5th house Capricorn on cusp

waybread

The horoscope has expired. You can't link a horoscope directly from your Astrodienst file. Try saving the horoscope to your computer and uploading the image as a clickable thumbnail. On a cell phone, try linking your chart via imgur.com .

But basically, in answer to your question, no. We would say that Saturn rules your 5th house, but Saturn itself may be in a completely different sort of sign and house. Saturn's own situation will have a lot to say about your 5th house, however. A good rule-of-thumb is that "the house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." (astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag.)

clip11

The horoscope has expired. You can't link a horoscope directly from your Astrodienst file. Try saving the horoscope to your computer and uploading the image as a clickable thumbnail. On a cell phone, try linking your chart via imgur.com .

But basically, in answer to your question, no. We would say that Saturn rules your 5th house, but Saturn itself may be in a completely different sort of sign and house. Saturn's own situation will have a lot to say about your 5th house, however. A good rule-of-thumb is that "the house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." (astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag.)

My Saturn is in Sagittarius and I have Saturn in 3rd and fourth houses.
astro_w2gw_franklin.5986.52554.png

waybread

You have a major focus on the 4th house of "home." Are you a real homebody?

The 5th house rules recreational and leisure activities, as well as one's children (if any.) The old traditional astrologers also put casual, uncommitted love affairs in the house (as an amusement, I suppose) vs. a committed relationship such as marriage.

The two signs Sagittarius and Capricorn are very strong in you chart, as well.

With Saturn ruling your 5th house, you may find delays in having children, or have just a few children vs. a large family. You may be more attracted to leisure activities that you can do at home.

However, Sagittarius, Capricorn and Saturn also enjoy activities that get them out-of-doors, perhaps in solo mode. I don't know if you are still in your birth city, where these may not be feasible, but something like long-distance running seems like it would ring both your Sagittarian and Capricorn chimes.

The danger with a strong 4th house concentration is an unwillingness to spend much time anywhere else. So I hope you have solved this possible problem.

clip11

You have a major focus on the 4th house of "home." Are you a real homebody?

The 5th house rules recreational and leisure activities, as well as one's children (if any.) The old traditional astrologers also put casual, uncommitted love affairs in the house (as an amusement, I suppose) vs. a committed relationship such as marriage.

The two signs Sagittarius and Capricorn are very strong in you chart, as well.

With Saturn ruling your 5th house, you may find delays in having children, or have just a few children vs. a large family. You may be more attracted to leisure activities that you can do at home.

However, Sagittarius, Capricorn and Saturn also enjoy activities that get them out-of-doors, perhaps in solo mode. I don't know if you are still in your birth city, where these may not be feasible, but something like long-distance running seems like it would ring both your Sagittarian and Capricorn chimes.

The danger with a strong 4th house concentration is an unwillingness to spend much time anywhere else. So I hope you have solved this possible problem.

I like going for long walks and runs at night. I'm in my early 30s with no children and I know people in their mid 30s with teenagers. My cousin who's almost 2 years older than me has a daughter turning 13 later this year. My other cousin who's 6 years younger than me has a 6 year old son. I wish I would have been in a situation to have kids in my late teens or early 20s. A lot of it had to do with me having undiagnosed ADD which puts you behind your peers socially and the fact that as far as my physical attractiveness goes, I didn't start to improve much until my late 20s so both were hinderances to relations with women.

I want to get out more but it seems like I always work all the time. Plus, it seems like the negative traits of Saturn and Capricorn always overtake the positive traits of Sagittarius. Do you have any suggestions on how to go about getting in touch with my Sag qualitites.

waybread

It may help to think of yourself like a committee or big extended family, not as a unified individual. Each planet, sign, and house has its own personality. If we look at how they're situated in a chart, some get along as best friends, others butt heads with each other, maybe one is a loner, and a couple really don't make contact.

If you like making up conversations between them, see what they want from each other. Then get them to agree to a mutual plan that is either a win-win or a workable compromise.

Jupiter is probably the strongest planet in your chart, as it is the traditional ruler of Pisces, where it is domiciled. Jupiter rules qualities like faith and optimism. Maybe it just needs to thank cranky Mr. Saturn for sharing, stop working so hard, and let itself have some fun once in a while.

A simple task would be to jot down a few small steps that you could take to improve life, and then just schedule them in. Join a reputable on-line dating service or participate in activities likely to attract like-minded women? With Jupiter and Mars right on your 7th house cusp, you might want to take a few steps in that direction. Or maybe you know women who would happily accept a low-key invitation from you if you took the initiative. Maybe it's time for a vacation? Jupiter and Sagittarius enjoy travel.

Most importantly, faith in yourself and in the future. Many people are late-bloomers.

Lin

You have a bundle chart with a very powerful Saturn AND Jupiter dynamics.

Because your bundle is near your IC and Saturn is there....it sort of dilutes Sagi's freedom loving (and living) activities. And yes, Capricorn on the 5th with Saturn conj Uranus with NO place to go can produce a lot of issues of the type you describe.

Plus Saturn squares the ruler of that IC - Jupiter - the great YES. Saturn is the great NO. In astrology, the furtuer the planet from the earth, the more powerful it is as represents a "stage setting" for the inner personal planets. I know,this may not seem logical but it's the way it works. So Saturn can overwhelm Jupiter energy and inhibit it, and it does in your chart.

Saturn conj or square Jupiter is considered a very difficult dynamic to work with.

HOwever, even tho Saturn represents "authority figures" in life, beginning with the 'father figure" and any other father figure or authority figure, doctors, lawyers, bosses, anyone who can 'tell you what to do or not to do.'
Also: Saturn represents "GOD" as the ultimate authority figure (but in your own mythological concept.)

There is one other Authority Figure in your life . A very important authority figure. It's you. YOu are your own boss once you are matured. Usually after the Saturn return one begins to FEEL this way: that if "I am not my own authority, who is? To whom am I giving my personal power?"

For all intents and purposes your Saturn return lasted from February 1, 2016 through through the beginning of the first week in November of 2017.

That would the be timeframe for the realization that if you want something to change in your life, YOU will have to be the one to change it.

see?

Lin

Last edited:

clip11

You have a bundle chart with a very powerful Saturn AND Jupiter dynamics.

Because your bundle is near your IC and Saturn is there....it sort of dilutes Sagi's freedom loving (and living) activities. And yes, Capricorn on the 5th with Saturn conj Uranus with NO place to go can produce a lot of issues of the type you describe.

Plus Saturn squares the ruler of that IC - Jupiter - the great YES. Saturn is the great NO. In astrology, the furtuer the planet from the earth, the more powerful it is as represents a "stage setting" for the inner personal planets. I know,this may not seem logical but it's the way it works. So Saturn can overwhelm Jupiter energy and inhibit it, and it does in your chart.

Saturn conj or square Jupiter is considered a very difficult dynamic to work with.

HOwever, even tho Saturn represents "authority figures" in life, beginning with the 'father figure" and any other father figure or authority figure, doctors, lawyers, bosses, anyone who can 'tell you what to do or not to do.'
Also: Saturn represents "GOD" as the ultimate authority figure (but in your own mythological concept.)

There is one other Authority Figure in your life . A very important authority figure. It's you. YOu are your own boss once you are matured. Usually after the Saturn return one begins to FEEL this way: that if "I am not my own authority, who is? To whom am I giving my personal power?"

For all intents and purposes your Saturn return lasted from February 1, 2016 through through the beginning of the first week in November of 2017.

That would the be timeframe for the realization that if you want something to change in your life, YOU will have to be the one to change it.

see?

Lin

But how can I be the one to change anything if Saturn is always putting limitations. That seems like an oxymoron? Almost like saying that you're free to go outside as long as you can walk through the brick wall first.

waybread

You can rethink Saturn in ways that are consistent with its core meanings. They may not seem like a lot of fun, but mastering them will get you farther in life:

frugality, deferred gratification
self-discipline
learning to get by without a lot of stuff-- or even without a lot of money
hard work. Saving vs. spending
appreciation of old people and things: old books, antiques,buildings, &c.

It's like saying that you're free to go outside as long as you dress for the rain storm outside and show up for work on time.

That still gives you a lot of freedom to go outside.

clip11

You can rethink Saturn in ways that are consistent with its core meanings. They may not seem like a lot of fun, but mastering them will get you farther in life:

frugality, deferred gratification
self-discipline
learning to get by without a lot of stuff-- or even without a lot of money
hard work. Saving vs. spending
appreciation of old people and things: old books, antiques,buildings, &c.

It's like saying that you're free to go outside as long as you dress for the rain storm outside and show up for work on time.

That still gives you a lot of freedom to go outside.

I guess my question is...to what end? I mean, if I worked hard and saved and deferred gratification but still had little money or little joy out of life in the end, what is it all for? What is the lesson supposed to be? It seems like misery for misery's sake. Unless there was some sort of reward in the end.

waybread

Define "reward"-- for yourself. Then with what sense of personal values do you define "reward."

These days, I define my rewards as learning that I've been helpful to people, having friends and family, and having time to indulge my hobbies.

Saturn tends to reward his apt pupils later in life.

But if you want to be a multi-billionaire, you might read up on Warren Buffett. He lives a frugal personal life while knowing how to make money grow via investments.

