BIG problem judging Asc of Showbiz Celebrities (esp. Movie Stars) through appearance

This is a topic that came up recently as I learn more and more about Cinema History and many famous stars in the past.

One of the ways to learn the Ascendant of a person as us Astrology Enthusiast know is to look at a pic is by seeing their facial features.

So far experienced Astrologers I noticed are surprisingly accurate at guessing a person's Ascendant. Even in the case where the person didn't know his birth time, as soon as he calculates an Approximate time or finds his birth certificate, it turns out the Astrologer's guess was spot on in describing how the person's features show he fits a certain Ascendant (in several cases 100% accuracy).

However I think there's a big issue for trying to guess the Ascendant of some people-Entertainment Celebrities-in particular Movie Stars.

For example Marilyn Monroe is stated in Astrological Studies to be a Leo Rising and indeed she does bring that Hollywood showiness Leo Rising are famed for. In addition her birth time confirms she's a Leo Riser.

But as I searched up Norma Mortenson's (Monroe's real name before she became a Movie Star) pics as a young girl, she's nowhere as showy in her teenage pictures as she is in her popular image of Marilyn Monroe. Mortenson was actually a brunette and while she still did exude some Leonine optimism in her pics, she's nowhere as Leo Rising as we picture her stage persona, Marilyn Monroe.

http://www.cyberpathway.com/whispers/music/images/marilyn2.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12800000/Marilyn-Monroe-marilyn-monroe-12891202-2057-2560.jpg

Big contrast in appearance ehh?

In an off-topic question-does Mortenson look like a Leo Rising before she transformed herself into Marilyn Monroe?

But I have caveat to make.

When trying to guess showbiz celebrities Rising Signs-especially Movie Stars-I learned that many celebrities have completely different appearance before they became Big Stars.

Many like Monroe dyed their hair into different colors and dressed in a completely different fashion before they went into acting. Others like Rita Hayworth got a lot of cosmetic surgeries to alter their appearances into more beautiful, so much that they look almost like completely different people from their pre-acting looks.

In the Movie Set, so muuccccch make up is put on as I learned the behind the scenes stuff. Vivien Hartely (Leigh), while still very pretty without cosmetic enhancements, put up a lot of make up when she was in her prettiest role, Scarlett O'Hara.

Some actresses without Ascendant Signs confirmed such as Julie Christie I attempted to guess but could not because I could not see their aging effects typical of the Ascendant due to putting plastic surgery on in their old age.

To use an example I thought Grace Kelly was a Leo Rising because of her extravagance and showy fashion. But it turns out she's a Double Scorpio with Scorpio Ascendant (confirmed by birth time) and I was shocked. She did not look Scorpio to me in every screen shot I saw of her online.........

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/grace-kelly-ca-1953-everett.jpg

Until I saw some pics in her private life.

http://yesteryearremembered.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/grace-kelly.jpg

I became fully convinced she's a Scorpio Riser. Her eyes in many of her pics outside of Cinema and into her own personal life gives her that Scorpio look as does the general aura her pics exude.

About the only Movie Star who I immediately knew her Ascendant at first glance and had no doubt she fitted my guess based on appearance alone is Katharine Hepburn.

http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/womenenc/khepburn2.jpg

And my belief was confirmed when it was revealed that her Ascendant is in Scorpio based on the time in her birth certificate. Even in pics I came across her outside of cinema, she does give off that Scorpio vibe.

It was more obvious with her because unlike Grace Kelly she didn't put very little make-up even when acting in movies and publicity shots and she preferred not to dress extravagantly like most Movie Stars. Hence you can clearly see all the Scorpio right away as opposed GK who was a Double Scorpio but was not hesitant about dressing as royalty and putting lots of make up in public (though she's still VERY PRETTY even without makeup).

So out of my observation came an issue-guessing a celebrity who's mostly famed for the entertainment business. Especially one who's BIG in certain industries where lots of Gorgeous looks are highly required like the Movie Industry (thus lots of make up and plastic surgeries).

The reason for this thread is because in a couple of astrology forums I was banned from, people were LITERALLY making judgements of people's ascendant based on their APPEARANCE ALONE! I seen a few nimrods even even state with complete confidence "X Star is a Libra Riser because she's so pretty and symmetrical" and "X star is definitely a Leo Ascendant because he is so dashing and gets ahead of himself".

To use a specific example one of the mods of Linda Land (and this was before I got pissed with him) Doomlord tried to judge the ascendant ofa few people I showed the pic of.

The first example was a girl eating a live octopus in Korea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNy8MUPOAtQ

He thought the girl in the above vid was a Cancer Asendant and Fire Sun.

The next time I showed him a pic of a girl I follow on DeviantArt.com. He stated she is definitely a Libra but called her a Cancer Ascendant, stating its those watery eyes she had. He got the Libra spot on but I'm not so sure about Cancer Ascendant (can't be confirmed because I don't know her birth time).

I showed him a pic of Katharine Hepburn and he made a statement that, while being correct, is rather vague-"she looks like her Rising is in a Water Sign".

Correct because Katharine Hepburn has Scorpio as her Ascendant but it was such an INCREDIBLY VAGUE statement that easily brings discreditably.

On the same day a few hours later, I showed him a pic of the French Cinema Star Jean Sorel (who he never heard of). Thats then I began to notice a dangerous flaw within Astrology. He stated the exact same thing as a few examples earlier: "He's a Cancer Ascendant". ALL BASED on his eyes which he says looks watery (it DOESN'T at all to me).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/truusbobjantoo/4999485339/

He even repeated the same thing as the girl on DeviantArt I followed. "He's a Libra" and while he got it correct, he stated such a statement that really made me call "********!". He stated "you can tell Librans by their lips".

Now Astro-Databank doesn't even have Jean Sorel in the database yet so I am relying on other websites. All websites all him a Saggie Asc and judging by the traditional appearance of Sagittarrius, he is indeed SAGGIE-looking (though because of lack of confirmation by Astro-Databank I'm refraining from saying he's a Saggie asc at least until his birth information is confirmed).

Its at this point I began to really see a flaw in how many Astrologers judge people's natal chart. No lying when is state not only do so many members on other sites particularly Linda Land literally TRY to look at appearance to say
for sure what the Ascendant of a celebrity is but they even TRY to judge on MEMBER'S Charts based on their posts and appearance alone! They did the same for me when I was on their site and its not until I got banned that I realized just how ridiculous they did BASED on my goddamn posts alone as well as those of OTHER USERS.

(Haven't any of those people who hated me for asking basics questions and even talked behind my back even researched my username across other sites-they'll see how goddamn differently I operate elsewhere and indeed I even exhibit all the stereotypical traits of Scorpio and even LEO depending on the site and its topic;recently I even literally made posts that when I read it absolutely resembles Capricorn and not Pisces at all).

Its gotten to the point people don't even bother to do online research or even get a copy of their own certificates because they are so sure based on what other users comment on their appearance and posts online!

I thought to should be a caveat to Astrologers when making studies on Celebrities in Showbiz esp. the Movie Industry. Studying so many Movie Stars has really been a big help into my Astrological Studies as I caught many things that would most Astrologers would overlook or completely be ignorant of like alterations caused by make-up and physical appearance when trying to put a possible Ascendant. The examples I celebrities I commented above above just convinced me even more of the importance of finding precise birth time via Birth Certificate. Some of these celebs even been through life experiences that completely alter their personality and appearances they not only no longer resemble their Ascendant but they even NO LONGER resemble their Sun Signs at all!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...130330090845AAZyFLR+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Been There said:
To mention a commentary from a certified astrologer on Yahoo Answers (where I originally posted this thread on;but now with some additions on this site).
One of the ways to learn the Ascendant of a person as us Astrology Enthusiast know is to look at a pic is by seeing their facial features.

Incorrect. In over 40 years of hobnobbing with fellow astrologers, I have never heard one try to determine the Ascendant by appearance.
I'm sure some do.
It's very sloppy astrology.
Serious astrologers, ones that belong to astrological associations, sign a Code of Ethics to NOT be guessing. To only work with the known birth data, and to avoid spreading misinformation (which includes guessing things).

Its already bad enough many enthusiasts do this but I even seen some self-proclaimed professional astrologers attempt this in a few chats!

What do you think?

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I don't think anyone is shocked/amazed that film stars look completely different from their pre-stardom days. Even the concept of "beauty" changes with time because "beauty" itself is a social construct. Anything can technically be classified as beauty given the right circumstances.

The process of changing hair color, going on diets, learning different postures, wearing braces, getting plastic surgery, etc. are all things that regular/non famous people do and not just limited to film stars. Changing appearances doesn't really change the overall vibe and subtle moves/cues that the ascendant gives off.

As to the pictures of pre-Marilyn Monroe, yes, she does look like a Leo rising but she also exudes Leoness in her poses and smile. Confidence with being exposed and getting attention is something that Leo rising is comfortable with (at least outward appearances).

As for Grace Kelly, she doesn't look like a Leo rising to me. I thought she looked like an introverted rising sign... like Virgo. I wasn't surprised that she was actually Scorpio rising. She doesn't exude a forcefulness in her vibes and poses, but rather, cautious, suspicious, restraint. She might have been a superb actress and was famous, but she was private about her personal life and liked to not be in the spotlight when it came to her family. Scorpio protects and shields their family from the world.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is shocked/amazed that film stars look completely different from their pre-stardom days. Even the concept of "beauty" changes with time because "beauty" itself is a social construct. Anything can technically be classified as beauty given the right circumstances.

The process of changing hair color, going on diets, learning different postures, wearing braces, getting plastic surgery, etc. are all things that regular/non famous people do and not just limited to film stars. Changing appearances doesn't really change the overall vibe and subtle moves/cues that the ascendant gives off.

As to the pictures of pre-Marilyn Monroe, yes, she does look like a Leo rising but she also exudes Leoness in her poses and smile. Confidence with being exposed and getting attention is something that Leo rising is comfortable with (at least outward appearances).

As for Grace Kelly, she doesn't look like a Leo rising to me. I thought she looked like an introverted rising sign... like Virgo. I wasn't surprised that she was actually Scorpio rising. She doesn't exude a forcefulness in her vibes and poses, but rather, cautious, suspicious, restraint. She might have been a superb actress and was famous, but she was private about her personal life and liked to not be in the spotlight when it came to her family. Scorpio protects and shields their family from the world.

I understand what you mean by vibe. But what I meant is that a large number of forums, people judge ascendant alone on APPEARANCE. Which lead to way-off results which I already described some above as in Jean Sorel's case.

I still think its best to use a precise confirmed birth time. Other factors can really affect the vibe that comeso ut.

M

may28gemini

Yes, people do judge ascendant by "general" traits, but that's just like any other placement. We start off with the basics and then work our way down the pipelines to more specifics. But overall, ascendant appearance get affected by the planets aspecting it. It's easier and faster to go by general traits because it takes some time and deeper knowledge of the person to acquire further information to judge what planet(s) could be affecting the person's looks.

Last edited: