Planet's sign is different from the cusp of the house it's in, does that alter effect

excellentph

A quick example to get to the point. I have my rahu (north node) in the numerical house #9. The cusp of this house is Scorpio. Hence, my rahu could well have been in Scorpio. But because my rahu happens to be so far away (very near to 11 house cusp), my rahu is actually in Sagittarius (even though it is in Scorpio house). You get the point.

So my question is: what should I pay more attention to: Scorpio or Sagittarius? It’s clear that in terms of numerical value it’s the 9th house matters, but what about rulership and dashas—should I pay more attention to Mars (and partially Pluto) as a lord versus the role of Jupiter…?

Doing a google search I was inspired by this topic (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=213044 Sorry, new member registrations are temporarily closed there) but thought would open a new topic and put it in simple terms since I did not quite find an answer there…

On a related note, I can partly answer my own question: because astrology is so vast both Mars and Jupiter are important in the case in question, but still wanted to hear from you. Thanks!

PS and I pay a lot of attention to aspects between planets (especially planetary geometry) because they are time-invariant.