixed bag. My boss is one and she never wears black, just very muted earthy tones...I had no idea she was even a Scorpio! Two coworkers are also scorpios and they don't really fancy the dark colors eithe (come to think of it, they don't really come off as scorpios either!) Perhaps a strong Pluto or many Pluto aspects lean towards the black and darker shades as suggested by a member in one the posts above. I love fashion btw, just wanted to throw it out there, :)

theV

A strong Venus in chart. Venus is strong in my chart despite it fall in virgo it the third ruling planet in my chart

byjove

Account Closed
Hey!

Yes I love this topic, Venus in Pisces here. I think Venus has probably the largest impact on this. My sis has the same Venus and adores shopping also.

As a guy with Venus in Pisces...shopping makes me very happy! Styles...I have Cancer rising, Moon in Virgo which, opposes Venus in Pisces. I like outfits to be very integrated - every colour has a purpose, there are no accidents. I have a preference for softer or muted tones but never dull or bland, just not colours that need shades. e.g. today it's dark jeans, beige and white top, white t-shirt underneath. Shoes will either be casual brown shoes or crazy trainers to break up the colours.

My favourite colours have always been green and blue. I think black is the most overused colour the world has ever known in fashion, but I think black works VERY well on me, when I do use it.

I've a fair amount of military style items. One guy said I gave the impression of a 'clean-cut, slick professional'. I certainly respect and aspire to that look.

Despite a preference for softer tones and well-integrated outfits, clean-cut or military styles, I have more than partial to the primary colours. I have them in almost every item of clothing imaginable. Shoes are a HUGE interest, that'll be Venus and Mercury in Pisces.

Last edited: