Should I publish the book with Annablume or PU?

mossadrai

Hello, folks!

Can you help analyzing a question?

I have translated a book and two publishing houses are interested in publishing it. Each one of them has its own terms of agreement, advantages and disadvantages, obviously, and I don't know which publishing house should I choose to publish the book. The first one is called Annablume and the second one is PU. How to choose the best one?

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 18

miquar

Hi. At the risk of complicating things further, I thought I'd mention that I'm writing a book and am intending to have it printed by someone like lulu.com. I have a friend who has done this, and the main advantage is that it only costs about £8 per copy to print it, so any extra you add to the price of the book is yours. There is no minimum number of books that you have to get printed, and in fact customers buy the book direct from Lulu, who then send you your share. I would have thought it too good to be true if my friend hadn't done it himself. It means that I'll have to promote the book myself, and also sort out an editor maybe to check grammar, etc, but I would rather do that than slog my guts out for 18 months writing in all my spare time so that some publisher can take almost all of the profit.

Anyway, I hope things go well for you, whichever way you go with it.

mossadrai

Hello, miquar!

Thank you very much for this information. I indeed know Lulu.com but the main problem for me is that I live in Brazil and most of my buyers would have to ask the book shipped here, and the cost of that is way too high, breaking and removing all the advantages a publication with Lulu may have.

miquar

Yes I see, although I think people can buy from Amazon, in which case the shipping cost might not be too bad. Also, you could knock some off the retail price to compensate people for the delivery charge and still probably be better off than going through a publisher. But anyway, you're obviously considering this carefully and I hope your hard work bares fruit.