Ceres rules Virgo, and the Earth rules Taurus.. Thoughts?

CapAquaPis

Re: Ceres rules Virgo, and Earth rules Taurus.. Thoughts?

Not really. Virgo is an Earth sign, and Earth signs are skeptics and non-believers. Jupiter is all about the beliefs and positivity.

Also, Jupiter is big picture – makes everything wide and expansive. Virgo focus on the tiny little details that don't hold any weight.

Maybe it's logical to believe Jupiter represents Virgo and Sagittarius' contrasts and ironic symbolism. Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces, so can Jupiter be a Piscean planet? And they are all mutable signs, except Gemini (Mercury rules Gemini and Virgo). I view Jupiter as the king (sagittarius), queen (pisces) and heir (virgo, either a prince or princess) of astrology and planetary rulerships.

Peakachoo79ta

I agree with Ceres ruling Virgo. As for Venus, I feel like Libra is a better match. With Taurus, maybe another planet would make a better match too.

Mad Madam Mimm

Now the traditional system had it down pretty good.

All signs were ruled by two planets except for Leo and Cancer.

However, when modern astrology came about, the newer planets were associated with the signs.

Aries: Mars
Taurus: Venus
Gemini:Mercury
Cancer: Moon
Leo: Sun
Virgo: Mercury
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Pluto
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Uranus
Pisces: Neptune

The only signs left that don’t have a planet of their own are Taurus, Libra, Gemini, and Mercury.

I feel like Venus fits with Libra more. And I feel like Mercury fits with Gemini more.

So that leaves Taurus and Virgo.

Taurus should be assigned earth. Because anything born on Earth has an inherent Taurus nature to it. And Earth itself is like fixed Earth. It’s a giant rock that maintains its Earth. And it’s seen as the center of the solar system even though it’s not. Earth is the most beautiful planet and it has life on it. Taurus in my eyes represents life. Scorpio on the other hand is death and transformation. Life forms on Earth are slow to change and fear death and pursue life.

So Earth rules Taurus.

Which leaves Gemini and Virgo. Well, I think Mercury rules Gemini. Which leaves Virgo alone.

But the. I read about the asteroid Ceres, and the description matches Virgo really really well.

Ceres is about food (earthy), agriculture (Virgo ends the summer season which may begin harvest or preparing for colder temperatures), transitions in females life, nurturing and motherhood. Although Cancer is nurturing and motherly, Virgo is too in a very practical way.

So yeah, Ceres rules Virgo.
I find that could play out as a minor influence as an influencing arcatype of a lower octave. If anything, Ceres would pull more from a low vibing Cancer, not Virgo.

Perhaps Vulcan hides behind the moon and it’s been been said perhaps that’s Virgos ruler… Nobody really knows, it’s the moon. Speaking as someone with a lot of Virgo placements, a Virgo can be to detached to act like a suffocating caregiver. It def pulls from mercury, it’s analytical, and just as quicksilver as Gemini, only more grounded.

Just my thoughts, but that’s an interesting perspective.
Can you give me more details as to why you would associate the two, besides the Demeter connection.