Venus opposition Uranus - how do people with this aspect act in love?

MidnightxPoison

A guy I'm in love with has this in his natal chart. I read that people with this aspect tend to confuse their partners/lovers and they don't seem to be very comfortable with the idea of commitment.

Kind of makes sense cause this guy has confused me so much! :confused:
So, I was wondering if anyone has anything else to add other than what is said on the internet?

Also, do people with this aspect act cold and distant out of fear of rejection or is it something else? How do people like this act in love?

elumen

Hi, I have had a few clients with this aspect. They are capable of commitment (depending on their ascendant, sun sign and the chart in general) but they need a great degree of freedom and/or unconventionality in relationship. The traditional set up usually does not work. One of my friends has this aspect in 5/11 (Venus/Uranus respectively), she had a long term relationship with a very nice guy, but eventually lost interest in it, left the relationship and started a new one with a ... woman! I do not want to imply that this aspect is a definite indication of bisexuality or homosexuality, but it indicates a desire for freedom and a dislike of traditional ways of relating. I do not think of this aspect as "confusing" though, maybe from the more traditional point of view it maybe difficult to understand someone who needs to have constant excitement, stimulation, and dislikes traditional relationships.

Last edited:

katydid

Also, do people with this aspect act cold and distant out of fear of rejection or is it something else? How do people like this act in love?

If he is sometimes acting cold and distant, then you are getting the Uranus end of the opposition at those times---and he himself is probably feeling cold and distant. The uranus, his need for freedom, independence, at times overpowers his venus, cutting off his 'love connection.' At times he may wonder why he is in a relationship, or if he should continue. But at others, he is truly loving and feeling and magnetic. He is not trying to confuse you, but is feeling pulled in opposite directions.

venus.gif
square.gif
opposition.gif
uranus.gif

Venus square or opposition Uranus
[deleted overly-long quote from copyrighted text - Moderator]

http://cafeastrology.com/natal/venusuranusaspects.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Claire19

I feel it is more the loss of freedom that they fear. They would be commitment shy I imagine. Also there can be shortlived and sudden love affairs. They are not one to look for deep and meaningful love with one person. This would stifle them. Of course we need to look at other aspects and the sign that they are in. They can have a sub conscious fear of castration and may be experimental and try both sexes. Confusion belongs to Neptune.

Claire19

elumen said:
Hi, I have had a few clients with this aspect. They are capable of commitment (depending on their ascendant, sun sign and the chart in general) but they need a great degree of freedom and/or unconventionality in relationship. The traditional set up usually does not work. One of my friends has this aspect in 5/11 (Venus/Uranus respectively), she had a long term relationship with a very nice guy, but eventually lost interest in it, left the relationship and started a new one with a ... woman! I do not want to imply that this aspect is a definite indication of bisexuality or homosexuality, but it indicates a desire for freedom and a dislike of traditional ways of relating. I do not think of this aspect as "confusing" though, maybe from the more traditional point of view it maybe difficult to understand someone who needs to have constant excitement, stimulation, and dislikes traditional relationships.

I am not surprised at the homosexuality aspect as I have found this combination of Uranus and Venus with varying aspects in many of these charts.

elumen

I agree, Claire19, but it is not the only indication I wanted to say. In case of my friend, she is bisexual, but I have another close friend who has a square between Venus and Uranus, and he is a straight as they come, but unconventional in relationship and in general.

MidnightxPoison

A friend of mine was bisexual and had this aspect. My fiance has this aspect too but he's been with me for 4 years and surprisingly, he is the one who wants us to be committed to each other because he loves me so much. He's Aries, btw.

AquariusT

astrologer50 said:
[poster was not asking for chart interpretation so deleted "post your chart" comment - Moderator]

venus uranus depends on the signs houses and any other aspects. Cannot really comment without seeing the chart.

for basics try here
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/venusuranusaspects.html

Well, venus opposing uranus can certainly be read without the degrees or houses. Planet configurations have meanings all by themselves.

I found that venus opposing uranus in love in general is very unpredictable. I have noticed that they always have someone else waiting in the wings, just in case. They also are attracted to unusual romances! Then can be very senstive to touch and there for very sexual and attractive to others. I do not find that this aspect has homosexual tendencies.

Momma's Kumquat

i have venus opposite uranus. 0.18 degree orb, uranus on zero degree capricorn and 10th house , venus on 0 cancer in the 4th. The venus in cancer 4th makes me quite needy in matters of affection, but the uranus in the 10th, it's almost like uranus is constantly telling me a relationship is restricting my career, and this has always been difficult in relationships. i'm a deeply compassionate person but i can also quite easily intellectualize the mystery out of anything. it's almost as if uranus makes you laugh at your own relationships, as if they're stupid and fabricated. the trick is the find another uranian type person, you'll always be on your toes and in turn, they'll be able to deal with you because they have their own uranian issues.

