Moons in 7th/8th

astrobunny

Lately, I've been trying to figure out if I relate more to being a seventh house moon (which I am in Placidus) or an eighth house moon (which I am in Whole signs). I relate to the emotional intensity of the eighth house, but that could be due to my eighth house venus. I do get along very well with Cancers like seventh house suns but I know other Virgo suns who mesh very well with Cancers and my mars is in Cancer, possibly being a reason for why I like Cancers.

Does anyone knows how 7th and 8th house moons function differently in regards to their relationships with their mother? I'm wondering if that difference could help me figure out which system works best for me.

AppLeo

Moon in the 8th house depicts a mother that was overly controlling or smothered the child.

If you're not sure, just count the Moon in both houses.

JUPITERASC

Lately, I've been trying to figure out if I relate more to being a seventh house moon (which I am in Placidus) or an eighth house moon (which I am in Whole signs). I relate to the emotional intensity of the eighth house, but that could be due to my eighth house venus. I do get along very well with Cancers like seventh house suns but I know other Virgo suns who mesh very well with Cancers and my mars is in Cancer, possibly being a reason for why I like Cancers.

Does anyone knows how 7th and 8th house moons function differently in regards to their relationships with their mother? I'm wondering if that difference could help me figure out which system works best for me.
The SIGN of the natal moon makes a difference :smile:
Not all 7th/8th house moons are of the same SIGN

astrobunny

The SIGN of the natal moon makes a difference :smile:
Not all 7th/8th house moons are of the same SIGN
My moon is in Libra (0 degree), so it's very early in its sign.

Moon in the 8th house depicts a mother that was overly controlling or smothered the child.

If you're not sure, just count the Moon in both houses.
My mom could be very controlling as I was growing up.

I may count both.

katydid

The Moon also indicates your own deeply held feelings about womanhood and being a woman. It also tells us about our feelings concerning motherhood and our roles as a woman---etc.

In the 7th,in Libra it might indicate a native that expects to have a traditional 'wifely' role in her partnerships. :innocent:

In the 8th, that would be more intensely considered, and desires, sexuality, obsessiveness, might come more into play. :love:

astrobunny

The Moon also indicates your own deeply held feelings about womanhood and being a woman. It also tells us about our feelings concerning motherhood and our roles as a woman---etc.

In the 7th,in Libra it might indicate a native that expects to have a traditional 'wifely' role in her partnerships. :innocent:

In the 8th, that would be more intensely considered, and desires, sexuality, obsessiveness, might come more into play. :love:
As someone who really sees the appeal in the life of being a housewife/homemaker, that 7th house Libra moon description speaks to me lol

I will have to research more into the Moon symbolism as a native's femininity/womanhood and see what I find.

Thank you :)