If a planet were to be destroyed or its orbit was altered...

Govind

If a planet were to be destroyed or its orbit was altered (by a meteor perhaps), what would happen?

Don't know if this is the right part of the site to post this thread but it was the most suitable one i could find.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi-I've often wondered that myself...When you think about it, its almost inevitable over Time.(A lot of Ephemerii would have to be re-printed, for starters!) Imagine all the arguments about which asteroid/planetoid/blah/blah we should use to replace it!
I wonder how it would show up in a horary chart?
Lilly

HeyPlayGirl

i dont know but if i had a huge laser i'd blast pluto into oblivion haha

i wonder what happens when and if they discover another planet or major asteroid or something..like how they discovered chiron and they can correlate traits with it....just wonder how the next planet or asteroid will be able to affect our charts :sideways:
maybe there will be like a fame planet haha

piercethevale

Missing planet Phaeton (
URL indirection is not working properly, problem of astrologyweekly software to handle ")":
Use URL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaeton
Then open link at "Phaeton (hypothetical planet) from popular culture section,"
)

It is expected that there was a planet between Mars and Jupiter. As a result of some collision it got converted into asteroids.

===
Single planet would have been easier, adding so many asteriods in predictive system has become headache (I feel so beacuse number of additional variables with knowledge base in infancy). If some other planet (specially nearby planet) has similar fate and we survive with predictive knowledge, it will be more headache to predictive system.

...My brother [whom introduced me to real Astrology back in the '80s] told me he had read that "Lucifer shattered the planet that was between Mars and Jupiter in order to confuse mans' psyche."
I've never agreed with the current accepted panalopy of rulership of the signs by the planets....and least not the way it is drawn out beyond Mars.
I've another theory posted somewhere in this forum on how I believe planentary rulerships should be assosciated and my arrangement keeps this one time planet in play by assigning it to Sag. and Pisces. Thus Jupiter is the ruling planet of Aquarius and Capricorn...Saturn thus becomes the 'Higher Octave' of the Sun and Moon, rulers of Leo and Cancer...Uranus the 'Higher Octave' of Mercury [as is already defined] but in its' proper placement over the signs Virgo and Gemini. Neptune the 'Higher Octave' of Venus [as already defined] but in its' proper placement over the signs of Libra and Taurus. Pluto the 'Higher Octave' of Mars and in place over Scorpio and Aries.
This leaves Sag., Cap., Aquarius and Pisces un-matched with higher octave planets unless there are two more planets yet to be discovered...which is exactly what I believe...that THERE ARE two more planets out there.
In one of my proposed theories I've assigned those planets to orbits of 666 and 888 years. Thus the 'Higher Octave' of the asteroids is the planet with an orbit of 666 years and that becomes very intriguing as per what my brother stated in regards to Lucifers actions.
I consulted with my clairvoyant-psychic friend, Clarisse Conner, [whom has assissted me greatly these past six-plus years] and she said I'm correct in my assumpton that the asteroids do rule the signs of Sag. and Pisces.
I asked her how then do we pinpoint the influence of the asteroids...she said she "sees wormhole like occurences that give effect"...certainly quite confusing to the psyche...she also concurs with my rearrangement of the planetary ruleships and my inclusion of two, yet to be, discovered planets.
Draw it out for yourselves and you'll see the simplistic beauty of it. It makes perfect sense to me and certainly far more sense than the current excepted notions of rulerships beyond Mars, planetarily, especially those in regard to Uranus and Neptune which are all over the place in current theory.

HeyPlayGirl

haha wow you've taken this way too far IMO

pluto is my chart ruler and yes i look plutonian. if you're asking so you can give me some lecture on how my life and looks would change don't bother.
obviously my thoughts and feeligns on pluto are not solely "i would blast it into oblivion". i have very deep opinions on it, but you're only going by that sentence that was meant to be a joke. hence the "lol"

i really think you're being overly sensitive. :rolleyes:
a joke is not meant to be taken seriously.

Wow, ok! This makes it even more interesting! So I'm very curious though as to why you even made such a joke about something that resembles yourself as if it were something to be detested?

It's understandable in some ways, I'm guessing you deal with Pluto on a larger scale than many others. Personally I do too, it's also my first planet, at 2 degrees Scorpio in 5th house conjunct Mars. Although as stated earlier, I see it as a positive planet.

Also, out of personal interest, does your Pluto have any very defined influences on your physical appearance? What would you say is a very Plutonic feature that you have?

Last edited:

HeyPlayGirl

if i want to explain what pluto means to me or answer your question about a hypothetical scencario based on a joke, i'll start my own thread. but don't hold your breath.

Last edited: