My Yod--looking for home.

piscesascendant

With my Yod (Saturn in Cancer in 4th on 5th cusp, Moon in Aquarius in 12th, Neptune in Sag. in 9th), it feels like I'm continuously looking for home. (Both a brick and mortar home, as well as that energy I call home.) Not a bad thing per se, just feels lonely sometimes, while adventurous at other times. Kind of like missed opportunities feel like they may never resurface, while the anticipation of a golden opportunity just around the corner is the best feeling in the world.

Was wondering if anyone else out there had a similar feeling and what planets and configurations brought it about?

Attachments

• Brian's chart.jpg
    Brian's chart.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42

neko senshi

Although I feel close to my family and some friends, I also have some loneliness issues. Then again, I am a private person and wouldn't want a zillion friends and parties to go to.
I have a yod: Moon in Taurus in the 12th inconjunct Sun and Pluto in Libra in the 5th, and Neptune in Sagittarius in the 7th.

Lin

Hi Brian,
Unfortunately, you have the ruler of your 4th houseMercury, sandwiched in between your moon and Sun in your 12th house. And as you pointed out, Saturn does inconjunct your moon.

The fouth house represents symbolically, your "innermost identity" and it's really really hard to have your own identity when both "parental symbols" are so close to your "innermost identity metaphor" ....mercury in Gemini. Granted, they are both air signs, but their manifestations are very very different. (for instance, Aquarius is very fixed and Gemini mutable, and Aquarius rules your 12, and has a whole different priority.)

For instance, symbolically, the 12th house is a 'water' house, and is naturally ruled by Neptune. All 4 planets in your 12th are therefore influenced by Neptune....the 3 in Aquarius and the Venus in Pisces. Next the 3 in Aquarius are Uranian...so now, symbolically we have Neptune and Uranus powerfully affecting 3 of your most powerful personal planets, including the ONE, Merc, which rules your most personal identity (and symbolically, your spiritual home.)

PLuto in Libra trines these, and therefore encourages you, symbolically, to BE the Sun and Moon, which means that it's almost "impossible" to separate yourself from the influence (in some way) of the parents. Saturn also rules the "father figure" and this only complicates the issues, with Saturn inconjunct the Moon and by connection, Mercury.

Neptune square Venus, so it's really hard, also, for you to be very specific about "what you want." The first step in getting what you want is to KNOW what it is. But with Saturn trine your Venus and opposition your Mars, even when you know what your want (or think you do) and then get it, something is not satisfying! This is a very strange conflict, and has a lot to do with the 12th house connection, and the fact that Saturn rules your 11th, the house of "goals." You can be successful, popular, etc, but still feel like something is missing.

And I think that you may need some sort of therapy, maybe hypnotherapy, to ascertain if you are living a totally authentic life, or if, in fact, you are living a life (no matter how outwardly successful) that has not been planned and executed by YOU...the real you...but by people around you, according to their expectations.

What you do think of what I propose above....meditate on it and let me know if you think it's possible that that is indeed what has been your experience.
LIN

Last edited:

kazman32

I understand too...I always feel like something is 'missing' there is a loneliness deep inside...I try no to think about it to much, because it will ruin whatever fun I am having atm..here is my chart 2 yods(I;m also diagnosed with bi-polar) Remember your not alone there are others who feel the same who have the same emptiness and hunger for what they cannot find/have.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 24

Lin

Kind of wish Brian had gotten back to me regarding what I told him and if it is accurate and if he could relate to it.

Kevin, the difference between your chart and Brian's is that you have Saturn sextiling you 4 planets in your 11th house of goals, friends and socializing, so you have major help in dealing with the negatives.

Your moon, however, if sort of out there in left field, not reall making any major aspects except the wide ones to Pluto-Uranus.
ARe you sure about your birth time?

Also you have no 12th house planets.

I think your Yod may be keeping you from achieving or even making major time for a creative part of your life, whereby you could express your feelings. Neptune inconjuncts are especially insideous....you can't quite put your finger on what the "matter" really is. It can paralyze you, not literally, of course, but figuratively.

You see? For YOU Saturn is a great friend!
LIN

I have seen many charts with 3or more Yods and these people are always looking for answers and searching for the meaning to life, bit like itch you can't scratch....

Info on Yod’s
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
http://asphodelea.com/yods.html
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology)
http://realastrologers.com/?p=331
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...t-and-yod.html
http://thezodiac.com/yod.htm

Originally posted by Lillyjc

I highly recommend "The Yod Book" or “Aspects and Personality”, by Karen Hamaker Zondag, if you can find it. Great book on yods and unaspected planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...highlight=Yods
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...highlight=Yods

kazman32

Kind of wish Brian had gotten back to me regarding what I told him and if it is accurate and if he could relate to it.

Kevin, the difference between your chart and Brian's is that you have Saturn sextiling you 4 planets in your 11th house of goals, friends and socializing, so you have major help in dealing with the negatives.

Your moon, however, if sort of out there in left field, not reall making any major aspects except the wide ones to Pluto-Uranus.
ARe you sure about your birth time?

Also you have no 12th house planets.

I think your Yod may be keeping you from achieving or even making major time for a creative part of your life, whereby you could express your feelings. Neptune inconjuncts are especially insideous....you can't quite put your finger on what the "matter" really is. It can paralyze you, not literally, of course, but figuratively.