Bling and glitz get pretty shallow. But maybe that's not what you are thinking.

clip11

Define "reward"-- for yourself. Then with what sense of personal values do you define "reward."

These days, I define my rewards as learning that I've been helpful to people, having friends and family, and having time to indulge my hobbies.

Saturn tends to reward his apt pupils later in life.

But if you want to be a multi-billionaire, you might read up on Warren Buffett. He lives a frugal personal life while knowing how to make money grow via investments.

Bling and glitz get pretty shallow. But maybe that's not what you are thinking.

I define reward as being able to adequately meet my Maslow heiarchies of human wants and needs to the extent that I am happy and satisfied in my life. As my life stands right now, I can't help but think that there has to be more joy to life than I am experiencing. Just basically work, work some more, wake up and do it all over again.

waybread

Cliff, I note that your birth time is rounded to the nearest hour. Do you know if it is accurate or an estimate? If the latter, your house cusps may be off. I'm going with this chart, but it might not be accurate.

I don't know what line of work you are in, but with that gi-mongous 4th house stellium, you might be happier either working from home, or choosing a 4th house type of career like real estate, property management, interior design, home renovations, or something to do with genealogy/family history. Or something like Habitat for Humanity. These are all 4th house matters, and you've got the ruler of your 10th house of career in the 4th house. The modern ruler of your 6th house of work and service is also in your 4th house, and the traditional ruler Saturn conjuncts the cusp.

Possibly psychology, but that requires massive amounts of higher education and clinical hours under supervision in order to practice.

I get the Maslow heirarchy, but that's pretty generic. Isn't it what everybody wants? What in particular? You've got Chiron in your 10th house of career, which is kind of the Big Ouch so far as your vocation in life goes. Maybe you know, in your heart of hearts, what you'd love to be doing, but got burned and think you cannot do it.

Jupiter is the strongest planet in your chart, domiciled in its traditional sign of Pisces. It's in your 6th house conjunct your 7th house cusp, so you might think about either something with more of a service orientation and/or with a partner.

With Pluto quintile your MC from the 2th, you may be highly motivated to have a lucrative career (again, assuming a correct birth time) but I think your heart lies more in those 4th house matters.

If you can input your Part of Fortune, that will give more of an indication of what you enjoy and what goes well for you, by sign and house.

Last edited:

clip11

Cliff, I note that your birth time is rounded to the nearest hour. Do you know if it is accurate or an estimate? If the latter, your house cusps may be off. I'm going with this chart, but it might not be accurate.

I don't know what line of work you are in, but with that gi-mongous 4th house stellium, you might be happier either working from home, or choosing a 4th house type of career like real estate, property management, interior design, home renovations, or something to do with genealogy/family history. Or something like Habitat for Humanity. These are all 4th house matters, and you've got the ruler of your 10th house of career in the 4th house. The modern ruler of your 6th house of work and service is also in your 4th house, and the traditional ruler Saturn conjuncts the cusp.

Possibly psychology, but that requires massive amounts of higher education and clinical hours under supervision in order to practice.

I get the Maslow heirarchy, but that's pretty generic. Isn't it what everybody wants? What in particular? You've got Chiron in your 10th house of career, which is kind of the Big Ouch so far as your vocation in life goes. Maybe you know, in your heart of hearts, what you'd love to be doing, but got burned and think you cannot do it.

Jupiter is the strongest planet in your chart, domiciled in its traditional sign of Pisces. It's in your 6th house conjunct your 7th house cusp, so you might think about either something with more of a service orientation and/or with a partner.

With Pluto quintile your MC from the 2th, you may be highly motivated to have a lucrative career (again, assuming a correct birth time) but I think your heart lies more in those 4th house matters.

If you can input your Part of Fortune, that will give more of an indication of what you enjoy and what goes well for you, by sign and house.

I found my birth certificate and I was born at 1115 pm instead of 11 pm. This is my updated chart
astro_w2gw_frank.24007.152636.png

Since Saturn rules Capricorn and I have Saturn in my3rd house, could there be a connection? Also my Chiron is in the 9th house.

clip11

How do I find my part of fortune?

waybread

Go back to Astrodienst's free chart page. Near the lower left, you will see a menu of additional data points that you can add.

clip11

Go back to Astrodienst's free chart page. Near the lower left, you will see a menu of additional data points that you can add.

astro_2gw_frank.79711.32890.jpg

It looks like my POF is in Libra. I also believe that something about my fifth house is related to my third house due to the fact that I have Saturn in my 3rd and it rules capricorn. It seems like communication may be the way to help unlock my 5th house fully, I'm just speculating.

Last edited:

waybread

You wont know till you try. In your first house the P of F says you might enjoy just being more of yourself, and feeling comfortable in your own skin.