Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 09-03-2017, 06:44 PM

Arrow Re: Eclipse and Harvey

Total solar eclipses were harbingers of doom throughout history, but what about wherever the Aug 21st path of totality crossed: Seismically active and volcanic areas of Oregon and Wyoming...and the New Madrid fault zone in Missouri, the tornado alleys of the Central Plains and Southeast, and hurricane-prone coast of South Carolina. If anything occurred, we would rule out the natural disaster common to the area or expected to happen to a total solar eclipse. I believe the recent eclipse didn't bring on hurricane Harvey in southeast Tex and Louisiana.

Unread 09-03-2017, 10:02 PM

Re: Eclipse and Harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Total solar eclipses were harbingers of doom throughout history, but what about wherever the Aug 21st path of totality crossed: Seismically active and volcanic areas of Oregon and Wyoming...and the New Madrid fault zone in Missouri, the tornado alleys of the Central Plains and Southeast, and hurricane-prone coast of South Carolina. If anything occurred, we would rule out the natural disaster common to the area or expected to happen to a total solar eclipse. I believe the recent eclipse didn't bring on hurricane Harvey in southeast Tex and Louisiana.
There were natural disasters ongoing in those areas you listed:

http://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/...nds_of_ac.html
Wildfires continue burning in Oregon, prompting air hazard warning
Posted August 29, 2017
Wildfires are burning thousands of acres across the state, prompting evacuations and air hazard notices in several areas.

Over half a million acres lost to Montana wildfires so far this summer

http://www.ktvq.com/story/36272439/o...ar-this-summer
BILLINGS - Montana is burning.

Four thousand firefighters, 125 aircraft and 350 Montana National Guard troops battled 40 wildfires this summer that scorched 655,171 acres with 23 still actively consuming land statewide.

According to InciWeb, the most destructive of these was the Lolo Peak Fire which claimed two lives and burned 39,719 acres.

The Lodgepole Complex Fire was the largest of the summer coming in at 270,723 acres.

The longest burning was the Tongue River Complex. It began in early July and burned just under 29,000 acres and is still listed as active on Inciweb, the federal website for fire information.

This fire season has been compounded by a lack of rainfall. August was nearly the driest on record, creating an extremely dangerous situation.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithab...ears-synopsis/
Wildfires Engulf Thousands Of Acres As The Solar Eclipse Nears (Synopsis)
The solar eclipse we’ve all been waiting for is just two weeks away. Yet even though you’ve got your eye protection ready, your location picked out, and your plans all set, there’s a wild card you need to be aware of: wildfires. The total solar eclipse in Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming-west-of-the-rockies coincides with peak wildfire season, and with over a million people headed to a 70-mile-wide strip of land, the risk cannot be overstated.

These^^ wildfires make sense with the prominent Mars in the eclipse chart.
Unread 09-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

I think it's a question of intensity, not just the existence of the fires and storms. Wildfires and hurricanes always happen at this time of year in areas that are prone to them. What's unusual is having such intense wildfires and such an intense hurricane hitting the same country at the same time. Eclipses intensify what already is, especially where they were visible.... so there we are.

I think it's noteworthy that Hurricane Harvey narrowly bypassed Mexico and hit only the United States. Maybe it rained in northeastern Mexico, but they didn't get walloped. Only the US did... and the US is the only country where the eclipse was visible everywhere. Not total everywhere, but visible everywhere in the continental United States.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (09-03-2017)
Unread 09-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

And I'm curious about astrological factors that would spell out air pollution. Someone mentioned it up thread, in reference to Harvey... I am currently experiencing a bit of scratchy throat from all the wildfire smoke, miles away from the nearest fires, in an area that typically has good air quality but is right now covered in smokey haze. Seems that extra high air pollution is happening in lots of places right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (09-03-2017)
Unread 09-03-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
And I'm curious about astrological factors that would spell out air pollution. Someone mentioned it up thread, in reference to Harvey... I am currently experiencing a bit of scratchy throat from all the wildfire smoke, miles away from the nearest fires, in an area that typically has good air quality but is right now covered in smokey haze. Seems that extra high air pollution is happening in lots of places right now.