You see? For YOU Saturn is a great friend!
LIN

I am pretty positive about my birth time...it's strange I keep a small circle, I have really 1 good friend(the lady I live with) and that may now be in trouble too..I feel like being alone a lot and rarely return friends phone calls, I;m a bad friend in that way...I feel guilty..but I just feel like being alone a lot of the time..but then that other 'twin' hits and I want to be out on the town...frustrating...

Lin

Saturn is about to conjunct the ruler of your house of relationships, so you are going to have to WORK on that in order to go foward. If the relationship is ill, you won't continue to feel at home where you are. The people we live with affect of greatly, whether we like it or not, no matter how independent we think we are.
Also the ruler of your 4th house of "home" is Venus, which is being squared by Saturn. The work has to be done on this relationship or you will need to move on.
LIN

Last edited:

kazman32

Thank you for your help, deep down I feel the need to move on often, I have to fight it at times even when I;m in what I would call a very nice relationship, I'm almost always torn in 2 ways...surprise huh...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_kevin.78298.13488.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_kevin.78298.13488.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19

siren1111

Hi So glad someone brought this up. I too have difficulty keeping a home. I tend to move around a bit- not sure if this is permanent or just the way my environment is. When I leave, I move on from that home and I have achieved all that I was meant to in that community. Then I start looking for a new community and where I have to do my next spiritual work. Hmmm..it is a difficult path to be in. I can include my chart as well for compare/contrast.

racole12

I have a Yod too-- Moon in Taurus in 11th/12th house as the apex, inconj by Pluto in the 5th & Libra and on the other side Sun/Neptune in Sag in 6th house. Also. I have Uranus opposite of my Moon in Scp in the 5th/6th house too. I heard this is called a Boomerang. I'm seriously restless, I usually move every 6 months, move to a different city every 2 yrs. I am 30, and I have had at least 40 jobs (it has greatly slowed down the last 2 yrs), I have ADHD.lol. Also, I have never been in a serious relationship. Once a relationship is established I become restless and run. I prefer to be alone and a have a very small circle. I do feel lonely, but that didn't kick in until my Saturn return... if anybody can give me some info about my Yod I'm open to it!

Seems like the people who I stay in a long relationship with in any form they are triggering my Yod one of two places. I have a person that triggers both. Those places are the midpoint of both inconjunctions... which are for me about 10 degrees Leo or Pisces.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Becca.jpg
    Becca.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 23
I have a Yod too-- Moon in Taurus in 11th/12th house as the apex, inconj by Pluto in the 5th & Libra and on the other side Sun/Neptune in Sag in 6th house. Also. I have Uranus opposite of my Moon in Scp in the 5th/6th house too. I heard this is called a Boomerang. I'm seriously restless, I usually move every 6 months, move to a different city every 2 yrs. I am 30, and I have had at least 40 jobs (it has greatly slowed down the last 2 yrs), I have ADHD.lol. Also, I have never been in a serious relationship. Once a relationship is established I become restless and run. I prefer to be alone and a have a very small circle. I do feel lonely, but that didn't kick in until my Saturn return... if anybody can give me some info about my Yod I'm open to it!

Seems like the people who I stay in a long relationship with in any form they are triggering my Yod one of two places. I have a person that triggers both. Those places are the midpoint of both inconjunctions... which are for me about 10 degrees Leo or Pisces.

Thanks!

You seem to be describing lots and things here and apportioning them all to your Yod which I don't feel is correct here. Firstly, you have venus conj uranus (albeit wide orb) accounts for the broken relationships and needing lots of freedom and independence within relationships. Then moon in Taurus (not scorpio) opposes Uranus/venus again suggesting emotional stress from childhood and broken relationships and poss emotionally erractic mother.

Having Sun/neptune conj suggests you are more like a suggestable Pisces than Saggi."I have had at least 40 jobs " this is cos you don't have a clear self image of what is that you want to do, although your daily routines and work environment is important, Neptune there is asking you to make sacrifices and Saggi wants freedom and independence to do its own thing

sun.gif
conjunction.gif
neptune.gif

Sun conjunct Neptune
With Neptune aligned with their egos and their wills, people born under this aspect seek out some added dimension in their lives. Whether that is spiritual, artistic, or simply "different", there is some kind of quest for higher meaning with this aspect. Neptune acts to soften the will, which can translate to a weakened willpower and susceptibility or impressionability.
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunneptuneaspects.html

When a sun sign is conjunct a heavyweight planet from Saturn onwards, ie: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, that sun person automatically becomes and honorary Saturian, Uranian, Neptunian and Plutonian cos the contact with very strong

Sun square saturn shows a problem with father and cautious reserved nature. Using Solar arcs SA IC conj Saturn age 8 suggests problems starting from that age with father or authority figure. Saturn square neptune = fear of unknown and can be depressive to.

The trine from moon to saturn is your strength and core and in Equal house (the one I use) your Saturn is in 3rd house not 4th.

Your N Node in 3rd house of gemini in sign of Virgo and Gemini Asc suggests that communications are ultimately going to be important in this incarnation and paying attention to details (virgo)

Hope this helps