Sexual Nature

CapAquaPis

What about Mars, Jupiter or even Saturn or the presence of Lilith in the 3rd house and its relation to sexuality, marriage and child-bearing? This is rather a powerful potent place to determine such fields of ones' love life. And in my case, Virgo is the 3rd house: the sign of casual romance influenced by the ruling Planet Mercury, and when it falls in its' exact opposite sign Pisces.

What about Mars, Jupiter or even Saturn or the presence of Lilith in the 3rd house and its relation to sexuality, marriage and child-bearing? This is rather a powerful potent place to determine such fields of ones' love life. And in my case, Virgo is the 3rd house: the sign of casual romance influenced by the ruling Planet Mercury, and when it falls in its' exact opposite sign Pisces.

do you want to post your chart? I'm not to good with data but great with pics...:smile:

Frank

In my opinion (and in the opinion of pre-modern and non-psychological astrologers - if you read them carefully), the only sex covered by the 8th House is that where a monetary arrangement has been made in compensation for such.

Lilly speaks of in his section on the 8th House "Dowry of the Wife, Portion of the Maid, whether much or little, easie to be obtained or with difficulty." (Portion refers to the money bequeathed to unmarried women to attract men to marry her.)

As far as houses go, I prefer the use of the 5th and 7th houses in matters relating to sex as either a pleasurable activity or part of a relationship.

Ramesey, in "Astrology Restored" gives the 7th House to "Venusian Sports" - as it were.

As far as planetary significators go, I'd use Venus as the natural ruler of sex, in addition to the the 5th and 7th rulers.

For sex and other relationship issues, I highly recommend Kim Farnell's recent book, "Star Crossed" - which can be found at Amazon and elsewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Crossed-Kim-Farnell/dp/0557558867

Last edited:

serafin5

I'm giving the classical astrologers' take on this question.

Venus and Jupiter are the lesser and greater benefics. They both create benefit, Venus through pleasure and Jupiter through increase. Venus rules not only love, but beauty, marriage and sexual pleasure. She will show that which you desire and that which attracts you. You should look to the sexual nature primarily through her.

That being said, all planets have houses in which they are "joyful". The joy of Venus is the 5th house, the house of pleasure and amusements. In horary it is often used to represent romances, but it also represents games, amusements, entertainments and sensual delights. All of these things are also under the domain of Venus. Remember, Venus's domain is the bedroom. Mars' domain is the battlefield.

The 8th house is the house of death, other people's money, inheritances and the management of estates, and in my opinion should not be used for the sexual nature.

As far as the Moon is concerned, she, along with Venus, are called "appetitive" and represents our appetite and the thing we reach for in response to stimulus. Aspects of the Moon with Venus can make a person sexually inclined, as the Moon primarily responds in a Venusian manner. Of course, if Saturn is involved in the aspect he can put a damper on sexual responses.

I respectfully disagree with Mars being connected with desire. Venus represents desire and Mars representing our actions, or how we actually do the things we do, actually goes for the thing Venus desires. That being said, he is important for the "execution" of our sexual desires. If he is in Venusian signs (Taurus, Libra) with Venus in Martial signs (Aries, Scorpio...yes, Scorpio!), you can bet the person will have strong sexual nature, and may have problems keeping it in their pants.

In looking at many charts, I have also found that a profusion of water signs makes the person highly sexual. Remember that Pisces is the exaltation of Venus, and Scorpio rules the sexual organs. Generally, if the Moon is in a water sign and in trine to another planet, especially benefics Venus or Jupiter in water signs, the nature is generally highly sexual.

So
1. Check out Venus's position and aspects. Make sure she's not in Virgo which is her fall.
2. The fifth house and it's lord. Pleasure comes in all forms, so if Saturn is there or rules it, it could mean that they get pleasure out of work, isolation or ponderous activity.
3. Check the Moon, is she in a water sign? Contacting Venus? Contacting Venus or Jupiter in Water signs? In her exaltation of Taurus, which will make the native highly tactile and often sensual depending on the Moon's aspects.
4. Mars executes that which Venus desires. How he operates will show you the native's approach to sex and how active he is about getting it.

Hope this helps.

I thought this was an excellent post; thanks!!! My only comment was that I was surprised that it was the profusion of water signs in the chart; I would've thought it would've been fire signs.

Serafin5:smile:

MaeMae

Banned
For both sexes, Mars and aspects that enhance or limit his expression are most telling.
Men and Women both ACT OUT their sexual nature based on their Mars.
The human race is propegated based on Mars.
Mercury, as well ~ the biggest sex organ, resting between our ears, reminder that imagination is powerful in sexual nature.

Frank

For both sexes, Mars and aspects that enhance or limit his expression are most telling.
Men and Women both ACT OUT their sexual nature based on their Mars.
The human race is propegated based on Mars.
Mercury, as well ~ the biggest sex organ, resting between our ears, reminder that imagination is powerful in sexual nature.

Of course, sex is an all-encompassing subject and different for every person. But I believe Mars is much more about violence than about sex, per se.

MaeMae

Banned
Frank,
that is an interesting perspective and I agree somewhat.
Sex, like violence, is an act of "no point of return."
Once you've crossed THE threshold of letting go, whether in bed or on the street, there is no stopping. Logic, propriety, mental accuity go out the window. The continuum of creation and destruction meet, which is why Mars is traditional ruler of Scorpio, I imagine.
But without Mars, would the Initiative to procreate exist? Although for many, sex is anything but procreation, it can be likened to violence ~ increased senses, adrenaline rush and the strange silent euphoria that follows each act.

TestAstro

Banned
I think regard to sexual things, it should be read from 7th house and its ruler. 7th house as a house of close relationship and marriage, has very close relation to sexual things. And to determine the sex nature, asc ruler also should be taken in consideration. If we see the asc ruler strong and 7th ruler weak, then the native itself may have a good nature but its sexual partner's nature could be not so good. And both asc and 7th ruler have good dignity is the ideal case, which is not often shown. On the countery, if weak asc ruler with a strong 7th house ruler, especially 7th ruler in its own sign in 7th house, then we can see that this native have bless from its spouse, and the native itself may not be as successful or famous as its spouse. The not so good case is both ruler weak, which may product a hard relationship, and if 7th ruler in seriously deb, in 12th house or other bad combination, then this native may have a high risk to devorce or loss spouse. And if asc ruler and 7th house in the same house, in either trine house or oppersite house, with both ruler weak, then we can see that this native's sexual nature must be very poor.

byjove

Account Closed
Am I right in saying:

- sex related to Mars is a modern concept
(was Venus previously the most related planet?)

-sex is considered an 8th house in modern astrology
(and 5th house previously?)

dr. farr

Venus was more regarded re to sex than Mars in the past although Mars always had a relationship to lust and rape (forced sex; sexual act as power of aggressor)

5th always had a strong relationship to sexual pleasure; however we find the 8th connected with sex.sex organs, in early jyotish and in Al-Biruni (11th century Islamic transitional era)

autumn

In my experience Venus is the planet of love not sex....Mars is libido. Many times I have been told a Gemini man is my soul mate and who I'm attacted to because my Venus is in Gemini. I have never been attacted to a Gemini. Aquarius yes, and my mars and moon are in Aquarius. Sex is demonstrated in part by the 5th house and the 8th house. Pluto position is also important. Also lilith has a hand in turning the tide. Other facts are outside astrology such as enviromental factors. What is the relationship with parent of opposite sex?