The city of Los Angeles declared the Grand fire north of the communities of Sunland and Tujunga the largest in city history. 6 years of previous drought plus a heavily wet winter = lots of dried up brush to combust. Tomorrow is a high chance of rain there from what was Tropical Storm Lidia off Baja, Mexico and this is what firefighters need, a difficult task to contain the entire wildfire.
katydid (09-04-2017)
Unread 09-04-2017, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I think it's a question of intensity, not just the existence of the fires and storms. Wildfires and hurricanes always happen at this time of year in areas that are prone to them. What's unusual is having such intense wildfires and such an intense hurricane hitting the same country at the same time. Eclipses intensify what already is, especially where they were visible.... so there we are.

I think it's noteworthy that Hurricane Harvey narrowly bypassed Mexico and hit only the United States. Maybe it rained in northeastern Mexico, but they didn't get walloped. Only the US did... and the US is the only country where the eclipse was visible everywhere. Not total everywhere, but visible everywhere in the continental United States.
I agree. It is not just the existence of wildfires and floods. It is the potential intensity of the incidents. And I believe the eclipse intensified and aggravated the devastation.

Wildfires burn around Oregon, force evacuations | Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/.....-oregon-force-
- Oregon is struggling to deal with the largest wildfires to rip through the state in 13 years. ...
September 01, 2017 ...
Indeed, the air quality in some parts of Oregon has ranked among the worst in the country due to the smoke and haze...
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (09-04-2017)
Unread 09-04-2017, 11:31 AM

It will be interesting to see where Irma makes landfall. Maybe in the eclipse zone....?
We shall see.

Last edited by Kuntuzangmo; 09-04-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Unread 09-04-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntuzangmo View Post
It will be interesting to see where Irma makes landfall. Maybe in the eclipse zone....?
We shall see.
Last weekend, a tropical depression struck South and North Carolina, esp the Myrtle Beach-Wilmington areas. Last year (Oct), hurricane Matthew and 2012, hurricane Sandy in the same area. Luckily, weak Hurricane Gert didn't land last month, but was close to the carolinas and Virginia (Hampton Roads).
Unread 09-07-2017, 11:55 PM

So post eclipse we definitely have huge natural phenomena going on - Harvery, the wild fires, now Irma.
All quite on target I'd say.
I hope that there is good outcome from all of it in terms of compassion, generosity, and wisdom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-08-2017), katydid (09-09-2017)
Unread 09-08-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
So post eclipse we definitely have huge natural phenomena going on - Harvery, the wild fires, now Irma.
In addition, the nuclear test in North Korea was on the activation from mars and mercury. There is some concern that the tests are becoming powerful enough to collapse the mountain and release radiation if not done properly.

Also, the relatively quite sun (approaching solar minimum) started spewing solar flares recently. One was an X9 class flare, which is the strongest flare in about 10 years. The CME is hitting Earth now. spaceweather.com

Considering that hurricanes are fueled by oceanic solar heating, I would say this leo eclipse theme is the release of concentrated hellfire energy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to !4C For This Useful Post:
katydid (09-09-2017), Kuntuzangmo (09-08-2017), Osamenor (09-10-2017)
Unread 09-08-2017, 11:24 AM

And now a huge earthquake in Mexico, and Jose forming in the Atlantic.
The Caribbean basin is getting pounded from all directions post eclipse. It almost seems like the eclipse path is protected (we shall see), and it's all been diverted South. And not to mention the solar flares, and now the huge Experian breach....
When it rains, it pours - so to speak.

Last edited by Kuntuzangmo; 09-08-2017 at 07:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-09-2017), katydid (09-09-2017)
Unread 09-08-2017, 03:49 PM

There seems to be surprise at the violent result of the eclipse. But that is the astrological nature of eclipses. Mars activated the eclipse degree almost at once initiating violent events. Usually it takes awhile and people forget the connection.

To use the eclipse chart as an astro-meteorological chart look at the fourth house. That is the central ground location. In whole sign houses, it is Aquarius an air sign. Eclipses predict something violent not calm conditions so expect high winds and storms. Aquarius is ruled by Saturn which is taking many aspects: it is active. Saturn is the planet of heavy rains so expect lots of flooding too. The eclipse itself was in a fire sign so expect fire and smoke.

And it is not over yet. Solar eclipses have a long life. Every time a planet activates the eclipse degree by transit expect more trouble especially in or near the areas where it was visible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Culpeper For This Useful Post:
dr. farr (09-09-2017), Kuntuzangmo (09-08-2017), Osamenor (09-10-2017)
Unread 09-09-2017, 01:59 AM

In the August 21 TSE chart (Plato, MO, US population center) we find (relative to the Mexico earthquake-which is the strongest quake there since quakes have been recorded):
-Capricorn (signification for Mexico) positing Pluto
-Pluto within 19 minutes of exact parallel with Capricorn dispositior Saturn
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn in exact conjunction with Dark Moon Lilith
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn is part of the TSE platik Grand Fire Trine, linking Eclipse lord Mars with Saturn and Uranus
-Uranus and Pluto are often referred to in Modern astrology as earthquake significators
-Saturn, at the time of the Eclipse, is turning stationary/direct, a very potent condition for Saturn and its influences
-Pluto, in Capricorn, is quincunx Eclipse lord Mars

Based on the above relationships I would include the record Mexico earthquake as connected with the August 21 TSE.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
katydid (09-09-2017), Kuntuzangmo (09-10-2017)
Unread 09-09-2017, 06:31 PM

Something interesting also, not with regards to mexico specifically but in general for the leo eclipse.

Is the conjunction of saturn/lilith in saggitarius. And having pluto capricorn in exact opposition with ceres in cancer. The opposition is square to jupiter in libra. So it all ties together. With such configurations I would imagine much higher death tolls. Ceres in cancer can also be indicative of people dying within their homes.
However, I think alot of good will also come from all the destruction. Especially with ceres involved in probably the best sign she can be in; cancer. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of our mortality for a collective "reboot". And we definitely need a reboot! esp in the US, that is currently so divided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
In the August 21 TSE chart (Plato, MO, US population center) we find (relative to the Mexico earthquake-which is the strongest quake there since quakes have been recorded):
-Capricorn (signification for Mexico) positing Pluto
-Pluto within 19 minutes of exact parallel with Capricorn dispositior Saturn
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn in exact conjunction with Dark Moon Lilith
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn is part of the TSE platik Grand Fire Trine, linking Eclipse lord Mars with Saturn and Uranus
-Uranus and Pluto are often referred to in Modern astrology as earthquake significators
-Saturn, at the time of the Eclipse, is turning stationary/direct, a very potent condition for Saturn and its influences
-Pluto, in Capricorn, is quincunx Eclipse lord Mars

Based on the above relationships I would include the record Mexico earthquake as connected with the August 21 TSE.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashriia For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (09-09-2017)
Unread 09-09-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
Sometimes we just need to be reminded of our mortality for a collective "reboot". And we definitely need a reboot! esp in the US, that is currently so divided.
Very much agreed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-09-2017)
Unread 09-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
In addition, the nuclear test in North Korea was on the activation from mars and mercury. There is some concern that the tests are becoming powerful enough to collapse the mountain and release radiation if not done properly.

