To homeschool or to not homeschool

eekndyn

Should I homeschool my boy or not..? Chart is live. I am the mother (moon) positioned in the 4th, in the moons fall degrees between lib15 and scorp15. Moon and mars (my son) are in a square. If I was to take the 9th from the 5th it would indicate my sons current higher education be the moon. so I am caught up between the significator being the same. I am hesitate as my son is flat out smarter than I am. I think if it is a task at hand I could do whatever it takes if the risk to transition is worth it. My son isnt well received by his peers. My thoughts were to work with him his 5th grade year and have a strong transition into middle school confident mature and still years beyond his peers. I dont want to mess it up. Any thoughts. I know its hours before the the full moon. So for me it feels like I have to make a decision and get off the fence.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_to_homeschool_or_to_not_home_school_hr.54661.29679.jpg
    astro_2gw_to_homeschool_or_to_not_home_school_hr.54661.29679.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 25

Chrysalis

I wouldn't if i was you, your son in 7th, which is 3rd/education/school, from 5th.... he's happy in capricorn and moon in libra/4th/home, mars is receiving by detriment...meaning he won't be happy with it.

eekndyn

I wouldn't if i was you, your son in 7th, which is 3rd/education/school, from 5th.... he's happy in capricorn and moon in libra/4th/home, mars is receiving by detriment...meaning he won't be happy with it.
thank you. he doesnt seem happy at school. he wouldnt like it with me cause I would challenge him.

muchacho

Should I homeschool my boy or not..? Chart is live. I am the mother (moon) positioned in the 4th, in the moons fall degrees between lib15 and scorp15. Moon and mars (my son) are in a square. If I was to take the 9th from the 5th it would indicate my sons current higher education be the moon. so I am caught up between the significator being the same. I am hesitate as my son is flat out smarter than I am. I think if it is a task at hand I could do whatever it takes if the risk to transition is worth it. My son isnt well received by his peers. My thoughts were to work with him his 5th grade year and have a strong transition into middle school confident mature and still years beyond his peers. I dont want to mess it up. Any thoughts. I know its hours before the the full moon. So for me it feels like I have to make a decision and get off the fence.
He's in a much better place than you think he is. Not sure why you would choose the 9th from the 5th for his early education, it should be the 3rd or the 4th from the 5th. Which means you are not really meant to play the role you think you should be playing. L5 is in own exaltation sign plus in own term which means you've got someone here who's in a really good place in terms of self-confidence. But L5 is also in detriment of L1 and L1 is in his 12th house. Which I would read as that he doesn't like your considerations at all. Did you actually ask him what he wants? L1 in detriment of L5 which would indicate that you have a low opinion of him and exaltation of his turned L3/L4 which would indicate that you are overstating his education.

Last edited:

eekndyn

He's in a much better place than you think he is. Not sure why you would choose the 9th from the 5th for his early education, it should be the 3rd or the 4th from the 5th. Which means you are not really meant to play the role you think you should be playing. L5 is in own exaltation sign plus in own term which means you've got someone here who's in a really good place in terms of self-confidence. But L5 is also in detriment of L1 and L1 is in his 12th house. Which I would read as that he doesn't like your considerations at all. Did you actually ask him what he wants? L1 in detriment of L5 which would indicate that you have a low opinion of him and exaltation of his turned L3/L4 which would indicate that you are overstating his education.

I was thinking higher education the 9th. dream big. yes i have asked him and leaving the choice up to him. I enjoy the structured schedule we have with school, but i dont like seeing him upset disliking school.i gave him an option. i am okay with his decision. teachers jobs are not easy and unappreciated. i do like where he is at and the teachers are great, its just rude kids making the experience unenjoyable. i dont think low of his opinion, i ask for his opinion all the time. i am not a fan of where he is at maturity speakong. maybe its not my role..

muchacho

I was thinking higher education the 9th. dream big. yes i have asked him and leaving the choice up to him. I enjoy the structured schedule we have with school, but i dont like seeing him upset disliking school.i gave him an option. i am okay with his decision. teachers jobs are not easy and unappreciated. i do like where he is at and the teachers are great, its just rude kids making the experience unenjoyable. i dont think low of his opinion, i ask for his opinion all the time. i am not a fan of where he is at maturity speakong. maybe its not my role..
I understand. I'm a parent, too. And the exact same question came up for us as well. Do we really want to expose our child to all of this? It seems so unnecessary. Fortunately, in our case, the child made the decision for us by expressing a strong interest in school. That was the end of it.

You see, the more decisions we make on behalf of our children, the less opportunity they have to learn making decisions on their own and dealing with the consequences themselves, which I think is at the core of most maturity issues. Many are not allowed to make their own decisions until they are 18 and then they suddenly have to decide what they want to do for the rest of their life. Which means they are ill-prepared and probably will just follow the loudest or most en vogue voice instead of their inner voice.

So, maybe ask him what he likes about school. It could be that there is someone he really likes there, like a teacher or a class mate which way outweighs the other negative aspects you noticed. It may not make any sense to you, but it probably does make sense to him.

So the way I see it, the decision you are facing right now is probably not 'should I home school or not?' but rather 'should I trust my son's decisions, no matter how stupid and immature they seem to me?'

eekndyn

I think he too enjoys school. He responds well to structure and order and a daily routine. There is this one teacher who is not his teacher he is fond of her. If that warrents his reason to stay I accept that. Thanks for bringing back to earth.