Lin

This person's experience of love and security is that it is temporary.
This begins in childhood.
Then later in life it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Being with someone like this, who hasn't come to grips with the traumas of childhood is a big risk.
If you aren't a gambler, let him go.
LIN

michel12

Hi, i have this [i am married a second time] and my husband has this also with uranus conj pluto no less! we love each other very much and the key word is FREEDOM , we need space and stimulation or else we get bored, of corse other things should be looked at in the chats of u both. we both trust and understand each others needs and thats very important. good luck

R4VEN

This person's experience of love and security is that it is temporary.
This begins in childhood.
Then later in life it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Being with someone like this, who hasn't come to grips with the traumas of childhood is a big risk.
If you aren't a gambler, let him go.
LIN
That's a very good way of putting it, Lin. I have the conjunction between Venus & Uranus, which I believe acts similarly. My childhood experiences taught me that love is conditional, probably temporary, and so I can't depend upon it. Result? Much safer to keep my distance and act independently in the world.

LeoJeo

Bringing back this thread because it peaked my interest. I have this aspect and I am not bisexual or homosexual in the slightest. But I do have an unorthodox way of dating. I am essentially a player who gets with many different girls and prefer the friends with benefits style relationship, or at the very least, see many girls at once. In this way I am able to keep my freedom but also express my emotional and sexual desires. This placement is also said to be one of infidelity i.e. unconventional dating styles such as mine

Claire19

Bringing back this thread because it peaked my interest. I have this aspect and I am not bisexual or homosexual in the slightest. But I do have an unorthodox way of dating. I am essentially a player who gets with many different girls and prefer the friends with benefits style relationship, or at the very least, see many girls at once. In this way I am able to keep my freedom but also express my emotional and sexual desires. This placement is also said to be one of infidelity i.e. unconventional dating styles such as mine
I want to know how you get away with seeing many girls at a time and they dont find out and drop you, or worse.
:smile: Are you seeing girls with the same connection with Venus and Uranus!!!!or their Mars and Uranus .:happy:
I can understand the FWB but multiples?? Do you ever get their names mixed up??? or do you call them all darling lol!!!. I am allowing for some exaggeration on your part but even so....

Claire19

Hi, i have this [i am married a second time] and my husband has this also with uranus conj pluto no less! we love each other very much and the key word is FREEDOM , we need space and stimulation or else we get bored, of corse other things should be looked at in the chats of u both. we both trust and understand each others needs and thats very important. good luck
If you do use Pluto and I dont, with Uranus they are generational placements and everyone in your age group will have it. There has to be other personal planet connections to indicate a need for freedom and space.

The_Saturnian

I agree Pluto and Uranus are currently in square with one another and the effect is hardly reduced to individuals across the planet. People are rebelling against governments for a change in governance and order.

I too have Venus @25 degrees in 12th Gemini conjunct Ascendant @ 28 degrees opposite Uranus (r) @ 15 degrees conjunct Moon @ 14 degrees 6th house Sagittarius. I've never been attracted to men thus making me heterosexual despite having this aspect. My luck hasn't really be brilliant in relationships and this supplemented by Saturn inconjunct Venus. More than anything else the it does make me and emotional freak at times when in a relationship. You could say I'm an isotope of unstable emotional radiation. Marriage lines on my hands are very fine and many, nothing deep to suggest a committed relationship though one deep one appears to be developing at the moment. The aspect has played a key role in my health rather than relationships. It's given me a somewhat difficult to diagnose (Uranus (r)) condition arising out of and in connection with over indulgence of food (Venus) and is made worse by emotions and anxiety (Moon).

LeoJeo

I want to know how you get away with seeing many girls at a time and they dont find out and drop you, or worse.
:smile: Are you seeing girls with the same connection with Venus and Uranus!!!!or their Mars and Uranus .:happy:
I can understand the FWB but multiples?? Do you ever get their names mixed up??? or do you call them all darling lol!!!. I am allowing for some exaggeration on your part but even so....

Well quite frankly they don't know about the other ones. :lol: monogamous relationships simply aren't for me at this time in my life and probably won't be until far into the future. I've never mixed up names before as I have a very good memory and due to the fact that every girl is unique in their own way hehe. Honestly I have no idea what their connections with mine are in terms of venus, uranus, or mars. I only know mine. But I tend to be compatible with almost any girl, and I attribute this to my charisma and charm that I get from a combo of sun, mercury, and venus in leo and Mars in Libra.

kai

A guy I'm in love with has this in his natal chart. I read that people with this aspect tend to confuse their partners/lovers and they don't seem to be very comfortable with the idea of commitment.

Kind of makes sense cause this guy has confused me so much! :confused:
So, I was wondering if anyone has anything else to add other than what is said on the internet?

I recently met someone with Venus-Uranus opposition (3 degree orb) and let me tell you that whatever you said in here is VERY true. So confusing...he showed he was very into me but at the same time his actions did not. I got a very conflicting feeling each time I met him. I learned to pay attention to the natal chart of a man for this particular aspect. Staying away next time!