Also, the relatively quite sun (approaching solar minimum) started spewing solar flares recently. One was an X9 class flare, which is the strongest flare in about 10 years. The CME is hitting Earth now. spaceweather.com

Considering that hurricanes are fueled by oceanic solar heating, I would say this leo eclipse theme is the release of concentrated hellfire energy.
And what's human assisted global warming but concentrated hellfire energy?
Unread 09-11-2017, 01:34 PM

Not to mention the flooding in India

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (09-11-2017)
Unread 09-11-2017, 01:56 PM

Question Re: Eclipse and Harvey

Hurricane Jose isn't headed towards Florida, but if you're in the US east coast, from Virginia (Norfolk-Hampton roads) all the way up to Massachusetts (like Boston, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket), Jose might land next weekend, and it appears the NYC metro area+New Jersey is the most likely place.

For northeast Mexico (meanwhile, the southeast part had a M8.1 earthquake), Katia came and went, and dissipates over the mountainous heart of the country, also bringing rain to south Texas and soon, to the southwest US by Friday or Saturday. 3 days of monsoonal storms drenched so CA already.
Kuntuzangmo (09-11-2017)
Unread 09-19-2017, 11:39 PM

Now Maria and another huge earthquake.
Whew.
Unread 09-25-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Now Maria and another huge earthquake.
Whew.

While the entire country was mesmerized by the Eclipse
this event exposed another glaring daily reality
that every American needs to see.
As sudden inexplicable cloud-cover obscured Totality
for a number of places along the Eclipse route
once again the reality of Daily Manmade Water Vapor Generation
(Rapid Evaporation) from Power Plants across the country
to create and fuel weather systems
was as obvious as the Eclipse itself.
This is not “Tin Foil Hat Wearing Conspiracy Theory,”
this is basic Fluid Dynamics of the simplest order.
I’m talking about boiling water
just as you do for your morning cup of coffee or tea.
When you boil water for your cup of tea,
that water evaporates and goes into the air.
There is nothing complicated about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dxS3ICecXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 09-26-2017, 01:53 AM

50, 000 evacuated from a VOLCANO which is about to erupt in Bali:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mors-intensify

Bali volcano: 50,000 flee Mount Agung as tremor magnitude intensifies

Number of people leaving homes in shadow of volcano soars amid fears it could erupt for first time in more than 50 years
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (09-26-2017)
Unread 09-26-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
50, 000 evacuated from a VOLCANO which is about to erupt in Bali:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mors-intensify

Bali volcano: 50,000 flee Mount Agung as tremor magnitude intensifies

Number of people leaving homes in shadow of volcano soars amid fears it could erupt for first time in more than 50 years
Note that Bali (the "East Indies") is allocated to the rulership of Scorpio, and that Scorpio is in square to the Eclipse in the (Plato, MO) 8/21/17 Eclipse chart; also that Mars, which has dominion of the Eclipse, is dispositor of Scorpio.
Unread 09-27-2017, 02:15 AM

Volcano also errupting in Vanuatu. 6000 people evacuated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
katydid (09-27-2017)
Unread 09-27-2017, 11:46 PM

Remember that in the 8/21/17 Eclipse chart, we find that PLUTO AND SATURN are IN VERY CLOSE PARALLEL OF DECLINATION (within 11 minutes of exact), which means that its as if Pluto and Saturn are in very close conjunction in that chart; when we remember that Saturn is also STATIONARY DIRECT at the time of the Eclipse, we can see great deal of power, Saturn/Pluto type power, unleashed in the Eclipse chart.

I shall also add that, regarding celestial latitude, we find in the Eclipse chart that Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto are all within 20 minutes of each other in celestial latitude; with Mars having dominion of the Eclipse, and being so close to planets like Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in celestial latitude, we certainly can expect martial influences manifesting via Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto "channels" in the world.
Unread 09-28-2017, 12:11 AM

US expected to lift shipping restrictions for Puerto Rico hurricane relief

Jennifer Lopez to donate $1MILLION for Puerto Rico hurricane relief

Tags
eclipse, harvey